WW game idea

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

WW game idea

Post by Scoop20906 »

Who us interested in trying out one of these games using Twitter instead of the forum?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Re: WW game idea

Post by theohall »

How would that work? Right now, all of my twitter stuff is sports writer tweets.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

One more thing that I'd have to check on while at work or have it eat into my text package w/ mobile alerts. I am not in favor.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I avoid Twitter.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:I avoid Twitter.
this
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:I avoid Twitter.
this
+2
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Is ashton kucher going to play?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:Is ashton kucher going to play?
Who is ashton kucher and should I care?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Is ashton kucher going to play?
Who is ashton kucher and should I care?
He's that kid that did the truffle shuffle in Goonies.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Well, I thought it would be something "different" to try,

First off, an entries are automatically limited to 140 characters so posts would be shorter. With twitter you can create a list for the game and filter out everyone but the players.

However, there is not formating on twtter which is a draw back.

It was just a thought.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wasn't a bad thought and it might be fun but you would need people who use twitter. Seems like a good portion of us do not.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Try it on Facebook, that should be fun. Especially for all the friends that are in the dark to what's going on.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:Try it on Facebook, that should be fun. Especially for all the friends that are in the dark to what's going on.
Sounds like a huge pain to me. Would you have to read ever single player's profile to find what they are saying? Does it simply end up one very very long wall-to-wall thing with comments?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:Try it on Facebook, that should be fun. Especially for all the friends that are in the dark to what's going on.
Sounds like a huge pain to me. Would you have to read ever single player's profile to find what they are saying? Does it simply end up one very very long wall-to-wall thing with comments?

I was thinking the enjoyment would come from friend reading my posts asking, "Scott, what happened? Who was murdered? Don't you think the cops should handle this instead of a bunch of you going vigilante on someones ass?"

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

1) there are friends of mine on twitter (ok friend) who really shouldnt know what I do for fun in my spare time.
2) its very hard to find killers with so little actual information to work with.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:2) its very hard to find killers with so little actual information to work with.
It would be an interesting experiment for this reason. If our hit ratio doesn't change, then either there is far less skill in this game than we think, or people are just as guilty at 140 characters are they are at 20k.

Incidentally - if it is the character limit that you think would make it fun, just impose that rule here.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

We would each create new user names for playing the game and close it so only friends can read your Twits.

I kind of thought it would be fun on twitter because of how easy it is to have it live on my Iphone or computer during the day while I'm doing stuff. It really isn't that different then a forum game however.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:2) its very hard to find killers with so little actual information to work with.
Incidentally - if it is the character limit that you think would make it fun, just impose that rule here.
as an experiement i would be willing to give it a roll due to the character limit, character me intrigue...i mean i'd have to start off my posts like this...

/ :ninja:
/ :?:
/ :pop: :pop:
/ :wink:
/ :idea:
/walks off
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I would respond with,
:x
:shock:
:doh:
:roll:
:tjg:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

:grund:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:We would each create new user names for playing the game and close it so only friends can read your Twits.

I kind of thought it would be fun on twitter because of how easy it is to have it live on my Iphone or computer during the day while I'm doing stuff. It really isn't that different then a forum game however.
I don't have a cell phone and would be playing from my work computer anyway - so not quite as much allure for me as you (from a using Twitter standpoint). :) A limited character game might still be interesting. Either people will be more succinct, or it will be the longest thread ever.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles