Simple WW Return of the Hunter(ish)-Day 3?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: Simple WW Return of the Hunter(ish)-Day 3?

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus is trying to come up with a clever write up. It must be over than!! :D :D

You can spill it Lagom, are you the final wolf?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Although the sun seemed to be stuck at high noon for many days rather than a mere few minutes eventually the town decided to test their luck by killing Kenet...er....Bubb.........Sem.....er....Sc......er Lagom Lite. Milonite walked by and noticed Lagom was sitting next to a pit of quicksand. Thinking quickly Miltonite shrugged and shoved Lagom in. Tossing him a brick so that he would sink faster.

It is night.

Wolves - Who will you feed upon?
Seer - Who will you investigate?
Hunter - Who will you protect this dark night?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yes!! Scoop is the man. Good game everyone!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I would have taunted you all so bad if I'd won that. :twisted:

Yes, I was the last wolf. This wasn't one of my strongest games as a bad guy. I signed up as filler really because I thought Remus needed one more player and I thought it would be nice to play back seat detective for a change. No such luck, as the gaming gods have other designs. I was kinda bummed at being cast as the wolf yet again. My being busy in RL was no lie too, I'm co-arranging a summer festival and it's been very hectic.

In my and Arcanis' defence, though, you villagers cheated. You had the Power of Grund. :P

Sig updated, courtesy of Mr wouldn't-get-off-my-freaking-back-Bubbles. :)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop is the man?!?!?

bahhh

Im not getting any credit for this one :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:It is night.

Lagom Lite wrote:I would have taunted you all so bad if I'd won that. :twisted:

Yes, I was the last wolf.
:?:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

You're not the only one who is confuzzled. I am assuming remus' write up revealed something or Scoop is on drugs and lagom was helping.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Unless there is a 3rd wolf that I didn't know about that would be the ball game.

It really sucks going out on day 1 for no real reason other than Grund guessed right on a lot of stuff. I honestly was responding to everything the same way that i would have as a villager.

The decission to off Grund on night 1 was mine, i actually did it for a reason none of you had voiced too, I wanted to off the one person that would give the group absolutely no information. Since it was Grund everyone would have figured the wolves just didn't want to deal with him and the "Why Grund?" would have been more like "Why not?" From the time Grund called me out I was working on revealing the hunter and called it when Isg chimed in after I claimed hunter and didn't remove his vote. I also choose KK as my protection target because i already had an accusation against him and it would be easier to build my case with anyone who wasn't the hunter, and i almost did get it done too.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Sig updated, courtesy of Mr wouldn't-get-off-my-freaking-back-Bubbles. :)
lol... Drove me crazy that people wouldn't jump on you as fast as I thought they should. It got to the point where you were fabricating suspicion and I just knew you were the bad guy. Sure at the end I was thinking " I sure hope Lagom is it otherwise I'm screwed", but nope. Btw... I figured if I kept on shooting for you one of these games I'd finally be right.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I wasnt positive... Kene did a phenominal job of looking guilty at the end there... Before that I was pretty sure it was Lagom, but I couldn't seem to pay for the group to come to a consensus... I tried damn near everything to get people involved... I was pretty much ready to frakking die when I self-voted... When The day had passed and I was still at 3, I assumed the wolf was on and I wasn't going to die.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Stessier's head banging :grund: post gave it away even though I could tell Remus simply wanted to continue the torture. Still, win win for me. Helped win the game and got to kill theohall again. :twisted:

I was EXTREMELY torn on today's vote. Everyone and I mean everyone except Milonite did their damned best to look like a wolf.

Lagom was very sly and really the only reason I settled on him was because he always seemed to want to piggyback my votes and that Grund named him as his second guess. Really Grund must be psychic. His play naming Arcanis is on another level.

Mr. Bubbles, you really do have a super power. Remember with great power comes great responsibility. Still, the fact that you didn't waiver when you voted for Lagom really did help make my decision to vote for him.

KK just was bewildering to follow. He would throw accusations and votes around willy nilly and made it incredibly hard to read him.

Semaj, my vote for you today was a test. You really weren't reading wolf for me. The fact that Lagom so easily voted with me for you really caught my attention.

Still, nice to get another win. Good game, guys!

miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Awesome first game was a win and I threw in the last vote (yeah kind of late to the voting party). But a win is a win.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thanks for hosting the game, Remus!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I believe the village owes Grund a tip o the proverbial hat. Isgrimnur as well for saving Grund the first night but I think he gave his back by calling Scoop out on the hunter fake. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Remus West wrote:I believe the village owes Grund a tip o the proverbial hat. Isgrimnur as well for saving Grund the first night but I think he gave his back by calling Scoop out on the hunter fake. :P
Aye when i was torn between bubbles and Lagom, I picked Lagom based on Grund's call
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Scoop20906 wrote:Stessier's head banging :grund: post gave it away even though I could tell Remus simply wanted to continue the torture. Still, win win for me. Helped win the game and got to kill theohall again. :twisted:

I was EXTREMELY torn on today's vote. Everyone and I mean everyone except Milonite did their damned best to look like a wolf.

Lagom was very sly and really the only reason I settled on him was because he always seemed to want to piggyback my votes and that Grund named him as his second guess. Really Grund must be psychic. His play naming Arcanis is on another level.

Mr. Bubbles, you really do have a super power. Remember with great power comes great responsibility. Still, the fact that you didn't waiver when you voted for Lagom really did help make my decision to vote for him.

KK just was bewildering to follow. He would throw accusations and votes around willy nilly and made it incredibly hard to read him.

Semaj, my vote for you today was a test. You really weren't reading wolf for me. The fact that Lagom so easily voted with me for you really caught my attention.

Still, nice to get another win. Good game, guys!
I do what i can to make myself unreadable. honestly had to type out a couple of my posts then re read then in preiview to make sure Iwas projecting what I wanted.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Although the sun seemed to be stuck at high noon for many days rather than a mere few minutes eventually the town decided to test their luck by killing Kenet...er....Bubb.........Sem.....er....Sc......er Lagom Lite. Milonite walked by and noticed Lagom was sitting next to a pit of quicksand. Thinking quickly Miltonite shrugged and shoved Lagom in. Tossing him a brick so that he would sink faster.

It is night.

What were you going to do with this, Remus? The other shoe never dropped.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

make em wait a week for the results... that's my guess.

Fantastic game, Grund.

I seriously don't think I can play these games at the pace demonstrated in the last day-ish of this game. Just removes every once of fun for me. Holiday aside, that took - for. freakin. ever. To each - his own, I guess.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:I believe the village owes Grund a tip o the proverbial hat. Isgrimnur as well for saving Grund the first night but I think he gave his back by calling Scoop out on the hunter fake. :P

yeah, he got his mojo back. I submitted my guess to Remus and thought it was semaj back on day 2. Grund had been in a slump recently and thought "no way he could nail both of them."
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bite me :P
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Unagi wrote:make em wait a week for the results... that's my guess.

Fantastic game, Grund.

I seriously don't think I can play these games at the pace demonstrated in the last day-ish of this game. Just removes every once of fun for me. Holiday aside, that took - for. freakin. ever. To each - his own, I guess.
I tried damn near everything to get that last day to move....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Forgot to mention: Setting aside (without further commentary :) ) the fact that Isgrimnur didn't get it until it was too late, Scoop's choice to declare as Hunter was an excellent gambit to offer the real Hunter some cover.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Here's my message stream to Remus for those who find strategy/tactics interesting:
Grundbegriff to Remus wrote: Sent: 2010 Jun 20, Sun 01:03 pm
To: Remus West

When the time comes, I'll scan Scoop.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 21, Mon 02:11 pm

Vain peacock that I am, I have to assume for now that that was a collision over me.

On that assumption, my second highest concern is to ensure that the wolves turn their attention away from me tonight.

Arcanis is presently my #1 suspect.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 22, Tue 04:31 pm

The goal here is twofold:

(a) To look to the wolves as if I'm not actually the Seer but merely a villager engaged in Grundstanding. If indeed they collided over me last night (possible, though it might've been over, say, Lagom Lite), then they'll be more likely to skip me tonight if they think I'm not the Special. There's no way they'd skip me under those circumstances if they thought I was actually the Seer.

(b) To look to the villagers as if I'm possibly a Wolf. If it turns out that my guess about Arcanis is wrong-- and it's a shot in the dark based only on a hunch grounded in a single post of his, so it very well may be an error-- then I'll look wolfy to the villagers. This, too, will make it less likely that the wolves will kill me tonight; they'll figure I'm likely to die at the hands of the crowd, especially if I make an "error" as Seer.

My gambit here, overall, is to stay alive long enough to get another scan or two, and then to be proven in (eventual) death. Assuming I don't die tonight, I'll be asking the Hunter for protection the following night. (My guess for Hunter at this point is Mr Bubbles.). The possible cost of the gambit is a dead innocent today, but hey-- gotta break a few eggs, etc., and it is, after all, the first lynching. :mrgreen:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 22, Tue 04:43 pm

Of course, the greatest irony of all in this already ironic game would be for Arcanis to be the Hunter.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 23, Wed 08:55 pm

Earlier I thought that Mr Bubbles might be the Hunter. Now, I'm more inclined to think it's Isgrimnur.

I joked earlier about how ironic it would be if Arcanis were the Hunter. The fact that he claimed Hunter, and the way that he did so, tend to boost my sense that he's lying and therefore wolfy.

If he is the Hunter, that'll be amusing, and it'll open the question of why Bubbles and esp. Isgrimnur were causing my antennae to go on alert.

In for a penny, in for a pound. My goal was to stay alive in order to get more scan-lore. But if Arcanis is, in fact, a wolf, that'll confirm me as Seer in the eyes of everyone even though he wasn't my scan. So in that case, I'll have to spill early during the night, for I'll be wholly without protection and most likely to die.

If Arcanis is human, then I'll probably spill early in the night anyhow, to complicate the inevitable headlong rush to hang me tomorrow.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 24, Thu 12:41 pm

On the off chance that the wolf is confused enough to let me live, I'll scan Semaj.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DEATH
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 24, Thu 11:19 pm

My guesses are:

Hunter: Bubbles
Wolf: Lagom Lite

Am I close?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
AFTER SCOOP'S HUNTER GAMBIT/BEFORE ISGRIMNUR'S RESPONSE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sent: 2010 Jun 25, Fri 09:15 am

Interesting.

My first guess was Bubbles. But when Isgrimnur began to endorse my every move, I started to think he must be the Hunter. (I think I PMd you about this.)

After I posted my final threat matrix, Isgrimnur's response to it surprised me. However, I couldn't tell whether he was an evildoer overstating the extent to which I had cleared him, or a Hunter making himself way too obvious. That's when I posted this message, which gave Isgrimnur some cover (if in fact he had outed himself) and picked up Scoop's theme (from here). It looked to me as if Scoop was also giving Isgrimnur/Hunter some cover, and judging by Scoop's current gambit, this appears to be the case. (It'll be interesting if Scoop was trying to protect the Hunter without guessing that Isgrimnur is the one!).

In any case, that's a good move on Scoop's part, and I trust Isgrimnur will understand it.

I posted some cover for Isgrimnur, in case he was a Hunter who had made himself too obvious, but I also posted some condemnation of him, in case he was a Wolf who had made himself too ingratiating. In the end, I couldn't decide which was the case. So I defaulted back to my original guess of Bubbles.

I should've trusted my gut! It's been a while since my intuitions were running on all cylinders as they were in this game, and that made it a lot of fun in a Good Ol' Days sort of way.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LATER
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My principle for selecting scan targets in this game: Who behaves in a massively confusing way, so that people cannot tell whether he's good or evil? If the target's a wolf, great; if not, we've cleared up a lot of potential confusion!

theohall definitely fits that bill and was going to be last night's target, but he proved himself to me in the thread.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Just until morning. Then I was going to post a story line of them waking up with the birds chirping and the sun shining, la la la all the good stuff. But wait. Was that a flash of fur you noticed in the woods?!

Course the wolves confirmed the outcome and made it moot so.... :(

Also, Grund nailed it this game. It was like watching me play. Only the exact opposite. :lol:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'm just glad that I now have a sense of what to look for when evaluating Lagom Lite. He has been smooth-tongued and diabolical long enough!
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Hey grund, any thoughts on my play?

Trying to fix some holes in mah game...
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:I'm just glad that I now have a sense of what to look for when evaluating Lagom Lite.
Curses! Care to share? :)
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:Hey grund, any thoughts on my play?

Trying to fix some holes in mah game...
I asked to scan you so that I'd be able to say "Whatever Semaj does, and whatever it seems to imply, please trust he's human." Of course, saying that would've been of mixed value, since people eventually even voted against the wholly confirmed Scoop.

I did see that you were trying to get people to do something rather than nothing over the past few games, and I appreciated your rallying efforts. I'm not sure what happened to the momentum there at the end.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I'm just glad that I now have a sense of what to look for when evaluating Lagom Lite.
Of course not!
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Fantastic game, Grund.

Well, I am partially to blame for the final day creeping. After Theohall's vote going down in literally minutes I was much more wary of losing the game.

Big kudos to Grund. I think I'm starting to understand how you think but not how you read people.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I had a lot more trust in Grund that you folks did. I felt confident with his Lagom pick and I was confused when people didn't jump on board quicker. Between Grunds pick and Lagoms odd behavior which I pointed out people were still very reluctant to vote him off.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Of course not!
Fine. I'm gonna play exactly like this the next time I'm innocent then, just to vex you. :P

That has to be my favorite English verb btw, though it does have a "tin"-ish sort of quality to it... "Vex"... mmm.
Is there anyone in hell?

miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I am still very curious as to what KK's plan was and where it was going to go after a village lynch of verified human Scoop.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I need to re-read my posts to see what the hell i said that seemed like a give away to grund and keeps getting me suspicious looks. I try to post the same every game no matter the role and it seems that all i do is make people suspicious.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Arcanis wrote:I need to re-read my posts to see what the hell i said that seemed like a give away to grund and keeps getting me suspicious looks. I try to post the same every game no matter the role and it seems that all i do is make people suspicious.
I didn't have you as a wolf either. Actually, if it wasn't fro Theohall's strident protection of you I would have given you more a chance.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arcanis wrote:I need to re-read my posts to see what the hell i said that seemed like a give away to grund and keeps getting me suspicious looks. I try to post the same every game no matter the role and it seems that all i do is make people suspicious.
I think it was this one.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

miltonite wrote:I am still very curious as to what KK's plan was and where it was going to go after a village lynch of verified human Scoop.
I don't think the point was to actually lynch Scoop. I think he was trying to see if anyone would be silly enough to join that vote.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

miltonite wrote:I am still very curious as to what KK's plan was and where it was going to go after a village lynch of verified human Scoop.
Was looking ot see who woould actually jump on the vote. Ihad a couple of suspects and was looking ot see if they would actually jump on the vote a the last confirmed human.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Are you guys interested in starting up another simple WW game? I'm looking for something to join and this game ended pretty quickly....
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

J.D. wrote:Are you guys interested in starting up another simple WW game? I'm looking for something to join and this game ended pretty quickly....
I enjoyed watching as the game was played, so if someone wants to start another one I'll join.