LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Game Over: Evil Triumphs!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Game Over: Evil Triumphs!

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:It does though show how I was confused by one of Newcastle's clues. I wasn't sure how you guys gave credit for the Lighthouse in HEX5 - given the code he put down...
I thought Grund meant people were confused who Lostie's were. I had no trouble with that part.
I don't know how you knew to blow off his first (Hex6) code and to go with the correction-code that wasn't the right phrase - but, you AND redrun had the Lighthouse in the correct Hex via Newcastle's post - so yeah, you guys had no trouble with that. Totally weird to me.

I didn't (once I had the time to read) really have any trouble figuring out who all the Losties were either (save for the J.D. thing, I think my guess was that Arcanis was the silent Lostie, but after Lagom took over - I think it was clear that it was J.D. I can't recall how I deduced what team KK must have been on, but I had...)

Sorry, wasn't clear. I had no trouble figuring out who the Losties were. I did have trouble with Newcastle 5 or 6 thing. I still can't remember how I figured it out and am too lazy to search the thread. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wait, how was I 'quiet'? or did you mean after I was SACRIFICED TO THE BLOODY ISLAND?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:Wait, how was I 'quiet'? or did you mean after I was SACRIFICED TO THE BLOODY ISLAND?
I particularly enjoyed your death post with a vain attempt at trying make me seem like a friend, even though all the Losties knew better at the time. :)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

theohall wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Wait, how was I 'quiet'? or did you mean after I was SACRIFICED TO THE BLOODY ISLAND?
I particularly enjoyed your death post with a vain attempt at trying make me seem like a friend, even though all the Losties knew better at the time. :)
this game was an obscenity of deceit. You blasted losties sniggering up your sleeves at everyone who wasn't on your team, remus with his ridiculous plans in the widforum after my demise, wow. We absolutely need to play this again.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I liked this pair up of game quotes.

Scoop, on the Widmore forum:
Scoopmore wrote:Grund answered my questions. Sabotage at Arrow stack and all blow at once. I am sabotaging Arrow at Hex 13. DO NOT go to Hex 13 in the Present.
Redrun's message to Losties
redrun wrote:AVOID HEX 13 in the PRESENT as it's likely it will kill whomever moves there next.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:I liked this pair up of game quotes.

Scoopmore wrote:Grund answered my questions. Sabotage at Arrow stack and all blow at once. I am sabotaging Arrow at Hex 13. DO NOT go to Hex 13 in the Present.
redrun wrote:AVOID HEX 13 in the PRESENT as it's likely it will kill whomever moves there next.
The kicker - didn't LM say he tried to move there and found a wall?

Edit: Perhaps
There is a Sonic Wall between 13 and 16.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:I liked this pair up of game quotes.

And I would have got away with it if it weren't you blasted kids and your dog. :evil:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I did get blowed up in one hex. I don't remember which one. But it was the present fuel that did it to me IIRC.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:
Edit: Perhaps
There is a Sonic Wall between 13 and 16.
That was the claim that conclusively identified him as MiB on the first turn. Sadly, no matter. :cry:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

LordMortis wrote:I did get blowed up in one hex. I don't remember which one. But it was the present fuel that did it to me IIRC.
Nope. Fuel doesn't explode; it's a persistent asset.

You landed on a trap someone had set, IIRC, and it was because you bounced off the barrier.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
LordMortis wrote:I did get blowed up in one hex. I don't remember which one. But it was the present fuel that did it to me IIRC.
Nope. Fuel doesn't explode; it's a persistent asset.

You landed on a trap someone had set, IIRC, and it was because you bounced off the barrier.
I thought the note said Fuel was there and I didn't think anyone could have taken it because it was our first move. So I assume I blowed the fuel up.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unfortunately for Sayid (me), everyone who was a Widmore and realized I moved through a barrier already knew my identity. And I walked through a barrier the very first night. :|
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:Unfortunately for Sayid (me), everyone who was a Widmore and realized I moved through a barrier already knew my identity. And I walked through a barrier the very first night. :|
I thought you would have been given the option to bypass the barrier - not forced to expose your lack of inhibitions.

:?:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
theohall wrote:Unfortunately for Sayid (me), everyone who was a Widmore and realized I moved through a barrier already knew my identity. And I walked through a barrier the very first night. :|
I thought you would have been given the option to bypass the barrier - not forced to expose your lack of inhibitions.

:?:
Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:AND I'll move from 16 through 13 to 10 in the Present.

Regards,
Sayid
Tired of sitting on a rock and reminiscing, you decide to set out toward your destination.

You travel northwest a bit, and then pause. Watching a rabbit ahead of you on the trail, you notice the critter hesitate. As you study it, the rabbit hops forward, hits some sort of invisible barrier, and falls to the ground. You inspect.

It's not dead, but it's out cold. With great care, you look in the woods to either side and come across large pylons. Apparently there's a sonic barrier at the transition between hex 16 and hex 13.

You're very good with circuitry, electronics, and sound, so this isn't going to stop you. With great industry, you rewire the circuit behind a panel in one of the pylons so that the barrier will drop just long enough for you to pass. Then you pass and proceed along your way.
That is what happened. In a future iteration, Sayid could possibly be given the alternative to take a different route if he encounters a barrier, instead of auto-bypassing.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:In a future iteration, Sayid could possibly be given the alternative to take a different route if he encounters a barrier, instead of auto-bypassing.
Yeah, I hadn't given it really any thought before, to be honest.

I'm sure Grund will agree, in the future - it should be an option. maybe. 8-)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually, he was only exposed by announcing where he made it to (hex 10 the Swan)... If he had claimed to have bounced, only Desmond would have known.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:Actually, he was only exposed by announcing where he made it to (hex 10 the Swan)... If he had claimed to have bounced, only Desmond would have known.
Which would've been a cool way to communicate his identity to a teammate (had the FLAME not mooted the issue).

Nope-- that's not broken. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Actually, he was only exposed by announcing where he made it to (hex 10 the Swan)... If he had claimed to have bounced, only Desmond would have known.
Which would've been a cool way to communicate his identity to a teammate (had the FLAME not mooted the issue).

Nope-- that's not broken. :)
Still though Grund, you describe the crossing of the barrier as a very specific act (making it so someone of his exact shape,size, genetic makeup, etc -- he's not simply "immune to them" ) - shouldn't he be asked: "Do you want to disable it?" He could be with a number of people who are all about to bump into a barrier - I would think he may want to play 'normal' among those people.