LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Game Over: Evil Triumphs!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Game Over: Evil Triumphs!

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:A: What did you like?
B: What did you dislike?
C: What would you change, and how?
D: Would you play again if it were tweaked?
B. I think this one was overly complicated and it was more likely everyone was going to die before any of the victory conditions could be met. Did not care for the present and past movements. No wells, Getting trapped in the well limited me on what I wanted to attempt in movement in the present.
D. yes I would play again.

Have to think on the other questions.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:BTW, did Claire give any reason for not offing Kate right away? I would have thought that a no brainer kill sort of like my shooting Sayid - find the identity of that player and remove them.
No reason given, as far as I can recall.

Code: Select all

Jack            Newcastle
Desmond         Brendan
Hurley          Unagi
Kate            redrun
Miles           purge/stessier
Sawyer          J.D.
Sayid           theohall

Man in Black    LordMortis
Ben             Lassr
Claire          Kenetickid

Charles Widmore Mr Bubbles
Martin Keamy    Scoop20906
Daniel          Chaosraven
Charlotte       tru1cy/Semaj
Naomi           Arcanis/Lagom Lite
Zoe             Remus West
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Given that the Losties knew each other day 1 why pick on Scoop and Chaosraven if you wanted to target Widmore? You would have been better served to try and figure which of us was the shooter for Widmore and kill that player
You are right.

We should not have lynched widmore players each day - we should have waited until we figured out who was the shooter. :roll:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Other weird stuff that happened.

LordMortis (MiB) started on hex 10, moved in opposite directions in Past and Present, and thereby found both FUEL containers on his first move.

Arcanis/Naomi had a shot and declined to take it. J.D./Sawyer had a shot on the same turn and declined to take it. In both cases, the persons spared were teammates, though the shooters had no way to know this.

Chaosraven lobbied to surround the landing strip in hex 17 with barriers, and then Newcastle moved the Island and Chaosraven was teleported into hex 17.

The Heart of the Island remained untouched until the final turn, when Semaj fell in a random well.

01 ORCHID
02 ***Heart of the Island
03 TEMPEST
04    Wreckage
05    Lighthouse
06    Barracks
07    Well
08    Well
09 PEARL
10 SWAN
11    Black Rock
12    Jacob's Cave
13 ARROW
14    Colossal Statue
15    Temple
16 STAFF
17 ***Hidden Runway
18 FLAME
19 Pneumatic Tubes
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrun

Re: LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Friday morning

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:While we are at it, would one of you Losties explain to me why you refused to lynch LordMortis on the first day? Particularly if you were able to communicate in code I would have thought you'd figure locating the MiB would have been more important and if you were communicating you would have known he was not Lostie. :?
-- At the start of the turn - The only advantage is if he was Claire. If he's Ben we don't want to kill him, and if he's the MiB we only give away more info later if we do manage to kill him. Plus it was good to keep pretending we couldn't trust any pointed fingers against possible 'losties'. At the end of the turn... well, remember Brendan putting and pulling a vote on Lord Mortus - when he changed his mind in one minute? That was the Desmond "I've found the MiB" signal.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Damn I so wanted a piece of LM, but all this talk of Widmores and the candidates lost sight of the fact that the evil team were, you know.. dangerous. Too many circumstances played out and the playing field got small very fast. I blame the candidates.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

A: What did you like?
B: What did you dislike?
C: What would you change, and how?
D: Would you play again if it were tweaked?

Well i had fun, but i think a lot of it is that I was in a unique situation to take advantage of lostie knowledge and then blow up the team for team evil's benefit.

I would of course play it again, no questions asked.

I need to think over the other questions...maybe lose the past/present bit, and expand the board a bit? I think the moves while fun, were a bit overly complicated. This maybe would also cut down on the decission making of the various players. Also, would cut the lag time (no offense on that), and speed up the game. I realize there were some unique circumstances with 5 players disappearing, but i think shortening the turnaround would be good.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grundbegriff

Re: LOST 2 - Smoke and Mirrors: Friday morning

Post by Grundbegriff »

redrun wrote:remember Brendan putting and pulling a vote on Lord Mortus - when he changed his mind in one minute? That was the Desmond "I've found the MiB" signal.
Brendan correctly identified LordMortis as the MiB because LordMortis took advantage of his movement bonus in the past and revealed his starting and ending points.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:I realize there were some unique circumstances with 5 players disappearing, but i think shortening the turnaround would be good.
I tried to impose a short turnaround with strict deadlines on the first full day, and people complained. :D
redrun

Post by redrun »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Given that the Losties knew each other day 1 why pick on Scoop and Chaosraven if you wanted to target Widmore? You would have been better served to try and figure which of us was the shooter for Widmore and kill that player
You are right.

We should not have lynched widmore players each day - we should have waited until we figured out who was the shooter. :roll:
-- Yeah. I had a long post where I tried to get all the losties to go for a another day of skip, during day 2, then went away for about 36 hours - came back, looked at a vote, and realized that I'd somehow never posted it (since I had a skip vote in there). At that point I gave up on the skipping. Still, given that the converts were doing night killing, it wouldn't have made a difference.

-- Lot's of thoughts on the game, but will wait until I have time to do a full brain dump.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I realize there were some unique circumstances with 5 players disappearing, but i think shortening the turnaround would be good.
I tried to impose a short turnaround with strict deadlines on the first full day, and people complained. :D
i mean tthe night segments, those must have been a headache...i think also we were dazzled by the choices.

Also, I think the redrun connection was amazing for team lost. I dont think if we had that happen, I think we would have been wipped off the map. Though team lost, lost...i think teh communication gave them a fighting chance.

I think if anything, take away the widmore forums as well.

Maybe also, you can only do a full team email via the pneumatic tubes...ie you have to travel there to read it. And maybe have a couple of them. The point being that you want to give the team a fighting chance to communicate. I am betting that if team lost had not been able to talk, this game would have been a slaughterfest.
Bayraktar!!!!

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I had lotsa fun. My paranoia ran deep which is a big part of the game. And the espionage is fantastic. We got lucky and the infiltrators did an awesome job to make our lives much easier. I didn't think the game was over by any stretch and coming out was actually desperation on my part. The game was too complex for my pea brain so I don't really have any notes. I was completely unprepared to be the MiB. I just went went with the flow. I'd play again but I put too much useless thought in to these games.

I'm still trying to understand why I was scanned on turn one but oddly enough if it turned out to be a huge stoke of luck among a mass of other lucky things like happening into the Swan the same turn as newcastle and then again bouncing back in to the same hex as Brendan. I can only assume that every one had a part to play and that was cool.

I'm interested to know what the ultimate lostie code was.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i am sure one of us can put it up here.. it was very, very clever. Hats off to redrun he really made a mvoe that let everyone on team lost communicate.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Night 1 code received from redrun
Grundbegriff wrote:
redrun wrote:-- Howdy. I've found the broadcast station. What follows is as much as I can cram together to help us find one another, pass information, and coordinate movement. I'm going to code up whatever I can, and give advice - please understand that the advice is a combination of what worries me and what I think we should do, and is not me trying to run the game - feel free to
come to the broadcast tower and give out your own advice. :)

One big note: I expect the MiB to convert soon and I expect that he'll be reading this note within a few turns.
Second big note: My spelling stinks. If I've misspelled a code phrase, fix it, don't copy my mistake!

First. I'm redrun, and I'm Kate. I started in hex 8 with Unagi and Kenettickkid. In the past, we went south to hex 13 where we found the ARROW station. Random.org sez I was there first, so I'll be carrying out the jet fuel to drop next door (Hex 18). I did not set a trap in the present, however Unagi, Kenettickkid, and Scoop all are in the same hex, may have set the trap, and I would not know it if they had.

AVOID HEX 13 in the PRESENT as it's likely it will kill whomever moves there next.

In the present I went to hex 18 where I found the telecommunications station. I'm alone there.

Codes. It's your choice to use/not_use them. I do think we need to start to even the odds via lynching folks. If we all know who each other is I think we can do it..., and if we watch carefully, we may be able to figure out the MiB team/Widdie's via the Widdie's tending to not want to vote for one-another, but being quite willing to vote for MiB's. Things to be careful about is that we don't tend to pile on one_after_another to a vote, that we keep the widdies guessing about MiB's and losties.

Codes. Let the codebreakers count all the P's & Q's that they want. Everyone and every space will get a code phrase. Use a code phrase to identify yourself as a lostie. (Late thought - the MiB will get this one day and might care whom he converts... I've removed all player identification and gone with generic codes. Try to avoid using codes that others have. Read before making a post with a code phrase and don't be like me and spend 60 minutes writing up your post or someone else will use the same phrase. :).

Generic "I'm a lostie" phrases:

"No time like the present"
"This has got to be a joke"
"I trust no one. No one at all"
"Who wants to bet that"
"You talking to me?"
"I'm going to start the day by"
"Now that we've made it through a night"
"Where do I get a drink on this island?"

Place codes:

Each place will get a code phrase, and a code word. We'll count the number of words after the code phrase to the code word (including the code word) to figure out the hex number. If possible, put the phrase first thing after some quoted text so we'll know where to look for the phrases:

Number. Hex Name. Code Phase ||| Code word.
1 The Arrow: <Hex 13><Not safe in Present>
2 The Flame: <Hex 18>
3 The Orchid: "The next time that" ||| then
4 The Pearl: "I need a drink" ||| the
5 The Staff: "I have no idea" ||| of
6 The Swan: "I like this idea" ||| when
7 The Tempest: "I've noticed that" ||| while
8 Barracks: "Not that it's important" ||| however
9 Beechcraft Wreckage: "When this is over" ||| and
10 Black Rock: "One thing to do" ||| when
11 Colossal Statue: "I'd like to know" ||| and
12 Heart of the Island: "Who wants to guess" ||| that
13 Hidden Runway: "What I do know" ||| is
14 Jacob's Cave: "Who to vote for today?" ||| Not
15 Lighthouse: "Another thing to think about" ||| is
16 Pneumatic Tube Dump: "I agree with this, but" ||| I
17 Temple: "What about this idea?" ||| We
18 Well (prison in present): "This seems suspicious to me" ||| that
19 Well (prison in past): "I think this will work" ||| when

(One type of well is a prison in the present and a teleport to Orchird in past, other well reverses this.)

Five examples of use for [Number 6, the Swan] if it was in hexes one through five:
Hex one: I like this idea when I first read it...
Hex two: I like this idea. Then when the...
Hex three: I like this idea. Don't know when we'll...
Hex Four: I like this idea and think that when...
Hex Five: I like this idea. I've no idea of when we can use it...

(For wells, 18 & 19 - if you start with "Today <code phrase>" it'll mean you're stuck in the well & need rescue. We can figure out past/present via type of well. This way you don't have to announce that you're available as a target. If you're going to rescue the person, quote the code phrase so only one person heads to rescue.)

We should only need to identify ourselves once. We should only need to identify each hex once. We will have some idea where everyone is when they identify their hex. Folks sharing a hex should not put the code in twice - the second person can quote the code and comment on it somehow if they desire to show they are in the same hex, but if you're already paired up, there
probably isn't a need to identify location.

Sonic Barriers. How to identify Sonic Barriers goes here. Since I don't have a good way of telling people (other then in game) without using a bunch more codes, I'm going to just let this item sit.

Movement: While it give the MiB more targets, we're generally better together (takes away the knife kill of Ben, reduces the odds that team Widdie will shoot, PROTECTS JACOB at the Colossal Statue). (Then again, this greatly slows our searching... I dunno if it would be better if we split up for the first couple of turns...) I hesitate to have us all give our movement in that one day the MiB will convert and use our codes to track and kill the non-candidates. So folks will have to map out where other folks are and if they desire try to move together. So, use the in game (I'm going South) type move orders, with one additional detail - if bad folks are in your hex and you want to lie, the use of the following code means you're going 180 of what you've posted (avoid doing this unless needed, since it'll pretty quickly give away that we've found the broadcast station).

Generic: "For Movement"

ie: If someone sez: 'For movement I'm going South in the past and North, Northwest in the Present"
Real meaning: North in the past, and South, SouthEast in the present.

Items: Gack. Too many codes and we'll go nuts. If you want to tell someone where you've dropped dynamite or C4 start a post with "Before" and use a number in the sentence to give the hex location. I don't think we'll really need this.

How to win. Kill as many people as possible to control the day lynch. Find the plane, grab and carry as much C4 as possible (hex 18 in the past has a bunch!), but work on killing the MiB first. Finding and opening the heart of the island is critical. It'd be useful to find/protect Jacob. It'd be good to broadcast Widmore's ID if found so Ben will kill him for us. It'd be good to kill Ben since he's the MiB's best bet for killing Jacob.

Alternative option to win: Don't worry about kills. Just go for objectives. However, I suspect that we'll find it easier if we reduce the number of folks working against us.

-- Tracking people. I can't figure a good way of doing this that doesn't give away too much and make us obvious.

Desmond: Try to hang out towards the center of the map. When the heart is found, get there ASAP. If the MiB is dumb enough to move two in the past, then start a vote on him, then remove it quickly (Change your mind and say so, to make sure we don't miss it) so we know who he is.
Sayid: Get some C4 (Hex 18 in the past, and/or ?). Hang out near the airfield. I think the plane will be surrounded by barriers - you'll be the one to run through and blow the thing up. It would be better if the MiB is already dead.
Kate: (me) I'm going to shot someone tonight. I figure I'm already a target, I don't mind going public, I figure Claire will scan and find me fairly quickly so it's better I use my shot quickly.
Sawyer: It'd be nice to save a shot for later, but I think we're better in killing folks ASAP. We might take out a couple of bad_guy shooters, it will protect against the MiB converting a shooter and using the shot for evil. It's really your call - I'm not positive that you shooting tonight is the best thing, but I plan to do so to ensure that the odds are improved.

BTW, team widdie is going to know where everyone is and will know who had to have taken any shots. I don't think we gain much by trying to keep it secret (ie: only shooting if one other person is in the square). Someone better start a "when will people start shooting" thread if they disagree with me and/or Sawyer shooting tonight... (Frankly, I've not played WereWolf enough to know if there is a big advantage to saving a shot for late in the game.)

Other ideas: Anyone who broadcasts may want to include a new set of identify codes so we can find out if anyone has been converted to team MiB. Also give a new false movement code. If you take the time to give new place identity codes (or a better code overall!) it'll mean that converts don't gain any more knowledge. Do NOT use the EMP early if avoidable, it'd be better to do so when the heart & runway are know and we're in our final push...
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Night 2 from Redrun
Grundbegriff wrote:On the walkie talkie that you thought was drained, you're picking up a transmission. It sounds automated:
redrun wrote:-- Well, I think we're doing pretty good so far. I'll throw a bunch of stuff out again, use some & ignore the rest . Both Stessier and I are here, and we are both able to send - so, at this point, neither of us has been converted.

New Hexes learned. Hex 16 is the Staff. Unagi and I are both in the Staff in the past, so we did not gain the ability to raise the dead.

Movement Codes

-- These need to be expanded, and not so obvious. Otherwise team Widmore will just put barriers to block moves they don't like. So here is my suggestion: At the start of each new 'day' Grund posts an 'it is morning' post and changes the title of the posting. We'll use the minutes from the timestamp from that post to get our seed numbers:

So, for Day 2: Tuesday, it was: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42pm.

So, our numbers would be 4 & 2 - first one for past, second for present. If any number is a zero or an eight replace it with the day the game is in (day 3 is about to start).

Order is: North, Northwest, West, Southwest, South, Southeast, East, Northeast, and around back to North.

Add the seed number to your direction, count that many forward, post the 'adjusted' direction.

If I want to go South both days:

South+4=North (seed 4 for past) Declare North for past
South+2=East (seed 2 for present) Declare East for present

Ajust all movements (second movements also). It's a pain, but it will keep them guessing.

With both Stessier and I sending out messages this turn, he might pass on a different movement code. So, I suggest:
Movement <blah blah> The above code is used.
For movement: The 180 code
From here: Stessiers code (unless he already has a key word)

Item/place/time codes:

Time codes: Include the following word to let us know how soon you'll be there: today (will get there in one movement), tonight (two movements), tomorrow (three movements).

Going for the plane:
"I'm looking for an answer"
"I'm looking for a different answer"
"This isn't the first time I've seen"

Going for the Heart of the island:
Use something directed at sleeping with Kate: Just make sure you put Kate in it, and that it isn't serious (so if someone does bring up a discussion about Kate we can still take part). If the name "Kate" isn't capitalized, we'll know it's Desmond and he's planning on doing it himself. Look for other clues in the same post as to where they expect their past body to end up. If we can't arrange a short game (five turns?) I think we would be smart to work on bringing folks back from the dead as a worthwhile activity.

Going for the MiB (when we know the heart & have arranged it's opening):
Talk about the temple. Ask if anyone has seen it and if they think the location of it should be shared. Join the discussion if you're also going to go searching.

Movement and plans:
I really hope Stessier has a simple set of codes to coordinate movement and plans. I don't. I suggest the following - it's rather obvious and won't stand up a long game, but might do for a shorter period. There are code words to indicate that you are talking about what you are doing (so we know to read deeper for code), and code words for what you actually do.

Code words: You can use these code words - hopefully, if we see them, we'll look for other clues:

holiday, rum, vet, sand, coffee, coconut, tree (need more and better words here).

Alternative names for things:
Hex 1 Purple,elm,cat
Hex 2 Blue,maple,dog
Hex 3 Red,apple,fish
Hex 4 Green,date,bird
Hex 5 Yellow,fig,whale
Hex 6 Brown,prune,dolphin
Hex 7 White,aspen,crab
Hex 8 Black,Orange,lobster
Hex 9 Tan,Lemon,crab
Hex 10 Teal,Olive,clam
Hex 11 Pink,plum,snake
Hex 12 Grey,birch,rat
Hex 13 Indigo,ceder,spider
Hex 14 Violet,pine,salmon
Hex 15 Brown,willow,tuna
Hex 16 Gold,dogwood,trout
Hex 17 Silver,redwood,ferret
Hex 18 Copper,bonsai,monkey
Hex 19 Magenta,Lime,seabass
MiB stranger,tall
C4 watch,eat,cage
Dynamite climb,tame,pour
dead body catch,find,saw
shot bite,break,buy
EMP dinner,food,search

So, to say I want an EMP in Hex 9 on the second night following:
"I found some rum. Now, all I need is I need is a crab dinner tonight and I'll be happy".

Really, I think this is only going to be useful when we all see a common goal, or towards the end of a turn when we're figuring out next moves. As a method of discussion, it sucks. Feel free to come up with something better. :)

Sonic Barrier Codes: Someone else will need to handle this. Everything I come up with is too complex and/or too obvious. We do have a good idea where each other are, so can use that to help indicate where the barrier are. (Late add: No, I guess we don't know where everyone is anymore, and the original place codes are not going to stand up to repeated usage. I'd suggest using the original codes only to point out new hexes, and the new codes for current hexes if needed for discussion of current location or walls or etc..)

My threat list:

Widmores:
Chaos
Tru1cy?
Remus West
Scoop ? (Scoop and Lassr might switch spots, but I don't think so).
Mr. Bubbles (He's protecting Widmores and trying to declare non-Widmores as Widmores)

I suspect Remus West as Charles Widmore (from a Chaos posting), I'd guess Chaos doesn't have a shot. Both of these are weak guesses.

MiB:
Lassr: Ben (He's the only one who doesn't know his partners, and he scanned Scoop, the only person who declared where they were at the start of the game. Ben is looking to find the MiB, and MiB team should have been the only ones who could safely declare where they were.)
LordMortis: MiB : Brandan sez we have positive ID on him as the MIB.

Losties:
We know the team.

Converted:
Chaos was an obvious target on turn 1. Remus is an obvious target for turn 2. However, I think the MiB will try for someone from each team... Stessier and I are currently safe. Newcastle has really caught my attention with the "Move Island" thing - we were setup to finish a basic explore in three turns, there are a couple of kill hexes, why scatter us now? It does mess up all teams - but it catches my attention as to why.

Who disabled the EMP? Not one of us (unless it was the quiet one). Lassr is at 5 in the past - couldn't have been him. Tru1cy is at 17, he could have done it. However, LordMortis said there was a barrier between 13 & 16 so he is in range. I suspect it was LordMortis who disabled the EMP.

(The barrier between 13 & 16 is why I didn't want to go SouthWest originally Unagi, however I decided it might be safe, based on figuring that LordMortis probably saw the barrier in the present - which he then confirmed.)

Places (Please verify that I got these in the right hexes):

1 The Arrow: <Hex 13><Not safe in Present> redrun
2 The Flame: <Hex 18> redrun
3 The Orchid: <Hex 1> Newcastle
4 The Pearl: <Hex 9> Stessier
5 The Staff: <Hex 16> redrun,unagi
6 The Swan: <Hex 10> Theohall
7 The Tempest: <Hex 3> Unagi
8 Barracks:
9 Beechcraft Wreckage:
10 Black Rock: <Hex 11> Theohall
11 Colossal Statue: <Hex 14> Brendan
12 Heart of the Island:
13 Hidden Runway: <Hex 17> Brendan
14 Jacob's Cave:
15 Lighthouse: <Hex 5> Newcastle
16 Pneumatic Tube Dump:
17 Temple: <Hex 15> Stessier
18 Well (prison in present):
19 Well (prison in past):

Plans

-- What I think we need to do. Keep the game mixed up for a couple more turns. Setup our win conditions. Try to keep them guessing on message status - I think they'll suspect we've communicated, however I doubt they realize just how much we've figured out and shared.

1. Need to find the Heart of the Island. Need to have Desmond or other folks open it. If the temple and the Heart are close together, great. If not, it might be worthwhile, for whomever opens the Heart, to move your past character(s) close to the temple - this would allow Jack to grab your body, pass it to Present, then bring you back. Desmond - I know it's hard, but I do think it would be best if you could do the open - one player dying in a hex is an unknown, two in a hex points towards the Heart being open. Much of the other planning ideas I'm putting out should be secondary to finding the Heart. I'm hoping someone finds it tonight, however there are only three of us that can find it.

2. Need to track the MiB for when it's time for the kill. Would be great to have someone setting up for the shot the turn we open the island... but no good way to know for sure. Not too critical yet, and Desmond can give us a last good location in past when we're about to open the heart.

3. Need to have someone (or better yet, a couple of someones) ready to head out to damage the plane. I'm in the past in hex 16 with Unagi. I'd like to have the pair of us move into hex 18 and grab C4 this turn. I'd love to have a third person join us, I do worry about having too many people in one hex with the MiB's attack, and I do think he'd attack that hex - he also needs the plane to win. However, it's early enough that he might not know the hex yet. It would be very funny to be able to blow the plane up forever in one shot. It would also mean that neither of the other two teams could win - I suspect they would join together to try to prevent us from winning. So, MiB first, then the plane.

4. Would be very good to have someone sending out EMP's. Might be good to have a shooter there - I could see team Widmore sending someone to clear the square. However, I suspect that the MiB won't gas there for a few turns - as long as he doesn't see us coming, he'd probably prefer we clear the island of barriers. If someone is blasting tonight it would be useful for them to hit Hex 13 so Unagi & I can grab C4. Assuming Unagi likes this idea.

5. I think we'd be wise to keep someone in the broadcast station sending out updated lists, discussing plans - even if we reject them it gives us all a common starting point. I'm hoping that team Widmore didn't close off the station in the present (it's what I would have done if I were them). I think you've heard enough from me - Stessier, would you like to loop back here for the next couple of turns? 1. To try to create some common ground, 2. to prevent anyone from broadcasting to team MiB. 3. To figure out better coordination codes (good luck!).

6. At this point, I don't see a need to protect Jacob. I think we're better to focus on setting up our win conditions then worrying about blocking other folks win conditions - with the exception that we're all better to stay alive if possible! :)

7. If anyone is in range of Hex 16 in the past this turn, you might want to move in and gain 'raise dead'. Next turn I think that either Unagi/myself will double back, or we'll be going for end game moves.

My current plans for next turn:
Past: move from 16 to 18 with Unagi. Pick up some C4.
Present: Move from 18 to 19 if 19 is still unexplored & Stessier is staying to broadcast.

My sorta plans after that:
Past: If we've found the heart, I'm likely to move towards the runway with the C4. If no heart, or a couple of turns while things get setup, I'm likely to move back to Hex 16 to gain the ability to raise the dead.
Present: Explore? Move to 16 so I can pass the C4 to my present self? Dunno.

Stessier: Who stays in broadcast station? I'll watch your postings for "seems OK" and redrun together (threat list, etc.). If I see this, I'll know you plan on looping back.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

NIght 2 from stessier
Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:I'd like to waste a few of my precious 20,000 characters to thanks redrun for his Day 1 codes. When I got that message, I was in awe of how well thought out everything was. Really great job, redrun! Kudos!!

Sorry in advanced that this isn't very well organized - just my thoughts as they come to me.

*****Current Knowledge*****

These are the locations I had from yesterday's codes updated with redrun's and my moves today. I believe they match what redrun sent, which is comforting:

Hex 1- Orchid
Hex 2 -
Hex 3 - Tempest
Hex 4 -
Hex 5 - Lighthouse
Hex 6 -
Hex 7 -
Hex 8 -
Hex 9 - Pearl
Hex 10 - Swan
Hex 11 - Black Rock
Hex 12 - Jacob's Cave
Hex 13 - Arrow
Hex 14 - Statue
Hex 15 - Temple
Hex 16 - Staff
Hex 17 - Runway
Hex 18 - Flame
Hex 19 -

Also, stating the obvious:

Team Lostie: Newcastle, theohall, Brendan, stessier, redrun, Unagi

I'm in the Flame <Hex 18> with redrun in the Present and Jacob's Cave <Hex 12> alone in the Past.

******Movement Codes*******
Movement Codes

-- These need to be expanded, and not so obvious. Otherwise team Widmore will just put barriers to block moves they don't like. So here is my suggestion: At the start of each new 'day' Grund posts an 'it is morning' post and changes the title of the posting. We'll use the minutes from the timestamp from that post to get our seed numbers:

So, for Day 2: Tuesday, it was: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42pm.

So, our numbers would be 4 & 2 - first one for past, second for present. If any number is a zero or an eight replace it with the day the game is in (day 3 is about to start).

Order is: North, Northwest, West, Southwest, South, Southeast, East, Northeast, and around back to North.

Add the seed number to your direction, count that many forward, post the 'adjusted' direction.

If I want to go South both days:

South+4=North (seed 4 for past) Declare North for past
South+2=East (seed 2 for present) Declare East for present

Ajust all movements (second movements also). It's a pain, but it will keep them guessing.

With both Stessier and I sending out messages this turn, he might pass on a different movement code. So, I suggest:
Movement <blah blah> The above code is used.
For movement: The 180 code
From here: Stessiers code (unless he already has a key word)
This is great! I don't think we need anything further as I don't think anybody is going to get enough info to be able to break it. But in the spirit of messing with them even more, if you use "From here", use the day part of the date you are posting as the random seed. So if you post your intended movement on 8/06, the 0 and 6 are your seed numbers for Past and Present respectively. Then follow the rules laid out by redrun.

****Place Codes******
and the original place codes are not going to stand up to repeated usage
I strongly disagree with this. I knew what to look for and I still had trouble finding them in everyone's posts. I say stick with the current place codes. If it is a site already identified, we won't be counting to determine the Hex, so just use the first part of the phrase to let us know where you are at. (NOTE: The carnival ride we just went on shuffled our location, but did not mess with the island. So all the locations we know are still good. I think we all knew this, but just to be on the safe side.)

So if you are in

the Swan, use "I like this idea"
the Tempest, use "I've noticed that"

You don't have to use the second part of the code as we know where it is.

If at any point we get one of these Flame or Tube messages and a site is identified incorrectly, use the phrase "really because" in your coded sentence.

To tell where people are Past/Present do this:

If you post the code on an Even Day, then Past code come first, then the Present.
If you post the code on an Odd Day, the Present code comes first, then Past.

So on Aug 2, I would post Past code, then Present.
On Aug 3, I would post Present code, then Past.

****THREATS*****
  • redrun said that since he and I can send messages, that we are converted. This is false. If either of us is converted, we still have our Lostie citizenship papers/privileges and would be able to send the message. Just something to remember (and now that I type this, I seem to remember Grund giving info about this so maybe I'm wrong - worth double checking though).
  • That said, I don't think a convert in our midst is worth worry about at the moment. We won't be able to figure out the person by power usage, only when the knife is sticking out of our backs. So I plan to be wary, but basically trust everyone.
  • Looking at the voting yesterday, Lassr and LM joined us. A few things:
    • LM was named Team MiB by Remus. I don't see any reason for this to be a lie. Too early in the game for Team MiB to point that finger, and it wasn't pointed at one of us. Plus he was on the vote that hung on N-1 for hours with 2 people who could have come in and ended it at any time. Thus, I think Team MiB.
    • Lassr was on the vote. I don't think the Widdies would want to go one player down to give Lassr some street cred even though the Temple is right next to the Flame (where Lagom was). Thus, I see Lassr as Team MiB.
    • That means everyone else is a Widdy.
  • Obviously Mr MiB tried to get one convert from each team. I'm going to operate under this assumption for the time being as the worst case scenario (both from the Losties) just doesn't make much difference in my world view.
Wells - If you are stuck in a Well, I would suggest you not give a general broadcast for help. Just give us the code phrase and we'll come rescue you. That way, the other teams might be delayed a bit by the same hazard.

Big Note: I wasn't kidding about Lagom being alone in the Flame in the Past. I haven't checked with Grund (and I suggest you all do), but I think he had the opportunity to booby trap the site before he dropped from the game. That would suggest no one should enter the Flame alone unless it is confirmed that he did not have the opportunity.

****Plans****
  • I see the Widdies as our biggest threat. Assuming 1 convert from them, I think we can get one of them lynched today. I think this should be our goal for today.
  • I don't think Team MiB has anyway of knowing what we know at this point (as a group - individual members yes, but not the whole Team). Our usage of Flame 2 nights running means no global broadcast. So if we get stabbed in the back now, it's going to have to be out in the open in game. This means we should be able to get their help again in taking out a Widdy.
For me tonight
  • In the Present - if I find out it is safe to return to the Flame alone, I'll come back to broadcast (worst case, this prevents anyone else from using it if they aren't on our team (a MiB convert, for instance). Otherwise, I'll head up to the Lighthouse so I can be near the unknown hexes on the chance I am a Candidate and someone gets stuck in a well.
  • In the Past, I'll start making my way toward the Lighthouse to see if I am a Candidate.
Also, I'm Miles. I say this only so that you can judge whether or not it is worth the risk to rez me if you have the chance. With what we know about everyone, I think I am fairly expendable if I'm not a Candidate.

I think that's it. I feel so inadequate after all that redrun has pulled together.

Good Luck everyone and Go TEAM LOSTIE!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

If you will look at day 2 early communication between the lost players, you can spot it. I was surprised that the Widmore folks didn't mention it in thei rforums. I was even more surprised that none of you picked up theohall trying to roleplay...no offense theo...

I was so paranoid when i dropped my codes down, and then i saw unagi copy mine. I for sure thought our cover was going to be blown of some sort.

Seriously Redrun, great code, and was the best thing to happen to a lostie on night 1.

Also for the record, when i was converted, I was not too pleased about it, and grumbled to Grund about it. But I went with teh flow.

I did think team lsot had a good chance at winning. The key first step was to whittle team widmore down to about 2 players or less. We knew who team evil was....lassr naming scoop & remus naming LM. We also knew each other as well. I realized it was going to take some leg work, but I also had started planning out methods of trying to rez people. one of them was using the orchid to port there.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
You are right.

That is not at all what I was meaning. It seemed to me that you guys merely argued between Scoop and Chaosraven rather than trying out different targets. If you already "knew" your own Team and deduced Team Evil then why not spend time bouncing votes around to see who gets the most "protection" and take them out. Just seemed like you all were locked in on those two. If you had switched off Chaosraven to target me for pulling Bubbles out or maybe gone after Bubbles for getting pulled out (on the thought that he had to be important for me to risk pulling free) I'd understand but it just seemed like those two were central targets and not much else went into choosing which one of us to off.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus, i think part of it, at least my thinking, was that we wanted to keep the "cover" of being in contact with each other. I thought that was a major advantage on our part. IF we had truly started bouncing votes off your guys in a serious way, teh gig would be up. At least that was part of my thinking then. Also I didn't really consider changing the voting around. Converting Ben to team lost was never really a massive part of my strategy. My main goal was to whittle team widmore down while preserving team lost as much as possible. We were able to do that for the first few turns.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun had me nailed as Ben but for the wrong reason. I didn't scan Scoop looking for the MIB, I scanned him because he was acting very much like a Widmore. When I confirmed him as Widmore I then did my morning scan to see if he was Charles. He was not so I pushed him for lynching. I was trying to find Charles and if I did then I had an option if I felt the evil team was losing.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I think another aspect of Lostie hesitation had to do with the fact that a couple of people used phrases that happened to correspond to the Lostie code, which confused a couple of Losties about who their teammates were.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wow. Guess I can throw away these fifteen pages of notes. Hahaha, all that work and every Lostie already KNEW I couldn't be Desmond. I had a code worked out in the event I got converted and a chance to send a communicate code to team evil. It had a codeword assigned to each player to use once to identify themselves as Team, then location codes and direction codes, as two letter combos. I would absolutely play this again.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Whomever activated the Orchid in the Past causing the random re-assignment in the Present...

I curse you and hope you die many ignominious deaths in future WW games. Without that, Remus West, whom I told you we should lynch with reason early, would not have had the opportunity to shoot me. So, thanks! ;)

IMO, Remus, you gave yourself away way too early insisting on only wanting to "find/lynch" Team Evil. The victory conditions clearly indicated the Losties had to deal with Team Widmore also and Team Widmore was a greater threat prior to conversions. You, essentially ignoring this, immediately identified you as Team Widmore to me - and this was before the coded PM when we Losties learned our teammates identities.

I am just surprised the Losties did not see how blatantly you were playing as a Widmore and refused to act upon it. Of course, part of that is me being loud about folks in the past and being wrong. Just this time, I was right.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:i am sure one of us can put it up here.. it was very, very clever. Hats off to redrun he really made a mvoe that let everyone on team lost communicate.
++
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:IMO, Remus, you gave yourself away way too early insisting on only wanting to "find/lynch" Team Evil. The victory conditions clearly indicated the Losties had to deal with Team Widmore also and Team Widmore was a greater threat prior to conversions.
I could not disagree more with this. Losties needed to kill the MiB and the plane. That was it. Focusing on killing Widmores meant you were not focusing on those two things. Granted you guys never found the Heart but with the ability you had to communicate you could have sent several folks to it to open it with others to bring them back to the Temple and get Res'd. As noted, Widmore did not have enough barriers to block both the Swan and the Runway so you could open the runway to attack the plane whenever you wanted. You could also carry C-4 though the orchid directly to the plane. As it was I'm not sure Losties should have killed a single player other than LM since they had identified him as the MiB. Killing others just reduced your margin for error with regard to Team Evil. Since both other sides needed to kill you and yet wanted to pretend to BE you with no hope of pulling that off........
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:Whomever activated the Orchid in the Past causing the random re-assignment in the Present...

I curse you and hope you die many ignominious deaths in future WW games. Without that, Remus West, whom I told you we should lynch with reason early, would not have had the opportunity to shoot me. So, thanks!
Also, I shot you in the Past which was not impacted by the Orchid so you were meat anyway. :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:Remus, i think part of it, at least my thinking, was that we wanted to keep the "cover" of being in contact with each other. I thought that was a major advantage on our part. IF we had truly started bouncing votes off your guys in a serious way, teh gig would be up. At least that was part of my thinking then. Also I didn't really consider changing the voting around. Converting Ben to team lost was never really a massive part of my strategy. My main goal was to whittle team widmore down while preserving team lost as much as possible. We were able to do that for the first few turns.
+1
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wait, this is over? I haven't read in like a week!

reading...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:

Jack            Newcastle
Desmond         Brendan
Hurley          Unagi
Kate            redrun
Miles           purge/stessier
Sawyer          J.D.
Sayid           theohall

Man in Black    LordMortis
Ben             Lassr
Claire          Kenetickid

Charles Widmore Mr Bubbles
Martin Keamy    Scoop20906
Daniel          Chaosraven
Charlotte       tru1cy/Semaj
Naomi           Arcanis/Lagom Lite
Zoe             Remus West

Who were the candidates?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:

01 ORCHID
02 ***Heart of the Island
03 TEMPEST
04    Wreckage
05    Lighthouse
06    Barracks
07    Well
08    Well
09 PEARL
10 SWAN
11    Black Rock
12    Jacob's Cave
13 ARROW
14    Colossal Statue
15    Temple
16 STAFF
17 ***Hidden Runway
18 FLAME
19 Pneumatic Tubes
Theo, did I misinterpret your code (well, clearly I must have) on the day you, Remus, and Bubbles ended up in a trapped hex? Because I had it at 19, not 8. Because of that, I thought the traps were 7, 8, and 19. I was transported by 7 in the past and 8 in the present, so with 3 people finding 19 in the present, I thought 7 was the heart. Of course, this also messed up my notes for where bubbles, remus, and theo were. :doh:

I thought Brendan was the convert. I was following him on my run to the orchid on my last day of life (ie, I hit the well to transport right after him and used the orchid right after him). I had forgotten the gas could be set to kill. Oh well, dems the breaks.

Where did you go from the Orchid Brendan?

Which Losties got confused with the codes on day 1? I thought they were all pretty clear (albeit hard to find sometimes - Search is your friend!). That really was a fantastic job redrun.

As for them breaking the code - there was just no way. To break a code, you first have to posit that it exists. I haven't read their forum yet, but the Widmores start by thinking they are the only ones who can talk. Getting past that point to conceive someone else might be talking too takes a certain mental leap. If they made it that far, they would then have to think what codes might be used. Redrun made up one that no one here has ever used before and that fit perfectly into conversations. Some of the speech might have seemed stilted, but this is a text game - people type fast, make errors - it happens. That makes the code even safer. The best they could have done was figure out a few of us were talking - they never would have figured out the content of our messages.

That was my favorite part of the game - knowing when others didn't think we knew. I'm not sure how much fun it would have been without that. Which is not to say I wouldn't play again! :)
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well, I wasn't very involved but as a Widmore I found it very difficult to know how I was supposed to lie. :P It was a lot to penetrate, as a board game it seems like a very nice ruleset but add WW on top of that and it's... vexing.

But like I said, I didn't really give it a chance. I'd play again.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:
This probably would have been good I think once the game hit a rhythm, but since it had so many potholes and speed bumps, never could feel its way. Though I also didn't like the running out the clock bit, though I probably am biased. I think if anything make folks vote for skip, or whomever, and the highest one wins.

And I still think the funnest part of the game for me was the codes that redrun implemented and then figuring out what everyone was saying. Just was the bee's knees.

I think UNagi's statement is that maybe this game is being hampered by the WW genetics might be something worth exploring...somehow pulling this board game out of under the WW influence. Not sure how it would work, but it would be an interesting idea to ruminate over.

As a losties I felt we had a chance at winning, it was going to be long, and most likely would require a resurection or two, but I think we had a chance.

I am not sure what to think about the barriers, some elements I dont agree with, almost like they are overpowered. Since they could in effect lock down a hex (i know am sure that's the point). It would almost seem as if they could lock down something and prevent other teams from having a shot at winning or coming back...ie locking down the temple to prevent resurections.

Maybe the victory conditions were a bit too harsh? I know my strategy as a lostie was get control of the population, then work toward the victory conditions, since I knew that the second we pulled the heart out, we would lose 1-2 people. So, we had to build an advantage early in order to account for that in the future.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

also an fyi grund, I have about 8 pages worth of notes here on my desk for this game. That is the first time I have ever had that massive amount of data for a game. If anything it's usually a scribble here and there over who i think, and that's rarer than a blue moon. So this game had me collecting data and making sure i remembered everything.
Bayraktar!!!!

redrun

Post by redrun »

Grundbegriff wrote:I think another aspect of Lostie hesitation had to do with the fact that a couple of people used phrases that happened to correspond to the Lostie code, which confused a couple of Losties about who their teammates were.
-- This really surprises me. I was worried about this exact problem, but didn't see it at all. Once the first six checked in (within 24 hours) it felt to me like there were a whole bunch of losties watching each player check in, looking eagerly for the seventh lostie... who never showed up.
redrun

Post by redrun »

theohall wrote:Whomever activated the Orchid in the Past causing the random re-assignment in the Present...

I curse you and hope you die many ignominious deaths in future WW games. Without that, Remus West, whom I told you we should lynch with reason early, would not have had the opportunity to shoot me. So, thanks! ;)

I am just surprised the Losties did not see how blatantly you were playing as a Widmore and refused to act upon it. Of course, part of that is me being loud about folks in the past and being wrong. Just this time, I was right.
+1 on the Orchid. I just didn't understand that move. We were talking, we were mapping - sure, it messed up the bad folks, but it also produced a good chance of killing us and slowed our mapping.

As for Remus - shortly after he fingered Lord Mortis, I agree with Theo - he came off as Widmore to me. Very quickly it became clear he was Widmore, but he wasn't the first Widmore I wanted to see die. Had I lived one more turn I would have pushed hard for his death, in that I was sure he was turned and was afriad of team MiB getting too powerful.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

redrun wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I think another aspect of Lostie hesitation had to do with the fact that a couple of people used phrases that happened to correspond to the Lostie code, which confused a couple of Losties about who their teammates were.
-- This really surprises me. I was worried about this exact problem, but didn't see it at all. Once the first six checked in (within 24 hours) it felt to me like there were a whole bunch of losties watching each player check in, looking eagerly for the seventh lostie... who never showed up.
fully agree. It took me a few readings to get the whole list. I was looking for the quote box reply to signal the beginning of a message, once I identified someone not using it i then looked for others and they literally jumped out at me. Despite that hiccup, once I saw that theo, brendan and unagi had not used the quote process, they were easy to spot. Pretty much that morning I had identified them, so I dont think there was any flailing around. The big concern was who that 7th person was. When truicy checked in, i kind of thought it might be one of the 3 not playing. I think truicy was the last person to check in that morning. I dont think anyone mis-interpreted.

Though I will say it was a bit challenging to use some of the codes...actually let me show you one, which had me thoroghouly vexed...it was to announce the orchid...give me a sec and will show you the difficulty....
Bayraktar!!!!

redrun

Post by redrun »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Remus, i think part of it, at least my thinking, was that we wanted to keep the "cover" of being in contact with each other. I thought that was a major advantage on our part. IF we had truly started bouncing votes off your guys in a serious way, teh gig would be up. At least that was part of my thinking then. Also I didn't really consider changing the voting around. Converting Ben to team lost was never really a massive part of my strategy. My main goal was to whittle team widmore down while preserving team lost as much as possible. We were able to do that for the first few turns.
+1
+1 on why we didn't shop around in Team Widmore. We did shop around to figure out who was Widmore and who was MiB - that worked well. But, from my perspective, team Widmore wasn't voting - not even to skip. It felt like they were sitting there, hoping for losties to vote for one-another so they could jump on the vote. I don't see how we would have learned much by going after difference Widmores.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

redrun wrote:

+1 on the Orchid. I just didn't understand that move. We were talking, we were mapping - sure, it messed up the bad folks, but it also produced a good chance of killing us and slowed our mapping.

As for Remus - shortly after he fingered Lord Mortis, I agree with Theo - he came off as Widmore to me. Very quickly it became clear he was Widmore, but he wasn't the first Widmore I wanted to see die. Had I lived one more turn I would have pushed hard for his death, in that I was sure he was turned and was afriad of team MiB getting too powerful.
Which is why I was confused as to the constant push for Widmore to be eliminated. It allowed MiB to work his magic. If I played again and I wasn't on team evil I'd push a lot sooner for their deaths. They snuck up and with conversions you can never underestimate that group. You never truly know their numbers especially with conversion.

But yeah the Orchid move I think changed the whole game. Traps would have been set up, different people who have died, but that move just killed me.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

In order to do this:
3 The Orchid: "The next time that" ||| then

I had to signifiy that the orchid was in hex 1, so....basically i had to type "the next time that then" because our code was based on how many words to the next key word is the place.

This was a pain in the ass to figure out, I had type so many versions to try to get it to sound casual, finally i had to do this....key part here is the roleplay bit, and when i toss the singing of the songs in...only way i figure out how to get around it.

I also had to make sure there were plenty of quotes, so my team would know what the hell to look for.

The bolded areas are clues i dropped. the first one i messed up, so i tried to show it was a mistake, which i think all of team lost caught.

But damn that hex 1 code was bitch to figure out. I couldnt for the life of me figure out a way to get it to flow naturally, no matter how i tried. But it was fun to try to figure out how to say it.

Newcastle wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Remus West wrote:If we discover a scanner site is there any point in not sharing the results of our scan? I think not. Therefore I will tell you that I know LordMortis is of Team Evil. Since I have not been giving clues as to where I am I do not think it hurts us for folks to know I got a scan last night.

I think we should lynch LordMortis today. If he survives we know exactly who he is and therefore what we need to do.

Also, why would Scoop feel people already know he found things? How would they know?
geez sir remus....i mean....dontcha think of other things or for that matter....
/hiccups
...i mean...
/drinks a bit more beer....
I mean....another thing to think about …there were no deaths… now is that something we should talk about before we get all to the nasty business of lynching…I’d say so…I mean just because you, lassr and I spooned last night, don’t mean imma gonna follow ya blindly...and that grabbing was uncalled for whoever that was....
And yet another thing to think ….or tickle the brain…is we’re still stuck on this island with nothing to get us off…...but the good news is…. I got beer baby! Beer…baby…beer!
/pours another drink
finds his head phones, pops in some tunes and starts to groove to them.
/starts singing at the top of his lungs

The next time that…then who made who, who made you if they made you…….i think we’re alone …now you’ve lost that loving feeling…..one more in the name of love….that girl is….do wah diddy dah do doom dadu doom…born in the USA…..but every rose has it's thorn
/hic

yeah thatszzszzz the ticket

/falls over, drunk, beer in hand
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

oh moving the island...was me...couple of reasons, and really none too logical.

1. I was frustrated at the whole "skip" mentality, when no one would belly up to the bar. I dont mind skip, i mind hiding behind the intention. That just felt lame to me.

2. It was there, why not? I mean come on, it was there man. Seriously I moved an island..I...could....not....resist...

It was really due to frustration to be honest. I felt that folks were abusing the whole running out the clock bit, and i thought that was lame. So I kind of thought why not, maybe just maybe, someone would land on somewhere and get their ass killed.

You see team lost knew who was who. I was also Jack, so I knew I would pick up that person's dead body ASAP, then find the temple. Since I had the power to rez, I didn't think that would hurt team lost too much. I figured, any person on team lost who died, I'd resurect them.

I figured the one team who couldn't ressurect was Widmore, and if it was going to hurt someone, it had more of a likelihood of hurting them.
Bayraktar!!!!