WW- James Bond style - signs ups closed

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

WW- James Bond style - signs ups closed

Post by Newcastle »

general notes, will update in a scrolling method

If you intend on signing up, please do so before Sunday 9 AM pacific. I am going to send out roles and start the ball rolling on Sunday.

- i am leaning to starting during the day, any major objections to that?

- am aiming for a weekend launch i guess, maybe sooner, we are 10 currently, figure a few more will straggle in. Also, bear with me first time and all that.

As an aside ignore all the image building stuff, tinkering so i can get this in the right feel..thank ya. Just tinkering with stuff, so i get it right.

Game will be in another thread, so i can get the background and intro just right. This page will give me a good text to fiddle with, and test stuff.

I am aiming for somewhere around 13 players or so....if we hit a buttload of players then might change thing around a bit...not sure what to add...but

BASIC INTRO

Theme - James Bond

Good
Q- Seer - can scan 1 alive person per evening to find their true identity.
James Bond - has 1 shot that may be used during the day at his discretion, prior to lynch
M- Can scan the dead agents to discover their true identity

SPECTRE
Elliot Carver - Can scan 1 dead player to find true role
Jaws - Upon being lynched, may take one player out with him
Zao - no powers as of yet

Thoughts? Ideas?

Rules will be same as always, I just want to get my feet wet in doing this and contributing back to what you guys do.

Order of operation
Scans submitted (M, Q, Elliot)
Spectre kill order submitted
Scans returned if people are alive

Basic Rules:
-No edits as usual
-Alignment learned at death
-Spectre do not discover role upon night kill
- Bond can take shot anytime during day time prior to a majority lynch achieved, his role will be revealed.
-Once lynch threshold achieved, results locked in
- No Pm's
-Spectre can chat in the secret forums at will

Concepts-

The game will be divided up two segments: Chapter & Interlude. Chapter is the “day cycle” where players will vote to have one of them die. The interlude is the “night” cycle, where the scanners can act and Spectre can choose a night kill.

Concept: I am using “marked for death” to take place of the lynch. In essence it serves as the same function, that person will die in the wrap up that will close each chapter and their alignment will be revealed. It is just flavoring really, since "lynch" will not flow well with what i am trying to do.

All members will receive a secret agent #, even Spectre agents. These mean absolutely nothing, but are to supply flavor.

Participants
1. Isgrimnur
2. theohall
3. stessier
4. Chaosraven
5. Mr Bubbles
6 Lassr
7. Remus West
8. Lagom Lite
9. Unagi
10. Semaj
11. msteelers
12. Qantaga
13. Grundbegriff

BOILERPLATE
Q- Who’s signature intrigues you?
M – Who’s DNA will you verify?
Elliot – What person’s background will you investigate?
Spectre – Who shall not live another day?

HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE

James Bond - O07 - Hunter

James Bond 007 – Bond, James Bond. The intrepid spy you serve her Majesty’s service with flair and dignity, always there to save the day. With your trusty Walther PPK, you are thrust along this mission. However, you only have one shot and one shot only. The good news is you can shoot to kill, the bad news is you don’t know who’s friend or foe. Be careful James.
- You have one shot. You may shoot a player any time during the day cycle. The shot must be PM’d to me before a majority is reached on a vote.

Q - Seer

Q – You are Q. Master of inventions and a wizard at new technologies. Even though you are undercover on this mission you have brought along many useful gadgets along. However, you feel none will be play a critical role as your newly developed biometric scanner. Hot off the development process it’s primary function: revealing a person’s true identity. All you have to do is point it at someone when they are not watching, and you will know who they really are. Spectre be warned, Q is on the prowl.

- You can scan 1 alive player to find out their true identity. Choice must be PM’d to me during the interlude cycle

M - Scan the dead

M- With a stern hand you direct MI6. You know the people that you sent on this mission, but they each are undercover. The other thing that bothers you is there are three more than there should be. The mission is compromised. The good news is you have a direct link to headquarters and can verify their indentities with a DNA sample. The bad news is that with the tools at your disposal you can only verify an agents true identity once they are dead. Anything helps though, at least you will know what side that agent was fighting for, and that could save lives.

- You may scan 1 dead player and learn their true identity. The choice must be PM’d to me during the interlude cycle.

- Agents (ie villagers)

Your role is one and one only, see to it that the mission is accomplished at all costs. Even if you must risk your life and limb, you must not let Spectre succeed. Use anything at your disposal, your wits, guns, and brawn. The world is depending on you.

SPECTRE

Elliot Carver (scanner)

Elliot Carver – Master of the media is your game and you will stop at nothing to have primacy over the airwaves. You have managed to infiltrate this MI6 mission to insure that it fails. You can not have it succeed at all costs. Through your impressive networks of information you are able to discover the true identity of any dead agent. Such is the power of the Elliot Carver.

- Once during the interlude you may submit a dead players name to scan to find out their true identity. You will receive the response prior to the dawning of a new chapter.

Jaws - (berserker)

Jaws – Teeth of metal, you cut a fearsome figure. A loyal servant of SPECTRE, you will do what is needed to complete the job. You’ve been used as a powerful figure before, that role fits your perfectly. Such is your dedication to the job that you will never be denied a kill. If you are called out and forced to put your life on the line. You’ll make sure a price is paid and will take one with you.

- Should you receive the highest votes, and be slated for death, you can choose 1 person whom you will take with you. Choose wisely and send me a PM with that pick.

Zao - (no powers)

Zao – A deadly North Korean operative, you have come to aid Elliot Carver’s mission with all your talents at his disposal. You want to see the MI6 operation go down in flames. It would only be due dillligence after what Bond did to you. Anything that needs to be done tailing, assassination, or even reconnaissance you will do.
Last edited by Newcastle on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Isgrimnur

Re: Newcastle's Inaugurary WW simulation

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm in.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

IN for simple as well. I am still confused after the last one.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm in.
theohall wrote:IN for simple as well. I am still confused after the last one.
But still as cranky? ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Re: Newcastle's Inaugurary WW simulation (get your sign ups)

Post by Chaosraven »

Can I be a wolf? IN
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

In for this one. Will probably be my last for quite a while, so just wanted one last run at a simple game.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:Can I be a wolf? IN

sure

gopher wolf you are....psst

i like my coffee dark and bitter
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:I'm in.
theohall wrote:IN for simple as well. I am still confused after the last one.
But still as cranky? ;)
Image???

:)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

in
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

Re: Newcastle'sWW (get your sign ups) -James Bond Theme

Post by Lagom Lite »

Sure, I'll play.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Not funny... Don't you know he's color blind?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:in
 Remus West 

:evil:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Not funny... Don't you know he's color blind?
o.O

Fancy yourself a comedienne eh?
Bayraktar!!!!

Semaj

Re: James Bond Theme - WW (4 more needed just about) -

Post by Semaj »

blah blah blah, yackity Shackity.... Hrm I see no IN there... crap.. I need a word with IN IN it... so annoyINg, I mean it's only a wIN if you fINd words contaIN IN IN them.

heh
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Semaj wrote:blah blah blah, yackity Shackity.... Hrm I see no IN there... crap.. I need a word with IN IN it... so annoyINg, I mean it's only a wIN if you fINd words contaIN IN IN them.

heh
This does not mean you get 8 roles.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:
Semaj wrote:blah blah blah, yackity Shackity.... Hrm I see no IN there... crap.. I need a word with IN IN it... so annoyINg, I mean it's only a wIN if you fINd words contaIN IN IN them.

heh
you missed 2
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:- wolves only know alignment upon night kills
super clever of them.
Newcastle wrote:- Hunter can take shot anytime during day time prior to a majority lynch achieved, his role will be revealed.
I assume the shot does not replace the lynch and that the voting continues after the shooting victim is taken away (with perhaps a majority change).

Are we starting at Night or Day?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:in
 Remus West 

:evil:
Hey, without a conversion in there I was being as helpful as possible. Even with the conversion I was working towards the Widmore goal of killing all the Candidates and fueling the plane. I was simply looking at a different passenger manifesto than you. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:- wolves only know alignment upon night kills
super clever of them.
Newcastle wrote:- Hunter can take shot anytime during day time prior to a majority lynch achieved, his role will be revealed.
I assume the shot does not replace the lynch and that the voting continues after the shooting victim is taken away (with perhaps a majority change).

Are we starting at Night or Day?

shot takes place, then lynch happens. Shot does not replace lynch

Not sure yet if we are starting night or day, depends on turnout right now and if its even or odd numbers. Am kind of tempted to start it at day time though.

I am taking a slightly different approach to lynches, which you will find out upon the games start...the fundamental role wont change...ie use it to lynch people...just the way its going to happen is going to be different.
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:
theohall wrote:

heh
you missed 2
Doing my Scoop imitation. :P
Newcastle

Re: James Bond Theme - WW (3 more needed just about) -

Post by Newcastle »

Fyi, i am pretty excited about doing this. I am really looking forward to hosting it. I've got a few ideas that I want to implement (nothing game changing or dramatic). I am going to try a story based WW. Basically am going to send the team on a mission. I've actually given this a good chunk of thought in the last day or so, and have been preparing for it, so I am really curious how it turns out. Just need to continue the prep work. Since we are still at 10 I am going to keep waiting till we get to about 13. Hopefully a few folks will drop in and sign up. I am not in a rush, but hopefully can get this rolling at some point during the weekend.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote:Fyi, i am pretty excited about doing this. I am really looking forward to hosting it. I've got a few ideas that I want to implement (nothing game changing or dramatic). I am going to try a story based WW. Basically am going to send the team on a mission. I've actually given this a good chunk of thought in the last day or so, and have been preparing for it, so I am really curious how it turns out. Just need to continue the prep work. Since we are still at 10 I am going to keep waiting till we get to about 13. Hopefully a few folks will drop in and sign up. I am not in a rush, but hopefully can get this rolling at some point during the weekend.
Awesome! WW is great vehicle for storytelling. I'm really looking forward to this.

Just don't forget to provide us with a secret base full of laser sharks and ninja chicks.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Fyi, i am pretty excited about doing this. I am really looking forward to hosting it. I've got a few ideas that I want to implement (nothing game changing or dramatic). I am going to try a story based WW. Basically am going to send the team on a mission. I've actually given this a good chunk of thought in the last day or so, and have been preparing for it, so I am really curious how it turns out. Just need to continue the prep work. Since we are still at 10 I am going to keep waiting till we get to about 13. Hopefully a few folks will drop in and sign up. I am not in a rush, but hopefully can get this rolling at some point during the weekend.
Awesome! WW is great vehicle for storytelling. I'm really looking forward to this.

Just don't forget to provide us with a secret base full of laser sharks and ninja chicks.
And one Meeellion dollars!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle, when sending out unpowered agent roles, DON'T send out a unique number (011 - 022) to each agent. This can be abused by the good guys (and I'd like to have a shot at winning this time, thank you very much! ;) ). Make sure all unpowered agents get the exact same PM.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:Newcastle, when sending out unpowered agent roles, DON'T send out a unique number (011 - 022) to each agent. This can be abused by the good guys (and I'd like to have a shot at winning this time, thank you very much! ;) ). Make sure all unpowered agents get the exact same PM.
You mean a finite number between 11-22....what if it was 11-110

so someone could be agent # 44, or 56, or 28

see what i mean?

or is there something else I am missing....in case a massive reveal comes out, bad dudes can say, well i am agent...83
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

its not a big deal, i can do secret agent, since 007 is really the key secret agent.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Newcastle, when sending out unpowered agent roles, DON'T send out a unique number (011 - 022) to each agent. This can be abused by the good guys (and I'd like to have a shot at winning this time, thank you very much! ;) ). Make sure all unpowered agents get the exact same PM.

see what i mean?

or is there something else I am missing....in case a massive reveal comes out, bad dudes can say, well i am agent...83
That would be better, but I'd still avoid assigning numbers.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

see what i mean?

duly noted and will heed the advice.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:

see what i mean?

In theory, it no one knew what numbers you actually assigned, it could work. Any agent could claim any number. If you told us what numbers you assigned, however, conniving agents could reveal their numbers to track each other. They would each be Seer like.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

see what i mean?

duly noted and will heed the advice.
Just make everyone else "00#"
Chaosraven

Re: WW- James Bond style (need 3 more) -

Post by Chaosraven »

Two options: standard message 'you are...' also posted in thread to avoid use by villagers, *or* give assigned numbers with list
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I think i will go with secret agent, i want to prevent the gaming of it. The other way around it, is give everyone a secret agent #, even team spectre as part of their cover...hmm i think i might do that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

and only one person is gettin a number between 001-009...since they have a liscence to kill, and no one else does.
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, from the films it's the '00' part that's the license designation. If you aren't a double-O, you don't have the requisite clearance.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

or you can make quoting your pm's a no-no
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Semaj wrote:or you can make quoting your pm's a no-no
that should be a given
Bayraktar!!!!

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

IN if you are still looking for players.
Newcastle

Re: WW- James Bond style (need 2 more) -

Post by Newcastle »

Gotcah MSSteelers, thanks for coming on board.

- quick question, i am thinking about starting during the day, any objections to that? Or what are teh ramifications. I realize the "night" turns will be pushed back 1 time. I just think it would be more interesting with what i am trying to do. Honestly can go either way. What are your guys thoughts?

And the game will definitely be in another thread, am using this one as a scratch really.

Also if we get more than 14, I think I am going to add a pair of roles...

1. For Team Specter Zao will the EMP power- basically a 1 night explosion that nullifies everyones powers, except for the night kill. No seer scans, no dead player scans., etc.

2. On team good - a protector type role, basically is able to give protection to targets at night. Can not protect 2 nights consecutively. (am debating wether if he protects evil he dies. )

I think this is only if we get more than 14 though. Considering signups have slowed down, I will be happy to roll with 13.

Again i think we are looking for a late weekend startup. That will give me plenty of time to set up all the flavor texts, randomize, get the images, etc...and will give plenty of time for folks to sign up for those who are interested.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Re: WW- James Bond style (need 2 more) -

Post by Unagi »

The key with numbers is that if it's an even number during the day - the majority is a 'major majority'... If it's an odd number of players during the day - the majority is a 'simple majority'... (technically, a 'simple majority' helps the wolves make the villagers miss).

Since you have a shooter - the shooter's shot will change the even/odd nature of the day count - as soon as/if he takes his shot...

So, it all probably boils down to - 'meh , whatever you'd like to start with.

I think Day Starts sometimes are nice, since everyone starts fighting for their life...
I think Night Starts sometimes are nice, since the game starts with a few players already knowing a little bit of something...