WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 4 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Lassr wrote:I was leaning Lagom & Isgrimnur but I think you may be right. Lagon listed Chaos & Isgrimnur, not sure he would throw his partner under the bus so quick since he said he was leaning Isgrimnur first.
I would totally do that though. ;)
:twisted:

I know, I was ready to throw that first vote on Chaos if I felt the winds blow that way. Never got above a breeze luckily.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Re: WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote:Seriously great game, even if we did lose. Lagom may have a bit of ways to go to clear his skunk scent. And I told you I was innocent!

to be fair you didn't help much isgrinmur..or should i say sir surly :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: And I told you I was innocent!
or should i say sir surly :D

At one point, I was wondering if you (Isgrimnur) were going to change your name to Laseen*. :)

*A reference to a character in Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon. The joke kinda falls flat if you haven't read it. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Was a fun game overall, but it's interesting. If some of Unagi's suspicions had been taking more serious this game could have easily been an easy match for the good guys, but good game Lassr and Chaos. Enjoy this game, because you two will be scrutinized to the nth degree for quite a while.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
I've still got a lot to learn, but this was a great experience for me. Thanks to all for letting me tag along. I'm looking forward to many more games in the future.
Always love it when we get new players.

and sorry for sending the Braves into a tailspin, I think they've only won 1 game since my trip to see them.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Mr Bubbles wrote:If some of Unagi's suspicions had been taking more serious this game could have easily been an easy match for the good guys, but good game Lassr and Chaos. Enjoy this game, because you two will be scrutinized to the nth degree for quite a while.
Ironically, it was this post from Unagi that got me to back down from my Lassr votes. Not right away, but it made me start to think that I was wrong.

And it seemed any time I voted for someone Isgrimnur would vote for that same person just a few moments later. Chaosraven had been creeping me out most of the game as the quiet wolf, but that voting pattern from Isgrimnur is what got me to start thinking he was the quiet wolf and chaos was ok. I went back and forth between the two of them for awhile. Every time I thought I settled on one, the other would do something that would bring my attention back to them.

Great game Newcastle. The write-ups were great.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:If some of Unagi's suspicions had been taking more serious this game could have easily been an easy match for the good guys, but good game Lassr and Chaos. Enjoy this game, because you two will be scrutinized to the nth degree for quite a while.
Ironically, it was this post from Unagi that got me to back down from my Lassr votes. Not right away, but it made me start to think that I was wrong.
and I so wanted to post a big Thank You to Unagi but thought that may not help my cause.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote:
And it seemed any time I voted for someone Isgrimnur would vote for that same person just a few moments later. Chaosraven had been creeping me out most of the game as the quiet wolf, but that voting pattern from Isgrimnur is what got me to start thinking he was the quiet wolf and chaos was ok. I went back and forth between the two of them for awhile. Every time I thought I settled on one, the other would do something that would bring my attention back to them.
Yep, and I latched onto that but alas no one wanted to vote Isgrimnur the last day!

Chaos work schedule really played havoc with him this game. I kept thinking I was going to have to kill him but he'd pop up at the most opportune times.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Was a fun game overall, but it's interesting. If some of Unagi's suspicions had been taking more serious this game could have easily been an easy match for the good guys, but good game Lassr and Chaos. Enjoy this game, because you two will be scrutinized to the nth degree for quite a while.

Yes, I thought Unagi was going to get Chaos for sure at one point, but nobody (not even stess who was under the gun at that point) would listen to him.

At one point, stess had them both, too:
stessier wrote:Why am I not dead?
... Unagi gave everyone cover (which is one reason I was so flippin' mad at him) and yet here I am. The 5th vote said I was one of two on his list, yet here I am.

And taking your consensus point to heart, I don't think any human gets lynched today without both wolves on them. I think both wolves were already on me.

I am even more sure now - Lassr and Chaos (which would have been the traditional Lassr/Chaos/Remus triumvirate).

I was "screaming" on the spoiler boards for all good MI6 agents to listen to stess. :)

Here's Isgrimnur's quote that I was referencing:
Isgrimnur wrote:I'm playing surly, not wolfish. There's a difference.

:)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote:and sorry for sending the Braves into a tailspin, I think they've only won 1 game since my trip to see them.

They are going to have to wake up soon. :(
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Never did manage to get on the regular computer... to be fair, though, my 'quiet' is a matter of perception, based on how quickly the first two days went.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I certainly had fun with the game.

Great write-ups Newcastle - really dude, you've got talent.

Yeah.... huge sigh. I nailed the post-Remus analysis. NAILED it.... but then Stessier set the seeds of doubt in my head - and I had trouble going back to that.

I actually did go back and (before the stessier lynch) think that I should go back and stick to my guns on the {Lassr,msteelers,Chaos} group -and I really did want everyone to test Chaos... WHY OH WHY DID YOU ALL NOT WANT TO TEST CHAOS !!! :|
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote:I certainly had fun with the game.

Yeah.... huge sigh. I nailed the post-Remus analysis. NAILED it.... but then Stessier set the seeds of doubt in my head - and I had trouble going back to that.

I actually did go back and (before the stessier lynch) think that I should go back and stick to my guns on the {Lassr,msteelers,Chaos} group -and I really did want everyone to test Chaos... WHY OH WHY DID YOU ALL NOT WANT TO TEST CHAOS !!! :|
Yeah, stupid stessier. :D
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Stoopid scanner. I was well on my way to getting myself lynched when you had to go and ruin my plan. Meanie.

And good lord, Unagi. I have to totally be more aware of my interactions next time I'm evil. :shock:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote:and I really did want everyone to test Chaos... WHY OH WHY DID YOU ALL NOT WANT TO TEST CHAOS !!! :|
Too much personal respect to railroad someone who's having connection issues?

Ah, well, how bad of me to forget the cardinal rule: "We lynch the quiet ones because they aren't helping."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:but then Stessier set the seeds of doubt in my head - and I had trouble going back to that.
He made a wonderful Alec Trevelyan. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I need to sleep less.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Unagi wrote:I certainly had fun with the game.

Someone said to kill Stessier... *dirty look*

I was probably going to throw my vote on him when I woke up and the game was over.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks for all the kudos on the write up guys. Those were actually half the fun in doing this (and of course the berating icon...man i love that thing). I tried to make it interesting and make sure everyone was featured to some degree. Basically if you were dying you got the star billing. Also tried to make lynches somewhat heroic, so people wouldn't feel so bad.

The initial trouble I had on the first write up was how to do it without tiping my hand of knowing everything. I came to the simple conclusion of using people's names in the order of signups. That really erased any potential conflicts of interest.

The other thing I tried to do was make sure everyone said something or had something to do. Or if they had spoken previously, give someone else a turn. Felt that way everyone has some sort of vested interest. I do regret not being able to give Remus a better send off, but that write up was really all about Bond there. Sorry Remus!

I did learn a lot about modding though and it really was fun watching the game progress from a moderator stand point. I had no dogs in the fight so to speak, so i could enjoy the drama unfold without wincing and appreciating the moves the players were making as the game was playing. I will definitely do another iteration of this theme at some point in the future.

The other thing I really should have done better is be better prepared. But the problem with that was it was difficult who would get lynched and who wouldnt.

Anyway, thanks again....and....coming soon....
Spoiler:
Bond 2 - The Tahitian dream
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi wrote:and I really did want everyone to test Chaos... WHY OH WHY DID YOU ALL NOT WANT TO TEST CHAOS !!! :|
Too much personal respect to railroad someone who's having connection issues?

Ah, well, how bad of me to forget the cardinal rule: "We lynch the quiet ones because they aren't helping."
want some fun? Go thru the game and see which players mentioned my work schedule... Go ahead and include me. You'll see why I was freaked out.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Nice work, dudes.

Newcastle: welcome to the management tier. That was a good first foray. I hope, now that your feet are wet, that you'll stay in the rotation.

I see you're already having Polynesian visions....
Grundbegriff

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 2 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Grundbegriff »

Grundbegriff wrote:BTW, who wants a side wager that stessier is Evil? I'm not kidding.
Heh. Forgot about this.

I'll have to remember why I thought so.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:BTW, who wants a side wager that stessier is Evil? I'm not kidding.
Heh. Forgot about this.

But I wasn't evil - just plain vanilla. Or are you trying to remember so you can cross that tell off the list?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Heh. Forgot about this.

But I wasn't evil - just plain vanilla. Or are you trying to remember so you can cross that tell off the list?
The latter. My point is that I've utterly lost (or perhaps never had) the ability to discern your alignment.