WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: WW- Chapter 3 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Newcastle »

WARNING: Any character referenced in the write up unless specifically noted, is only used for flavor. It is not a reference to anyone's role. It is only meant to flow the story on and give it spice.

CHAPTER 3 END –

“Anything out there?” Unagi asked into the comlink. He was hunched over a series of monitors watching the hotel from its security center. An hour earlier he’d been admitted in with minimal fuss. Calls from the Prime Minister always eased entry into places such as this. His eyes continued scanning the security monitors looking for anything.

Semaj and Msteelers had already entered the building and were seated at the bar. Their cover: two tired businessmen enjoying a drink; their purpose though was to secure the entrance area and spot possible Spectre agents. “Security check seems to be pretty tight when Semaj & I came in. They gave us a pat down. They have plain clothes patrolling, and every entry secured.”Msteeler said.

Semaj twirled his drink and drank it down. “Might be secure, but where’s the frigging poker. Last time I’m coming to Davos.”

“Roger that on the defense, they have a great perimeter set up.” Isgrinmur checked in. He’d been scouting the perimeter on the outside, the woods thick but the defense solid. “Good defense out here, I see laser wires and all guards are alert. Don’t see how anyone can penetrate back here, and if they do, everyone is going to hear about it. The backside is tight. No one has gone in or out.”

Stessier walked into the building then the tool case in hand. He saw an itinerary, grabbed it and let his eyes skim it. As he bounced down the stairs, he saw it. It was the answer that Qantaga had eluded to earlier. “I know what’s going to get hit!”

“What’s getting hit?” Chaosraven asked. He was also outside enhancing the security detail. “Clear from my position. No one has gone in from the service entrance. It’s locked tight.”

“Well out with it, what’s going to get hit?” Lassr asked from the back of the van, he gave a quick glance over at Lagom who was also setting up the video feeds.

“They’re hitting the telecommunications meeting.” Everyone stayed quiet, as Stessier hit the basement. “The big players for Telecom are meeting today in this frigging hotel. That’s what this whole thing is about…..Ah crap..”

“What is it?” Unagi asked as he saw Stessier on the internal feed.

“The basement’s flooded, going to be a pain to set up the feed.” He moved to where the microfibers were and started to remove the housing, prepping it for the installation that would give the van a live video feed. Water continued to pool around his feet as Stessier continued. “The meeting today is between the India and China Telecom industries. It’s a who’s who of their leaders. Regulators, business leaders and inventors….”he paused again to snip another wire. “Rumors have it they’re talking about mergers. Just think about that 2/5’s of the world’s population under the control of a governmental merger. And you know what that means. Means Carver won’t ever have a chance to get into those markets if this goes down. Media is his game. He needs to stop this at all costs, because this thing is suppose to be close to happening.”

Out of the corner of his eye Stessier saw a movement that caught his attention. He thought he saw a figure dash away, but that wasn’t what he was focused on. In horror he saw an electric cable had been ripped from the siding and was now falling directly into the pool of water he was standing in.

Time froze. His mind raced over the possibilities but in that moment he knew. He also knew that he had moments to finish the job. He turned back and grabbed the two fiber cables and jammed them home. The video monitor flickered to life in the van.

Just as Stessier jammed them home the cable hit. Electricity sparked and jumped across the water in no time it found Stessier and raced up and down his body mercilessly. Death was quick but painful.

Unagi stared at the monitor in disbelief. Seeing Stessier’s last few moments of bravery though made him conclude one thing: only a true MI6 agent would put their mission above their life.

Stessier was MI6

Interlude:
Q- Whose signature intrigues you?
M – Whose DNA will you verify?
Elliot – What person’s background will you investigate?
Spectre – Who shall not live another day?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Re: WW- Bond Interlude 3 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Lassr »

Dammit! You have got to be kidding me!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Do not cast a vote without thinking about and discussing it tomorrow. One bad vote and the bad guys pounce on it!

Unagi should get it tonight. Any thought?

I will be in Atlanta for the Braves game Thursday afternoon. Be back Friday afternoon.

If you'd like to wait until I get back then that would be fantastic.

Right now I think Chaos and Isgrimnur.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's msteelers and lagom lite
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:?

Don't blame me stessier - I was creating something for everyone to look at tomorrow after we lynched Chaosraven. (not sure why NONE of the people here wanted to test him, that's mind blowing...)

Frankly - msteelers was, IMO, caught with his hand in the cookie jar there... Maybe just my opinion?
Chaos' timing was better - but then, his timing is indeed better.

I think we are looking at msteelers.org and Chaos. (and yes, to some degree Isgrimnur - but damn, this guy needs a break -eh? especially from me. )

Lagom and Isgrimnur are VERY possible - but, since I guess we needed to blow our two lynches on Theohall and Isgrimnur we can't afford testing everyone that's hard to read. (Grund, why you wasted our Day 1 Lynch on a player that, when good, can often be read like a matchbook, is totally beyond me - that was the ONLY thing that kept my vote on you the next day)

The thing that keeps me from the Lagom thought is his interactions with Remus. Re-read that a whole bunch and try and decide if they were partners or not.

and Semaj, honestly, I'm just sorta letting him go a bit without much thought... He basically read OK to me, had good interactions with everyone, etc. And hell, Good Grund gave him that pass too.

Lassr has played good enough that I think if he's a wolf we should reward wolves like that. Period.

Anyhow - good luck guys.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chaosraven wrote:It's msteelers and lagom lite
At least 50% wrong.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

For those not in the know, I went up to vancouver... I recently went to williams lake where we discovered the internet we were supposed to have when we arrived didnt work. it just got connected and here I am... one assumed based on the whole stessier being dead thing, I missed a day.

I'll be reading later after we get everything set up. Right now I have a computer on a floor and some guy trying to figure out why the dsl doesnt work (We literally have DSL and cable internet in the house now)

Ah well talk to you lads in about 4 or 5 hours.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

really wish we had tested chaos today.
could be lassr/msteeler?
sigh - yeah, honestly - everyone's done so well being evil this game, why?

lagom still bothers me a little 8-)
:grund:
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr, Lagom Lite, Chaosraven, Isgrimnur

There's a minimum of one bad guy in that group, but most likely two. My guesses are chaos and isgrimnur, but unfortunately I wont be shocked if it was any of them. I agree with Lassr that we need to take our time tomorrow. The bad guys only need two votes to pile on and win.

And Unagi, I appreciate the data dump since this is most likely your last night. But at the same time if you convince the group to vote for me then SPECTRE will win. You are the only known good guy left, and that makes you the only one we can trust. But as you yourself pointed out, you have the least amount of information.

And your fascination with my random.org vote is appalling. It was a meaningless first vote, that was changed several times after that for equally meaningless reasons. Your overreaction to it practically screams "I'm a special!"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Leaving for Atlanta in an hour. See ya'll tomorrow afternoon.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

WARNING: Any character referenced in the write up unless specifically noted, is only used for flavor. It is not a reference to anyone's role. It is only meant to flow the story on and give it spice.

CHAPTER 4 – Crystal Clarity

“BZZZZZZTTTTTT” Thundered through the ear pieces, Semaj bolted upright, “What the hell was that?”

“Stessier! Stessier you cut out. You there Stessier?” MsSteelers frantically asked “Unagi you got visuals up there?”

“Yeah, I do. Stessier’s dead,” He calmly said, “Someone is down there. I’m on my way.” His eyes were focused on the screens, watching a figure thread its way through the basement. Somehow the figure looked familiar, he couldn’t be sure.

“I’m heading in.” Isgrinmur said.

“Don’t! Cover the exits and maintain positions.” Unagi said.

Outside Chaosraven looked over at Isgrinmur and said “One of us should go in damn it.”

Unagi spoke rapidly again in the comlink, “Lagom & Lassr you see that figure in the basement feeds, keep an eye on him.”

“Hold on we’re trying to get a visual on him.” Lassr responded.

Lagom interrupted, “Yeah got him, see him right there, he’s tall just passed the camera 3 on the basement feeds.”

“Keep an eye on him and tell me where he goes. Whatever happens don’t lose him. He could be the key to this whole damn thing.” Unagi said as he dashed out the control room to the bank of elevators and stairwell.

“Roger that.” Lagom responded.

“I’ll secure the lobby stairwells” Semaj said as he drifted into the lobby sighting the stairwells.

As Unagi got to the stairwell, he propped it open and listened. Nothing. Whoever it was, was not making their escape through there. Satisfied he dashed to the elevator, as he got there one was opening. He popped in, grabbed the key from his pocket and took master control of the elevator. He hit the lobby button and turned around.

The hotel was designed to give plenty of sightlines to its guests. The lobby opened up into a large foyer, and if you looked up you could see each and every floor and with that you could spot each hotel room's door. The elevator was no exception; its glass windows afforded a great perch to see everything. It was with this view in mind that Bond was studying the interior when he saw the figure walking hurriedly toward the lobby. He started to queue the comlink when all of a sudden the elevator shook and then stopped.

Unagi looked at the elevator puzzled, and started to the buttons when a voice came over the elevator sound system, “Good morning Mr. Bond.” A smooth and rich voice said.

“The elevator is stuck get this damn thing started. It’s an emergency.”

“I know Mr. Bond, I stopped it.”

Unagi paused. “Who are you?”

“Instead of worrying about who I am, I think you should remove the panel above the elevator door.”Unagi removed the panel and up there in the upper corner he saw it. A bomb, there was no timer on it.

“You expect me to talk?”Unagi said, as he analyzed the bomb, figuring out how it was wired.

“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.”

“Then why are you telling me this, what’s your plan?” Unagi tried to stall.

“That’s funny Mr. Bond. I just wanted to be the last voice you will ever hear. And I wanted to hear the panic in your voice as you realized you were going to die.” The smooth voice continued.

“You’ll regret this.” He said starting to reach for the bomb.

“I don’t think I will Mr. Bond. Good by.”The voice cut out.

“What’s your….” Unagi started to say when the bomb went off. The last thing Bond saw were shards of glass slicing him up.

Msteeler looked up to see the elevator erupt into a fiery ball, smoke starting to swirl to the roof. He started to say something into his comlink when the second explosion rocked the building and plunged it into darkness.

UNAGI WAS DEAD

BOILERPLATES

Chapter:
Who will be marked for death?
007 – Will you choose to fire your weapon?
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote:“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.”
:)

Chaosraven 

CR and/or Isgrimnur are the two players I don't want winning this game if they are bad guys. Anyone else, well done, gg bad guys, well played. But CR or Isg, if they are evil and wins, I'll kick myself for not trying to down them.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Isgrimnur

WW- Bond Chapter 4 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm not evil and I've been telling you the truth the whole damned game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Semaj

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 4 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Semaj »

remind me to pummel lagum later.

right now james needs to not die from stupidity/hangover.

Sidenote: what part of dont throw a vote on someone because the wolves will hop right on it if its wrong confused you? :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Newcastle wrote:“No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.”
:)

Chaosraven 

CR and/or Isgrimnur are the two players I don't want winning this game if they are bad guys. Anyone else, well done, gg bad guys, well played. But CR or Isg, if they are evil and wins, I'll kick myself for not trying to down them.
which reminds me, if your a wolf thats a slick move :)
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Semaj wrote:Sidenote: what part of dont throw a vote on someone because the wolves will hop right on it if its wrong confused you? :)
:lol:

I do tend to agree with Lagom that chaos and isg need to be tested. I'm willing to vote chaos today, but not until everyone checks in at least with their "closing arguments" if you will.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

withdraw Chaosraven 

Msteeler's and Isgrimnur's final two votes on stessier yesterday looks like a dogpile. Anyone agree?
Is there anyone in hell?

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lagom Lite wrote:Msteeler's and Isgrimnur's final two votes on stessier yesterday looks like a dogpile. Anyone agree?
The question you have to ask yourself is why would we do that? Both of us are high on everyones suspect list, so any action is going to be scrutinized whether it ultimately helps the team or not. I can see one bad guy pushing a guy over the edge, but using both of them? I just don't think that's a strong play by the bad guys.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've tried to run the middle ground this game. I regret my complicity in stessier's death. I haven't been agitating for any particular lynch that's occured, haven't been a definite part in any actions that have definitively hurt us, but haven't been lurking in the shadows like some. It would be rather stupid at this moment to put the kill vote on an innocent if I were an enemy.

I've done what I can to help out, and it's not been the right things or helpful enough. I don't want the agents to lose, but I don't have a good read on anyone. SPECTRE has laid low enough to really get us running in the wrong direction for the whole game, and it sucks.

And, of course, I realize that everything I say could be used against me as to how I've played the game specifically to avoid suspicion. :grund:
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Participants
1. Isgrimnur
4. Chaosraven
6. Lassr
8. Lagom Lite
10. Semaj
11. msteelers

High:
Isgrimnur - Floating along, throwing the odd vote. Incredibly defensive when pressed by Unagi. Jumped on the stessier killing vote, in panic to save himself maybe?
Msteelers - Clearly the "rational" choice according to many, including the well-respected Grundbegriff. I agree but for the voice in my heart. Perhaps it is evil beckoning me and I should stop swooning for the obvious spectre stooge.
Chaosraven - Watching from the sidelines, less involved than usual as far as I can tell.

Low:
Lagom Lite - I'm not, honest!
Semaj - Pure awesomeness if bad guy. Should have slipped up by now. If Semaj turns out evil, I'll have to watch him in the future.
Lassr - The reason I put Lassr as "Low" is that he's been active and helpful. I don't think I've played against him as evil, however, so of course I could be wrong.
Is there anyone in hell?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And the more you talk, the more I'm convinced that we've let you live entirely too long.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Isgrimnur wrote:And the more you talk, the more I'm convinced that we've let you live entirely too long.
Be that as it may... :)
Is there anyone in hell?

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Lagom Lite wrote:Participants
1. Isgrimnur
4. Chaosraven
6. Lassr
8. Lagom Lite
10. Semaj
11. msteelers

First, lemme noogie UNagi for killing one of the few guys I wanted to give a pass to yesterday. Of all the people to pick, not chaos or msteelers or Isg *noogie*

1) Igrimnur - Good or evil How no one has decided to really test you boggles me. You did get to n-2 yesterday the people on you were: Lagom, Chaosraven, Lassr.

SSssoooo The question is, were wolves on you or nay? If your a wolf, it means Msteelers is the other one. If not, it's probably Chaos and someone else... Like Lagom or lassr, shock of all shocks.

I have disliked your betting patterns mainly. They just reek of wolf. At this point I'm pretty sold on you being one of the last 2 wolfs. Just not enough to make a vote for it yet.

2) Chaosraven: You've coasted this entire game, you havent contributed much of anything. You disappear for decent stretches of key time. If your good your doing the rest of us a dissservice, if your a wolf it explains a lot. Sort of like how you were most notably NOT on the stessier bandwagon.

3) Lassr: I hate you, this is all. If your evil you get the vote of not being voted off because your just so damn good as a wolf if you are one (I remember saying this a few games back.. When you were not a wolf)

4) lagom: I'm on the fence. You seem moderately helpful. Yet, what have you done to help the cause? I cant be as mad at you as I am Unagi though, darn hippie, lol.

5) Semaj - doomed to die tonight if we catch a baddum today.

6) Msteelers - Isg has linked himself to you for better or worse. As such, there is a good chance one of you is a wolf, if not both.

So one of these 3 people needs to be marked today:
Chaos, Msteelers, Isgrimnur.

Now if your in this group and a goodun, you get the knowledge your chances of hitting a wolf are pretty solid.

BTW, if Lagom and Lassr are the two wolves, you get the golf clap. Seriously, because no matter if we get lucky on you guys today or not.

Of course your night kills have been pretty easy and the day kills are pretty much a who's who of railroading 101.

I just cant shake the feeling this is ending poorly for our hero's. I should never have traveled, lol.

And for the record, lagom, I rarely slip. I just argue too much :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

semaj wrote:At this point I'm pretty sold on you being one of the last 2 wolfs. Just not enough to make a vote for it yet.
Better keep your receipt. Oh, wait, all sales are final. Never mind.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Lassr and chaos are no-showing atm.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Semaj wrote:Lassr and chaos are no-showing atm.
Not sure about chaos, but Lassr will be gone until this afternoon.
Lassr wrote:Leaving for Atlanta in an hour. See ya'll tomorrow afternoon.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

MOD NOTE:
I will be away from the computer all day today. If any results need to be finalized don't expect them until evening, pacific time.

Also due to the holiday weekend I anticipate a slowdown. The game will continue, but in order for the game to progress to the next chapter and maintain game integrity a status check would be helpful.
Bayraktar!!!!

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I probably wont be around much this weekend. Friends and family are coming into town this weekend. I might be able to check in Sunday, but most likely nothing major from me until Monday.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Uh semaj? I was on the stessier bandwagon. He and isgrim were my high end suspects. I will be suitably impressed if it turns out to be you and lassr and that counts as your only slip. As stessier was notevil, I am left to believe it is msteelers and lagom lite. I don't see the same connections in my notes between isgrim and eithjer of them. So far, lagom hasn't improved on my list today. Voting right away, and then pulling that same vote at prompting. I will vote for either of them.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Chaosraven wrote:Uh semaj? I was on the stessier bandwagon. He and isgrim were my high end suspects. I will be suitably impressed if it turns out to be you and lassr and that counts as your only slip. As stessier was notevil, I am left to believe it is msteelers and lagom lite. I don't see the same connections in my notes between isgrim and eithjer of them. So far, lagom hasn't improved on my list today. Voting right away, and then pulling that same vote at prompting. I will vote for either of them.
Lagom's mistake was voting right away. Pulling it was the correct thing to do if we are worried of bad guys piling on.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Not voting right away would have been correct. Pulling the vote immediately shows that he cares what others think is right. So why is he worried?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I will try to get on the computer to gather the things I found suspicious, can't do all the nifty cut n paste quotes and links from my phone. Early I had suspected lagom lite, lassr, and bubbles. Then they killed bubbles. That moved my susppicions. The attempt to lynch remus when qantaga told us he would explode is very suspicious. We had been told theo was M, qantaga claimed Q, so unless bubbles was bond the shot was still there to use. Why not use the guy who saves us from being killed at the Precise Moment he was Supposed To? Becuase Bond could miss a Spectre, but Jaws would not miss killing MI6. Because letting Remus kill Qantaga saves the bad guys from having to do so, elimintaing any more potential scans for Bond to prove. Allowing a chance for spectre to kill bond at night before he takes a shot. The answer was in the attempt to lynch Remus.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm back. Braves lost 4-2. Bah!

The first thing that caught my eye was Lagom's vote for chaosraven right off the bat. Seems he had no fear of 2 wolves jumping on that vote right off the bat. How did he know that wouldn't happen?

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote: Braves lost 4-2.
:(

If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr wrote:The first thing that caught my eye was Lagom's vote for chaosraven right off the bat. Seems he had no fear of 2 wolves jumping on that vote right off the bat. How did he know that wouldn't happen?
While I think voting for anyone at this point is a boneheaded move, to be fair we need 4 votes to kill someone. Even if the two SPECTRE agents jumped on it there wouldn't be enough votes to kill anyone.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote:
Lassr wrote:The first thing that caught my eye was Lagom's vote for chaosraven right off the bat. Seems he had no fear of 2 wolves jumping on that vote right off the bat. How did he know that wouldn't happen?
While I think voting for anyone at this point is a boneheaded move, to be fair we need 4 votes to kill someone. Even if the two SPECTRE agents jumped on it there wouldn't be enough votes to kill anyone.
Oops, you are correct. Some reason I was thinking the votes needed were 3. Makes his haste to vote a little less sinister.

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Chaosraven wrote:I will try to get on the computer to gather the things I found suspicious, can't do all the nifty cut n paste quotes and links from my phone. Early I had suspected lagom lite, lassr, and bubbles. Then they killed bubbles. That moved my susppicions. The attempt to lynch remus when qantaga told us he would explode is very suspicious. We had been told theo was M, qantaga claimed Q, so unless bubbles was bond the shot was still there to use. Why not use the guy who saves us from being killed at the Precise Moment he was Supposed To? Becuase Bond could miss a Spectre, but Jaws would not miss killing MI6. Because letting Remus kill Qantaga saves the bad guys from having to do so, elimintaing any more potential scans for Bond to prove. Allowing a chance for spectre to kill bond at night before he takes a shot. The answer was in the attempt to lynch Remus.
In theory... or some people are really bad at math. Me... I spent like 3 minutes or 5ish... looking at the bond rule section and didnt see we got the knowledge of who died and saw it as a phenomenal move for the baddies is they got someone huge during the night. The question is, would both wolves have quickly doglpiled the vote hoping the rest of us would come along or would they have avoided it like the plague, just in case?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Let's see, remus takes someone with him... Same number of people die that day, bond still has shot. Remus could have taken out Q or (random). 100% chance either way of taking out MI6 with explosion. Fast forward to Unagi shooting (random) player at some point. Chance of hitting MI6? X out of X+2. Unagi died because he was proven Bond. He could be here now instead of me, with 5 people to choose from, at 60% of shooting the wrong guy. My paranoid concern that day was Q as fake is Zao, offers PlayerX (remus) to draw out Bondshot. BOND SHOOTS MI6, zao(qnataga) is lynched, taking out another MI6 when he explodes, and spectre kills real Q who contests. Would have been good play for spectre.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

From MI6 POV, you should go back and see who was voting against Youselrves this game, a la triggercut principle. (as you know 100% they are NOT voting for a spectre agent), now when I match that up with willing to lynch Remus and make him 'splode, and then look at the votes for theo, grund, and stessier, what do I find?
"Where are you off to?"