WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 4 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm worn down. I made the kill vote on an innocent, something most wolves would stay far away from. And I deeply regret that error.

I don't have any great insights at the moment, otherwise I'd be attempting to rally a finding. Hell, if Lassr didn't have a vote on me, I'd vote for myself at this point. Doing so if Lassr is good would result in a wolf pile and the loss of the game.

I notice that Lagom stood with two votes for a looooong time. If there were no wolf votes on him, they could have ended the game then. That leads me to believe that we have at lease one wolf, if not both, in the {Lagom Lite; Msteelers; Lassr} data set.

I deliberately didn't put a third vote on Lagom this afternoon, as I was waiting to see what developed, and Lassr blinked. So I'm going to take a flier and go with  Lassr 

Especially after he states that he wants a discussion, yet tries to get another train started five minutes later.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Semaj: I discount the AFK aspect since I know I am not a wolf. If you and isgrim are the wolves, kudos to you, as you have maintained way low suspicion on everyones list. Which of course means it will turn out to be you and lassr!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:I notice that Lagom stood with two votes for a looooong time. If there were no wolf votes on him, they could have ended the game then.
I'm fairly certain at this point that if Lagom was an innocent he would be dead by now. Assuming you are telling the truth that you were online during those couple of hours, then the only way an innocent Lagom is still alive is if either myself or Lassr is a wolf. I know I'm not a wolf, and Lassr is doing a good job of looking like a good guy right now.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

From the chaosPOV: chaos is not a wolf. Semaj is unlikely to be a wolf. Leaving isgrim, lagom, msteelers, lassr. Doubting late game vote of lassr or msteelers on partner lagom. Meaning it is either lassr and msteelers or lagom and isgrim. Lassrs low suspicion makes this pairing less likely than lagom and isgrim. My inability to read lagom well increases my suspicion. With isgrim diverting the vote to me from lagom, my suspicion of this pairing increases. my early focus on msteelers stems from his early game vote for me in light of remus as wolf. Isgrim and lagom have both tried to vote me off today. So I am good with either Igrim the distraction or Lagom the smoothtongued devil.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Especially after he states that he wants a discussion, yet tries to get another train started five minutes later.
yeah. let's just throw our votes out there without discussion then. :?:

This is our last chance, miss and it's over. I would think we would want as much discussion from everyone. I'm here and I'm freely posting my thoughts. I'm open to the idea of voting for you or Lagom. We could keep flip flopping the votes but I'd like to get a consensus and go with it. I'm not sure what else we can learn at this point in the game. So why shouldn't we vote for you? Because you are tired?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote: Especially after he states that he wants a discussion, yet tries to get another train started five minutes later.
yeah. let's just throw our votes out there without discussion then. :?:

This is our last chance, miss and it's over. I would think we would want as much discussion from everyone. I'm here and I'm freely posting my thoughts. I'm open to the idea of voting for you or Lagom. We could keep flip flopping the votes but I'd like to get a consensus and go with it. I'm not sure what else we can learn at this point in the game. So why shouldn't we vote for you? Because you are tired?
So what is it? You want a discussion, then vote for me, and now you're back to wanting a discussion? Make up your mind.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hnh, that was a high-risk play by Lassr. Assuming he's an innocent who did it to weed out wolves:

I was "hanging loose" between 7:41 pm (Lassr's vote for me) to 2:04 am (Lassr withdraws). That's 6 hours 23 minutes. In that time, Semaj and Chaosraven posted.

This means: if Chaosraven and Isgrimnur are wolves, Chaosraven deliberately waited for Isgrimnur without placing a vote himself.

That means I'm becoming inclined to replace Chaosraven with msteelers as Isgrimnur's wolf partner.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hypothesis: Msteelers and Isgrimnur are wolves.

Msteelers covers his base by arguing suspicion of Isgrimnur, thereby being able to say "oh, but I suspected him all along".
When the group is starting to decide on whom to vote for the day (Isgrimnur), they panic and try to divert attention.
Msteelers votes Lagom Lite.
Isgrimnur votes Chaosraven shortly thereafter.
Lassr votes Lagom Lite.
Lassr withdraws Lagom Lite and votes Isgrimnur instead.

Let's see if we can do this twice:

Isgrimnur 

Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr and lagom vote for isgrim. Assuming isgrim will not selfvote, that leaves chaos, semaj, and msteelers. Theory is igrim and msteelers (based on division of vote, and logic that at least ONE wolf had to be among msteelr, lagom, and lassr.) so msteelers will not vote for isgrim. If I vote for isgrim, it is up to Semaj to cast the deciding vote, as that will leave isgrim not selfvoting, and msteelers unwilling to vote off his partner.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If it is instead lagom and isgrim, then the smoothtalker is attempting to buy immunity on the last day by setting up his partner, as he could simply stay out of it and we would need all four nonwolves to complete it. Whoever is leftover would be the remaining wolf. In this case, both Semaj and msteelers should be willing to vote for isgrim.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If it is lassr and msteelers, then lagom has played into their hands and msteelers will have to wait until one of us puts the 3rd vote on. In this event, msteelers will not vote for isgrim until it is the final vote.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If msteelers is maintaining his suspicion that isgrim and I are partners, he will vote for igrim, and allow Semaj the final vote.
"Where are you off to?"

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Chaosraven wrote:If msteelers is maintaining his suspicion that isgrim and I are partners, he will vote for igrim, and allow Semaj the final vote.
Interesting. I'll look back through the thread and see if I agree. I'm confident that Lagom is a wolf, which is why I still have my vote on him. I'm less confident in Isgrimnur, but he's still my #2 choice so I would be willing to vote for him. Give me a few moments here to go back and look at this chapter and see if I agree with the numbers.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Are we completely unwilling to vote Lagom at this point? I can't get past the fact that he sat with 2 votes for several hours yesterday. If he was innocent the wolves would have been all over it.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hmmm, an interesting turn of event.

Lagom votes Isgrimnur, he's buying immunity for tomorrow or I have my pairings wrong. Either way I still think it's Isgrimnur as one.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote:Are we completely unwilling to vote Lagom at this point? I can't get past the fact that he sat with 2 votes for several hours yesterday. If he was innocent the wolves would have been all over it.
I keep thinking about that...Isgrimnur says he was lurking but how do we know, he never posted. Lurking and didn't vote because Lagom is his partner, lurking and didn't vote because he was waiting on his partner.

My pair is Lagom & isgrimnur, so I'm not unwilling to vote for Lagom, but we must get most everyone on the same page.

Lagom's vote for Isgrimnur doesn't really affect my thought process. If I was 1 of 2 wolves, I'd sacrifice my partner the last day to buy me some credibility for the next day. Main thing is who are we most confident with today. Then tomorrow we work on the last one.

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr wrote:Main thing is who are we most confident with today.
I agree, which is why I'm hesitant to vote Isgrimnur. There's less room for team SPECTRE making a play with the Lagom vote than there is for the Isgrimnur vote. I have a hard time believing that a wolf, even if his partner was MIA, wouldn't jump on a voting train where two good guys already voted for another good guy. That means that the most likely scenario in which Lagom is innocent is if one of us is guilty. I know that I'm innocent, and at this point I'm going to trust you as a good guy as well. So as far as I'm concerned Lagom being innocent is highly unlikely. I know others wont be able to assume I'm innocent, especially since I'm high on most peoples threat lists, but this is the information I have and that's why I'm still voting for Lagom instead of Isgrimnur.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

And another reason why I'm hesitant to vote for Isgrimnur right now are the last 4 posts that chaos made. Every time I read them I feel like he's practically daring me to vote for Isgrimnur. The first three posts all include me being a wolf, and how I wont vote for Isgrimnur until the very end. Then his last post reads like an invitation to "prove my innocence" and put Isgrimnur at N-1.

I'm not saying that I've moved Chaos above Isgrimnur on my suspect list, but I feel like Lagom is the safer vote.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

msteelers wrote:I'm not saying that I've moved Chaos above Isgrimnur on my suspect list, but I feel like Lagom is the safer vote.
Safe for you, wolfie.
Is there anyone in hell?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've been suspicious of Lagom as well, and he still piques my interest every time he directs his attention at me.

Lagom Lite 

Lassr, you have your pairings wrong.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

lagom lite 

let's see where this takes us, then
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

4 votes for majority

Lagom Lite is at N-1

MARKED FOR DEATH

Lagom Lite (3): Msteelers, Isgrinmur, Chaosraven,
Isgrinmur (2): Lassr, Lagom Lite,

No Votes cast: Semaj,

If I missed anything please let me know

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite 

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I hope you can do a write quickly!

I have an offsite meeting in an hour and will not be back until tonight!

<crosses fingers> Hope ya'll are right!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

4 votes for majority

VOTING CLOSED - write up coming. Please be patient I hope to have it within an hour a few things are in the way.

MARKED FOR DEATH

Lagom Lite (4): Msteelers, Isgrinmur, Chaosraven, Lassr,
Isgrinmur (1): Lagom Lite,

No Votes cast: Semaj,

If I missed anything please let me know

Bayraktar!!!!

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

That went quickly.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I keep pressing refresh but nothing is happening!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

CHAPTER 4 END -

Semaj looked around the darkened building, he saw crouched figures. “Am in foyer, I think I see movement, will investigate.” He started went flat against a wall, “I’m going to the meeting hall, securing the delegates.”

“Roger that” Lagom said. Suddenly there was a knock on the van’s door.

“Hey Lagom you closer can you get that?” Lassr asked, leaning against the chair.

“Yeah sure thing.” Lagom reached for the door.

Outside Chaosraven trotted up to Isgrinmur, “Hey you got a light for this smoke.”

“Dude, shouldn’t you be over on the other side?”

“Ah its cool man, Sparky has it.”

“Sparky?”

“Yeah Sparky,” Chaosraven said shrugging his shoulders, he snapped his fingers waiting on the lighter from Isgrinmur. Isgrinmur started reaching for the lighter.

Inside Msteeler was crouched by the bar. “Alright will cover front entrance, we got Semaj investigating.” He looked around the lobby, there was confusion. People were running around, some had found cover underneath tables; others were scurrying to the exits. He looked over at the security guards, and something seemed weird about their actions. He couldn’t place it.

Inside the van there was another loud knock. “Hey Lagom you getting that?” Lassr asked again.

“Oh, yeah sure, can do. Sorry forgot about that” Lagom said, reaching for the door, he fumbled with it, then opened it, “I….”then all of a sudden he was yanked from the van. 2 figures were standing there; one quickly injected a thick needle into his heart.

“Death should be in 10 seconds.” Lassr said as he watched Lagom’s body spasm, it gave a sudden kick then went still. “There dead, get him inside.” He pointed to the van. Lassr lifted the comlink then spoke, “We’re set and in position, open the store for business, I repeat, open the store for business.” Lassr said into the comset.

“What did he say?” Isgrinmur asked, his hand in his pocket reaching for the lighter.

“He said the store’s open for business.” Chaosraven said with an enthusiastic smile.

“What the hell that mean?” Isgrinmur was puzzled, “That’s not in the code book…..”

“Here let me show you.” CR said, he grabbed Isgrinmur by the shoulder, spun him around, quickly brought his hands around his jaws and snapped his neck. “Means we can move into the final phase of the plan.” He held his fingers to his lips and made a quick series of whistles. All of a sudden 12 figures in snow camouflage appeared, CR made a quick motion to them, signaling to get ready then trotted over to the back door and entered the building.

Lassr entered the building the squad of 2 had grown to 6 now. He looked at the door guards who only nodded.

As Lassr entered the building, Msteeler saw him and in that instant he knew what was wrong, the guards were pulling something from their bags. Then he saw the nod and Lassr coming straight over to him. “Hey Lassr, what the hell’s going on. Those guards, their acting off, they aren’t securing the building. Looks like their preparing for something.” Msteeler said, alarm bells were going off. Something was wrong.

“They are.”

“What do you mean Lassr?”

“It’s Mr. Lassr to you.” Before Msteeler could stop him, Lassr rabbit punched him in his throat. Msteeler fell to the ground, his throat crushed. His eyes bulged as he suffocated. Lassr looked over him, emotionless. Msteeler finally crumpled to the ground, dead. “Yes they are doing something, they are preparing to blow this place sky high.”

Semaj had made his way to the delegate conference room, he breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the delegates alive, but scared. They were hiding behind chairs, against walls. He triumphantly walked in and shouted, “It’s ok. I am MI6, I’ll get you out alive.” He thought he saw flashes of relief. It felt good being the hero. He gave a confident wink to the delegates then turned. A slight shock came over him. “Lassr, Chaosraven. I didn’t expect you guys here. Where’s everyone else?” He asked as Chaosraven and Lassr came through the doorway.

“In their spots.” Chaosraven answered.

“What are you doing here?” Semaj asked.

“Getting the delegates ready for transport.” Lassr answered with a smile.

“Ah good, good. I’ll secure the exit.” Semaj said, glad to have the help.

“You wont be doing any such thing.” Lassr answered.

“Huh.” Semaj looked puzzled.

With that both Chaosraven and Lassr aimed their guns and fired simultaneously. Semaj’s body body flew back, dead.

Just then figures filed in past Lassr. Lassr Carver looked over at Zaoraven and said, “I want all the negotiators rounded up. Take them to the helicopters, drop the lead negotiator first. Stall them then do everything according to plan, but make sure they die. I need my men in place in their governments. There are to be no survivors from these delegations.”

Zaoraven gave a quick salute, and started rounding up the delegates.

“And just to think this will all be blamed on an incompetent MI6 team.” Lassr Carver started to laugh, a long deep evil laugh. Spent, he turned on his laptop and started writing a headline for his various new networks. It read. “MI6 team goes rogue and takes Indian & Chinese telecom delegation hostage…”

SPECTRE WINS
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: WW- Bond Epilogue - The Davos Initiative

Post by Newcastle »

The cast:
Spoiler:
Name Role AGENT #
Qantaga Q 63
Unagi Bond 43
Theohaoll M 17

Stessier Agent 75
Mr Bubbles Agent 101
Isgrinmur Agent 32
Lagom Lite Agent 22
Semaj Agent 96
MS Steelers Agent 31
Grundbegriff Agent 66

SPECTRE
Lassr Elliot 48
Remus West Jaws 39
Chaosraven Zao 83
Also spoiler forum was set up here:

http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank

Register and I will get you in if you arent in already.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Wait..What!!!? I'm SPECTRE? When did I get recruited?

Oops, yeah, sorry about that, I am SPECTRE. :twisted:

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Well done Lassr and Chaos.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote:Well done Lassr and Chaos.
Thanks, and now I do not expect to live long in the next game.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Awesome game Newcastle.

Thanks for the game world, the storytelling, and for a great job moderating!

It was a lot of fun, even watching from beyond the grave. :)

Congratulations to SPECTRE. Very nicely played!

A lot of people suspected Chaosraven, but he was like teflon when it came to actual accusations. :)

Lassr flew under the radar almost the entire game.

stessier did call it early on: "helpful Lassr = evil Lassr." :) Seriously, though, there was never any real suspicion on Lassr at all.

Great job by the SPECTRE team.

I've still got a lot to learn, but this was a great experience for me. Thanks to all for letting me tag along. I'm looking forward to many more games in the future.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lassr and Chaos eh? Well done, especially Lassr. :)
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I had a blast moderating i have to say. It was a lot of fun watching this game develop. I felt Lassr did a superb job of hiding in plain sight and being "helpful". It was interesting to watch the game change, when Remus was nailed I thought that MI6 would win, but Lassr and CR managed to slink around and stay active.

Was fun and educational
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

:grund: I'm going to kick Unagi. For all the games he was wrong on his analysis, he was dead on with this one. Then he goes and doubts himself. Oh Unagi, you had it right and had the rest of the bad guys picked out.

edit: That being said I was glad I was able to pick out Remus pretty early on. Anytime I'm able to help identify an evil Remus is a good day
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
stessier did call it early on: "helpful Lassr = evil Lassr." :) Seriously, though, there was never any real suspicion on Lassr at all.
well unfortunately for future games helpful lassr can also = good lassr.

I tried not to change my behavior throughout the game. Do what I would have done as a good guy even if it hurt team evil at the moment, hoping it would build credibility for the end.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Seriously great game, even if we did lose. Lagom may have a bit of ways to go to clear his skunk scent. And I told you I was innocent!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Isgrimnur wrote:Seriously great game, even if we did lose. Lagom may have a bit of ways to go to clear his skunk scent.
Not much I can do unfortunately. :)
Is there anyone in hell?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Seem less evil. :D