8. Lagom Lite
9. Unagi
10. Semaj
11. msteelers
12. Qantaga
13. Grundbegriff

HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE

James Bond - O07

James Bond 007 – Bond, James Bond. The intrepid spy you serve her Majesty’s service with flair and dignity, always there to save the day. With your trusty Walther PPK, you are thrust along this mission. However, you only have one shot and one shot only. The good news is you can shoot to kill, the bad news is you don’t know who’s friend or foe. Be careful James.

- You have one shot. You may shoot a player any time during the day cycle. The shot must be PM’d to me before a majority is reached on a vote.

Q

Q – You are Q. Master of inventions and a wizard at new technologies. Even though you are undercover on this mission you have brought many useful gadgets along. However, you feel none will be play a critical role as your newly developed biometric scanner. Hot off the development process it’s primary function: revealing a person’s true identity. All you have to do is point it at someone when they are not watching, and you will know who they really are. Spectre be warned, Q is on the prowl.

- You can scan 1 alive player to find out their true identity. Choice must be PM’d to me during the interlude cycle

M -

M- With a stern hand you direct MI6. You know the people that you sent on this mission, but they each are undercover. The other thing that bothers you is there are three more than there should be. The mission is compromised. The good news is you have a direct link to headquarters and can verify their indentities with a DNA sample. The bad news is that with the tools at your disposal you can only verify an agents true identity once they are dead. Anything helps though, at least you will know what side that agent was fighting for, and that could save lives.

- You may scan 1 dead player and learn their true identity. The choice must be PM’d to me during the interlude cycle.

- Secret Agents

You are a Secret Agent (s) (i screwed up here, some got agent, some got agents)
Your role is one and one only; see to it that the mission is accomplished at all costs. Even if you must risk your life and limb, you must not let Spectre succeed. Use anything at your disposal, your wits, guns, and brawn. The world is depending on you.
- (no powers besides a vote during the day)

SPECTRE

Elliot Carver

Elliot Carver – Master of the media is your game and you will stop at nothing to have primacy over the airwaves. You have managed to infiltrate this MI6 mission to insure that it fails. You can not have it succeed at all costs. Through your impressive networks of information you are able to discover the true identity of any dead agent. Such is the power of the Elliot Carver.

- Once during the interlude you may submit a dead players name to scan to find out their true identity. You will receive the response prior to the dawning of a new chapter.

Jaws -

Jaws – Teeth of metal, you cut a fearsome figure. A loyal servant of SPECTRE, you will do what is needed to complete the job. You’ve been used as a powerful figure before, that role fits your perfectly. Such is your dedication to the job that you will never be denied a kill. If you are called out and forced to put your life on the line. You’ll make sure a price is paid and will take one with you.

- Should you receive the highest votes, and be slated for death, you can choose 1 person whom you will take with you. Choose wisely and send me a PM with that pick.

Zao -

Zao – A deadly North Korean operative, you have come to aid Elliot Carver’s mission with all your talents at his disposal. You want to see the MI6 operation go down in flames. It would only be due dillligence after what Bond did to you. Anything that needs to be done tailing, assassination, or even reconnaissance you will do.
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Re: WW- JB PREGAME THREAD - NO TOUCHY!!!!

Post by Newcastle »

Rules & Boilerplate

Roles Cheat sheet:
MI6 -
Q- can scan 1 alive person per evening to find their true identity.
James Bond - has 1 shot that may be used during the day at his discretion, prior to lynch
M- Can scan the dead agents to discover their true identity
Secret agents - no powers, but the power to vote and their wits

SPECTRE
Elliot Carver - Can scan 1 dead player to find true role
Jaws - Upon being lynched, may take one player out with him
Zao - No power

Interlude Order of Operation
Scans submitted (M, Q, Elliot)
Spectre kill order submitted
Scans returned if people are alive

Rules:
-No edits as usual
-Alignment learned at death
-Spectre do not discover role upon night kill
- Bond can take shot anytime during day time prior to a majority lynch achieved, Bond's identify will be revealed.
-Once lynch threshold achieved, results locked in
- No Pm's
-Spectre can chat in the secret forums at will
-contents of PM's may not be shared! Only exceptions are: roles (ie I am James Bond) scan results (ie I scanned Newcastle he is on Team Kate Moss) or secret agent #'s (which are just flavor and everyone has one). So no quoting the texts or anything, etc. Any questions, please PM.

Concepts-

I am trying to make an interactive story here also, so if things are odd or out of place in the flavor text...in all likelihood they will clear up soon. It's window dressing, flavor, something to make it different than the standard "youre in an ancient village". It's a WW story, with you folks driving the action. Believe it or not, I have it roughly plotted it out. It's a chance for me to flex my creative muscle, and for you to experience my "vision" of WW. :D

The game will be divided up two segments: Chapter & Interlude. Chapter is the “day cycle” where players will vote to have one of them die. The interlude is the “night” cycle, where the scanners can act and Spectre can choose a "night" kill.

Concept: I am using “marked for death” to take place of the lynch. In essence it serves as the same function, that person will die in the wrap up that will close each chapter and their alignment will be revealed. It is just flavoring really, since "lynch" will not flow well with what i am trying to do.
Just  lynch newcastle 

will suffice.

WARNING: Any character referenced in the write up unless specifically noted, is only used for flavor. It is not a reference to anyone's role. It is only meant to flow the story on and give it spice.

All members will receive a secret agent #, even Spectre agents. These mean absolutely nothing, but are to supply flavor.

BOILERPLATES

Chapter:
Who will be marked for death?
007 – Will you choose to fire your weapon?

Interlude:
Q- Whose signature intrigues you?
M – Whose DNA will you verify?
Elliot – What person’s background will you investigate?
Spectre – Who shall not live another day?
Last edited by Newcastle on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chapter 1 Feydeys - viewtopic.php?p=1606002#p1606002" target="_blank

Chapter 1 Ends: viewtopic.php?p=1607800#p1607800" target="_blank

Chapter 2 Black Ice: viewtopic.php?p=1608135#p1608135" target="_blank

Remus West shot: viewtopic.php?p=1608482#p1608482" target="_blank

Chapter 2 Ends: viewtopic.php?p=1609419#p1609419" target="_blank

Chapter 3 Golden keys: viewtopic.php?p=1609773#p1609773" target="_blank

Chapter 3 ends: viewtopic.php?p=1611402#p1611402" target="_blank

Chapter 4 Crystal clarity: viewtopic.php?p=1611825#p1611825" target="_blank

Chapter 4 ends: viewtopic.php?p=1613982#p1613982" target="_blank
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

INTRODUCTION - The Davos Initiative

Agents,

You are being reassigned to a high priority task force that will be sent to Davos, Switzerland. As you know world leaders, industrial titans and billionaire philanthropists are converging to discuss various economic, social and political problems. The attendees are the world’s who’s who. Their security is paramount.

We have intercepted chatter that there will be an attack in the area. We are unsure of the nature of this threat. Last Thursday we sent an operative in the area to begin investigating. Since then more information has come to light that has raised the threat level to paramount.
That information is as follows:

Elliot Carver is rumored to be flying in to attend the summit. Sources have spotted known Spectre henchman Jaws boarding a train in St. Gallen headed to Davos. And finally the notorious North Korean operative, Zao, was spotted exiting a bank in nearby Zurich. These individuals taken alone would be troubling, taken together they are alarming.

Such is the nature of this threat that we are sending some heavy hitters. On this task force M, Q and 007 will be accompanying you. However each will remain undercover to maintain the integrity of the operation. Each of you are directed to maintain your undercover identities to prevent any tipping off of our activities.

There is another reason that we are taking such measures, we believe that MI6 has been infiltrated, that may extend to this mission and taskforce. You will need to remain vigilant.

We are not sure of the nature of the threat. We do know that it is large enough to attract multiple Spectre agents and that is alarming. We know it’s credible and we know it’s out there, what it is we do not know. The task force is assigned in identifying the threat, neutralizing this threat, insuring the safety of all leaders and if possible finding and neutralizing any double agents.

You are to travel immediately to Davos where you will meet 009. He will meet you at the Feydey Ski repair shop at 1900 hours Sunday evening to brief you. The ski shop will serve as your base of operations.

Good Luck, the world is depending on you.

Secretary of Defense
Dr. Liam Fox
Last edited by Newcastle on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

WARNING: Any character referenced in the write up unless specifically noted, is only used for flavor. It is not a reference to anyone's role. It is only meant to flow the story on and give it spice.

CHAPTER 1 –FEYDEYS

A black Econo van slows down on the cobbled street and stops in front of an antique horologist shop. Across the streets sits a darkened building, a wooden sign hangs over the door with the name “Feydey’s” carved in. Isgrimnur switches the engine off, and looks over at the shop, then at his watch. It’s 1907 and no sign of the contact.

“Should we go around again?” asks Msteelers sitting shotgun.

Halfway down the block, standing outside a local bar, Theohall lights a cigarette, while Stessier stands still pensively looking up the street. A slight shiver runs up his spine. Something is wrong. With more calm than he feels, he turns up his wrist and speaks into it. “Chaosraven, how early did you get here again?”

Chaosraven shifts his weight a bit, clicks the comset, “My team’s been here since 1815. Our train got in at 1800 hours, and we came straight here, been bird dogging this place ever since. Mr Bubbles and I have been watching the front while Remus West and Qantaga are…..”

“What bout the back?” interrupts Lassr across the com-set. From his spot in the back of the van, he easily spots Chaosraven and Mr. Bubbles watching the front.

Remus West breaks in “I have a visual on the back; Qantaga has the other side covered. We don’t have the best spot, but we have visuals on all entrances and exits. No movement, nothing so far.”

Grundbegriff also in the van slowly taps his fingers on his knee, his sign of thought. “I don’t like this at all.” He looks over at Lagom Lite and Unagi “Get the guns out, we’re going to need them.”

Lagom Lite nods silently as he pulls a briefcase from under his seat, slits the diplomatic seals and flips the case open, grabs the Glocks and starts to pass the armaments around. Behind him Unagi grabs the other suitcase and follows suit.

Snow drifts down, the task force waits. Soon the church bell tolls 19:30.

Sitting in the back of the van Semaj glances at his watch again. “Something is wrong, he’s never this late. I’ve worked with him before, he wouldn’t be late for his own funeral. You ask him to be there, he’ll be there.”

Qantaga carefully creeps a bit closer to the house, his eyes straining to make anything out in the darkened chalet. Something inside; there, over there, what was that?

“I’ve got…..” His attention is riveted to the house, as he spots a figure cross the room.

Grundbegriff “What is it Qantaga, what do you see?”

Qantaga whispers, “Someone’s inside,” Suddenly the figure extends their arm a flash of light spits out of the end followed by a soft cough.

Qantaga harshly barks into the comset “Shots inside. Shots inside.”

BOILERPLATE
AGENTS – WHO WILL BE MARKED FOR DEATH? (lynched)
007 – WILL YOU TAKE THE SHOT?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: WW- Bond Chapter 1 - The Davos Initiative

Post by Newcastle »

Game on!

Everyone should have received a secret agent number, if you haven't PM me. If there are any problems or anything, shoot me a PM

Please give everyone a chance also to check as well.

Good luck, the world is depending on you!

Also, please review the rules, there have been some slight tweaks...pay attention to the quote from PM section.
Last edited by Newcastle on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

Well... Now I will have no idea who to mark for death.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Now that someone has stirred, I feel a bit shaken.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:Now that someone has stirred, I feel a bit shaken.

Nicely turned. :lol:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Who to the what now?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

So has anyone found a body, yet? Shots were fired, right?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

From here, I don't have a View to a Kill, so unless they Die Another Day, I won't find the body. So dr No idea.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scho, schall we schtay in the vinschinity on schould we schplit up?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

:pop:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Chaosraven wrote:From here, I don't have a View to a Kill, so unless they Die Another Day, I won't find the body. So dr No idea.
that made me audibly groan.
Lagom Lite wrote:Scho, schall we schtay in the vinschinity on schould we schplit up?
You sound german to me... where is my gun? I have a license to kill right?
msteelers wrote::pop:
Well that answers that.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Semaj wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Scho, schall we schtay in the vinschinity on schould we schplit up?
Dang, I was going for scottish. :lol:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Semaj wrote:
listen to shrek/mike meyers more :)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Semaj wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Semaj wrote:
He sounds hammered to me. Wait... it is Semaj in his normal state. ;)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Semaj wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Semaj wrote:

Or maybe a little more like Craig Ferguson on Sean Connery? :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm desprately trying to come up with an Octopussy Overlords joke. :?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

<insert random innocent comment>
<check in complete>
<self satisfaction walking away for a few more hours>
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

theohall wrote:
Semaj wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Semaj wrote:
He sounds hammered to me. Wait... it is Semaj in his normal state. ;)
 Theohall 

You get voted first!

*que grumbling*
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

My agent number should have been 069!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

<grumble>
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:I'm desprately trying to come up with an Octopussy Overlords joke. :?
don't get Maudlin, your next attempt will be Adamsight better than the terrible ones I have laid out.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Was that The Man with the Golden Gun who fired those shots?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:I'm desprately trying to come up with an Octopussy Overlords joke. :?
Wait until there are only 8 of us left then it will just come naturally.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh, and can't read him so kill him.
 Lagom Lite 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Theohall (1): Semaj

Lagom Lite (1) : Remus West

No Votes cast:
Isgrimnur, Theohall, Stessier, Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, Lassr, Remus West, Lagom Lite, Unagi, Msteelers, Qantaga, Grundbegriff

7 needed to be Marked for death

If I missed anything please let me know
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

I completely forgot...

Mark Semaj for Death 

... since he was first.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Semaj (1): Theohall

No Votes cast:
Isgrimnur, Stessier, Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles, Lassr, Remus West, Lagom Lite, Unagi, Msteelers, Qantaga, Grundbegriff

Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West 

You can never be too safe.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Oops, the voting threw me off...forgot we started with the day cycle.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga 

where's the "u" after the "Q"? -sounds like a foreign spy name to me!

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi 

For his inability to come up with an appropriate joke.

And because random.org told me to... :ninja:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Fast and furious voting tonight.

Chaosraven 

SPECTRE = evil
KAOS = evil
KAOS = Chaos
Chaos = Chaosraven
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Semaj (1): Theohall
Remus West (1): Herr Bubbles
Qantaga (1): Lassr
Unagi (1) : Msteelers
Chaosraven (1) : Qantaga

No Votes cast:
Isgrimnur, Stessier, Chaosraven, Lagom Lite, Unagi, Grundbegriff

Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We're doing a voting round robin? Okay.

Stessier 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:Fast and furious voting tonight.

Chaosraven 

SPECTRE = evil
KAOS = evil
KAOS = Chaos
Chaos = Chaosraven
way too many leaps between Chaosraven and Evil there...

SPECTRE = evil = Chaoseraven. That will satisfy most of us.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

We can always play some Holdem Poker instead of Baccarat.

I like my chances.

And theo, that hurts. I so like where my vote is now... Not only does he imply I am a drunken something or other, but he is shocked I have to vote for him because I assumed he was calling me a lightweight drinker, which is about as insulting as you can be and not killed on the spot.