"Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 4: Qantaga missing

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, before we rush to vote Grund lets give someone a chance to counter.
someone?

Oh, wouldn't that be rich. Someone other than Grund counters that msteelers is lying.
Scoop20906

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 2 : Party Hearty!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop20906 wrote:What if the other baddie is Grund? He indirectly defend Lagom and has made long involved posts that were careful to say little but overall WW strategy. No vote registered thus far to limit his exposure to return votes.

I'm comfortable with testing Grund today.

Grundbegriff 

Had you a long time ago, Grund. :twisted:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, before we rush to vote Grund lets give someone a chance to counter.
someone?

Oh, wouldn't that be rich. Someone other than Grund counters that msteelers is lying.
I want to see what happens. For all we know it could be msteelers spoofing so he can get one more shot at Lewis. Remember thanks to Issy the rulez allow for a homerun chance by the baddies. This is a pretty good rulez set.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Heh, I had Qantaga as Lewis. Nice one. Either way we win. If Grund counters, we ground one of them. If that's Lewis he passes the machine to PlayerX, who is then protected by Scoop. We ground the other the next day.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scoop20906 wrote:Remember thanks to Issy the rulez allow for a homerun chance by the baddies. This is a pretty good rulez set.
:wub: Thanks, Scoop. I'm glad I was able to put together something interesting for the crew.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:and good job, Grund, getting us to actually bark up a few trees before we barked up yours.

Anyhow - like I said. Lagom lit him up! :horse:
I always give  Grundbegriff 

a few days to survive then it's time to lynch. Today was the day for me to vote for him. msteelers revelation just makes it that much better.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
someone?

if msteeler is evil then this move would be a colossal blunder.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grundbegriff (3): msteelers, Unagi, Lassr

Grundbegriff is at n-1
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Can we please PLEASE not push grund over the edge until he has a chance to say something. :twisted:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

there really is no reason because the only thing Grund could say to 'save himself' would be : "Wait, no - I am Lewis!"

And then you have two. And which are you going to lynch?

It may be fun to see what Grund would say though, but only sadistically
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Because I wanted to do it yesterday and you folks targeted theohall....
 Grundbegriff 

Fine. I'll wait but only because I am sadistic.

msteelers, you'll have to explain your scan choices to me as I don't get it. Why scan myself and Unagi? Did you not realize how much of a disadvantage we put the bad guys at by getting Lagom lynched? Or did you just figure the bad guys would make that play for some reason? I just find it odd that you found me to be the most scan worthy the same night Scoop thought I was the most protection worthy and the bad guy felt I was most target worthy. I don't actually doubt your claim. I'm just wondering at your logic. 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Fine. I'll wait but only because I am sadistic.
Thanks for taking the bait.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:I just find it odd that you found me to be the most scan worthy the same night Scoop thought I was the most protection worthy and the bad guy felt I was most target worthy. I don't actually doubt your claim. I'm just wondering at your logic.
I wanted to ask the same question. In regards to you.

meaning, I wanted to ask Msteelers that question... about you....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Checkmate.

Grundbegriff 

Excellent work, msteelers.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:Checkmate.

Grundbegriff 

we waited for this!? Grund committing suicide! Kind of nice actually. Don't think I recall a game where he committed suicide.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Checkmate.

Grundbegriff 

I was hoping for Grundstanding of some type but this is just as gratifying. Nice job working with a weak start.

So, now spill, why did you choose Remus after Lagom getting blown on Day One?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Having Lewis wheel out the DVRed scan from last night, the family watched as Lewis detailed the case against Grundbegriff. Feeling cornered, Grund dropped the disguise, revealing a flying bowler hat, DOR-15! Being surrounded, DOR-15, saw no other recourse but to self destruct, exploding in a hail of circuit boards.

The family survived unscathed. Lewis and Wilbur were able to salvage the memory boards and locate the baddies' hideout. They refueled the cruiser, found the site, and freed their missing family members. Once everyone was back together, they finished off the party with a grand celebration and fireworks, bid Lewis a fond farewell, and had Wilbur return him to his own time.

Robinsons win!

If no one objects, I'll share the PMs that I got throughout the game.
theohall

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

Post by theohall »

If Scoop would have trusted Remus West instinct, this could have ended a full day sooner.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

theohall wrote:If Scoop would have trusted Remus West instinct, this could have ended a full day sooner.
Well, Remus wouldn't have even been around if I hadn't protected him on Night One.

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Remus West wrote:msteelers, you'll have to explain your scan choices to me as I don't get it. Why scan myself and Unagi? Did you not realize how much of a disadvantage we put the bad guys at by getting Lagom lynched? Or did you just figure the bad guys would make that play for some reason? I just find it odd that you found me to be the most scan worthy the same night Scoop thought I was the most protection worthy and the bad guy felt I was most target worthy. I don't actually doubt your claim. I'm just wondering at your logic.
I wasn't necessarily trying to find the bad guy with my first two scans, so much as I was looking to gain as much information as possible. You and Unagi seemed like you were not only safe from being grounded the following day, but also safe from kidnapping. I was clearly wrong on you, since both scoop and grund had you nailed as the first potential Lewis. I just didn't see it. I was probably slightly blinded to what they were seeing, since I already knew that you couldn't be Lewis.

I thought about scanning scoop that first night, but I thought for sure that we would be grounding him the following day. I ended up scanning you ultimately because if scoop was evil then we were going to win anyway, and also because if I found out he was Robinson I would have to defend him and that might have tipped off the remaining bad guy that I was Lewis. Of course, it took a lot more effort to get him to N-1 than I thought it would. Otherwise I would have scanned him. Still, I think that pushing so hard for scoop, stessier, and theohall kept me on a lot of peoples "possible evil" lists which is exactly where I wanted to be.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:If Scoop would have trusted Remus West instinct, this could have ended a full day sooner.
I'm partly to blame for that. I was worried about having blinders on so I did not push as hard as I could have. Also, I'd been "after" Grund for 2 days not 1.

Isgrimnur, I'm fine with you sharing my PMs.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

1. Qantaga - Frankie
2. Unagi - Uncle Gaston
3. Scoop20906 - Wilbur
4. msteelers - Lewis
5. stessier - Uncle Fritz
6. theohall - Aunt Petunia
7. Lassr - Spike
8. Lagom Lite - Bowler Hat Guy (Lucille Krunklehorn)
9. Newcastle - Dmitri
10. Chaosraven - Uncle Art
11. Remus West - Carl
12. Grundbegriff - DOR-15 (Uncle Lazlo)

Since you guys threatened to break my game through a mass outing ( :wink: ), I had to retroactively give cover identities to the baddies.

Night 1

Lewis (msteelers) - Remus West
Wilbur - Remus West
BHG - Grounded
DOR-15 - Remus West

Night 2

Lewis (msteelers) - Unagi
Wilbur (Scoop20906) - Scoop20906
BHG (Lagom Lite) - Grounded
DOR-15 (Grundbegriff) - Newcastle

Night 3

Lewis (msteelers) - Grundbegriff
Wilbur (Scoop20906) - chaosraven
BHG (Lagom Lite) - Grounded
DOR-15 (Grundbegriff) - Qantaga

I'm amazed the game this far. Once you pegged LL on Day 1 and Grund had so much attention early, I really thought that this game was going to go down in three phases.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Aside from the holes in the rules and the name screw up, any other thoughts/comments on the game?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Isgrimnur wrote:Aside from the holes in the rules and the name screw up, any other thoughts/comments on the game?
I had a great time, and thought that the rule twists were minor enough to keep the game familiar while also feeling pretty fresh. Knowing that the bad guys could win at any point just by finding the machine upped the intensity. The bad guys were given a really bad blow by losing Lagom at the beginning, and then clashing with Scoop over Remus. But Grund still could have pulled the game out, something that most likely wouldn't have happened in a regular WW game.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur wrote:If no one objects, I'll share the PMs that I got throughout the game.
Fine with me.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

yeah share my pm, am cool with that.

Yeah good game all. I wish i would have stuck with hounding grund on day 2 i think, instead of stessier. but them's the breaks. real stroke of luck nailing lagom on day 1.

Fun overall. I like the home run threat for the bad guys also, nifty twist.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Let's see.

First, I don't regard my capitulation as a suicide, since there was really no play left for me. I could've claimed Lewis and gone through the motions of a showdown, but I was already on borrowed time.

I really had four guesses as to where I might find Lewis.

Lagom Lite and I communicated either not at all or only to say "hi". I went to work, and next thing I knew, he was gone. So it was a race from that point forward. I had had no time to design a final gambit for him, and had barely positioned myself at all, much less for a solo game.

Based on play, my first two guesses at the identity of Lewis were Remus West and Qantaga. I decided to attack Remus because I thought it unlikely that he'd be protected; I didn't see Scoop's move coming, and I'm still not sure I understand it. But the net result of Scoop's protection, from my perspective, is that Remus we eliminated as a Lewis candidate. That's why I didn't kill him when he was a sitting duck.

Although I suspected Qantaga, a particular exchange between Remus and Newcastle about how Lewis should proceed -- in particular, Newcastle's part in that discussion -- suggested to me that Newc might be Lewis, so I decided to backburner Qantaga and take a stab at Newcastle. Whiff.

I told Isgrimnur that I'd be taking Qantaga. When the day ended and he prompted me to confirm, I went through everything he had posted and everything msteelers had posted. I believed one or the other had to be Lewis, and I considered carefully whether to switch to msteelers. However, rereading his full participating convinced me that he wasn't Lewis, and Qantaga's silent, stubborn vote on the first day whispered another tale. But I was wrong. msteelers successfully hid himself from me right down to the endgame.

When Isgrimnur PM'd me that Qantaga was normal, I knew my only hope for an endgame was a blunder on the part of Lewis. The scanning pattern of Remus and Unagi was perhaps weak enough that I could've tried to exploit it, but short of a blunder to make the pattern seem contrived, I had little to work with. End.

Chaosraven: if I had stolen msteelers last night, triggering dawn, would you have picked me and saved him?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Probably not. Certainly not a definitive 'it is Grund!'
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

So everything hinged on choosing between Qantaga and msteelers.

Again, a kudos to msteelers.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I figured Q for Lewis, and the Unagi/msteelers exchange about Evil knowing who they kidnapped threw both of them higher than you for me. Of course, it turns out to be pure Unagi Paranoia and msteelers Gosh Innocence...
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Isgrimnur, was this your first time hosting? I think you came up with an interesting twist on classic werewolf, and that you managed it pretty well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yes, this was my first game. I'd been pondering it for a while, but nothing had suggested it to me as a possible scenario until I came across a reminder for the film. I thought it lent itself well to a game.

I appreciate the feedback and the thoughts on the twist. I figured the baddies needed something since they were facing 5:1 odds to start, and the part of the machine added something new.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:If no one objects, I'll share the PMs that I got throughout the game.
Fine with me.
Fine with me, too.

Issy, I thought the game was a good deal of fun. The 'passing the seer' effect for a lynched grounded seer, and then also the 'sudden death' aspect of losing the Seer=Game where VERY interesting game mechanics to work with. I think you did a great job. I feel like I wish there was some better sollution to the sudden death than Wilburs random guess, but in some ways - that's clean and simple.

Oh wait!

The one thing I wanted to give you as 'constructive'... When you do you vote totals... Add the list of everyone playing (or perhaps I', saying: be sure to always have the list of 'who hasn't voted' too) there were a few times where I needed to re-construct who was still playing, etc - but you had just given a vote update. If that makes sense... That was really the only thing I wanted you to do that you weren't doing. :D

- - -
For me, I thought (early) that Remus was maybe Lewis and his argument that we should not lynch Scoop was actually him saying that he perhaps scanned him. But, when Remus was announced as 'previously protected', and yet he didn't demand that he was grounded (to protect the machine), I was pretty sure he would be blown off the next night.

Personally, I thought I dropped maybe too many hints that I was Lewis. Note: I never once tried to pretend to be Lewis until stessier said he thought I was. I really don't know why he thought that was how I would signal that I had scanned Newcastle good.

Theohall honestly concerned me, since he never once proclaimed any concern about me.
stessier (IMO) really did come across as defeated in his defense of himself. It was odd. (Newcastle said he felt that from his posts too). So, I felt almost like we had to test him.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:I figured Q for Lewis

yep, me too.

Grund was getting my vote this round barring Lewis finding the evil elsewhere.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
First, I don't regard my capitulation as a suicide, since there was really no play left for me.
OK, fine. It was still a joy to watch you capitulate even though it was a quick capitulation but not quite pre-mature.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
First, I don't regard my capitulation as a suicide, since there was really no play left for me.
OK, fine. It was still a joy to watch you capitulate even though it was a quick capitulation but not quite pre-mature.
I live to serve. :D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah, fun set of rulez. The machine (pass the Seer) wrinkle is going to get stolen by me at some point. Nice job, Issy.

I thought Grund did a nice job of playing it cool, pushing here and there but staying consistently unevil looking to me. On the 2nd day I was convinced he was the 2nd baddie but I lost my zeal to chase down grund and turned to theohall who I thought was playing careful and quiet. Like I said, my baddie radar is hopelessly broken right now and I need to stick to just the fundamentals.

I'm confused about Grund's comment about protecting Remus. To me it seemed like a perfect project attempt. Evil had just lost his partner and why not go for the guy that had just nailed him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm confused about Grund's comment about protecting Remus. To me it seemed like a perfect project attempt. Evil had just lost his partner and why not go for the guy that had just nailed him.
I think maybe you and I are the only ones giving me credit for the Lagom lynch. :wub:
theohall

Post by theohall »

In your defense, Scoop, I did play this game completely different than most - truthfully because I was kinda burned out, I guess. Although, Grund's Day One posts and analysis really stood out to me as being wrong. Not exactly sure why, but they did.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Great game all.

Very nicely done msteelers. Congrats to all the Robinsons. Kudos also to Grund and Lagom for keeping things exciting.

I loved the game Isgrimnur. Your write-ups were great and I enjoyed the Robinson flairs interspersed throughout.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear