"Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm confused about Grund's comment about protecting Remus. To me it seemed like a perfect project attempt. Evil had just lost his partner and why not go for the guy that had just nailed him.
Going after the guy who just nailed him wasn't a relevant move.

I guess I look/ed at it this way:

In a normal werewolf game, going for vengeance might make sense. Killing the guy who cannot possibly be protected makes sense. Killing the Guardian when he cannot possibly be protecting himself makes sense. Killing Uncle Fester after he outs himself makes sense.

However, this was not a normal werewolf game. The goal wasn't to reduce numbers efficiently; the goal was to find Lewis.

I saw Remus causing trouble for Lagom, but I also saw Unagi causing trouble for Lagom. And I saw Lagom causing trouble for Lagom. And one or two others pitched in. So if I had been a Protector, I wouldn't have run automatically to the defense of the guy who caused the most trouble for evil, because that's not a relevant criterion. I would've run to the defense of the guy Evil was most likely to suspect of Lewishood.

As it happens, the guy I chose as my first Lewis candidate happened to be the guy you thought had caused the most trouble for Lagom. Tant pis pour moi.

It did, however, nearly prove that Remus wasn't Lewis; so I didn't have to spend any more time on that. For if Remus had been Lewis, then the following would've been true:

Evils were Lagom and Grundbegriff
Remus was Lewis
Grundbegriff targeted Remus/Lewis on his first try
Scoop/Wilbur protected Remus/Lewis on his first try

And the odds of that cluster seemed so extremely remote that I saw no reason to consider the possibility further.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:And I saw Lagom causing trouble for Lagom.
:doh: :oops:

Well, I played tongue-in-cheek, as always. And I got lynched for it, as always... I need to break this trend.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:

Well, I played tongue-in-cheek, as always. And I got lynched for it, as always... I need to break this trend.
To be fair, you hardly had an opportunity to develop a position. The rabble were after you almost immediately.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:

To be fair, you hardly had an opportunity to develop a position. The rabble were after you almost immediately.
Yeah!

Rabble!

;)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rabble, rabble, rabble.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

I still don't understand the reasoning behind the scans, but Yippeeee, we won! :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Gailsky

Birkenstock Clogs

Post by Gailsky »

When this brand happens, folks are certain that they'd get just the elegant and classy looking dressing that has to be perfect for armoire. You can quickly locate such casual clothes are deluxe and stylish. These are intended to meet the requirements of those both males and females who are in between the ages of 18 to 22 years.

Man, I'm so tired of the elegant and classy fashions being targeted toward 18-22 year olds. Rest of spam redacted in disgust.
Last edited by $iljanus on Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.