"Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Robinsons win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 3: Newcastle is missi

Post by theohall »

Just to be clear, Scoop. I don't really care. Feel free to waste your time grounding me.
Isgrimnur

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 3: Someone's missing!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chaosraven (0): Lassr, theohall, Unagi, msteelers, Unagi
theohall (2): Scoop20906, msteelers, Unagi
Grundbegriff (1): Remus West, Unagi, theohall
Unagi (0): Grundbegriff

Majority is five
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:In which case, I believe Unagi or Msteelers is the better choice today.
One of the things I did notice rereading was that msteelers placed his vote on Lagom at a time when I was the largest train and msteelers vote brought it into a tie. He could easily have placed a vote on me or anyone else without creating the difficulties for side Evil that Lagom's growing train presented.

Also, if Lewis has not scanned anyone from that subgroup then why would we not go after one of that subgroup and thus make it smaller?
uh ,dude? Both of them ARE members of that subgroup.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh. :oops:

That'll teach me not to keep full track of who you find suspicious versus who I do.

I would rather ground Grund.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:
theohall wrote:Chaosraven needs to be moved. CR could be spoofing Uncle Art.
I could be spoofing Wilbur also. We both claimed roles have in no way been proven.
Well not really at all.

First (and mostly), you claimed a role while no one was dead. The fact that no one countered your claim is meaningful. The fact that no one countered Chaos' claim is much less so.

Your role also Did Something (protected Remus) and you announced that. It is something the Remus has, in effect, confirmed... He was protected. (of course, evil knew he was protected too, but that still leaves us with the last evil person not wanting to fake the role of a living player)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Ok, I guess we are still waiting on Grund to comment on if he is Lewis and made the scans right? Everyone else has checked in.
I'm here. I'm not Lewis.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok. Let's vote. I can vote for Theohall, msteelers or Grund in order is suspicion.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
I could be spoofing Wilbur also. We both claimed roles have in no way been proven.
Well not really at all.

First (and mostly), you claimed a role while no one was dead. The fact that no one countered your claim is meaningful. The fact that no one countered Chaos' claim is much less so.

Your role also Did Something (protected Remus) and you announced that. It is something the Remus has, in effect, confirmed... He was protected. (of course, evil knew he was protected too, but that still leaves us with the last evil person not wanting to fake the role of a living player)
Just explaining to Theohall how I categoried things.

theohall

Post by theohall »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Well not really at all.

Just explaining to Theohall how I categoried things.
Which makes absolutely no sense - as Unagi pointed out. But then again, good Scoop never makes sense.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Just a point, but I never confirmed I was attacked. I have no way of knowing aside from the fact that Scoop says I was and that I remain here without anyone having died to make Scoop's role claim a possible lie.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:Just a point, but I never confirmed I was attacked. I have no way of knowing aside from the fact that Scoop says I was and that I remain here without anyone having died to make Scoop's role claim a possible lie.
That was pretty much what I was saying.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:It is something the Remus has, in effect, confirmed... He was protected. (of course, evil knew he was protected too, but that still leaves us with the last evil person not wanting to fake the role of a living player)
This is what I was responding to, Scoop. I haven't confirmed or denied anything. I'm not in position to know what happened. I think that is what Unagi meant with the "in effect" but I wanted it to be clear. I think I muddied it though. :?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:It is something the Remus has, in effect, confirmed... He was protected. (of course, evil knew he was protected too, but that still leaves us with the last evil person not wanting to fake the role of a living player)
This is what I was responding to, Scoop. I haven't confirmed or denied anything. I'm not in position to know what happened. I think that is what Unagi meant with the "in effect" but I wanted it to be clear. I think I muddied it though. :?
Yeah-- Remus hasn't (in effect or otherwise) confirmed anything. The Scoop-Remus Nexus™ hinges on exactly one fact: that Scoop went uncontested in his claim to be Wilbur while everyone was alive.

I'm ok with testing  theohall 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Just a point, but I never confirmed I was attacked. I have no way of knowing aside from the fact that Scoop says I was and that I remain here without anyone having died to make Scoop's role claim a possible lie.
What!?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
What!?
(a) Remus has no mechanism for knowing whether Evil attacked him
(b) Scoop claimed Wilbur while everyone was alive
(c) Nobody contested Scoop's claim
(d) Only if someone had died would it be possible for Scoop's role claim to be a lie. As someone alive, Remus is a co-contributor to the impossibility that Scoop is exploiting a death. [My paraphrase of that last bit].

Making sense now?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Like I said before, it's only a 'secondary point', (in that Scoop was uncontested, while everyone was around to contest) - however:

.... and never mind - I went to dig up the isgrimnur quote and I found it to be not what I thought....
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:BTW: Isgrimnur: Is Wilbur told if he successfully defended by night?
Yes, he is informed that he successfully defended his protection target.
I don't know why now, but at the time I could have sworn we asked if the target knew he was protected. I've just been running with the idea that Remus was told he was protected.

But, whatever - still: Scoop's claim <> Chaos' claim.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Unagi wrote:
What!?
(a) Remus has no mechanism for knowing whether Evil attacked him
(b) Scoop claimed Wilbur while everyone was alive
(c) Nobody contested Scoop's claim
(d) Only if someone had died would it be possible for Scoop's role claim to be a lie. As someone alive, Remus is a co-contributor to the impossibility that Scoop is exploiting a death. [My paraphrase of that last bit].

Making sense now?
I've never had any issue with b,c,d - in fact those have been my points to scoop. I erred on (a) - but it's meaningless, since b,c,d cover everything
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

(Grund, you corrected me as I was correcting myself - in case there is some confusion)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Looks like we are ready to go and theohall is the target. I don't know what the vote count is so here's mine just in case it's needed.

theohall 

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Hmmm...

My head is spinning.

-Chaos is either Uncle Art or the remaining baddie (what a great play to try to get Lewis to reveal himself if Newcastle or stessier (unlikely since he had the chance to own up to being Uncle Art when I specifically asked him) were Uncel Art).
-Scoop and Remus are tied together, most likely Wilbur and successful protect.
-Lassr is most likely good.
-Lewis hasn't found the last bad guy yet.

It looks like Lassr's vote grounded theo, so here's hoping that seals the victory for us Robinsons. (Realizing that, strangely enough, just hoping for a Robinson victory apparently casts suspicion on me in this crowd :) ).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Is there a scenario where the baddie chose not to kill someone and the claimed Wilbur and the real Wilbur kept quiet? I'm not saying it's likely but that is possible, right?

Isgrimnur

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 3: Someone's missing!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chaosraven (0): Lassr, theohall, Unagi, msteelers, Unagi
theohall (5): Scoop20906, msteelers, Unagi , Unagi, Grundbegriff, Lassr
Grundbegriff (1): Remus West, Unagi, theohall
Unagi (0): Grundbegriff

Voting is closed
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

After much deliberation and recrimination, it was found that theohall smelled a little too soapy. An empty bottle of soap was found with his belongings. theohall is sent outside with a mop and bucket while the party continues inside.

As the evening ends, everyone returns to their quarters, while theohall is sent off to join stessier in being grounded. Grateful to finally have some company, both of them stay up and talk through the night, commiserating in their boredom

theohall was a Robinson

It is the beginning of the night phase:

Lewis: Who will you scan?
Wilbur: Who will you protect?

Bowler Hat Guy: Who will you kidnap?
DOR-15: Who will you scan?

*any other players identified are for story purposes only and do not represent any game information.
theohall

Post by theohall »

:binky: :P :binky:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Qantaga wrote:Hmmm...

My head is spinning.

-Chaos is either Uncle Art or the remaining baddie (what a great play to try to get Lewis to reveal himself if Newcastle or stessier (unlikely since he had the chance to own up to being Uncle Art when I specifically asked him) were Uncel Art).
-Scoop and Remus are tied together, most likely Wilbur and successful protect.
-Lassr is most likely good.
-Lewis hasn't found the last bad guy yet.

It looks like Lassr's vote grounded theo, so here's hoping that seals the victory for us Robinsons. (Realizing that, strangely enough, just hoping for a Robinson victory apparently casts suspicion on me in this crowd :) ).
only your apparent need to state it in public. "oh guys I hope we WIN! Go Team NotEvil! WOOOOOOO!" ;) G'damned Cheerleader.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Chaosraven wrote:only your apparent need to state it in public. "oh guys I hope we WIN! Go Team NotEvil! WOOOOOOO!" ;) G'damned Cheerleader.

So, I shouldn't hope for a Robinson victory?
Chaosraven

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Night 3: theohall grounde

Post by Chaosraven »

That wide-eyed innocent look is tainted by the sneer of sarcasm. Did you have a moment of panic when you realized there was no way to get your vote off your partner? Perhaps you hadn't checked in for a while and by then it was too late. A frenzy of PM with Lagom assuring you it would be alright.
"Where are you off to?"

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

If you're really interested in finding the last bad guy (and you're not spoofing Uncle Art), you'll be able to go back early in the thread and see that I checked in plenty and had ample opportunity to pull my vote of Lagom.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:theohall is sent off to join stessier
Ha ha, no cable for you. :P

I'm irritated by that vote.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I wish he hadn't talked up how much he didn't care. That and his total lack of "Ohh noes, Unagi!" this game was what made me feel he was perhaps hiding in plain sight.

I know where I am voting tomorrow, should I survive the night.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:theohall is sent off to join stessier
Ha ha, no cable for you. :P

I'm irritated by that vote.
Hey, the final baddie is doing a great job, right now. You have to admit he hasn't given us a real clue to latch onto. Tonight should be interesting.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:You have to admit he hasn't given us a real clue to latch onto.
No. No, I do not.
Isgrimnur

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 4: Qantaga missing

Post by Isgrimnur »

As you rise in the morning, a pall has fallen over the family. You've had to ground two of your family for their ill-advised pranks and there's been no sign of Newcastle. As you descend to breakfast, you look around and count heads. It appears that Qantaga has not made an appearance yet. You head to check his room and see that the window is open and his footprints are seen in the lawn. But they appear to be an odd gait. You're filled with dread that something has happened and he did not leave of his own volition.

Heading for the garage, determined to find what's going on, you find that the cars have been left on empty. Someone didn't re-fill the tanks when they brought them back. As things are getting dicey around the Robinson compound and the cards are desperately needed, a grounding is in order.

It is Day 4. Vote for grounding. There are seven players remaining, majority is at four.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Alright everyone, it's time to end this. I am Lewis and Grund is DOR-15.

Grundbegriff 

I scanned him last night, as my list of players that I had no information on was reduced to two: Grund and Qantaga. Everyone else was either already scanned, had claimed a role, or were grounded. I scanned Remus the first night and Unagi the second night.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Good, I was going to come in here 30 minutes ago with my vote on him - but didn't want to give away (yet again) that I may not be Lewis...

Anyhow - good job!

Grundbegriff 

Yes, msteelers could be lying about being Lewis - but really?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

and good job, Grund, getting us to actually bark up a few trees before we barked up yours.

Anyhow - like I said. Lagom lit him up! :horse:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

msteelers wrote:I scanned Remus the first night and Unagi the second night.
I think it's funny how one (myself) goes about in a game thinking certain people trust them (msteelers), when in fact they don't.
:D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

msteelers wrote:Alright everyone, it's time to end this. I am Lewis and Grund is DOR-15.

Grundbegriff 

I scanned him last night, as my list of players that I had no information on was reduced to two: Grund and Qantaga. Everyone else was either already scanned, had claimed a role, or were grounded. I scanned Remus the first night and Unagi the second night.
NICE JOB!

Ok, before we rush to vote Grund lets give someone a chance to counter.

Scoop20906

Re: "Meet the Robinsons" WW game - Day 2 : Party Hearty!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Yeah, thats why it was surprising Lagom didn't claim to be Stewart when he had the chance to try to force Stewart to reveal himself. Because killing stewart could trigger the end game round (Dusk I think), we would have to wait for the real Stewart to come forward before grounding Lagom. Luckily, that didn't happen.

Something to think about when considering grounding candidates today. Who amongst us would miss this and not advise his partner accordingly?
Astute
This again strikes me as interesting.
Very cute, Grund. I should always beware when you give me compliments.