The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Third Toast

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:Revised:

Knowledge and Claims:

Code: Select all

Chaosraven [ ] mingblock(     ), mingblock(     ), -------?--------, -------?--------
Grundbegriff [ ] mingled(       ), mingled(       ), mingblock(     ), -------?--------
   Isgrimnur [N] mingblock(Vorre), mingblock(     ), -------?--------, -------?--------
  Kenetickid [N] -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------
       Lassr [ ] mingblock(     ), mingled(Isgrimn), mingblock(     ), -------?--------
   msteelers [ ] -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------
   Newcastle [ ] ImpededWineTheft, mingblock(     ), mingled(       ), -------?--------
     Qantaga [N] mingled(Kenetic), -------?--------, mingblock(Newca), -------?--------
      redrun [ ] ImpededWineTheft, -------?--------, mingblock(Newca), -------?--------
  Remus West [ ] mingled(       ), mingblock(Unagi), mingblock(     ), -------?--------
    rshetts2 [ ] mingblock(Vorre), ImpededWineTheft, -------?--------, -------?--------
    theohall [ ] mingled(Isgrimn), mingled(       ), -------?--------, -------?--------
       Unagi [ ] -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------, -------?--------
      Vorret [ ] -------?--------, mingled(       ), mingled(       ), -------?--------
3rd hour = impededwinetheft
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fourth Hour

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:So are you going to refute what Grund has down for your first hour?
:lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

theohall wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:So are you going to refute what Grund has down for your first hour?
that was to redrun, based on his pg7 post.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Players pending: Newcastle, Qantaga, rhsetts2, Kenetickid.

Deadline for the Fourth Hour is Friday October 1st, at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time

Failure to submit an Order before deadline results in that player doing nothing that Hour.
If the Red Death fails to submit an Order he will infect a random uninfected player.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I had a failed mingle last hour. I am quite the failure at randomness as Ive accomplished basically nothing so far. Id go for the Amontillado but it appears that people are already doing that so failure would be virtually assured. Since the numbers of masked people is dwindling my chances of a successful mingle seems slight. sigh I think Ill go sit in a corner and consume mass quantities of wine.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

rshetts2 wrote:I had a failed mingle last hour. I am quite the failure at randomness as Ive accomplished basically nothing so far. Id go for the Amontillado but it appears that people are already doing that so failure would be virtually assured. Since the numbers of masked people is dwindling my chances of a successful mingle seems slight. sigh I think Ill go sit in a corner and consume mass quantities of wine.
+1

/hands his flask over to rshetts
"Thankfully I smuggled this in here prior"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:I had a failed mingle last hour. I am quite the failure at randomness as Ive accomplished basically nothing so far. Id go for the Amontillado but it appears that people are already doing that so failure would be virtually assured. Since the numbers of masked people is dwindling my chances of a successful mingle seems slight. sigh I think Ill go sit in a corner and consume mass quantities of wine.
+1

/hands his flask over to rshetts
"Thankfully I smuggled this in here prior"

At least you guys still have on your masks. Now that everyone knows who I am, no one wants to talk to me anymore. :(

So, uh, how much does that flask hold?

Cause if you don't feel like sharing, I'm going to search the pantry for the everyday wine. I might not get my hands on any Amontillado, but I can at least scare up a little Boone's Farm. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I can share mine.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

With no coordination at all, this game is a disaster. As the number of unmasked dwindles, the odds of failed activity rises. It will do us little good to unmask 11 nobles if (a) F does not mingle twice with rd, or (b) M is unable to mingle with F after someone who has given F wine mingles with M or M mingles twice with F. All that nets us is a final unmasking of RD with everyone dying. Or the twelfth umasking (or thirteenth) with our two avenues of escape killed. The unmasking of nobles has been good to keep us from accidently exposing RD and possibly losing quickly, but how has our success rate been for the game?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

BTW, I'm Montresor.

If you know the identity of Fortunato, feel free to inform me! :D

:horse:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:BTW, I'm Montresor.

:shock:
well not really a shock. I had you as M or F or a MF.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well if that doesn't take the friggin' cake.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:well not really a shock. I had you as M or F or a MF.

I guess there's an outside chance that I'm the Red Death. ;)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lagom Lite wrote:Players pending: Newcastle, Qantaga, rhsetts2, Kenetickid.

Deadline for the Fourth Hour is Friday October 1st, at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
well, if the four of you haven't put in your order yet, here's hoping you are reading along. Lonely Fat Bastard ISO single mingling, race unimportant. Heavy smoker, HEAVY DRINKER. Bring enough to share in the event of unwelcome visitors. Love, Fortunado.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:well not really a shock. I had you as M or F or a MF.

I guess there's an outside chance that I'm the Red Death. ;)
sadly, dear, there's not. You are M. I had my hopes...
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

According to two sources thus far (grund and remus) someone has wine. So I can have a friend. What can be done to get a few more?
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Players pending: Kenetickid.

Failure to submit an Order before deadline results in that player doing nothing that Hour.
If the Red Death fails to submit an Order he will infect a random uninfected player.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:BTW, I'm Montresor.

Really?? I would have never known.

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
redrun wrote:...So, let's up the score, yes? Tonight I'm going to get something better to drink. Mr. M is welcome to visit me - it'll be a waste of his time, but it will prevent me from heading downstairs.
theohall wrote:I intend to try for a bottle of Montressor's Amantillado next hour. Just throwing it out there.
Well... if we both try, then M should block one of us and one of us should get through, right? Unless someone else decides to Sneak without sharing.
Why would M bother?
Who knows if either of us is telling the truth?
What is that on your necktie?
Nothing to see here, M. Move along. Move along.
:tjg:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

dear red death,

please infect kinetic kid please...then can you please, please please get yourself unmasked to knock him out of hte game...

sincerely,

newcastle

PS: no need for you to visit me...not worth your time there kind sir..
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Chaosraven wrote:According to two sources thus far (grund and remus) someone has wine. So I can have a friend. What can be done to get a few more?
Hi!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So, if we believe those two and I really see no reason not to, then us Nobles may be screwed unless we have a lottery to see who gets wine or visits F then M before F is unmasked (we cannot toast Chaosraven).

Those 2 reveals just caused a tremendous traffic jam.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Enormous Yawner

I, for one, will not be joining any game with Kenetickid in it for a good long while.
I don't think he even bothered to address the fact that he disappeared last game too, it'd go a long way to simply communicate an ounce of regret or something.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr wrote:Those 2 reveals just caused a tremendous traffic jam.
Unfortunately I had already tried to mingle with one of them before the announcements. I have a feeling I'll be blocked this hour. :x
redrun

Post by redrun »

Chaosraven wrote:According to two sources thus far (grund and remus) someone has wine. So I can have a friend. What can be done to get a few more?
-- Going back to our pre-game discussion, I've pulled out a few lines for folks to think about:
Lagom Lite, AKA The Evil Overlord wrote: You've understood the rules perfectly, and it will indeed be a tough nut to crack if the Nobles can't work as a team.
Lagom Lite, AKA The Evil Overlord wrote: And I think you are underestimating the Nobles - they are the only players who can organize themselves openly.
Lagom Lite, AKA The Evil Overlord wrote:Nobles are free to organize themselves in the open game thread.
-- We already know that Mr. F & Mr. M cannot both win. We're far enough into the game that a limited number of nobles can hope to make it. It only takes three players to block everyone else - one goes for wine every night, one visits Mr. F & one visits Mr. M. Given the information just give out by Grund & Chaos (assuming both are being completely honest - which would be unusual, but not unlikely at the present time :cry: ) we're at a point where we either find a way for some to survive, or we block each other for the rest of the game. Of course, it is still possible for Mr. F to find the Red Death and win.

-- Ideas, suggestions?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

lets talk after this hour is up
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Unagi wrote:lets talk after this hour is up
Agreed. We'll have more info to work with then.

Well... I probably wont. But some other people might.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I agree.
I need to meet some special people.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

yeah, everyone's submitted their orders already...well except kenetickid which should be changed to potentialkid.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'll remind him. I guess it really is up to the rest of you how to proceed. You need wine to get on my good side, but questions for lagom: what constitutes Known Identity: unmasked? Singlemingle? Inthread reveal? for as long as a wine bearer mingles with me, he will get on my good side and block M. If the winebearer decides to mingle with M, he can then mingle twice with me to allow them to win unless I have found and remingled RD first. It will require one loyal winebearer to continue to mingle with me in a blocking move to stop M.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Now how to get wine? Two should go, so M cannot stop them both, but knowing two are headed down, as M has pointed out, he needn't bother as they block each other. If M were inclined to go after meF (and I guess the extra Fs were too subtle, eh?) for his victory condition, he would not be blocking the sneak. So betraying me to M may give you better chance to get wine. For those who are not already in position to win...
"Where are you off to?"

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I kinda need to meet F.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm getting block from visiting Chaosraven tonight. At least that means I'm likely to get more drink though.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fourth Toast

Post by Lagom Lite »

THE FOURTH TOAST

”And the revel went whirlingly on, until at length there commenced the sounding of the clock.

’A toast, Signori!’ cried the guests.”

To whom will you Toast?

Majority is 8.

Players remaining:

1. Isgrimnur, a Noble of the Isgrimnuri family
2. theohall
3. Chaosraven
4. Grundbegriff
5. Newcastle
6. msteelers
7. Qantaga, a Noble of the Qantagi family
8. rshetts2
9. redrun
10. Vorret
11. Kenetickid, a Noble of the Connecticutti family
12. Unagi
13. Remus West
14. Lassr

Deadline for the Fourth Toast is Saturday October 2nd, at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Failure to reach a majority vote before deadline results in Toasting to a random masked player.

Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chaosraven wrote:what constitutes Known Identity: unmasked? Singlemingle? Inthread reveal?
Unmasked or Singlemingle only. Inthread reveal could be a lie, you know.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fourth Toast

Post by Lagom Lite »

Mod note: I'm off to a wedding in the countryside this weekend. I'll be back in two days. No internet access means no updates until then.
Is there anyone in hell?

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

well that was an interesting hour.
It should confirm my sneakiness of the first hour.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I have to say that I am not really enjoying this. I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished - been blocked each hour - and do not see that changing.

So, I'm letting you know right now that I will be going after Wine every hour until I get it. If you choose to also try Sneaking we will likely not get anywhere at all.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:well that was an interesting hour.
It should confirm my sneakiness of the first hour.
You suck. No only did I get blocked Mingling with Chaosraven, I did not get any more tasty wine. :x
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

mingleblocked.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:I have to say that I am not really enjoying this. I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished - been blocked each hour - and do not see that changing.
Ditto.
It's almost as if people are the problem.