Global Thermonuclear War [WW] - Game Over - Alliance Wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Re: Global Thermonuclear War [WW] - Day 2 - Grund Oblite

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Unless I get nuked soon, I don't plan to win secretly...
Please explain why you would not use every possible way to win? This sounds way off to me. Unless you have a secret power which can help you win without winning via secret alliance. Only Rogue Nations have that power.
See, this is what I had been talking about. Although I do find it funny that if he gets nuked he will try to win secretly. Talk about a come from behind victory. That one would be legend-wait for it-ary.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Unless I get nuked soon, I don't plan to win secretly...
Please explain why you would not use every possible way to win? This sounds way off to me. Unless you have a secret power which can help you win without winning via secret alliance. Only Rogue Nations have that power.
See, this is what I had been talking about. Although I do find it funny that if he gets nuked he will try to win secretly. Talk about a come from behind victory. That one would be legend-wait for it-ary.

We hide under the ice, unsuspected, then BAM!
We strike with all the might of Canada!

See, I know I can't win if I get nuked, but, the way I see things is if we all cooperate (well, the good nations anyway) we can win without SA.

But hey, feel free to try and form one, see how that worked out for Grund.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Scoop20906

Re: Global Thermonuclear War [WW] - Day 2 - Grund Obliterate

Post by Scoop20906 »

Voting History:
theohall acc Vorret
theohall wd Vorret

Vote Talley:
None

Players with no votes: Theohall, Semaj, Qantaga, Chaosraven, rshetts2, msteelers, Vorret, Remus West, Isgrimnur

Majority is 5 votes. The deadline for voting is Friday, October 22, 2010 at 10:00 pm ET
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Well, we need to vote soon and Chaos refuses to post information that could be vital to other good nations...

With nothing to go on and no good info to rely on, I kinda have to hope and get lucky that nobody lynches me (and it seems to be either me or Quantaga right now)

So my "only" move to stay alive is to try and backstab my supposed Evil friend, sorry Quantaga but my ass is on the line here and even though I have no reason at all to suspect you, my survival comes first! :?

Quantaga 

Hopefully, someone will post valuable information before the day ends that could potentially save your butt :)
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

While I disagree with his motivation please do be aware that I will push the button should Qantaga reach the edge.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Vorret wrote:Well, we need to vote soon and Chaos refuses to post information that could be vital to other good nations...

With nothing to go on and no good info to rely on, I kinda have to hope and get lucky that nobody lynches me (and it seems to be either me or Quantaga right now)

So my "only" move to stay alive is to try and backstab my supposed Evil friend, sorry Quantaga but my ass is on the line here and even though I have no reason at all to suspect you, my survival comes first! :?

Quantaga 

Hopefully, someone will post valuable information before the day ends that could potentially save your butt :)
this seems off to me... anyone else agree?

(ftr, I am now somewhat coherent... I think I am finally making proper English phrases when talking to my friends, it is kind of important, lol.... So is everyone playing every man for himself at this point? People are keeping the messages they monitored, people are not really (sans a few and they know who they are) sharing their evil matrices.

SO are we all just playing every man for himself?
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:But hey, feel free to try and form one, see how that worked out for Grund.
I'm getting blamed for being in them I may as well keep trying to be in them in the future. I admit I have been trying. Sadly, I have had as much luck with it as I've had scanning and since I don't even get to scan that should tell you something. So go ahead and nuke me tonight. The good guys will lose the least they possibly can and you (or your partner if you get lynched) might cost yourselves the game by missing an actual secret alliance. :P
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:While I disagree with his motivation please do be aware that I will push the button should Qantaga reach the edge.

I hope you are a rogue state Remus. If you are good, you are painting a big target on your own back.

You have mis-represented my posts no less than three times, which seems a strange thing for a good nation to do. To top it off, if I am voted off, especially with you providing the killing blow, it will look very bad for you when I am revealed as good. If you are good, the rogue states will use that to stir up votes against you, while the good nations will wonder why you attributed things to me that were not true and cast the deciding vote against me.

(Please note that, while this may at first read argumentative, I am saying none of this with a confrontational or malicious tone. I am only trying to provide information, so my "tone of voice" here is simply matter of fact).

As for the general idea of voting me off, that may not be a bad plan. If you all lynch me, the remaining super spy nation will be safe. I am not a super spy nation. However, I am not a rogue state, so that would be throwing away a lynch chance.
Semaj wrote:SO are we all just playing every man for himself?

It does appear that way.

I have already told all I know from my first two nights of monitoring and I have given my threat matrix. In case I do accumulate a few more lynch votes, I will tell the rest of what I know:

First night, I neither sent nor received any envoys.

Second night, I did not send an envoy, but I received two.

I rejected an envoy from Tuvalu (theohall).

I accepted an envoy from Italy (Grund). As of last night, Grund and I were alone in a temporary alliance. That alliance was shattered when Grund was obliterated.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:As of last night, Grund and I were alone in a temporary alliance. That alliance was shattered when Grund was obliterated.
So you are claiming to be certain Chaosraven was lying when he claimed to haave been allied with Grund?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:
Qantaga wrote:As of last night, Grund and I were alone in a temporary alliance. That alliance was shattered when Grund was obliterated.
So you are claiming to be certain Chaosraven was lying when he claimed to haave been allied with Grund?

No, I am not. Remember, from the rules:
Scoop20906 wrote:Once communication has been established both countries are considered in an "temporary" secret alliance. "Temporary" secret alliances do not trigger the Secret Alliance Victory condition.

Chaos could have been in a formal alliance with Grund, since they voted together on the first day. I was still in temporary status, but Grund and I never voted together, so my temporary status was never formalized.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

While I disagree with the strategy Qantaga is using, I find his arguments convincing enough that I'm willing to believe he is a good nation... for now anyway. On the other hand, Vorret remains as suspicious as ever.

Vorret 

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

msteelers wrote:While I disagree with the strategy Qantaga is using, I find his arguments convincing enough that I'm willing to believe he is a good nation... for now anyway. On the other hand, Vorret remains as suspicious as ever.

Vorret 

Hmm hm
well, allright then I don't know what more I can do to try and prove my goodwill...

I gave up all the information I've received when asked (note that not everyone is being so nice with their info) so I'm a bit confused as to why all the hate towards me (though, I'm sure rogue nation are having a great party right now since we can't work together...

:doh: :doh: :doh:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Semaj wrote: SO are we all just playing every man for himself?
Some of you are that's for sure.
I know I'm not.

I've been honest from night one !
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret wrote:
Semaj wrote: SO are we all just playing every man for himself?
Some of you are that's for sure.
I know I'm not.

I've been honest from night one !
You say this after having said that your survival comes first? You also said you felt it was down to Qantaga or you. Yet neither one of you had a vote at that point. Why so paranoid?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga is lying.

I was rejected by Grundbegriff's Italian Republic on Day One and sent my envoy elsewhere on Day Two. The country knows who they are and it was not the Solomon Islands.

Just don't know why.

Unfortunately, for the Secret Alliance thing to work, my supposed allies would have to agree to vote. Right now, I would like to accuse Qantaga, but do not want to force the alliances hand.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Very interesting indeed.

I can assure everyone that Tuvalu (theohall) did indeed send an envoy to me last night.

Obviously, one of us is lying.

I stand firmly behind my claim.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, the assumption based off of Theohall's post is that the nation he sent his envoy to accepted him or else he would tell. The other assumption based off of the claim of an intercepted message of acceptance from Theohall is that he accepted an alliance himself putting him at the center of three. That said, unless he skipped setting up a message for his envoy to deliver why would the monitor not get both messages if they existed?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote: That said, unless he skipped setting up a message for his envoy to deliver why would the monitor not get both messages if they existed?

Bingo.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Bah

withdraw  Quantaga 

Isgrimnur wrote:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So we have a theohall vs qantaga going? and once again, I have not revealed what I see as I am waiting to see if anyone heads to that player. With No Votes cast at that point, I want to see what happens.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Chaosraven wrote:So we have a theohall vs qantaga going?

So it would seem.

Looking at it from theo's point of view, I can't imagine what he (whether good or rogue) is gaining by denying the truth.

Looking at it from my point of view, I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying about it. I already had some attention from Remus and Vorret. I certainly wouldn't want to be caught in a random lie. I truly did receive an envoy from theohall last night.

You'd think both of us would be trying hard not to be caught in a lie. Yet, one of us is lying.

As for today's vote, we're going to have to start making some decisions. Otherwise, the decision will be made for us tomorrow night.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Qantaga wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:So we have a theohall vs qantaga going?

So it would seem.

Looking at it from theo's point of view, I can't imagine what he (whether good or rogue) is gaining by denying the truth.

Looking at it from my point of view, I have absolutely nothing to gain by lying about it. I already had some attention from Remus and Vorret. I certainly wouldn't want to be caught in a random lie. I truly did receive an envoy from theohall last night.

You'd think both of us would be trying hard not to be caught in a lie. Yet, one of us is lying.

As for today's vote, we're going to have to start making some decisions. Otherwise, the decision will be made for us tomorrow night.

That could actually make sense...
It could be the "fake" one that I intercepted I thought was going to RW but instead ended up being sent to Quantaga.

:grund:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Qantaga wrote: As for today's vote, we're going to have to start making some decisions. Otherwise, the decision will be made for us tomorrow night.
Well with what we have to work with, is it such a bad thing that a "random" nation is nuked?

We literally have NO idea who's good and who's rogue so any vote we make is speculation
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vorret 

He started the day at the top of my Rogue list. He hasn't done anything to lower my suspicions of him. We need to start some votes going even if we do not end up taking them to the end so that we can see where folks stand. Right now I'm not even sure we can get all the way to the required votes for anyone.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Might as well vote me off, I'll go join LL on the beach of nuked good nations!

I'll go with one of the 2 guys who are completly silent (rshetts and iggy) and actually pick the one LL thought was evil, that was my "first" idea at the beginning of the day so I'll stick to that.

rshetts2 

Oh and we'll see how Theo votes... well, he and his allies anyway.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Thats part of the reason for doing this.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

so we are voting?

Isgrimnur 

tis him or Rhetts... I hate silent people about as much as I hate Theo.... and Chaos...and... o god... everyone in this game.... I HATE YOU ALL!

yup... finally a little less jet lagged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm quiet because I'm having a hard time following everything and keeping a picture of what's going on.

That being said, I'll go with  theohall 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm quiet because I'm having a hard time following everything and keeping a picture of what's going on.

That being said, I'll go with  theohall 

sadly I cant argue with that
theohall

Post by theohall »

Vorret 

Something just is not right with him claiming he is not trying to win every way possible.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

so theo and RW going with the same vote...

Something smells fishy
Isgrimnur wrote:
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

sorry that I've been lite on posting. I've been working overtime, which means getting up at 4am .
It's hard for me to post at work, since I can only use.my phone. I'll also catch hell if I'm caught so I limit my posts to breaks.
Frankly since both my monitors have been fruitless and my one accepted envoy ended up being a trap for me, I haven't had much to add.
I could certainly spam the thread with mindless gibberish but we have Vorret handing that. Speaking of which, he gets my vote.  vorret 

Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Man it's a mess...

At least with people voting left and right, Canada still stands a chance to win with class !

:P
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Voting History:
theohall acc Vorret
theohall wd Vorret
Vorret acc Qantaga
msteelers acc Vorret
Vorret wd Qantaga
Remus West acc Vorret
Vorret acc rshetts2
Semaj acc Isgrimnur
Isgrimnur acc theohall
Theohall acc Vorret
rshetts2 acc Vorret

Vote Talley:
Vorret: 4 (msteelers, Remus West, theohall, rshetts2)
rshetts2: 1 (Vorret)
Isgrimnur: 1 (Semaj)
theohall: 1 (Isfrimnur)

Players with no votes: Qantaga, Chaosraven

Majority is 5 votes. The deadline for voting is Friday, October 22, 2010 at 10:00 pm ET

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Easy to see which way the wind is blowing. In the interest of keeping things moving and maybe getting back to a day phase before the weekend, I'll change over to  Vorret 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

withdraw vorret 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Crap. To slow.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, here is hoping that vorret is Rogue as my Secret Alliances just went cablooey and I have a feeling Theohall maintained his. :(
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

More annoying will be if Vorret was the guy Grund had cleared to Chaosraven since the last vote was cast without allowing him to speak up.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

VOTING IS CLOSED. WRITE UP WILL BE DONE THIS EVENING.

Voting History:
theohall acc Vorret
theohall wd Vorret
Vorret acc Qantaga
msteelers acc Vorret
Vorret wd Qantaga
Remus West acc Vorret
Vorret acc rshetts2
Semaj acc Isgrimnur
Isgrimnur acc theohall
Theohall acc Vorret
rshetts2 acc Vorret
Isgrimnur wd theohall
Isgrimnur acc Vorret

Vote Talley:
Vorret: 5 (msteelers, Remus West, theohall, rshetts2, Isgrimnur)
rshetts2: 1 (Vorret)
Isgrimnur: 1 (Semaj)

Players with no votes: Qantaga, Chaosraven