Arkham Horror II: Investigator victory declared!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 8 Encounters and Mythos

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:I believe i am down to 0 clues. So i think whoever is going to close the next gate should be the one who gets it. Als you brought up a good question -

Gryndyl - how does my heal work? Do i do it at the end of my turn? Can i move to Quantaga, then use it. Or is it cast prior to any movement? I also note my move is the first also.
Your healing goes during upkeep - before anyone moves. You need to share a location with the other player at the start of the turn to use it. Also, if you can get to the Admin Building(? I know it is one of the yellow buildings) I could give you the three dollars more you would need to buy a skill if you want. If you buy a skill you won't have an encounter though.

edit: Except looking at the board you are not and will not be in my path so I won't be able to give you money. Really just Chaosraven and Wargus.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

you teased me there with the cashola remus...bastard you? You headed to the hospital?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I have 8, be using 2 for my brain refill.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:I have 8, be using 2 for my brain refill.
Want me to leave $2 with you so you will still have 8 next turn?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:you teased me there with the cashola remus...bastard you? You headed to the hospital?
Sorry, didn't look to see where folks were. Yes, I will be at the hospital if you want cash.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Newcastle wrote:
Gryndyl -since i am barred from downtown, does that effectively shut me out of Bank and Asylum? As an choice of being move to from my end, not being moved there due to a game mechanic? Are those the only two place.

When do encounters happen? After I move or before the move...say i move and use up all my moves am i still eligible for an encounter?
Barred from Downtown means that you can't deliberately enter the Downtown Streets, the Bank, Arkham Asylum or Independence Square.

Encounters happen after movement. As long as your movement ends in a location you will have an encounter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

also gryndyl if i read the board right, the place i am at currently has a spell book icon...does that mean any encounter here might result in a new spell?

Also i think am going to sit tight here this round.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
certainly. Joe is not above a handout.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Newcastle wrote:also gryndyl if i read the board right, the place i am at currently has a spell book icon...does that mean any encounter here might result in a new spell?
Correct.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Qantaga wrote: If you end up staying on the Uninvited Isle, I can come to you. That way, we could both get an encounter, although I'm still not sure how the movement/healing thing works. You move before me, but hopefully, you would be able to heal me after the movement phase (when I'm in your location).
He wouldn't be able to heal you this turn. However, with you both having moved to the same place he will be able to heal you during the upkeep phase of the following turn. So I'm noting that as "announced".

In any case, have all the moves now so encounter PMs should start heading out today.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Gryndyl wrote:
Qantaga wrote: If you end up staying on the Uninvited Isle, I can come to you. That way, we could both get an encounter, although I'm still not sure how the movement/healing thing works. You move before me, but hopefully, you would be able to heal me after the movement phase (when I'm in your location).
He wouldn't be able to heal you this turn. However, with you both having moved to the same place he will be able to heal you during the upkeep phase of the following turn. So I'm noting that as "announced".

Perfect. Thanks Gryndyl.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:
certainly. Joe is not above a handout.
I will give $2 to Chaosraven before moving.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 9 Encounters

Harvey Walters (Newcastle)
Unvisited Isle
Near the heart of the tangled forest that covers the island you come upon an ancient prayer plaque. A gnarled tree has grown around it, the branches wrapping the stone and worming their way through it, obscuring the text. After a moment's reflection, you cast the Wither spell and watch with no small amount of self-satisfaction as the branches dry and twist themselves away into gray husks and brittle twigs. The plaque is easy to read now.
You have gained two spells!
Astral Travel: (cast mod -2 san cost 2) Instead of having an encounter, cast and exhaust to immediately enter any open gate in Arkham.
Feeding the Mind: (Cast mod -1 san cost 0) Upkeep: Cast and exhaust and sacrifice an amount of stamina equal to the number of successes rolled. For each stamina lost, gain 2 sanity.

Michael McGlen (Wargus)
Arkham Asylum
Padded floors and walls are actually pretty awesome...
+1 sanity

Darrell Simmons (Remus West)
St. Mary's Hospital
Sp/Sn: 5/1
Give $2 to chaosraven
Read cabala. Roll: 6,4, success!
Cabala discarded, skill gained.
Marksman: Exhaust to reroll a combat check
And here come the nurses!
-$2, Stamina refilled.

Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur)
Ye Olde Magick Shoppe
A few minutes of browsing through the musty parchments and you find something that looks at least mildly interesting.
-$5
Revelation of Script: (cast mod +1, san cost 0) Cast and exhaust to gain +3 to lore checks until the end of this phase. This bonus does not apply to spell checks.

Joe Diamond (Chaosraven)
Arkham Asylum
lose knife, holy water, cigarette case.
Seems rather crowded in the ol' Asylum today.
+$2, -$2. san restored

Amanda Sharpe (Qantaga)
Unvisited Isle
Sigh. An entirely fruitless trip, apart from a collection of fresh mosquito bites.
As you prepare to step back into your canoe to leave you hear a massive cracking noise in the forest, as if a tree has just snapped and fallen. The sound is followed by another crash, amidst a cacophony of breaking branches. A huge shadowy form towers out of the mists above you, pushing the trees aside as easily as if they were curtains.
The smell of rotting vegetation rolls off of it in waves and shattering dread pummels your mind
will-1 check: 3,1. fail. Clue spent: 4,1. Fail. Clue spent: 6,4, success!
-2 clues
You fight off the crippling panic and pile the others into the canoe, a frantic shove setting you afloat. You paddle for all you're worth, knowing that behind you, the great shadowy thing stands on the shore and watches.

Dexter Drake (rshetts2)
Police Station
The station is quieter than you would have expected, given all of the recent occurrences. You step up to the empty counter and lean over it, trying to see down the hallway behind it, looking for signs of life. You hear voices, two men approaching down the hall, arguing.
"But why would a killer perfume a body with lavender and peppermint?" one is asking, as they come into view.
lore-2 check: 6,6 success
"Ancient Egyptian embalming practices," you call out. "Smells a mite better than mummy." Sheriff Engle gives you a long, flat look.
"Well now," he says. "Aren't you just the font of odd information. I may have some other questions to run by you in the future."
+1 clue
You have gained the Private Investigator card.
Private Investigator: Upkeep: Exhaust to allow any other investigator to ignore being barred from a location for this turn only. Should you ever be barred from a location this card is lost.

Monterey Jack (Zurai)
Independence Square
F/W: -2/+2
The thing loping towards you might once have been a man, but now it's face is twisted into almost canine like features and its fingernails grown into long ragged black points.
Ghoul: (Ambush) horror +0 san -1 fight -1 stam -1 toughness 1
horror check: 6,6,4. Success
fight check: 6,6,5,5,5,3,3,2,1,1. 5 successes.
Gain ghoul as trophy
You take a half staggering step back from the steaming corpse at your feet, then turn away only to see an even worse horror has been waiting just behind you all along.
Ghost: (Physical Immunity, Undead) horror -2, san -2 fight -3 stam -2 toughness 1
horror check: 4 fail. -2 san
fight: 6,6,6,5,4,4,2,2. 4 succeses
Gain ghost as trophy
It appears that, now that you've made the Square safe for the public again, some Miskatonic Professors are setting up some sort of educational show based on the museum exhibit. You take a stroll through the booths, examining the few displays that they've gotten set up. (Lore-1 check: 5,2. Success!) Interesting. You've been to the Bent Pyramid but you certainly don't remember that particular hieroglyphic being there.
+1 clue (# of clues gained equal to focus)

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 0 of 5 Monster Count: 3 of 11 Terror Track: 4 of 10 Doom Track: 7 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 4 of 8
Last edited by Gryndyl on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryndyl

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 9 Encounters

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 9 Mythos

Miskatonic Breaches Levees
Torrential rains arrive and the Miskatonic river overflows and drowns the streets of Arkham in a churning brown flood.
When the waters recede, objects from the river's depths are left strewn about the streets. Some of these are more than run of the mill junk. There are two strange artifacts in the streets; one in the Merchant District and one in Downtown. The first investigator to end their movement in one of those locations may take the item.

The flood has caused the terror level to increase by 1 to 5 of 10 and another potential ally leaves town. Only one potential ally remains.

A gate has opened at The Silver Twilight Lodge.

The Black Man and a Witch emerge from the gate.

The Doom Track increases by 1 to 8 of 11.

The Flying Polyp takes to the skies. The Formless Spawn joins the Star Spawn on French Hill.

A clue has appeared in the Graveyard.

Michael McGlen uses the Eye of Light and Darkness against the Cursed Relics rumor. One token remains.

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 1 of 5 Monster Count: 5 of 11 Terror Track: 5 of 10 Doom Track: 8 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 4 of 8

Gate Report:
Silver Twilight Lodge: Destination Unknown

Monster Report:
Sky:
Flying Polyp (EC:+0) Threat: High
French Hill:
Star Spawn (EC:-1) Threat: High
Formless Spawn (EC:+0) Threat: Medium
Silver Twilight Lodge:
Witch (EC:-1) Threat: Low
The Black Man (EC:-3) Threat: Extreme

Turn 9 Upkeep:
Remus: Retainer: 1. Fail. Retainer lost :(
Isgrimnur: +$1

TURN 10 MOVE ORDER:
Wargus: French Hill for monster stompin'
Remus West: Sp/Sn: 3/2. Cast Locusts in French Hill. Evade monsters in French Hill (using clues as necessary) and enter STL gate.
Isgrimnur: Science Building
Chaosraven: Asylum for Encounter
Qantaga: Sp/Sn: 3/2 F/W: 2/3 Lu/Lo: 3/2 Downtown streets to grab artifact
rshetts2: Hibb's Roadhouse
Zurai: Lo/Lu: 4/2 Sp/Sn: 3(+1)/1. Cast feeding the mind (1 stam worth). Use Ancient Tablet. Remain in Independence Square
Newcastle: Heal Qantaga, then move to merchant district to pick up doodad
Last edited by Gryndyl on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Remus West

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 9 Encounters and Mythos

Post by Remus West »

If Wargus wants to clear French Hill that would be great (if he is in good health/sanity to do so and of a mind to). Otherwise I will need to adjust my stats to get some sneak as I plan on jumping in that new gate. Someone else should also jump in if they can as I can come out a different one so we will be able to close 2 gates soon rather than 1 a turn.

Oh, and FINALLY on the skill book. :D

either way, during movement when I get to the French Hill neighborhood I will use my spell:
Plague of Locusts: (cast mod -2 san -1) Movement: This spell affects ALL investigators and monsters in the neighborhood it is cast in (street and locations). Investigators lose 1 stamina. Monster toughness is reduced by 1. Monsters reduced to 0 are removed.

Success will get rid of the Black man and the Witch. It will also cost any investigators in the area (potentially Wargus so maybe let me sneak instead of coming in to fight) a stamina. If anyone wants to come through after me the two in the streets will be softened up for the turn (I think the spell lasts? Gryndyl?).

Focus Speed to 3 and Sneak to 2 (3 with the +1). Move to the French Hill streets and cast my spell then finish my move by sneaking past the two monsters there and entering the Silver Twilight lodge to be sucked through the gate.

I'll need to exhaust the bike to make it. I will use clues on the sneak attempts if needed.

If someone cleans up the French Hill streets then we will have zero monsters in Arkham (other than the sky) and there are two items and two clues sitting around to be picked up.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Remus West wrote: If anyone wants to come through after me the two in the streets will be softened up for the turn (I think the spell lasts? Gryndyl?).
Correct. They will be at minus 1 toughness for the turn as will any investigators in the area.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Uptown - University - Science Building
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

can i cast my heal and move?

if not then i will just chill at my spot, cast my spell and hope for more spells.

If i can cast my heal, and move, then i shall cast it...and move 1 spot north to the that doodad in the merchant district.

Oh i think also i have 0 clues, i saw my character sheet and it shows i have 2.

The other thing, i just got a astral movement spell, but have 0 clues to close gates. So am kind of thinkings i should look and try to nab the clues?
Last edited by Newcastle on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:can i cast my heal and move?

if not then i will just chill at my spot, cast my spell and hope for more spells.

If i can cast my heal, and move, then i shall cast it...and move 1 spot north to the that doodad in the merchant district.

Oh i think also i have 0 clues, i saw my character sheet and it shows i have 2.
cast your heal during upkeep. Doesn't cost you any move or anything.

Heal: (Casting Modifier +1, Sanity Cost 1) Upkeep: Cast and exhaust to heal yourself or an investigator in your area stamina equal to number of successes rolled. Points may be distributed between multiple investigators
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Monterey Jack will change his Lore to 4 and Luck to 2, and change his Speed to 3+1 and his Sneak to 1.

During Upkeep, he will attempt to cast Feeding the Mind. He'll sacrifice 1 stamina to refill his Sanity if he gets any successes.
During Movement, he will move to the Merchant District streets if he refills his sanity (don't want to get jumped by the Polyp at 1 San) and use the Ancient Tablet, hoping for 2 failures.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Ok, I have both Zurai and Newcastle heading to the Merchant District streets. Newcastle mentioned picking up the artifact but, if that's why Zurai is going there then he's going to beat Newcastle there.

Thought I'd make mention of it should y'all want to coordinate that differently.

As far as your clues, Newcastle, as far as I know you have 2. I did subtract the 2 you just spent so I'm curious where you recall the other two going. Far be it from me to argue much if a player wants me to take clues away but I wanna know what I missed :D
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Oh, I didn't even see that thing about the artifacts. That's not why I was headed out into the street, I just realized that there's no encounter icon at Independence Square so there was no point hanging around there.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zurai wrote:Oh, I didn't even see that thing about the artifacts. That's not why I was headed out into the street, I just realized that there's no encounter icon at Independence Square so there was no point hanging around there.
You can have encounters at any location. Only the streets do not give encounters. I believe Independence Square gives Clues/Unique Items as the likely benefits (assuming the encounter is actually beneficial instead of the "Oh fuck" type).
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I had a long work/travel day today. I'll take a look around and post my orders in a couple hours or so.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Remus West wrote:
Zurai wrote:Oh, I didn't even see that thing about the artifacts. That's not why I was headed out into the street, I just realized that there's no encounter icon at Independence Square so there was no point hanging around there.
You can have encounters at any location. Only the streets do not give encounters. I believe Independence Square gives Clues/Unique Items as the likely benefits (assuming the encounter is actually beneficial instead of the "Oh fuck" type).
Oh. Then why didn't I get an encounter last turn?

EDIT: Anyway, in that case I'll stay at Independence Square.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Joe will stay for encounter at the asylum.
"Where are you off to?"

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

It doesn't look like anyone else is headed Downtown.

So, after the Newcastle heal (Thank you most kindly), I'll go:

Science Building --> Miskatonic University --> Merchant District --> Downtown (to see what's lying in the Downtown streets).

I'll gladly yield and move to the Unnameable instead, if someone else wants to end their turn in Downtown.

Stats:

Speed/Sneak 3/2
Fight/Will 2/3
Lore/Luck 3/2
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Gryndyl wrote: As far as your clues, Newcastle, as far as I know you have 2. I did subtract the 2 you just spent so I'm curious where you recall the other two going. Far be it from me to argue much if a player wants me to take clues away but I wanna know what I missed :D
i thought that i had 7 when i closed the gate....-5 for gate closure...left me with 2....that i used for the bloated woman encouter...leaving me with 0.

I thought thats how it worked...did i miss something?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zurai wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Oh. Then why didn't I get an encounter last turn?

EDIT: Anyway, in that case I'll stay at Independence Square.
Need to go back and look at it but did you close the gate this last turn? If so, that counts as your encounter. If not then you should have gotten to have one.

edit: Looking back you did not get one.
Gryndyl, shouldn't Zurai have had an encounter last turn in Independence Square? He would have fought the Ghoul and Ghost during movement and then had his encounter with the location.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Eep! :oops:

Yeah, Zurai should have had an encounter. I'll get that going, PM if necessary and edit it in.

EDIT: Encounter post amended. In a nutshell, Zurai gained a clue.
Newcastle wrote: i thought that i had 7 when i closed the gate....-5 for gate closure...left me with 2....that i used for the bloated woman encouter...leaving me with 0.
Upon review this does seem to be correct, so, amending clue totals. Thanks for the catch!
Wargus

Post by Wargus »

Remus West wrote:If Wargus wants to clear French Hill that would be great (if he is in good health/sanity to do so and of a mind to)....
I will indeed go to French Hill. This will be exciting, I expect to lose my brains.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

well I was going to move to down town and grab the artifact but it looks like Qan is going to beat me to it so Ill slip over to Hibbs Roadhouse for some entertainment and an encounter.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Did anyone follow me through the gate? The whole point was that I could use the gatebox to jump over to a different one if one opens while we are in there and seal it the same time you would have sealed this one. Did everyone miss me saying that?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:Did anyone follow me through the gate? The whole point was that I could use the gatebox to jump over to a different one if one opens while we are in there and seal it the same time you would have sealed this one. Did everyone miss me saying that?
i dont get that fancy talk....no clues here...so really of no use, except healing, then also maybe...grabbing artifacts doodads...and taking peoples beer.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:
Remus West wrote:Did anyone follow me through the gate? The whole point was that I could use the gatebox to jump over to a different one if one opens while we are in there and seal it the same time you would have sealed this one. Did everyone miss me saying that?
i dont get that fancy talk....no clues here...so really of no use, except healing, then also maybe...grabbing artifacts doodads...and taking peoples beer.
We have a bunch of Elder signs to use for sealing gates. I have an item that allows me to choose which gate I come back to Arkham through regardless of the one I went in. So if someone came in this one I could jump to one that opens next turn or the turn after that and use my elder sign on that one while whoever followed me could use theirs on this one. Two gates sealed in the time it normally takes to seal one.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

well i dont have an elder sign, but i approve of your approach. Can i help in anyway? I also think all turns have been tossed in so we might be waiting on Gryndyl to process stuff.

my turn was - heal up Q & i, then grab artifact doodad.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:well i dont have an elder sign, but i approve of your approach. Can i help in anyway? I also think all turns have been tossed in so we might be waiting on Gryndyl to process stuff.

my turn was - heal up Q & i, then grab artifact doodad.
Yeah, all turns are in so if nobody followed me it doesn't matter this turn but someone (that has an elder sign) should follow me though next turn if another gate opens up.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus, I'll be on the east side of the map, if a gate opens there. If a new gate does not open, and assuming Wargus cleans up the French Hill monsters like he always does, I can follow you into the gate next turn.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:Remus, I'll be on the east side of the map, if a gate opens there. If a new gate does not open, and assuming Wargus cleans up the French Hill monsters like he always does, I can follow you into the gate next turn.
At this point I realized it doesn't matter. Follow me in this one or jump in a new one - same timing on when we both emerge. If a new one opens that you can not get to though, this one works as I can come out any of them.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 10 Encounters

Michael McGlen (Wargus)
French Hill/Arkham Asylum
You make your way from the Asylum to French Hill. Seems like the trouble in town has found a bit of a focus in that area. The street seems quiet enough...save for that big weird looking black puddle. You frown suspiciously at it. It seems to ripple, even though there is no wind. You take a step closer and watch in horror as the liquid goo erupts upward, twisting and forming into a glistening writhing pseudopod that towers over you.
Formless Spawn: (physical immunity) horror -1 san -2 fight -2 stam -2 toughness 2
horror check: 3. fail. clue spent: 5. success
fight: 6,4,4,3,2,2,1. 1 success out of two needed
The spawn strikes! 2 damage, mitigated to 1 by special ability.
round 2: 6,6,5,5,3,3,1. 4 successes.
Gain formless spawn as trophy
The thing collapses back into a pile of black goo at your feet and you take a moment to catch your breath. The acid burn along your arm where it lashed out at you alternates between throbbing and stinging. You take a final deep breath and turn to continue up the street. Oh, hell. What is THAT?
Star Spawn: Horror -3 san -2 fight -3 stam -3 toughness 3
Horror check: 0 dice available. Clue spent: 4. Fail. Clue spent: 4. Fail
You are overcome by mind wrenching horror.
-3 clues, -1 stam, - 2 san. back to the asylum. lose half of items.

Darrell Simmons (Remus West)
French Hill/Silver Twilight Lodge/The Abyss
Sp/Sn: 3/2.
You tear through the streets of Arkham on your motorcycle, your mouth forming the strange words even as they are whipped away by the wind. You see them begin to emerge, black shapes, darting through the air, their strange buzzing growing in volume. They began to spatter against you, tearing at your skin as you skid through another turn on the cobbled French Hill streets, the swarming black clouds now blotting out the sky.
(Plague of Locusts: 6,5,3,2. Success! -1 san, - 1 stam) The Black Man destroyed. The Witch destroyed.
You pass a looming shape on French Hill, but it is either too bssy with the crumpled form at its feet or with surviving the swarming locusts to bother taking notice of you.
(Star Spawn Evade roll: 6,1 success)
You can see the swirl of the gate up ahead and put on a final burst of speed, engine roaring as the tires spin across the lawn of the Silver Twilight Lodge and carry you through the gate.
Welcome to The Abyss!
You brush a few befuddled grasshoppers off of your coat that came through the gate with you and take a look around at the flat black sky and featureless plain. Featureless apart from what seems to be a face in the ground next to you. Is that? It can't be! That girl from college...screaming the same old arguments. Another face there; your father, his tone stern. Over there, the professor that failed you and there...another and another. The faces of all of those you have failed in your life, erupting from the earth around you, berating, chastising.
Lore (-1)[2]: 4,4,1. 0 successes.
Clue spent (2 dice due to skill):3,1. 0/2 Successes. Clue spent: 6,1. 1/2 successes. Clue spent: 6,4 2/2 successes.
-3 clues. You have gained the Psychic card.

Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur)
Science Building
You wander the darkened rooms of the lab, wondering what keeps drawing you back to this place. At least the pimply guy with his weird machine seems to have packed up and gone home. You open the door to a lab and before you realize what is happening a strange, winged, crab-like creature bursts out of the room at you.
speed -2 check: 2. fail No investigator cards may be used during this fight
Mi-Go: Horror -1 san -2 fight +0 Stam -1 toughness 1
horror check: 3,2. fail. -2 san
fight: 6,6,2. success
You fling your arms up and rip and tear at it until it collapses in on itself, dissolving into a noxious mist. All that remains of it is a glittering silver key.
Silver Key: (Any phase) Use to automatically pass an evade check. Once silver key has been used 3 times it is discarded.

Joe Diamond (Chaosraven)
Arkham Asylum
The Docs seem distracted by the new patient that was just brought in. Looks like that gangster type. Thought you saw him leaving not long ago. Guess the sanity didn't last. Rough night out there. You take the opportunity to poke around a few desk drawers. Surely not all of the docs are strict prohibitionists. No flask to be found but you do find a bottle of something. "Dream Enhancer" the label says. Yeah, sure, sounds like booze. You take a whiff. Smells like booze too. Cheap swill from a bathtub in the woods but hey, who's choosy?
(lore -1 check. no success possible. Clue spent. Roll: 4,1 fail)
Ok, one swig o' that and now you're going to be choosy after all. Tastes a bit like Grandma used to smell.

Amanda Sharpe (Qantaga)
Downtown
Sp/Sn: 3/2 F/W: 2/3 Lu/Lo: 3/2
+1 stam from healing
The flood waters left all sorts of slime encrusted debris laying in the streets. Who knew how much crap a river could cough up? Whom, that piece of mud coated jumk over there has an interesting glitter to it...Looks like something from the Museum Exhibit
Spirit Vessel: All of your monster trophies count as being one toughness point higher for the purpose of spending them.

Dexter Drake (rshetts2)
Hibb's Roadhouse
A man carrying a briefcase approaches you as you sit at the bar. He is furtive looking and seems to have a touch of jaundice. There is something not quite right about his eyes. He leans close to you and hisses in your ear with breath that smells of fish and jasmine.
"Have you seen the Yellow Sign?"
(lore-3 check: 6. success!)
You snort as if he had asked you if you knew how to pull a rabbit from a hat and calmly trace the Yellow Sign in a puddle of spilled beer on the bar.
The man nods once, hands you the briefcase and scurries out of the bar.
You open it to discover a gun and a wad of money.
+$10
.45 Automatic: (physical weapon, 1 hand) +4 to combat

Monterey Jack (Zurai)
Independence Square
Lo/Lu: 4/2 Sp/Sn: 3(+1)/1
You murmer the words of the spell and feel your mind sharpen at the expense of your health.
Cast feeding the mind
spell: 5,4,4 success.
-1 stam. +2 san
Some time spent relaxing in the Square will do you some good. You fish the ancient tablet out of your rucksack and begin examing the glyphs carved in it. Hmmm. A spell of some sort.
Ancient tablet: roll: 6,1 1 success, 1 fail
+2 clues
Premonition: (cast mod -1, san 1) Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to move 1 skill slider up to 2 steps.
You glance up from the tablet to see a well dressed man approach a group of children. He's over-smiling and over-animated and your eyes narrow in suspicion. He looks middle-eastern, obviously not related to any of the children in the group. After a minute he takes a small boy by the hand and leads him away from the others, still talking continuously. The boy looks a bit unsure of the situation. Time to step in and see what's what.
"Excuse me!" you call out. The man's facade instantly drops. He turns with a snarl, a knife appearing in his hand as he leaps at you.
Cultist: (Endless due to Great Old One) Horror - san - fight +1 stam -1 toughness 1
Fight roll: 6,6,6,64,4,3,2,1
Your fist and Tom's fist connect with the man's face at about the same time and you lay him out headlong on the paving stones. The boy scurries away back to his friends and the lot of them go sprinting from the Square. You kneel down and give a quick rifle through the man's pockets, finding a rather interesting mirror. A whistle blows nearby.
Tom taps you on the shoulder. "Coppers are coming, mate. Our word against his. We'd best make haste"
You are Barred from Downtown
Summoning Glass: (encounter phase, in Arkham only) In addition to your normal encounter, you may discard this card to resolve the special ability of any Arkham location that has no gate. You may trade in trophies, buy items, gain san/stam etc. as if you were there.

Harvey Walters (Newcastle)
Merchant District
After patching one of your students up a bit you take a stroll into the Merchant District to examine the flood damage. Interesting! Looks like one of the Museum Exhibit items somehow made its way into the river and then here into the streets! What a strange progression of events!
Scales of Thoth: Upkeep: Choose a dimension symbol. This turn you gain +3 on all checks against monsters with that symbol and a -1 on all checks against monsters with other symbols.
(The dimension symbols are the green symbols on each monster image. The Star Spawn, for example, has a cross and the Polyp has a hexagon)

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 1 of 5 Monster Count: 2 of 11 Terror Track: 5 of 10 Doom Track: 8 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 4 of 8
Last edited by Gryndyl on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.