Arkham Horror II: Investigator victory declared!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 10 Encounters

Post by Remus West »

We really really need to get to using the Elder signs or the Doom track is going to wake the Big Nasty.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Gryndyl

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 10 Encounters

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 10 Mythos

MUSEUM HAUNTED!
The ghosts of two pharaohs have been seen walking the Miskatonic University Streets. Any player defeating one by the end of turn 12 will gain an exhibit item.

The ghosts have caused the Terror Level to increase by one to 6 of 11. The last ally leaves town. The Curiositie Shoppe is now closed.

A gate has opened at the Science Building. Jenny Barnes is immediately sucked in and sent to The Abyss. Jenny Barnes is delayed

A Star Spawn and a Cultist emerge from the gate and make their way to the Miskatonic Streets
The Star Spawn on French Hill moves to the Riverside Streets

The Doom Track has increased to 9 of 11

A clue appears in The Woods

Michael McGlen uses the Eye of Light and Darkness against the Cursed Relics rumor. No tokens remain.
Rumor Passed!
All players gain 1 spell!

Darell Simmons (Remus West): Shroud of Shadow
Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur): Astral Travel
Joe Diamond (Chaosraven): Markings of Isis
Amanda Sharpe (Qantaga): Denying the Ancient One
Dexter Drake (rshetts2): Wither
Monterey Jack (Zurai): Red Sign of Shudde M'Ell
Harvey Walters (Newcastle): Flesh Ward
Michael Mcglen (Wargus): Revelation of Script

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 2 of 5 Monster Count: 6 of 11 Terror Track: 6 of 10 Doom Track: 9 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 4 of 8

Gate Report:
Silver Twilight Lodge: The Abyss
Science Building: The Abyss

Monster Report:
Sky:
Flying Polyp (EC:+0) Threat: High
Riverside Streets:
Star Spawn (EC:-1) Threat: High
Miskatonic Streets:
2xGhost (EC -3): Threat: Medium
Star Spawn (EC -1): Threat: High
Cultist (EC -3): Threat: Low

Turn 11 Upkeep:
Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur): + $1

Turn 11 Move Order:

Darell Simmons (Remus West): Move through Abyss
Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur): Move through Abyss
Joe Diamond (Chaosraven): french hill
Amanda Sharpe (Qantaga): To the Unnameable.
Dexter Drake (rshetts2): Cast heal. To the Asylum for sanity healing. Give Wargus $3
Monterey Jack (Zurai): Wade into the monster mob in University
Harvey Walters (Newcastle): Wade into the monster mob in University
Michael Mcglen (Wargus): Remain at Asylum for healing,
Last edited by Gryndyl on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Remus West

Re: Arkham Horror II: Turn 10 Encounters and Mythos

Post by Remus West »

I move to the next location of the realm I am visiting.

Big bonus that Jenny has an elder sign. Small sadness that she went through with two of them rather than handing one off but she should be back in time to jump another gate.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Remus West wrote:I move to the next location of the realm I am visiting.

Big bonus that Jenny has an elder sign. Small sadness that she went through with two of them rather than handing one off but she should be back in time to jump another gate.
Also a bonus that she was in the Science Building so no one had to wade through that pile o' monsters to get to the gate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No sadness. There's not another gate open to use it on. If there's an open gate when we get back, I can use my new spell to jump into it immediately.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:

No sadness. There's not another gate open to use it on. If there's an open gate when we get back, I can use my new spell to jump into it immediately.
Which means you are one turn delayed behind where they could be. Not that big a deal since with CR using 1, me having 1, and you having 2, I believe there is yet another Elder Sign (or its equivalent) out there in someone's hands and they can jump the next gate.

Just checked. Someone make sure the next gate opened is clear for Qantaga to jump into. Or he can jump into mine right now and I can use the gate box to come out any new one.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Note that we only have 1 more turn of free time (barring Elder Signs being used) before the Great Old One awakens.

Also, the Miskatonic Streets are a death trap. (un)Holy heck.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I was actually thinking of heading to the joint to the left of me...with the 4 mobs...i think i can cast a spell on em, and take a few down...i think ti would have to be coordinated...plus the artifact i got gives me a +3 depending on the symbol i choose...3 of em are half moons...so i could wipe em out or even the big bad boy there...thoughts?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zurai wrote:Note that we only have 1 more turn of free time (barring Elder Signs being used) before the Great Old One awakens.

Also, the Miskatonic Streets are a death trap. (un)Holy heck.
If someone can clear a path for Qantaga to jump into the gate I am in I can always seal any that open next turn. The risk we take there is not having one open and then I'm forced to wait or cause him to be lost in time and space. Not sure it is worth the risk since we win the turn Isgrimnur makes it back as we will have six gates sealed. We just need to avoid anything that ups the Doom track by more than 1 between now and then.

As for the Mob, Ghosts are physically immune but only have a single pip. The one to worry about is the cross symbol-ed bad ass. Although I'm not certain if there is a difference between those ghosts (being from the expansion) and original ones so you might look into that.
Wargus

Post by Wargus »

My brains, aaaaahhhhh, my brains!

Chaosraven, I don't suppose I could borrow $1 to gain some brains back from Joe Diamond? I have $1, so with the two I can pay for the asylum visit. Or, I'll trade you a 1 toughness trophy for it!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wargus wrote:My brains, aaaaahhhhh, my brains!

Chaosraven, I don't suppose I could borrow $1 to gain some brains back from Joe Diamond? I have $1, so with the two I can pay for the asylum visit. Or, I'll trade you a 1 toughness trophy for it!
Can't trade trophies but since I left him enough cash to have 8 bucks I'm betting he can afford the dollar.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

The problem with ghosts is sanity damage and a big penalty to the check to resist it. They aren't terribly dangerous in combat, assuming you have a magic weapon, but two of them plus a star spawn is horribly dangerous to the sanity, and the ghosts (and cultist) are hard to sneak past as well.

I don't think there's much of a chance of Monterey being able to kill all four enemies. I could probably get the cultist and one ghost if I'm allowed to choose the order to confront them in (not sure about that?). Maybe even two ghosts, with luck. It isn't even possible for me to win the Horror check against the Star Spawn without spending clues. However, that said, I'm willing to be the sacrificial lamb to clear as many of them out as possible.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

A few quick comments/answers

Yes, you can encounter the monsters in whatever order you choose in combat. The ghosts are "normal"-the only difference being that they drop exhibit items when destroyed.

And, you need eight gate trophies for a gate win, not six. With the Elder Signs you guys have plus a dose of luck it's still possible to pull it off.

It is, however, starting to look pretty rough on that terror track. You all may wish to review Nyarlathotep's attack (on the Great Old One card in the first post) to be sure that you are as prepared as you can be should it happen.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Gryndyl wrote:A few quick comments/answers

Yes, you can encounter the monsters in whatever order you choose in combat. The ghosts are "normal"-the only difference being that they drop exhibit items when destroyed.

And, you need eight gate trophies for a gate win, not six. With the Elder Signs you guys have plus a dose of luck it's still possible to pull it off.

It is, however, starting to look pretty rough on that terror track. You all may wish to review Nyarlathotep's attack (on the Great Old One card in the first post) to be sure that you are as prepared as you can be should it happen.
You need 8 gate trophies but you win if there are ever 6 elder signs on the board, iirc. We currently have 4. I will provide one and Isgrimnur will provide one.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Remus West wrote:
Gryndyl wrote:A few quick comments/answers

You need 8 gate trophies but you win if there are ever 6 elder signs on the board, iirc. We currently have 4. I will provide one and Isgrimnur will provide one.
Ah, yes, this is indeed correct.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Gryndyl wrote:
Remus West wrote:You need 8 gate trophies but you win if there are ever 6 elder signs on the board, iirc. We currently have 4. I will provide one and Isgrimnur will provide one.
Ah, yes, this is indeed correct.

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I know that Remus wanted me to try to come to his gate, but it looks like he and Isgrimnur will be emerging soon and there are no other open gates (meaning I would be lost if Remus wasn't able to jump gates). Plus, I would have to reduce my sneak ability to 1 to be able to get there. I'm still willing to do that if Remus thinks it's a good idea.

I'm inclined to move to the Unnameable to pick up that clue and stay in that part of the map, in case a gate opens up there.

So, move Amanda: Downtown --> Merchant District --> Unnameable

Stats:

Speed/Sneak 3/2
Fight/Will 2/3
Lore/Luck 2/3

Remus, if you think it's a better plan for me to try to get to your gate, let me know and I'll gladly adjust.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:Remus, if you think it's a better plan for me to try to get to your gate, let me know and I'll gladly adjust.
Well, really, if Isgrminur or I do not make it out on time we are screwed. You jumping into a gate would give us a back-up to be able to gain those Elder signs. If Isgrimunur gets screwed I can jump to his gate leaving this one for you or if I get screwed you are right behind me. We need those two Elder signs more than anything right now as they mean victory.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Remus, if you think it's a better plan for me to try to get to your gate, let me know and I'll gladly adjust.
Well, really, if Isgrminur or I do not make it out on time we are screwed. You jumping into a gate would give us a back-up to be able to gain those Elder signs. If Isgrimunur gets screwed I can jump to his gate leaving this one for you or if I get screwed you are right behind me. We need those two Elder signs more than anything right now as they mean victory.

Okay, I'll try to head your way.

Last question, though, do you think I can get past that Star Spawn (that disabled Wargus) if my Sneak is only at 1 (only way for me to reach that gate)?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Note, I do have the Stealth skill to get an extra evade roll, but I'm just not familiar enough with my odds of getting past that Star Spawn with a Sneak of 1 and the Sneak skill. Any advice is appreciated.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'll be offline for about 4 hours, but I'll check back then to see what Remus thinks about my chances with the Star Spawn and make my final move call.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Zurai - i am headed into monster mob as well. How should we handle it? Who takes what?

-me on star spawn, you on the other three?

-reason am asking i need to cast some spells and use an artifact, i have a heavy +3 v. either the star spawn or v. the other three.

Gryndyl - i am not sure how to do the combat here, i want to cast my spells, and use the artifact, just not sure how zurai & i should organize this confrontation.

edit - pretty much if i want to take on the starspawn, which i think is how i think this is going to go down, i do want to cast my horror pass spell, with wither, and use my exhibit item. I think all of those items combined, along with my handy dandy +3 knife should insure my nuking of that bad boy? right?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:I'll be offline for about 4 hours, but I'll check back then to see what Remus thinks about my chances with the Star Spawn and make my final move call.
Sneaking past the Star Spawn you would be at sneak -1 so you would need to use clues to get any dice.

Do we have anyone (Chaosraven) capable of taking the Star Spawn out before you need to move through there?

Hey Chaosraven, Can Joe take down a Star Spawn?
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Newcastle wrote: Gryndyl - i am not sure how to do the combat here, i want to cast my spells, and use the artifact, just not sure how zurai & i should organize this confrontation.
Due to movement order, you'll arrive in the monster mob last, so you'll be fighting whatever's left.

We saw the Star Spawn's stats during Wargus's beatdown; the starspawn does a -3 to your will for the horror check and 2 sanity damage if you blow the roll. Then he has a -3 to your combat dice and does 3 stamina damage if you don't get enough successes in the combat round. He's 3 toughness so you'd need three total successes to drop him.

1 fight + 3 Wither (if cast successfully) +3 knife +3 scales -3 star spawn= 7 dice to try and make 3 successes on. If you don't succeed the first round you'll receive enough damage to drop you in your tracks unless you successfully cast the Flesh Ward spell, in which case you'd get another 7 dice to try and pick up any successes you were lacking in the first round.
Last edited by Gryndyl on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

So, based on Remus' and Gryndyl's posts, I'm not liking my chances of getting past the Star Spawn to make it to the gate.

If Chaos (Joe) can take out the Star Spawn, that would be peachy.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I think I can take the star spawn next turn but this turn I need to refresh my sanity. I get a recheck on horror and for combat I have the 45 auto and shriviling so I get +10 on him but with my sanity down I need to hit the asylum first to be ready for him.

Also I recieved a big chunk of change last turn so I can help people out with cash so if Wargus needs some money I have it.

Unless thers a better use of my turn, I will move to the asylum and get my head right. I will also give $3 to wargus if he needs it. Also can I cast heal while in the Asylum and before I regain my sanity? If so Ill heal myself and then toss a point to Wargus.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:So, based on Remus' and Gryndyl's posts, I'm not liking my chances of getting past the Star Spawn to make it to the gate.

If Chaos (Joe) can take out the Star Spawn, that would be peachy.
Yeah, pretty much if he can not take it out I do not like your odds. If you have a bunch of clues you could use them to gain sneak dice and come past but otherwise I'd find something else to do.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Gryndyl wrote:
Newcastle wrote: Gryndyl - i am not sure how to do the combat here, i want to cast my spells, and use the artifact, just not sure how zurai & i should organize this confrontation.
Due to movement order, you'll arrive in the monster mob first, so you'll be free to choose what you want to tackle.

We saw the Star Spawn's stats during Wargus's beatdown; the starspawn does a -3 to your will for the horror check and 2 sanity damage if you blow the roll. Then he has a -3 to your combat dice and does 3 stamina damage if you don't get enough successes in the combat round. He's 3 toughness so you'd need three total successes to drop him.

1 fight + 3 Wither (if cast successfully) +3 knife +3 scales -3 star spawn= 7 dice to try and make 3 successes on. If you don't succeed the first round you'll receive enough damage to drop you in your tracks unless you successfully cast the Flesh Ward spell, in which case you'd get another 7 dice to try and pick up any successes you were lacking in the first round.
ok so worse case scenario - i have 4 dice to get 3 sucess right? (i get this by assuming wither failed)

or
7 dice for 3 sucesses...how do you define sucess? beat the star spawn on a roll?

I am actually thinking of trying it to be honest.

-how do i know if i can cast whither sucessfully or not?
-how do i know if i can csat flesh ward sucessfully or not?

what are the chances of getting a positive result there?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so the big hurdle is the will check right?
if i move my stats to

Will -3
Fight - 0

Currently at:
will 2
fight 1

How does that improve things, if it does or doesnt?

(edit - taking my anti horror spell into account, if i moved my will more to fight, how much more of an edge would that give me in terms of fighting the star spawn)

Whats the limit on spells I can cast also?

Could i cast.....marking of isis ( to help pass horror check), then whither (combat bonus) then the flesh ward all in 1 turn?

what would the penalty be? if any

if i could cast those series of spells...what would my sucess potential look like then?
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:Yeah, pretty much if he can not take it out I do not like your odds. If you have a bunch of clues you could use them to gain sneak dice and come past but otherwise I'd find something else to do.

In the absence of Chaos coming on to say he'll take on the Star Spawn:

Gryndyl, I will go to the Unnameable, as mentioned in my previous post.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

First off I read the move order wrong; Zurai will get there before you so maybe Monterey Jack will take a stab at the Star Spawn before you get there.

As to your questions, a success is a roll of 5 or 6 on a 6 sided die. So, each die rolled gives a 33% chance of a success.

Spell casting is a die roll equal to your lore minus the spell's casting modifier. Again, each die gets a success on a 5 or 6. Spells only need 1 success to pull off.

The Will check for horror is actually not necessarily a big concern for you. Making it would be good, yes, but you can afford a two sanity point loss.

Number of spells cast per turn is limited by whether or not they use a hand during a fight (2 hands worth of spells, maximum. Wither is a 1 handed spell) and how much sanity you can afford to lose casting them. Wither and Markings of Isis cost 0 san to cast but Flesh Ward costs 1. Markings of Isis also uses a hand which means that casting both it and wither would prevent you from being able to use the dagger in the fight as it also requires a hand.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

rshetts2 wrote: Also can I cast heal while in the Asylum and before I regain my sanity? If so Ill heal myself and then toss a point to Wargus.
Heal is cast during upkeep, before you move to the asylum so you'd only be able to heal yourself. However, you could cast it next upkeep instead/also and be able to heal Wargus as well as you'd both be in the same location. Of course, this would also deprive you of one of your freshly regained sanity points.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Would it be better for me to take out the ghosts or the Star Spawn? The Star Spawn is MUCH easier to sneak past (-1 modifier vs -3 for the ghosts and cultist). I can get the cultist and either the Spawn or one of the ghosts, barring really bad dice karma, and maybe one more ghost with really good dice karma.

I would think it'd be best to leave the Star Spawn since it's the easiest to avoid.

Assuming that's the consensus, this is the order I'll encounter enemies in:
Cultist
Ghost
Ghost
Star Spawn

I'll use clues as needed on Horror checks against the Ghosts. If I do manage to defeat both Ghosts, and I have fewer than 2 clues left, I'll use Mists of Releh to attempt to pass the evade check on the Star Spawn. If I have 2 or more clues left, I'll go ahead and try my luck with the Spawn.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Sorry, gaming with kids. Remus, give me a quick run down of options
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Sorry, gaming with kids. Remus, give me a quick run down of options
If you can take out the Star Spawn in the French Quarter then do that. Otherwise your options are wide open. Basically we need myself and Isgrimnur to get back and seal gates before to a few more Doom tokens get added and we get screwed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

:binky:
  • Move and die.
  • Stand still and die.

:P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote::binky:
  • Move and die.
  • Stand still and die.

:P
Hey, unless a double doom track mythos card screws us we are in pretty good shape here as Isgrimnur and I both have Elder signs to seal the final two gates and win. So take that as I have now made it certain we get a double doom dose of death. :(
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Alrighty, head to French Quarter as backup.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Ok, all moves are in.

Since combat takes place during movement, should the french quarter be cleared before everyone heading there has arrived I'll PM them with the option to alter the move.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Due to a combo of busy, OO being down and a power outage I was regrettably slow getting this turn rolling. In any case, PMs going out now. :mrgreen:
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 11 Encounters

Darell Simmons (Remus West)
Abyss
Through the mists ahead you see something monstrous in size, massively huge, a great dark shadow blotting out most of the horizon. And it's moving. Towards you.
You begin to run. It doesn't seem as if the thing is actually after you, more that you are simply in its path and that you will be crushed as matter of factly as an ant should you still be in the things path when it arrives. But it's so impossibly large. You run until you feel as if daggers are thrust through your shins and your sides, your muscles burn as if they are actually aflame, your heart pounding against your ribs as if it is about to burst within you, each frenzied gasp of air falling far shor of sating your lungs.
And then it is past. You are safe.
Speed (-1) check or lost in time and space
Roll: 6,5,2 pass

Jenny Barnes (Isgrimnur)
Abyss
The malevolent feel of this place seems almost a palpable wall, pressing against you as you struggle forward, each step an agonizing battle of will. You trip on a rock and a jolt of pain shoots through your foot. Suddenly, the resistance of the place is gone, and you are are able to move forward freely and easily. Is that a sense of pleasure you're getting from this place? The pain subsides and the resistance returns. You slap your wrist and the again the resistance recedes, but not much. It wants more. It wants blood and screaming.
You make an obscene gesture in the general direction of everywhere and match forward. You'll not bow to the sick whims of a dimension.

Joe Diamond (Chaosraven):
Downtown/St. Mary's Hospital
It looks like a giant mass of scales, barnacles and seaweed with a squidlike head, a mass of tentacles writhing at its chin. You raise your gun and start blasting.
Star Spawn (horror -3 san -2 fight -3 stam -3 toughness 3)
horror check: 5, success
combat: 4,4,3,2. 0 successes. Star Spawn does 3 stamina damage and you are defeated.
(cloak lost, lamp lost, welcome to the hospital)

Amanda Sharpe (Qantaga):
The Unnameable
+1 clue
The aged walls reek of mildew and look to be rotted and soggy to the touch. And...squeaking? You listen carefully. From behind the walls you can hear squeaking noises and scurrying, scratching, skittering sounds. Rats, is your guess. You hear them from the wall on the other side of the hall as well. Must be a lot of them in this place.
Now you hear them from ahead as well. The noise has grown in volume. There must be hundreds of them to make such a noise. You realize with a sinking feeling that they are moving to surround you. Time to go.
Speed(-1) check: 3,2 fail. Clue spent: 5. Success!
You have escaped the rat horde.

Dexter Drake (rshetts2):
Arkham Asylum
Cast heal. (6,5,2,2,1) Two successes. Lose 1 san, Stamina full.
To the Asylum for sanity healing. -$2, sanity full.
Give Wargus $3

Monterey Jack (Zurai):
University
Time to show the kids how things are done.

Cultist (horror N/A San N/A fight +1 stam 1 toughness 1) Roll: 5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2,2,1
5 successes out of 1 needed. Not gained as trophy due to cultists having endless ability from Nyarlathotep
Ghost 1 (physical immunity, undead, horror -2, san -2 fight -3 stam -2 toughness 1)
horror: 1. fail. -2 san
Fight: 5,5,5,4,4,4,1,1. success. Gain trophy. Gain exhibit item
Chime of Ra: This item has 3 tokens. Discard one or more to gain +2 to all Horror checks OR Combat checks this phase for each token discarded. Once all tokens are gone the chime is no more.
Ghost 2:
Horror: 6. success.
Fight: 5,5,5,5,5,4,4,2. success. Gain trophy. Gain exhibit item
Pentagram of Blood: (movement phase) Discard this item and X stamina to ward your current street. Monsters must have toughness greater than the number of stamina spent in order to enter that street location. Upkeep: If this item is in play, it loses one point of strength per upkeep phase until it is exhausted.
Star Spawn: (horror -3 san -2 fight -3 stam -3 toughness 3)
horror: 0. clue spent: 5. success
fight: 6,6,6,5,4,3,1,1. Four successes of three needed.
gain star spawn as trophy.
The smoke clears and you stand victorious. The University Streets are safe once again.

Harvey Walters (Newcastle): Unvisited isle
You come across a large pile of human bones beneath one of the willows. Some of them look a bit chewed. Looks to be a scrap of parchment tangled in with them.
-1 san, gain a spell
Bind Monster: (2 hands, cast mod +4 san cost 2) Cast and discard to pass a combat check. You must roll successes equal to the monster's toughness to cast the spell. Will not work on the ancient one.

Michael Mcglen (Wargus):
A kind man in a cape gives you $3 to help you pay your sanitarium bill. Sanity replenished.

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 2 of 5 Monster Count: 2 of 11 Terror Track: 6 of 10 Doom Track: 9 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 4 of 8

GM Commentary: Yes, horrible delay on this turn, but we're still moving. Out of town until monday for holiday stuff so the slow holiday pace is doomed to continue for a bit longer