[WW] TRON - Game Over - End of Line

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: [WW] TRON - System Uptime 4

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:I would bet that the reason this is taking so long is truicy, who previously mentioned he was having spotty internet access this weak.
Freudian slip???

:P

I feel for you Coop. I'm much more laid back now, but when I first started in these games, I was constantly checking and tracking stuff. Hopefully Scoop gives you your fix soon. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Re: [WW] TRON - System Uptime 3

Post by Newcastle »

tru1cy wrote:ezmate - My participation will be spotty at best till Friday as I moved into a new apartment on Friday and Comcrap (only provider in my area) won't be out till Thursday to install internet and cable

I'm not entirely comfortable passing this turn
Nope - no slip ...the above is from his post on Monday AM.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I would bet that the reason this is taking so long is truicy, who previously mentioned he was having spotty internet access this weak.
I think your true feelings are showing through.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ah stessier, peck away till dusk
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

You have something better to do? :P

We could all take turns singing Kumbaya, I guess...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote:You have something better to do? :P
Let's all announce our roles!

I'm Coop and according to tru1cy I'm MCP and according to Austin I'm Thorne. These both explain why I am fighting for a Users victory. I'm sad nobody has accused me of being Flynn yet. I'm sure the truth is going to disappoint everyone involved.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I kind of really hope coop is Thorne and Unagi/Austin are the punks. That would mean they played really well up to this point. If not, then this game is just sort of random. Which is fine - just random. :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i'm....duuuuude...like yeah, like seriously..totally rad...its like so awesome dude...you feeling me? Yeah man its just like rocking to be who mess is.
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote:I kind of really hope coop is Thorne and Unagi/Austin are the punks. That would mean they played really well up to this point. If not, then this game is just sort of random. Which is fine - just random. :)
I kind of want the game to end so we can see who was who. Maybe then I can figure what the hell you all were doing this whole time. :lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Duh, stessier is Sark. Lassr/Unagi are/were the twins. Tru1cy is Flynn. One of the quiet ones is MCP. Coop is Thorne. I copied and pasted this info from scoopzip.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

MOD notes: Sorry guys, you do not want to know how this day has gone. Good news, after I go get our car fixed tomorrow morning at 7:00 am I will start processed as the time limit just got reached. I apologize for the tardiness.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Real Life trumps Game, dude. We'll be here.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Darn corruption messing up everything!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I got header info, the game is moving again!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

System Uptime 5

System Uptime commencing in 3 - 2 - 1 - System fully online.

Kevin Flynn: Your old man's about to knock on the sky and listen to the sound.

As the system came online a bright blinding beam of light shown greatly on the horizon.

USERS Victory Condition:
10 Clean programs - 10
2 Infected Programs - 4
Permission bits needed - 14

ISGRIMNUR - 3 permission bits
Chaosraven - 5 permission bits
Qantaga - 1 permission bit
Coopasonic - 6 permission bits
Users controlled 15 Permission bits.

USERS Victory Condition Met!

ENCOM Victory Condition:
Flynn Lives
2 programs infected

CORRUPTION Victory Condition
13 programs
2 programs infected

Flynn has acquired the permission bits necessary to defeat the MCP's firewall and open the system. As Flynn left the sytem he also opened the data steam to full. For what seemed like the first time, programs drank deep the information from the outside world and accessed networks long forgotten as well as new sources of information. The MCP no longer maintained control. His position of power gone, Flynn decided against derezzing the program and instead locked down his access to only non-essential commands along with this followers. Thorne's rebellion of corruption had failed as well as Flynn disinfected the last of the programs making the System fully clean.

But like any rebellion, now that freedom was gained what would be done now? What choices lie ahead and how would the choices of the past affect the future?

Programs, the choice was yours.

Which side did you choose to fight for?
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Winning Team - USERS
SEAL_ISGRIMNUR - Flynn
BABY_REMUS_WEST - Tron
STCH_STESSIER - Quorra
EMPY_QANTAGA - USER Team
SMPN_CHAOSRAVEN - User Team
THIF_NEWCASTLE - User Team
YCAR_COOPASONIC - User Team
MOON_RMC- User Team

Losing Team - ENCOM
AFRI_AUSTIN - MCP
BNDK_TRU1CY - Sark
POPP_MR_BUBBLES - Encom Team
RBRD_THEOHALL - Encom Team

Losing Team - CORRUPTION
DNGR_LASSR - Thorne
SUSI_UNAGI - Daft Punk
ALIN_SECTOID - Daft Punk
DAVB_LAGOM_LITE - Corruption Team

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scoop20906 wrote:2 programs infected
Austin and Tru1cy.

:steps forward:

To the five programs that joined me to fight for us users, I thank you. It truly was a group effort, and I look forward to ensuring a free system for all of us.

I got my three bits on the first downtime, used my backup to save coopasonic when they attempted to derezz him, and cleaned Qantaga while scanning last night to see who else was not feeling at 100% efficiency.

Scoop, thanks for running a great game. I had a blast.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Re: [WW] TRON - Game Over - End of Line

Post by Scoop20906 »

MOD Notes: Wow, great game everyone. This game exceeded my expectations and tasked my abilities as a moderator as well. There is a ton of tweaking to be done to make this rulez set "MORE FUN" but overall I was ecstatic with everyone's involvement and enjoyment with the game as well as all the helpful comments and critiques of the rulez.

If you are interested you can take a look at my cheat sheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CLj6q5YB

Its not easy to read but it does lay out how the game progressed. There are just too many details for me to go back and created an accurate time line.

I also made one major mistake. Unagi was Corruption and he found the Sector Map and I allowed him to use it before I realized my mistake. Luckily it didn't seem to affect the course of the game but I wanted everyone aware of the mistake.

So, there is alot of good things to draw from this game. I've already started on updating the rulez so please give me your feedback now while everything is fresh in your minds.

Scoop

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grats scoop! Was rough to get a handle on first, but i got drawn into it. Glad to see the users succeed! Was enjoyable, though my one complaint is the many moving parts, and getting a handle on the lexicon, outside of that...was enjoyable.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm from MA and 33 is a legend there. Not so much here in WI.

There, was that subtle enough?
stessier

Post by stessier »

You know - we only lynch 1 person and both candidates were excellent choices. Go USERS! :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I want to know why Lagom derezzed me. I really have no clue as to why he did that. There really was no point to anyone derezzing anyone else, save for maybe Sark or MCP trying to hit programs that had a bunch of permission bits so that they would be lost. Team Corruption couldn't be certain they were not taking each other out - Thorne could have hit either Daft Punk and either of them could have hit him. Any unnamed that joined them - as Lagom did risked hitting one of those three.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Spreadsheet is a little hard to follow (but thank you for keeping it!).

How did Lassr know Unagi was a Punk?

Austin, why did you send me that message? Why would I ever not respond or doubt that?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Few things as Sark. Having the back ups basically killed Sark derezz ability. Made it useless.

There need to be some type of night time or day time kill.

The lack of information made it hard to gather whats going on.

Making Neutrals choose a side is a novel idea, but allowing them to switch during downtime will normally hurt ENCOM as none one wants ENCOM to win. Need to give better reason to pick a side and remain with it
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Austin

Post by Austin »

stessier wrote:Spreadsheet is a little hard to follow (but thank you for keeping it!).

How did Lassr know Unagi was a Punk?

Austin, why did you send me that message? Why would I ever not respond or doubt that?
I was bored and trying to stir things up? Just to see what happens? I dunno... it was kind of a blind game. I picked up admin rights right away but never got a derezz. :( I tried to play with pings a bit by pinging info to Thorne and flynn to see who responded. A couple nights ago I stopped, hoping that someone would mention maybe MCP being dead. I was not really sure how to proceed in this one.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Also, having 3 sector scans and getting more stuff wasn't as cool as you could only use 2/night anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote: How did Lassr know Unagi was a Punk?
Newcastle was infected and I didn't do it. At that the time you and Unagi were infected by me and I knew you wouldn't be pushing for the virus scan if you were daft punk. I was ready to infect the other daft punk and I would have gotten away with too if it wasn't for that pesky Austin...at least he lost also. :P
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote: How did Lassr know Unagi was a Punk?
Newcastle was infected and I didn't do it. At that the time you and Unagi were infected by me and I knew you wouldn't be pushing for the virus scan if you were daft punk. I was ready to infect the other daft punk and I would have gotten away with too if it wasn't for that pesky Austin...at least he lost also. :P
:evil:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Austin wrote: I tried to play with pings a bit by pinging info to Thorne and flynn to see who responded. A couple nights ago I stopped, hoping that someone would mention maybe MCP being dead. I was not really sure how to proceed in this one.
Same here. Only useful ping I sent was to Unagi so he could point out his partner in the game to me. (that quoting of Sectoid with the word infecton was the clue).
I also stopped sending messages hoping to fool some into thinking i was dead.

Curious, why the hell did Sectoid vote for me? By killing me he doomed himself and Unagi to lose also!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

the night Austin scanned me I did hit the mother load. 3 permission bits and a virus scan. I tried to use that to point at Austin and hoped he would get derezzed.

Corruption side needs to be tweaked, it was almost impossible to win with all the virus scan & anti-virus programs out there. But it was a very fun game just needs some upgrades for Tron 2.0

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I also derezzed RMC, some of his posts made him seem like Quorra, obviously he was not.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:I want to know why Lagom derezzed me. I really have no clue as to why he did that.
Just for lulz.

Seriously, I thought the best way to victory was Corruption, and I felt pretty sure you were a special, and not on the Corruption team.

I didn't have much handle on what was going on after a while, and lost interest in the game, especially after I derezzed you and recieved no info on who you were.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: I got my three bits on the first downtime, used my backup to save coopasonic when they attempted to derezz him, and cleaned Qantaga while scanning last night to see who else was not feeling at 100% efficiency.
I had a backup on myself at the time and another executed last time. I wasn't going anywhere.

I guess my instincts were pretty good as the system scans I executed got 2 named, Isgrimnur and tru1cy.

I had a set of admin rights as well, but never got a derezz. If I had I may have considered ENCOM, but I was pretty well convinced the Users could still pull it out. You can see my bit count and I knew Isgrmnur had 3, he got those on downtime 0. I really thought there would be more.

Anyway that was a fun experience and glad that RMC was in the game so he could get knocked out as the new guy and not me. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

And that is part of over-thinking. When coop made a remark about MCP maybe being dead after the night I ceased pinging Thorne and Flynn, I decided that it was likely he was one of those two. I told Flynn and thorne to calm down at one point and one responded that my lapdog needed to calm down and stop derezzing everyone. That made me think that maybe Tru1cy or Lassr were Flynn or Thorne as I could see either actually responding and in such a manner - now I assume it was Unagi but it could have been either one.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Excellent game. Thanks Scoop!

Thank you Isgrimnur for the last minute cleansing.

I was confuzled most of the game, but it was a lot of fun. I logged in early to the Users and never was a member of any other team, so it feels good to skate free of the MCP. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

One of the fixes in my mind is to not make it so easy to switch teams. Unname programs will start of as neutal and then have the choice to login/join a team and gain the advantages/disadvantages of that team and then you are permanently on that team.

However, I'm thinking about creating some "login" code (maybe 1 per neutral program) that can be found and used at anytime. Obviously, the named programs won't be able to use it. That was it is still possible to switch teams.

System scans will stay the same (shows inventory and team).

Virus scans will only allow programs to scan (2) programs at the beginning of the game and then only (1) program once half of programs are derezzed. Now Thorne WON'T scan as clean ever.

Anti-virus programs will be reduced to (1) per program however the ENCOM team will gain either a new named program or ability to clean the infection. Not sure what yet.

Backups will be reduced to only (5) so Sark is more of a terror.

Derezz will now announce the program's inventory and team name. (still one give up the named programs unless people are dying for it).

How does all this sound?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I like the rules adjustments. But now it looks like ENCOM has a very rough road to victory. May want to adjust their victory condition (that allows for some infections to be present) because if they have to eliminate all infections then that will be tough with limited scans.

Maybe Sark and MCP cannot be infected, and no more than 2 other programs can be infected, for ENCOM to win.

Black Lives Matter
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Lassr wrote:
Austin wrote: I tried to play with pings a bit by pinging info to Thorne and flynn to see who responded. A couple nights ago I stopped, hoping that someone would mention maybe MCP being dead. I was not really sure how to proceed in this one.
Same here. Only useful ping I sent was to Unagi so he could point out his partner in the game to me. (that quoting of Sectoid with the word infecton was the clue).
I also stopped sending messages hoping to fool some into thinking i was dead.

Curious, why the hell did Sectoid vote for me? By killing me he doomed himself and Unagi to lose also!
I will always vote for moving the game along. I'm taking a break from these for a while. I keep making people lose through my stupidity. Either that or I am a bot.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:I also derezzed RMC, some of his posts made him seem like Quorra, obviously he was not.
Man I was so just stirring the pot... Guess that's why I got deaders... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I enjoyed the game. Some flaws, but a lot of potential.

I will give this more text tomorrow, where I think I will likely have some time at work. (got a sick wife and two sick kids today.)