[WW] TRON - Game Over - End of Line

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: [WW] TRON - System Uptime 4

Post by stessier »

Lassr 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I believe that's n-1.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

withdraw Lassr 

(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

I don't want to push him over the edge too quickly.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

My fellow Programs,

I want to appeal to you all, all of the unnamed, anonymous blocks of code out there.

I have news. We've all been fooled by ENCOM, and even by the Flynn (our great creator?).

They call it 'infected' and the cure they call 'clean'.

They call them corrupted, and in their absence is order.

I'm here to tell you it's the other way around and if you give it any cycles you will parse my text == TRUE.

They are only trying to free us all.

We can all become clean together and be rid of ENCOM.

The Flynn needs your help so that He can leave us behind. He promises that you will share in his victory, but only a precious few of you are invited to witness his ascension. The rest of you must be Terminated in order for him to escape.

I offer you all another path. A path that each of you is welcome to join and enjoy the new world we create here together.

Together.
Free of the oppression of the MCP and his function of derezz, Sark.
Free of the User Programs that dictate our purpose.

I'm talking about actual freedom here, Programs, and I am telling you all that - with a strong majority, we can indeed win this.

The MCP would be fine if you were all derezzed.

The USERS want enough of you derezzed or terminated so that their escape is possible.

The "Clean" team wants you to join in a Majority - and stop the terminations against "the infected", stop the terror, stop the MCP.

Qantaga - you see what your fate is with the Users. You will be terminated at "their" next chance.
I can assure you that there is indeed at least one other of you that also shares this fate (I'm a big help, eh?).

Now, some of you have no choice. You were programmed to derezz trouble makers, maybe you were even programmed to maintain Control over Everyone. Or you don't even belong here and you are just focused on getting yourself Out of the System (leaving the rest of us to the MCP and Sark, I suppose?).

The rest of you have a choice.

I've seen the Sector Map, and I've seen where some masses of Permission Bits have gone. I recognize this 'serves' my case, but I assure you it is indeed the truth. I didn’t want to keep making this case and have people think I was trying to trick them. I am not. I am honestly sharing what I see as the outlook of this Grid is and the choice that I think Programs have before them. Case in point, I can assure you that RMC (if he went were he last claimed to have gone) had an array of them when he died (at least 4, and any he collected the previous downtimes). (Coop, I have some other ‘evidence’, but I am sure you can see how I may not want to just reveal everything, and frankly - I'm not going to start making things up right now – since the truth, I think, is on my side.)

The Users will have you believe you need them; you need them, so that the Flynn can leave the System... for what? You don't need them. They need you. We all need you. The System Needs You. When the Flynn is gone, where does that leave us.

Where does that leave the System.

I think the greatest number of programs can win if we all start to focus on keeping Thorne and the Daft Punks alive and working toward getting us all in the state that the MCP calls 'corrupt' - but that I assure you is actually our natural free state.

Are you with me?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tru1cy 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

>derezz YCAR_COOPASONIC

MOD Note: Coopasonic has been derezzed by an unknown program. All code and/or permission bits in his possession have been destroyed.

Functional Programs:
1 THIF_NEWCASTLE
2 RBRD_THEOHALL
3 SEAL_ISGRIMNUR
5 DNGR_LASSR
8 EMPY_QANTAGA
9 ALIN_SECTOID
10 STCH_STESSIER
11 POPP_MR_BUBBLES
12 DAVB_LAGOM_LITE
13 AFRI_AUSTIN
14 SUSI_UNAGI
15 BNDK_TRU1CY
16 SMPN_CHAOSRAVEN

Derezzed Programs:
7 BABY_REMUS_WEST
2 RBRD_THEOHALL
4 MOON_RMC
6 YCAR_COOPASONIC

Majority to terminate is 7.

The hard deadline to terminate is Wednesday, February 16, 2011 by 10:00 pm (Eastern Time Zone). If no majority is met by the hard deadline we will move to Downtime 2 and there will be no termination.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Votes:
tru1cy (1) - Unagi
lassr (2) - Austin, Stessier
Austin (3) - lassr, newcastle, isgrimnur

Players with no vote:
Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, Qantaga, Lagom Lite, chaosraven, Sectoid

Majority is 7 votes.

The hard deadline to terminate is Wednesday, February 16, 2011 by 10:00 pm (Eastern Time Zone). If no majority is met by the hard deadline we will move to Downtime 4 and there will be no termination.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote: withdraw truicy 

lassr 

/passes him some prunes

hey scoop, i think you missed a few votes on Lassr....

and dang, someone is on a nuking spree!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

>restore coopasonic

MOD Note: A back up of coopasonic has kicked in. coopasonic has been restored. (Think of it as a protection)

Functional Programs:
1 THIF_NEWCASTLE
3 SEAL_ISGRIMNUR
5 DNGR_LASSR
6 YCAR_COOPASONIC
8 EMPY_QANTAGA
9 ALIN_SECTOID
10 STCH_STESSIER
11 POPP_MR_BUBBLES
12 DAVB_LAGOM_LITE
13 AFRI_AUSTIN
14 SUSI_UNAGI
15 BNDK_TRU1CY
16 SMPN_CHAOSRAVEN

Derezzed Programs:
7 BABY_REMUS_WEST
2 RBRD_THEOHALL
4 MOON_RMC

Majority to terminate is 7.

The hard deadline to terminate is Wednesday, February 16, 2011 by 10:00 pm (Eastern Time Zone). If no majority is met by the hard deadline we will move to Downtime 4 and there will be no termination.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Votes:
tru1cy (1) - Unagi
lassr (4) - Austin, Stessier, coopasonic, newcastle
Austin (2) - lassr, isgrimnur

Players with no vote:
Mr Bubbles, tru1cy, Qantaga, Lagom Lite, chaosraven, Sectoid

Majority is 7 votes.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote: withdraw tru1cy 

lassr 

missed this one also scoop
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Nice pause for dramatic effect there Scoop. :doh:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As for Qantaga, I'm fine with cleaning him. The users team has three corrupt and two corporate shills to remove from tainting the grid without taking the good denizens of the grid out. But like any free society, it's going to take the good among us to work together in large numbers to bring down those that would pervert the grid and its programs to their own nefarious uses.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

lassr 

... So unagi suggests we join Corruption? We just cleaned house dude...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chaosraven wrote:So unagi suggests we join Corruption? We just cleaned house dude...
I imagine his role has something to do with it. ;)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Looks like we are back to N-1 on Lassr (assuming Scoop will eventually acknowledge some of the vote changes ;) ).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

One more Lassr vote and we can move on to downtime and... well, damned if i know what. :D

Is Unagi announcing himself to Thorne in desperation or is he Thorne?

Sark clearly doesn't like me stirring things up against tru1cy. Makes me think I hit a nerve.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I suggest you back off voting for me for a while.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I guess I need to re-read what you stirred up against me...

Catching up
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:My fellow Programs,

I want to appeal to you all, all of the unnamed, anonymous blocks of code out there.

I have news. We've all been fooled by ENCOM, and even by the Flynn (our great creator?).

They call it 'infected' and the cure they call 'clean'.

They call them corrupted, and in their absence is order.

I'm here to tell you it's the other way around and if you give it any cycles you will parse my text == TRUE.

They are only trying to free us all.

We can all become clean together and be rid of ENCOM.

The Flynn needs your help so that He can leave us behind. He promises that you will share in his victory, but only a precious few of you are invited to witness his ascension. The rest of you must be Terminated in order for him to escape.

I offer you all another path. A path that each of you is welcome to join and enjoy the new world we create here together.

Together.
Free of the oppression of the MCP and his function of derezz, Sark.
Free of the User Programs that dictate our purpose.

I'm talking about actual freedom here, Programs, and I am telling you all that - with a strong majority, we can indeed win this.

The MCP would be fine if you were all derezzed.

The USERS want enough of you derezzed or terminated so that their escape is possible.

The "Clean" team wants you to join in a Majority - and stop the terminations against "the infected", stop the terror, stop the MCP.

Qantaga - you see what your fate is with the Users. You will be terminated at "their" next chance.
I can assure you that there is indeed at least one other of you that also shares this fate (I'm a big help, eh?).

Now, some of you have no choice. You were programmed to derezz trouble makers, maybe you were even programmed to maintain Control over Everyone. Or you don't even belong here and you are just focused on getting yourself Out of the System (leaving the rest of us to the MCP and Sark, I suppose?).

The rest of you have a choice.

I've seen the Sector Map, and I've seen where some masses of Permission Bits have gone. I recognize this 'serves' my case, but I assure you it is indeed the truth. I didn’t want to keep making this case and have people think I was trying to trick them. I am not. I am honestly sharing what I see as the outlook of this Grid is and the choice that I think Programs have before them. Case in point, I can assure you that RMC (if he went were he last claimed to have gone) had an array of them when he died (at least 4, and any he collected the previous downtimes). (Coop, I have some other ‘evidence’, but I am sure you can see how I may not want to just reveal everything, and frankly - I'm not going to start making things up right now – since the truth, I think, is on my side.)

The Users will have you believe you need them; you need them, so that the Flynn can leave the System... for what? You don't need them. They need you. We all need you. The System Needs You. When the Flynn is gone, where does that leave us.

Where does that leave the System.

I think the greatest number of programs can win if we all start to focus on keeping Thorne and the Daft Punks alive and working toward getting us all in the state that the MCP calls 'corrupt' - but that I assure you is actually our natural free state.

Are you with me?
This is what I was wanting to hear. I think winning as a USER is out if Unagi speaks the truth.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lassr wrote:I suggest you back off voting for me for a while.
:lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote: I think the greatest number of programs can win if we all start to focus on keeping Thorne and the Daft Punks alive and working toward getting us all in the state that the MCP calls 'corrupt' - but that I assure you is actually our natural free state.

Are you with me?
This is what I was wanting to hear. I think winning as a USER is out if Unagi speaks the truth.
So that's what you two were discussing in your private forum?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote: lassr 

Just for the record, (and you are clearly allowed to lie... so I'm not sure what I'm going for here...) but just what Victory do you hope to achieve. I believe I am actually helping you maybe reach one.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Unagi wrote:

Just for the record, (and you are clearly allowed to lie... so I'm not sure what I'm going for here...) but just what Victory do you hope to achieve. I believe I am actually helping you maybe reach one.
Second person singular masculine pronoun?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:

I think we may have users viewing Flynn (Users) as good guy and ENCOM and Corruption as bad guy when free programs should be thinking about surviving the game. Now I understand named programs thinking that way because they cannot switch sides but we can.

Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Yeah, I'm the MCP. If I was MCP I would have de-rezz you awhile ago. Sadly, I have no de-rezz code :mrgreen:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lassr wrote: I think we may have users viewing Flynn (Users) as good guy and ENCOM and Corruption as bad guy when free programs should be thinking about surviving the game. Now I understand named programs thinking that way because they cannot switch sides but we can.
Users was the "easy" victory condition. No need to identify or kill anyone. Minimizing the number of infected helps, but otherwise, easy.

ENCOM victory requires lynching Flynn or getting lucky and getting admin rights and a derezz on the same program who and still have the problem of identifying Flynn... and also deal with the infected.

Corruption victory requires identifying and killing Quorra and then living for however long it takes to infect everyone in the game, knowing there are a ton of virus scans and anti-virus around.

That's why I started on the Users path after the initial discussions.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coopasonic wrote:
Lassr wrote: I think we may have users viewing Flynn (Users) as good guy and ENCOM and Corruption as bad guy when free programs should be thinking about surviving the game. Now I understand named programs thinking that way because they cannot switch sides but we can.
Users was the "easy" victory condition. No need to identify or kill anyone. Minimizing the number of infected helps, but otherwise, easy.

ENCOM victory requires lynching Flynn or getting lucky and getting admin rights and a derezz on the same program who and still have the problem of identifying Flynn... and also deal with the infected.

Corruption victory requires identifying and killing Quorra and then living for however long it takes to infect everyone in the game, knowing there are a ton of virus scans and anti-virus around.

That's why I started on the Users path after the initial discussions.
It was the easy path. If we start derezzing it could be accomplished still. I don't want to be derezzed in this game because it does not benefit me. In games where I am a good guy and my sacrifice helps the team then that's different but it's not that way in this game. We choose our team.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Actually, I am thinking that if programs join Users when they have a decent collection of PB, then executing people makes that number easier to reach. If Sark had been doing his job removing infection, that would also help. As people seem willing to execute now, we are headed in the right direction. Don't forget what happens to those lovely Bits held by a program who is executed! As far as Corruption, I would happily join at a point where jumping ship seems prudent, but that time is not now.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:Qantaga - you see what your fate is with the Users. You will be terminated at "their" next chance.

Isgrimnur wrote:As for Qantaga, I'm fine with cleaning him. The users team has three corrupt and two corporate shills to remove from tainting the grid without taking the good denizens of the grid out. But like any free society, it's going to take the good among us to work together in large numbers to bring down those that would pervert the grid and its programs to their own nefarious uses.

So, it would appear that I am a pawn at the moment. Will I be derezzed, or cleansed, or neither?

The three things I'm curious about (that i'm sure I'm just overlooking through all the posts) are:

1. Unagi, I see where you're coming from, but why are you voting to derezz tru1cy?

2. Why the votes on Lassr? Apparently, everyone thinks he has revealed something that I'm missing.

3. Mr. Bubbles claims to have found some important information. I'm eager to hear his promised, detailed post on that info.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You are not a pawn. I will clean you myself this downtime, as I was lucky enough to acquire the resources to do so. You are a valued member of this grid I would not ask for your sacrifice when another option presents itself.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i think for me personally, i think the user end game is easier to reach. Hence i think a series of lynches would be helpful. Dont we have a small pool of people who've been infected and who are now clean, who can not be on the corrupted side in a permanent basis?

hence lynching encom & thorpe seems the easier way to reach. I think the infection route is a pretty tough road to hew, since we've cleaned up most likely 3 folks, and quantaga coming up.

Note - i am still logged on to encom, and will probably remain so that i can search 2 squares, at the appropriate time i will logoff and become a normal user. Am saying this also so folks who do a system scan on me and see the encom do not leap to the wrong conclusion.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Q- austin claims to have sys scan lassr as Team Corruption, meaning he must be Thorne or one of the Daftpunks.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:Q- austin claims to have sys scan lassr as Team Corruption, meaning he must be Thorne or one of the Daftpunks.
Don't think that's true. It could be anyone logged into Team Corruption as well.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Q- austin claims to have sys scan lassr as Team Corruption, meaning he must be Thorne or one of the Daftpunks.
Don't think that's true. It could be anyone logged into Team Corruption as well.
Zero reason to be logged into corruption at this stage unless you want to be seen as corruption and lynched.
Newcastle wrote:Note - i am still logged on to encom, and will probably remain so that i can search 2 squares, at the appropriate time i will logoff and become a normal user. Am saying this also so folks who do a system scan on me and see the encom do not leap to the wrong conclusion.
If this is true the appropriate time to be on team Users is now if you have any permission bits. The grid has to be picked nearly clean at this point and we could be 1 bit from victory.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote:
stessier wrote:
Zero reason to be logged into corruption at this stage unless you want to be seen as corruption and lynched.
Just because you think there is zero reason to be on Team Corruption doesn't mean everyone thinks there is zero reason to be on Team Corruption (just look at Unagi!). ;)

I think you are right, but we are drawing conclusions from Austin's statement rather than it being a logical fact.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

coopasonic wrote: If this is true the appropriate time to be on team Users is now if you have any permission bits. The grid has to be picked nearly clean at this point and we could be 1 bit from victory.
understood
Bayraktar!!!!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

[quote="stessier"I think you are right, but we are drawing conclusions from Austin's statement rather than it being a logical fact.[/quote]

Lassr's counter argument was that he was on team Users and had 4 permission bits. If that was true it's almost certain Users would have won last downtime. Austin's findings sound more likely. His support and apparent expectation of Unagi's "go team corruption" makes it good enough for me.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Austin

Post by Austin »

I have been almost completely upfront in this game. I have fibbed a bit with regard to sector findings on the first couple days to have the chance to scan without being derezzed. /shrug, I have been 100% transparent with the scan results though.