BSG Boardgame 2: All of this has happened before...

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: BSG Boardgame 2: All of this has happened before...

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:Cavil discards hand.

Thanks for doing that Scoop. :D
Meh - he had just done that on my turn and only had 2 treachery. Scoop's draw made that a wash.
Cavil will only draw two cards now...which means instead of being able to contribute a card in each of the next four checks he will be only contributing to 2 checks instead. Only having his turn right now saves it from being a huge thing for us.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Maybe Cavil can use the "Caprica - Action" to draw two crisis cards and pick the one that has no jump icon on it? Unless he has a better card in his hand.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Maybe Cavil can use the "Caprica - Action" to draw two crisis cards and pick the one that has no jump icon on it? Unless he has a better card in his hand.
I doubt that. It hasn't had the greatest success rate in the past for people who make the mistake of doing that. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

On the other hand, if he has a sympathetic agenda he may just do that to try and give us a jump icon assuming his goal has been met. To bad you don't know any better than we do which side he works for. :tjg:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:On the other hand, if he has a sympathetic agenda he may just do that to try and give us a jump icon assuming his goal has been met. To bad you don't know any better than we do which side he works for. :tjg:
I'd have more angst had I been working on this side for a while. As it is, I joined a losing side and doing anything other than that is a bonus. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:On the other hand, if he has a sympathetic agenda he may just do that to try and give us a jump icon assuming his goal has been met. To bad you don't know any better than we do which side he works for. :tjg:
I'd have more angst had I been working on this side for a while. As it is, I joined a losing side and doing anything other than that is a bonus. :)
Of course the fact that, should the humans win, you will have been a Cylon during the only 2 times I have ever won as a human shouldn't bother you at all. Nope. Not one whit. :P
stessier

Post by stessier »

I really, really wish I could make Octocon so I could remedy that record. :evil:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:I really, really wish I could make Octocon so I could remedy that record. :evil:
you're not going? Its looking more and more like I'm going to make it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:I really, really wish I could make Octocon so I could remedy that record. :evil:
I don't think so.

I have to go back to MA in June which requires 2 nights of hotel points coming and going. I don't think I have enough to make the trip to Chicago free and paying actual money is not in the budget. I'm trying to see if we can stop at my brother's each way, which would free up some points, but it's very iffy at the moment as his place would make for a long drive/short drive instead of 2 level loaded days.

You coaching poorly just so you can be sure to have that weekend free??
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think you guys should have OctoCon in MA so that stessier can make it. Also have it in my house, so that I can make it. :)
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I forgot we have a large contingent out there!

The reason for the trip is my wife is going to help her mother move to NJ. She's staying for about a month. I have to fly back and work inbetween. But my parent's are watching our kids for the first 2 weeks, so my wife and I are planning on a little vacation - our first one in 4 years and only second since our honeymoon 7 years ago. One plan is Vegas, but our backup, cheaper plan is time in/around Boston. Might have to do a get together one night if that happens. Quiet bar and BSG - what more could one ask for?? :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I don't think so.

I have to go back to MA in June which requires 2 nights of hotel points coming and going. I don't think I have enough to make the trip to Chicago free and paying actual money is not in the budget. I'm trying to see if we can stop at my brother's each way, which would free up some points, but it's very iffy at the moment as his place would make for a long drive/short drive instead of 2 level loaded days.

You coaching poorly just so you can be sure to have that weekend free??
I just need time away from them as they are not a very coachable group so it takes a lot more fight than to get them there than I am happy with. Plus I think that a lot of times with young teams having a substitue coach for a weekend actually makes them buy more into what I am telling them when I come back.

If you need some place to stay you are certainly welcome to use floor space in our room at the Motel 6. It is a dive but you shouldn't catch anything incurable unless you fail to keep an eye on Chaosraven at all times.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Remus West wrote:
So I can put you on the tentative list?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

hentzau wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Look at you poaching our game thread. :lol:
Yeah, go ahead and add me to the tentative list. I still can not promise anything as I do need to get the kids running smoothly as a team before I unleash them on some poor unsuspecting S.O.B. so I do have some work to do before I can commit.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hentzau wrote:
Remus West wrote:
uh...so have you been listening in this whole time, or do you have an auto-alert set up whenever someone posts "Octocon? :D
Black Lives Matter.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

El Guapo wrote:
hentzau wrote:
Remus West wrote:
uh...so have you been listening in this whole time, or do you have an auto-alert set up whenever someone posts "Octocon? :D
:ninja:
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well now I know the hentzau signal. Octocon krokinole musical theatre!
Black Lives Matter.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

El Guapo wrote:Well now I know the hentzau signal. Octocon krokinole musical theatre!
Crokinole. Get it right, philistine.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:I forgot we have a large contingent out there!

The reason for the trip is my wife is going to help her mother move to NJ. She's staying for about a month. I have to fly back and work inbetween. But my parent's are watching our kids for the first 2 weeks, so my wife and I are planning on a little vacation - our first one in 4 years and only second since our honeymoon 7 years ago. One plan is Vegas, but our backup, cheaper plan is time in/around Boston. Might have to do a get together one night if that happens. Quiet bar and BSG - what more could one ask for?? :lol:
Chaz has a copy of BSG, so I might be able to talk him into that if you're looking for Boston-area BSG that weekend. :)
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:I think you guys should have OctoCon in MA so that stessier can make it. Also have it in my house, so that I can make it. :)
Maybe you should pick a date and host one like Hentzau does. Build it and they will come. Maybe. Depends on the date and how much it costs to get to MA. :)
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Well, at least we know all of the humans and Cylons now. Now it's just a race to get three jump icon crises without losing too much population (or other resources, or damage on Galactica).
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

By the way, I do still have my Repair card. Something to keep in mind for Grund's turn if he has or draws an XO. That'd get me out of Sickbay, get the Engine Room repaired, AND get me in position to use it on my turn.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zurai wrote:By the way, I do still have my Repair card. Something to keep in mind for Grund's turn if he has or draws an XO. That'd get me out of Sickbay, get the Engine Room repaired, AND get me in position to use it on my turn.
This seems like a sound idea. Though obviously we'll need to see what the situation is on Grund's turn (and whether he has an XO).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I think you guys should have OctoCon in MA so that stessier can make it. Also have it in my house, so that I can make it. :)
Maybe you should pick a date and host one like Hentzau does. Build it and they will come. Maybe. Depends on the date and how much it costs to get to MA. :)
The problem with your idea is that it requires me to do the organizing, rather than someone else doing it and me freeloading. :)
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:There could be one more Cylon.
um....no there couldn't. There are only two cylon loyalty cards in this game, at least as I understand it.

Unless you're counting Chaos/Cavil.
Black Lives Matter.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

El Guapo wrote:There are only two cylon loyalty cards in this game, at least as I understand it.
Not three?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:
El Guapo wrote:There are only two cylon loyalty cards in this game, at least as I understand it.
Not three?
Nope, only 2 and no sympathizers.

Unless you are about to reveal? Then I would be wrong. But happy. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Not three?
Only two. You, El Guapo, Zurai, and myself can now rest easy knowing we are all human.

I also have repair cards so XO either Dee or myself will get things fixed. I don't know about Dee, need to check, but I draw no green so can not get an XO. I'm happy to sit on the engine room though and trigger that repeatedly as the Piloting cards I get are typically useless for us in checks.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Not three?
Only two. You, El Guapo, Zurai, and myself can now rest easy knowing we are all human.

I also have repair cards so XO either Dee or myself will get things fixed. I don't know about Dee, need to check, but I draw no green so can not get an XO. I'm happy to sit on the engine room though and trigger that repeatedly as the Piloting cards I get are typically useless for us in checks.
It'll be fun when Scoop and I only pick the Checks that use them. :twisted:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Not three?

It'll be fun when Scoop and I only pick the Checks that use them. :twisted:
You do that. We will take the jump icons that come with them happily. :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:It'll be fun when Scoop and I only pick the Checks that use them. :twisted:
Are they truly linked?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:It'll be fun when Scoop and I only pick the Checks that use them. :twisted:
Are they truly linked?
As far as you know. :tjg:
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I do draw green and I do also have an XO handy. Getting Remus to the Pegasus may be a better option then, especially as there are 4 civvie ships active currently and I can move all four of them if needed (using Dee's special ability).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zurai wrote:I do draw green and I do also have an XO handy. Getting Remus to the Pegasus may be a better option then, especially as there are 4 civvie ships active currently and I can move all four of them if needed (using Dee's special ability).
If you have an XO then you should move somewhere and XO me. I'll go to the Pegasus and repair the Engine room. That way I will get to draw my hand and we will both be out of sickbay.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Zurai wrote:I do draw green and I do also have an XO handy. Getting Remus to the Pegasus may be a better option then, especially as there are 4 civvie ships active currently and I can move all four of them if needed (using Dee's special ability).
If you have an XO then you should move somewhere and XO me. I'll go to the Pegasus and repair the Engine room. That way I will get to draw my hand and we will both be out of sickbay.
Smart.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yes, we're waiting on Cavil.

If Grund has an XO, he should XO Dee. Dee then moves to Pegasus and repairs the engine. On Dee's turn, Dee XO's Remus, who moves to Pegasus and activates the engine room.

That way both Dee and Boomer draw their hands, the engine is repaired, and we are guaranteed a jump icon. I have an XO as well, so I can XO Boomer if helpful to activate the engine on my turn.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:Yes, we're waiting on Cavil.

If Grund has an XO, he should XO Dee. Dee then moves to Pegasus and repairs the engine. On Dee's turn, Dee XO's Remus, who moves to Pegasus and activates the engine room.

That way both Dee and Boomer draw their hands, the engine is repaired, and we are guaranteed a jump icon. I have an XO as well, so I can XO Boomer if helpful to activate the engine on my turn.
This sounds like a good plan. Also, if Dee or I have a scout on your turn you should XO that player so we can check your crisis card. If it has an icon and is not horrid we can keep it and if not we can use the second action from the XO to activate the Engine room and make sure the next one at least has an icon.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sounds good. I also have the other nuke burning a hole in my pocket, so if another base star jumps in during the meantime I can always nuke one instead of an XO. But we'll see when it gets to my turn.
Black Lives Matter.