[WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

tru1cy

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - What is this, like Day 5?

Post by tru1cy »

House MEER!!!! :horse:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lagom Lite wrote:Nice deception by Erde. I thought through the end that stessier was the King. Did you ping each other to conspire and discuss, or did Sectoid simply take the chance to play along?
He played along although I'm not sure why. I can tell you what I hope he saw:
stessier wrote:So we had a plan last night - Champions would ping their Kings so teams could be identified. Not everyone commented on it, but sometimes sensible courses of action need no comment.

Sadly, I received no communications last night. This has troubled me deeply because 1) it shows a severe lack of sense in my House and 2) I took some slightly...some might say cavaleir...actions last night. ;)

In my defense, the odds were in my favor when I did slay Newcastle and Triggercut for the honor of House Erde!! I wonder now if it might not have been folly.

Anyway, I say this now so that all may know the King of Erde yet lives and that I have no stones left to use for protection. If the Champions of House Erde yet live, their mission is clear.

Based on my kills, you can see why I find tru1cy's grouping of Grund/Chaos as a kill pair quite interesting. And why, on my making note of this fact, I might feel I will not survive the night and find it necessary to let all know what has transpired.

So, Sectoid, whom did you slay? And what does everyone think of tru1cy's comment in light of this new information?
No where in here did I ever say I was the King. I said I received no communication (true), that anyone who didn't communicate was cavaleir (true), that the King of Erde lives (true - Sectoid), and that anyone left from Erde should know their role (to protect Sectoid of course) since I was out of stones.

Later on it was clear he was setting himself up to look like the Jester. I was somewhat...miffed...when he came out as the Jester when I did my little ranking. He was way to high on the radar to get away with that type of confusion and it would have kept Dod alive. I was kind of hoping more of the Himmel's would take out the Meers to even things out. As it was, I think only the Meers attacked during the Night of Terror. Just brutal.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:It was quite satisfying to be taken as a King and to get Sectoid hidden as Herr all without ever sending or receiving a ping. I used both my stones to kill Newcastle and Trig as I mentioned. All other talk of communication was a lie. I knew who my King was and I saw Bubbles following him around like a lost puppy.
Take that back. I did not. I had my own reasons for voting for who I did. I just didn't have the time while I was on vacation to explain my votes.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:As it was, I think only the Meers attacked during the Night of Terror. Just brutal.
You figure Izzy and CR both had both their stones coming into that night. That was the reason I rezzed Iz. I had no idea if it would be enough but I figure if Iz comes up with both stones and I blow both stones to stay alive then we get an extra body and two extra stones.

All in all I suck at these games, but Strangely enough, it all turns out well.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
stessier wrote:It was quite satisfying to be taken as a King and to get Sectoid hidden as Herr all without ever sending or receiving a ping. I used both my stones to kill Newcastle and Trig as I mentioned. All other talk of communication was a lie. I knew who my King was and I saw Bubbles following him around like a lost puppy.
Take that back. I did not. I had my own reasons for voting for who I did. I just didn't have the time while I was on vacation to explain my votes.
If it wasn't for the whole "killing the Prince thing", I'm pretty sure I'd be Baron today an you'd be looking for a new job.

:P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I used one of my stones to rez CR and the other to Kill Qantaga
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I was also terrified that rezzing Iz was a mistake and that he was playing me onto his grave... Only the only we should have been playing me is if someone else knew who he was... That's where my paranoia and overthinking without seeing what's right in front of me gets me in trouble and I eventually just commit to a decision right or wrong.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Sorry again Trig. :oops:

And way to lead the charge on Lassr, oh Great and Mighty One! :P
I tried everything to get Sectoid to back off of me. I praised his vote while rediculing others like a good subject would do. I told him he was the leader of the train. I mention Cape Verde hoping he'd pick on the Verde (erde). Nothing. Thought I might get resurrected at the end since I had 2 stones I could use for House of Erde but alas...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:

I tried everything to get Sectoid to back off of me. I praised his vote while rediculing others like a good subject would do. I told him he was the leader of the train. I mention Cape Verde hoping he'd pick on the Verde (erde). Nothing. Thought I might get resurrected at the end since I had 2 stones I could use for House of Erde but alas...
I saw all this when I did my read through on the day we all came out. It was pretty funny and I was terrified someone would read through it and realize I was spoofing. At that point, though, I was stoneless and all I could do was put you in the right House. Ah well.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Yeah, it looked like Meer only won cause we used the rez functions
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

MEER PWNAGE!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Some of my ideas for next time... (should there be one)

1. No names for the Kingdoms. just tell people who their King is. (this should help keep people from a mass reveal)
2. No ranks, this should help Dod hide among the people being killed off.
3. in line with #1 and #2, a SCAN would just reveal if that person follows the same King as you do or not
4. Perhaps give people more stones, but also force certain stones to be certain powers (everyone gets 1 Scan Stone, 2 Multi-purpose, 1 Protect...)
5. Maybe create some type of 'recruit' ability or power or situation, so that people that are 'kingdom-less' can be brought back into the game by another side.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tru1cy wrote:Yeah, it looked like Meer only won cause we used the rez functions
Seemed like a combo of things.

1) stessier killing triggercut and newcastle dealt Erde and Himmel a pretty big blow... especially because both of those players didn't PING their King.
2) Sectoid killing Grund doubled up that blow for Himmel.
3) Lassr goind down screaming unheard hints to his Erde brothers (Cape Verde ???) didn't help.
4) LordMortis leap of faith to Rez Isgrimnur was very big.
5) I think the single most critical event that was crucial to this victory was simply the PING from Chaos to tru1cy.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:

I saw all this when I did my read through on the day we all came out. It was pretty funny and I was terrified someone would read through it and realize I was spoofing. At that point, though, I was stoneless and all I could do was put you in the right House. Ah well.
I was actually thinking that msteelers could easily hide in Newcastle's Herr slot.

That would have let Scoop and Stessier trying to say 'who was who's Herr'.... and Scoop didn't seem to want to talk about that stuff and stessier was playing King, so I thought it could back-fire. But it didn't....

I also thought there was a big chance that Mr Bubbles (this was long ago) came in and said 'Bullshit, stessier is NOT King Erde"
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:

I was actually thinking that msteelers could easily hide in Newcastle's Herr slot.

That would have let Scoop and Stessier trying to say 'who was who's Herr'.... and Scoop didn't seem to want to talk about that stuff and stessier was playing King, so I thought it could back-fire. But it didn't....

I also thought there was a big chance that Mr Bubbles (this was long ago) came in and said 'Bullshit, stessier is NOT King Erde"
I don't know if I was being strategic or just didn't want a mass outing to ruin all the fun.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:Some of my ideas for next time... (should there be one)

1. No names for the Kingdoms. just tell people who their King is. (this should help keep people from a mass reveal)
If you didn't want us to do it, you shouldn't have given us the option. :P
2. No ranks, this should help Dod hide among the people being killed off.
Takes away from the flavor, but yeah, makes sense. Might have to change Dod's winning conditions as well.
3. in line with #1 and #2, a SCAN would just reveal if that person follows the same King as you do or not
Agree.
4. Perhaps give people more stones, but also force certain stones to be certain powers (everyone gets 1 Scan Stone, 2 Multi-purpose, 1 Protect...)
I like! What about a House has a certain number of stones. Either the King can dole them out somehow at the start of the game, or they are randomly distributed. So a House will have 2 Rezs, but maybe only 1 players ends up with that ability. That would be cool.
5. Maybe create some type of 'recruit' ability or power or situation, so that people that are 'kingdom-less' can be brought back into the game by another side.
Could make it part of the Rez power - whoever Rezs you, you belong to that person's sovereign. It even kind of makes game sense.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I don't know if I was being strategic or just didn't want a mass outing to ruin all the fun.
Being 1 of 2 left, that ship had sailed. The fun was ruined. If you had stones left, you definitely should have given in to peer pressure. The stones were far more valuable than keeping Dod alive out of some noble sense of fair play.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

In reply to why I played along with Stess. I only said 1 time that I wasn't the King. When Stess showed the list of Erde players. I said I was the Jester to further complicate things. If I was killed that night, I would have come up King, which would then leave someone else in my house to pickup the key.

Sorry, about that Lassr. You know I am impatient and want to get the game moving as quick as possible. Now, onto another to ruin everything.
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:I was kind of hoping more of the Himmel's would take out the Meers to even things out. As it was, I think only the Meers attacked during the Night of Terror. Just brutal.

Himmel did attack. I killed Chaosraven that night.

I'm curious why stessier and Sectoid didn't heed my warning that killing Dod at that time was handing the game to Meer.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:
stessier wrote:I was kind of hoping more of the Himmel's would take out the Meers to even things out. As it was, I think only the Meers attacked during the Night of Terror. Just brutal.

Himmel did attack. I killed Chaosraven that night.

I'm curious why stessier and Sectoid didn't heed my warning that killing Dod at that time was handing the game to Meer.
It didn't have to be and the threat of Dod winning was real (or at least to me it was - no idea how many stones he had). Who knew Meer was a House who spent their nights holding their stones?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sectoid wrote:In reply to why I played along with Stess. I only said 1 time that I wasn't the King. When Stess showed the list of Erde players. I said I was the Jester to further complicate things. If I was killed that night, I would have come up King, which would then leave someone else in my house to pickup the key.
Great except we were all out of stones. :) And you were close to daytime death - you didn't have to worry about night time. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

As an outsider I'm not sure why any of you were spending your stones. You needed them if you lost a house member. You needed them to reattune keys (if your king died). Not spending stones removed any real threat of the Dragon winning since he needed to hit all three kings at the same time if you kept stones.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:As an outsider I'm not sure why any of you were spending your stones. You needed them if you lost a house member. You needed them to reattune keys (if your king died). Not spending stones removed any real threat of the Dragon winning since he needed to hit all three kings at the same time if you kept stones.
Boring! Go for the TD!!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:As an outsider I'm not sure why any of you were spending your stones. You needed them if you lost a house member. You needed them to reattune keys (if your king died). Not spending stones removed any real threat of the Dragon winning since he needed to hit all three kings at the same time if you kept stones.
Boring! Go for the TD!!
There was no TD in spending stones. The Dragon couldn't be killed by them so until he was gone you were only wasting resources.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Why was it a waste to take out the other houses? It's not like the Dragon was going to rez them. And as I said during the game, spending a stone to kill someone was better than scanning for Dod as it told you two pieces of information with one stone.
Last edited by stessier on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I figured Iz was on my team and had both his stones so I spend one to get two in my mind. I spent the one on myself because I figured I (or Bakhtosh) was most likely to die that night and I wasn't likely to get resurrected later. Probably not the best play but I rarely make the best play.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think Dod tried to kill Sectoid on the night nothing happened (that you refer to LM). Or Lagom. Why did you think you were in trouble? I never had you as a king.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:I think Dod tried to kill Sectoid on the night nothing happened (that you refer to LM). Or Lagom. Why did you think you were in trouble? I never had you as a king.
Killing a king that night was a worthless pursuit. You weren't going to get all three. At least one of them is likely going to be protected whereas Bakhtosh and I would only be protected if we protected ourselves. Why not hold your stones until a more dire time if you are dod? It was better to kill the people revealed who may later become king and maximize your hiding potential while waiting for others to use their stones.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Why was it a waste to take out the other houses? It's not like the Dragon was going to rez them. And as I said during the game, spending a stone to kill someone was better than scanning for Dod as it told you two pieces of information with one stone.
Scanning was a waste of a stone for just what you said but not knowing your house killing was a waste - how could you not have learned that lesson? Killing the other houses was a waste until the Dragon was dead because if you get lucky on killing the other two kings the same night the Dragon nailed yours then you hand him the victory. You risk much and gain extremely little IMO.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

But then I didn't see the big reveal coming at the beginning of the day. I think I might have jumped on the reveal bandwagon earlyish once the winds were known. Possibly right after Prince Mortis did.

I think a living dod really had the odds stacked against him. Now there may have been a way for him dod to conspire to get all three kings in the ground in his absence but I don't know what that conspiracy would have entailed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:Why was it a waste to take out the other houses? It's not like the Dragon was going to rez them. And as I said during the game, spending a stone to kill someone was better than scanning for Dod as it told you two pieces of information with one stone.
Scanning was a waste of a stone for just what you said but not knowing your house killing was a waste - how could you not have learned that lesson? Killing the other houses was a waste until the Dragon was dead because if you get lucky on killing the other two kings the same night the Dragon nailed yours then you hand him the victory. You risk much and gain extremely little IMO.
The Kings were going to be protected every night. There was no risk of killing them. Killing my own House was the bigger risk, but getting a numerical advantage was worth it (imo).
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I want to know Dod's night orders.

I spent stone #1 with a ping
#2 was a self-protect - I hoped that Dod would attempt to kill me to cast suspicion on Sectoid. There would be no chance for me to reattune keys since Lagom would self-protect that night, and I wouldn't survive 3 more nights. I also couldn't rez anyone since I didn't know anyone's identity...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Bakhtosh wrote:I want to know Dod's night orders.

I spent stone #1 with a ping
#2 was a self-protect - I hoped that Dod would attempt to kill me to cast suspicion on Sectoid. There would be no chance for me to reattune keys since Lagom would self-protect that night, and I wouldn't survive 3 more nights. I also couldn't rez anyone since I didn't know anyone's identity...
See, I don't get that thinking. You could have rezzed anyone you wanted. Why was everyone so afraid to make a leap of faith? It was just a game!!

I didn't know Bubbles was on my side, but it sure looked that way. I didn't know that Lagom and tru1cy were telling the truth, but there was nothing vague about their announcements, so it sure looked okay.

Maybe I don't worry about winning enough. :?
Unagi

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

Post by Unagi »

<snort>
or think about it enough.
:lol: :P
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:<snort>
Touche. (And true.) :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:<snort>
Touche. (And true.) :P
Actually, after your Night 1 - you had very little Night strategy to put into play :wink: . but you did strategy-up a lot after that - for the day's activities.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

some stats

Dod's actions:
Night 1: Eat Chaosraven, use no stones
Night 2: Eat Bakhtosh (thwarted by protection), use no stones
Night 3: fly away

stone usage:
Pings: 2
Resurrect: 2
Protect: 9 (Self: 4)
Kill: 9

Bravest King: tru1cy (never self protected)
Most Murderous Contestant : Sectoid / (LordMortis a near second) (sorry stessier)
  • (Sectoid: Lassr, Grundbegriff, Isgrimnur, msteelers, Lagom Lite)
  • (LordMortis: Lassr, Isgrimnur, msteelers, Lagom Lite, msteelers) -(Isgrimnur)
Biggest Wuss: Isgrimnur (4 'no votes')

Interesting events:
Night 1: seeing 1/3 chance being not good enough, stessier doubles up and manages to kill his own player
Night 2: Mr Bubbles and msteelers both try to Kill Bakhtosh, but he's protected (doubly so)
Night 3: Meer manages to, without any coordination, perfectly take out enemy players with their stones.
  • tru1cy - Kills Qantaga
  • Isgrimnur - Kills Bakhtosh and Mr Bubbles
  • Chaosraven - Kills stessier

Specific Stones (sorted by team):
Lagom Lite 1: Night 2: Protect Lagom Lite (not needed)
Lagom Lite 2: Night 2: Protect Bakhtosh (needed, but redundant)
Bakhtosh 1: Night 1: Ping Lagom Lite
Bakhtosh 2: Night 2: Protect Bakhtosh (needed, but redundant)
Grundbegriff 1: not used
Grundbegriff 2: not used
Newcastle 1: not used
Newcastle 2: not used
Qantaga 1: Night 2: Protect Lagom Lite (not needed)
Qantaga 2: Night 3: Kill Chaosraven (successful)
---
Sectoid 1: Night 1: Kill Grundbegriff (successful)
Sectoid 2: Night 2: Protect Sectoid (not needed)
triggercut 1: not used
triggercut 2: not used
Mr Bubbles 1: Night 2: Kill Bakhtosh
Mr Bubbles 2: Night 3: Protect Sectoid (not needed)
stessier 1: Night 1: Kill triggercut
stessier 2: Night 1: Kill Newcastle
Lassr 1: not used
Lassr 2: not used
---
tru1cy 1: Night 2: Resurrect Chaosraven
tru1cy 2: Night 3: Kill Qantaga (successful)
LordMortis 1: Night 2: Resurrect Isgrimnur
LordMortis 2: Night 2: Protect LordMortis (not needed)
Isgrimnur 1: Night 3: Kill Bakhtosh (successful)
Isgrimnur 2: Night 3: Kill Mr Bubbles (successful)
Scoop20906 1: Night 2: Protect tru1cy (not needed)
Scoop20906 2: Night 4: Protect tru1cy (not needed)
Chaosraven 1: Night 1: Ping tru1cy
Chaosraven 2: Night 3: Kill stessier
---
msteelers 1: not used
msteelers 2: not used
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Biggest Wuss: Isgrimnur (4 'no votes')

Night 3: Meer manages to, without any coordination, perfectly take out enemy players with their stones.
  • tru1cy - Kills Qantaga
  • Isgrimnur - Kills Bakhtosh and Mr Bubbles
  • Chaosraven - Kills stessier
:P Unagi

Thanks for the rez, LM. I appreciate you taking the shot on me telling the truth.

I figured with both my stones left and being a possible verified target for the others that I'd unload both barrels and hit the mid-level guys in the other houses, unlikely targets for protection. We already thought we had an advantage, so I'd try to expand it
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Bah. I tried to tell my Himmel minions not to protect myself or Bak! :P
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

That was wicked... I got killed Twice. (where's my award?)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis