[WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 3 - much less death

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote: false jester 

... ;) ... Stess, I was clumsily accusing LM to push the others to reveal.
My way was faster. :P

And I didn't even see that post. I just had to scroll up to see what the heck you were talking about. I think you must have posted while I was composing, so I never even saw it. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:You're not making life easier and I don't know what to make of your codes our your not entirely truthiness.
Seriously? How else are Kings supposed to confirm their subjects? They have to respond with something we tell them to, otherwise they never got the return ping and are Dod. Dude, I had no stones - I didn't want to throw the whole House under the bus too soon.

And how else did I know to put Sectoid as Herr rather than Newcastle? I don't just make this stuff up usually!

:)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

withdraw Scoop 

Only one I trust is CR at this point
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Stessier and Sectoid. Please both come clean together. The fact that you are conflicting each other means you both would have to die. Get your stories straight, please.

withdrawal Mr. Bubbles 

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Stess is right. I am an idiot. I am also not the Jester of Erde. I was just trying to confuse things more. Why should you all have the info on who is who. Think about it. I confessed to killing Grund. I also said I used my last stone last night to protect my king. If I was P-Doddy, I'd be the worst one evar. So if you still believe I am dod, then kill me. Your constant bickering is driving me insane!
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Sectoid 

Sorry, I don't guess I realized how late it was in the week. Work's been brutal.

PS if it IS Sectoid, I get to say "I told you so"...a lot.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
stessier

Post by stessier »

*sigh*

It is logically impossible for Sectoid to be Dod.

Let me try again.
  1. There are three living people claiming house Erde.
  2. I claimed King.
    1. If this was false, at least one person would say so.
    2. Ergo I am not Dod
  3. I said Sectoid has proven to me by a ping that he is not Dod.
  4. From 2b, Sectoid is not Dod
Listen, we are the smallest House left. Two of us have stated we are out of stones. If you want to wipe us out, there is nothing we can do about it. But Dod is not here. If you want to kill Dod, vote

msteelers 

stessier

Post by stessier »

Sectoid wrote:Stess is right. I am an idiot. I am also not the Jester of Erde. I was just trying to confuse things more. Why should you all have the info on who is who. Think about it. I confessed to killing Grund. I also said I used my last stone last night to protect my king. If I was P-Doddy, I'd be the worst one evar. So if you still believe I am dod, then kill me. Your constant bickering is driving me insane!
For the record, I get what you were trying to do. If you weren't the least trusted, it might have worked. Claiming a role that would throw suspicion on others would get them to whack their own Houses and even things out. Problem is, you were the most likely target of the mob, so the play was...ill advised. Good thought though! :D
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Votes:
Against Sectoid (5) : Lagom Lite, Qantaga, msteelers, LordMortis, Bakhtosh
Against msteelers (2) : Sectoid, stessier
Against Scoop20906 (2) : Mr Bubbles, Isgrimnur

No vote (3) : Chaosraven, tru1cy, Scoop20906

Majority: 7

Sundown is Midnight, Wednesday January 26th
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Sectoid is not dod.. I can attest to that.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Sectoid is not dod.. I can attest to that.
Something stinks in the state of Denmark.

Issy, Chaos, tru1cy, LM: lets not take any unnecessary chances. I say we vote off Mr. Bubbles and then vote off msteelers tomorrow.

accuse Mr. Bubbles 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:

Issy, Chaos, tru1cy, LM: lets not take any unnecessary chances. I say we vote off Mr. Bubbles and then vote off msteelers tomorrow.

accuse Mr. Bubbles 

You'd be wrong at least on my account, but without curiosity for why I said what I said, I'd say you jumped up a bit on my radar.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

accuse Mr. Bubbles 

You'd be wrong at least on my account, but without curiosity for why I said what I said, I'd say you jumped up a bit on my radar.
There was no need to ask. It's either an obvious lie or something you shouldn't have revealed. Either way it's good for House Meer that you are today's vote.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

accuse Mr. Bubbles 

There was no need to ask. It's either an obvious lie or something you shouldn't have revealed. Either way it's good for House Meer that you are today's vote.
If you are thinking king.. you'd be wrong, but it's obviously you haven't through my revelation very thoroughly... I'm enjoying your push on me.. It makes you seem dodish...
Bertrand Russell
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

accuse Mr. Bubbles 

If you are thinking king.. you'd be wrong, but it's obviously you haven't through my revelation very thoroughly... I'm enjoying your push on me.. It makes you seem dodish...
Two ways you could know that:
1) You've pinged Stess, and he gave you a list of House Erde's members, and that list included Sectoid, which means you're likely house Erde too.

2) You scanned Sectoid.

I suppose it's possible you & sectoid exchanged a ping, but that's improbable.

withdraw Sectoid 

until we get this cleared up.

If Bubbles & Stess both attest that Sectoid is legit, that clears Sectoid.
Bubbles is still on the bubble until someone can give us his bonafides.

Since that would be a foolish move on Bubbles' part if he is Dod, we're probably looking at a lynch on Scoop today. Before we strike up the bandwagon on this parade, anyone other than Scoop want to give me a reason not to vote him?

Just to throw a bit of meta into the mix, Unagi could have selected CR as Scoop/Dod's night kill at random when Brossi didn't show up to submit orders. That does fit.
stessier

Post by stessier »

:doh:

Why give anyone evidence of your stone usage when it was already proven that it was logically impossible for Sectoid to be Dod??

I weep for my House. Inbred bastards all. :(

And killing Scoop is the wrong play. msteelers is Dod. We don't know how many stones, if any, Dod has used. We also don't know how many stones are left to protect the Kings. We can't risk going into a night with Dod having 3 chances to kill and us with no protection. Do must die today.
stessier

Post by stessier »

For more proof on Scoop, do the Rank puzzle below (knowing that Bubbles and Sectoid are in the right place) and find a way for him to be Dod. It's not possible. It even shows that Bakhtosh and Qantaga can't be lying about their claims. msteelers is Dod.

Now if you are trying to get Scoop lynched so the Houses are more even, fine - say that. Don't hide behind impossibilities.

Himmel
King - Lagom
Prince - Bakhtosh
Baron
Herr
Jester - Qantaga

Other: msteelers

Meer
King - tru1cy
Prince
Baron - Isgrimnur
Herr
Jester - Chaos

Other: LM, Scoop

Erde
King - stessier
Prince
Baron - Bubbles
Herr - Sectoid
Jester - Lassr

Unclaimed

trig (Prince) - Meer/Erde
Newcastle (Herr) Himmel/Meer/Erde
Grund (Baron) - Himmel/Erde
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote: msteelers is Dod.

Now if you are trying to get Scoop lynched so the Houses are more even, fine - say that. Don't hide behind impossibilities.

So, I guess that's the question. Kill Dod now and leave a full House Meer in play for the end game? Or vote off a Meer, give Dod one more night, and see if things balance out a little overnight.

I imagine offing Dod is the right play, but I'll need to think it through. For now:

withdraw Sectoid 

If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

msteelers 

Dod first and House fighting next
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

CR, do you know if you were killed by Dod or by a stone? Just curious because according to both my and Stess' posts, you are the only unaccounted for death. Maybe I missed someone confessing to that, but just wanted to clear it up.
Model Mayhem # 641920
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

As much as I'd like to kill Scoop  msteelers 

Bertrand Russell
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Here's something for Erde and Himmel to think about: If we kill Dod now and if the Meercats can kill one more of {Erde,Himmel} tonight with stones, than we can kill of them, they will have achieved equality in numbers to the other two houses. We will not be able to vote any of them off, so we will lose one more {Erde, Himmel} tomorrow possibly (uncertain what Unagi would do in a stalemate vote).

It seems to me that killing Dod swings the game tremendously in Meer's favor.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote: msteelers 

Dod first and House fighting next
So sayth my liege ... :sigh:

msteelers 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Qantaga wrote:Here's something for Erde and Himmel to think about: If we kill Dod now and if the Meercats can kill one more of {Erde,Himmel} tonight with stones, than we can kill of them, they will have achieved equality in numbers to the other two houses. We will not be able to vote any of them off, so we will lose one more {Erde, Himmel} tomorrow possibly (uncertain what Unagi would do in a stalemate vote).

Of course the stones are always the x factor. But I still think dod needs to go.
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

msteelers 

Honestly, I'm not convinced that Izzy or Scoop are part of meer but I'm still proceeding from that assumption. The only reason I trust chaosraven in part of meer is because Tru1cy said so.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Qantaga wrote:Here's something for Erde and Himmel to think about: If we kill Dod now and if the Meercats can kill one more of {Erde,Himmel} tonight with stones, than we can kill of them, they will have achieved equality in numbers to the other two houses. We will not be able to vote any of them off, so we will lose one more {Erde, Himmel} tomorrow possibly (uncertain what Unagi would do in a stalemate vote).

I think the other way is true. I think things are theoretically in Meer's right now but after we lynch dod, it will become for a free for all on our house. I'm hoping we have enough stones left in our house to keep that from happening but it would appear that we've gone stone happy. :oops:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Votes:
Against Sectoid (2) : Lagom Lite, msteelers
Against msteelers (6) : Sectoid, stessier, tru1cy, Mr Bubbles, Scoop20906, LordMortis
Against Scoop20906 (1) : Isgrimnur

No vote (3) : Chaosraven, Bakhtosh, Qantaga

Sundown is Midnight, Wednesday January 26th
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Let's get this party moving:

msteelers 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Votes:
Against Sectoid (2) : Lagom Lite, msteelers
Against msteelers (7) : Sectoid, stessier, tru1cy, Mr Bubbles, Scoop20906, LordMortis, Isgrimnur

No vote (3) : Chaosraven, Bakhtosh, Qantaga

Majority has been achieved. Voting is closed.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The warriors began to build into groups, uneasy groups whose trust in one another varied greatly.

Today it was msteelers that seemed to be outnumbered, as he found himself surrounded by more and more contestants he became unable to fend them off.

Soon, a blade hit its mark and plunged into msteelers side.

With his free hand, msteelers grabbed the blade pulled it out - letting out a terrible scream as the blade came free.

Before everyone, the man msteelers began to transform. While they stared on in amazement, he grew easily ten times in volume as huge black leathery wings unfolded behind him.

Everyone was caught off guard by the sudden transformation and not a single one of them had ever been this close to Dod before.

At once, every remaining human joined into a single mass and charged the creature.

He snapped at their blades and began to beat his wings. Just the force of air was enough to give the warriors pause.

Before the warriors could regroup, Dod was gone and heading off to the lands of Trekongedommer.

This wasn't over. If these warriors couldn't resolve this contest once and for all, Dod could still very well dominate this land.

The sunset was vivid and the night ahead seemed critical to everyone.

The gates had risen without anyone's notice. One warrior started to walk off to his alcove, and the others all followed his lead.

As night fell, each of the contestants felt in their pockets for a Macht Stone....

Nightly Boiler Plate:

All Contestants:
Will you use 1 or more of your Macht Stones tonight?
  • If more than 1 Macht Stone is to be used, make that clear, as both orders are needed before I will proceed.
  • I still require an "I do nothing" order from anyone that still has any Macht Stones left but plans not to use any tonight.
  • I need all orders before I can/will process any of the orders.
Dod:
Who will you kill tonight?

DEADLINE: All Night Orders are Due by SUNDAY, JANUARY 23th, Midnight (Central)
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Contestants
1. Qantaga
2. Lagom Lite
3. msteelers - Dod
4. tru1cy
5. Newcastle - Herr
6. Isgrimnur - Baron
7. stessier
8. Bakhtosh
9. Sectoid
10. Grundbegriff - Baron
11. LordMortis
12. Mr Bubbles
13. Scoop20906
14. triggercut - Prince
15. Lassr - King
16. Chaosraven - King
LordMortis

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Night 3 - a big night

Post by LordMortis »

Good night Wesley. I'll probably kill you in the morning.

Really. I don't expect to be around tomorrow, so it's been fun.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Yeah, yeah. Stop your (thinly veiled) gloating Dread Pirate Mortis. :)

Meer just skyrocketed to the top of the charts. It will take a miracle for Erde or Himmel to win now. Our only hope is that Meer is out of stones (highly unlikely) or that we can guess who they'll try to kill tonight (mostly unlikely, since it looks like Erde has used most of their stones and I have no idea how many stones Lagom and Bakhtosh have left). I only have one stone (protected Lagom last night), so I suppose I will have to try to kill some Meer-ite tonight or the game really will be over.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is not gloating. I expect to see a vast drop in Meer tonight. How this plays out is going to really be an exceptionally interesting game of if the poison in front of you or me, followed by a Meer execution. Repeat. And then either extort or extol against a dod win, which may happen by accident anyway.
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Hey Bakhtosh...I TOLD YOU SO!
Model Mayhem # 641920
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Sectoid wrote:Hey Bakhtosh...I TOLD YOU SO!
:grund:
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:Good night Wesley. I'll probably kill you in the morning.

Really. I don't expect to be around tomorrow, so it's been fun.
+1
stessier

Post by stessier »

Hey Lagom - we were so close to getting Dod when he started acting all defensive! I wonder what the game would have looked like had that happened.

Oh, and hooray for Inbred Logic!!!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier wrote:Hey Lagom - we were so close to getting Dod when he started acting all defensive! I wonder what the game would have looked like had that happened.
Yeah, I'm totally impressed with us! Now let's see where we're headed... Oblivion, probably. :shock:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club