[WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Meer win everything

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 3 - much less death

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:So you know what houses that Triggercute, Newcastle and Grundbegriff are part of, huh?
I will after you give me yours.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Contest has begun

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:Lassr was a [/color]King.
Mr Bubbles wrote:Huzzah.. Suck to have been in his house.
Heh. :doh:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:So you know what houses that Triggercute, Newcastle and Grundbegriff are part of, huh?
Ok, lets say I spill. What happens once we kill the Dod and everyone knows who everyone is? Where is the fun in that? :twisted:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 2 - much death

Post by stessier »

msteelers wrote:
stessier wrote:Killing either Lagom or Bakhtosh during the day is just silly.
Nobody is talking about killing Bakhtosh, as that is indeed silly. But killing Lagom is far from silly. It hurts Dod and House Himmel. For about 2/3 of the people here, that's a win/win situation.
Um Lagom - might want to go back and look at this part. How do you feel about msteelers claim to your protection?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ok, I've gone back and re-read. I am comfortable with the claims made to my House. Sectoid and Bubbles are under my protection. If we lose, it is on my head.

How do the other Sovereigns feel? If they are all comfortable with the claims, then I guess it is to be Scoop.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I like Scoop's logic. If he is confessing that he's dod, then what's the fun in killing him? :mrgreen:
stessier

Post by stessier »

msteelers wrote:
stessier wrote:Dod doesn't have to be Last Man Standing - he just has to be alive when all the Keys are not attuned. So if he could wake up tomorrow with all the Keys free, he would win no matter how many of us are left.
Dod doesn't actually have to be alive to win. At least that's how I read the rules:
Unagi wrote:Winning Conditions:

For the Dragon:
  • Day breaks and [/color]The Keys to ALL other Kingdoms are attuned to a fallen contestant. (unheld) - the Dragon is victorious.
  • NOTE: The Dragon does not need to be in attendance in order for the Dragon to be victorious
Just a reminder - if we hit Dod today, we want controlled mayhem tonight. We DO NOT WANT all three Kings killed on the same night. We have to keep reattuning the keys to have a winning team.

I know there is no way to control it, but I just want to make sure everyone remembers this rule.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Scoop 

Get off the fence..
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Mr Bubbles

Re: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - The Contest has begun

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:Lassr was a [/color]King.
Mr Bubbles wrote:Huzzah.. Suck to have been in his house.
Heh. :doh:
Why did you have to remind me of that. This is very hurtful and make me look bad. :doh: :( :cry:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

scoop 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote: Scoop 

Get off the fence..
Fine. Tru1cy is my King.

Here was my effort at sending a code to tru1cy.

Subject: [WW] The Rule of Thirds - Day 2 - much death
Scoop20906 wrote:
tru1cy wrote:So why did everyone jump off of Scoop? I'm still of the opinion a new player would have used their stones to dead Grund and CR or I have missed something?
Although its a little unfair considering the circumstances I can say I did not try to kill anyone last night with a stone.

I'm sure, tru1cy, I will give everyone a reason to put their vote back on me soon so I wouldn't get all shook up about it.

I didn't realize the Dod gets an automatic kill each night. If I was the Dod, I know that I do not need to be alive to win the game, just all keys need to be "unheld". Therefore, it might be to my advantage to use all my stones on the first night to prevent a lucky first or second day lynch.

At first I was surprised like LM that a few players choose to kill others on the first night really it makes the most sense. You know who you King is so everyone else is secondary so instead of scanning you should be killing with your stone. A kill order is just as good as scanning in this game and you can hope you kill the Jester on your own team to give cover for your real King.

Also, kill orders are just as good as scans when searching for the Dod. Its even possible that some of the deceased actually hit upon the Dod but didn't survive the night to report. Something to think about...
Yeah, I am not as good at it as you other guys.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

And the great part about this is claiming Meer proves NOTHING!!!!!

Ok, go ahead and kill me.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
I held up my end of the bargain. Your turn, stess.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

withdraw scoop 

so let's have the list and see what we can shake out of it
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier wrote:
msteelers wrote:
stessier wrote:Killing either Lagom or Bakhtosh during the day is just silly.
Nobody is talking about killing Bakhtosh, as that is indeed silly. But killing Lagom is far from silly. It hurts Dod and House Himmel. For about 2/3 of the people here, that's a win/win situation.
Um Lagom - might want to go back and look at this part. How do you feel about msteelers claim to your protection?
Dirty?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

What's the vote count anyway. Unagi, get in here please.

Scoop is right - once the Dragon is dead, it's anarchy. In hindsight, the whole mass-outing scenario should be countered by some rules mechanism since it's too easy for the Houses to exploit this in order to find the Dragon - and what then? With everybody outed, the game turns into a stalemate or a Macht Stone slugfest.

Fwiw, the truth is I think msteelers is Dod. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm actually trying to get him killed or that I'm actually interested in him - I'm too occupied in trying to get the competing Houses killed.

Poor Dod.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:And the great part about this is claiming Meer proves NOTHING!!!!!

Neat. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Are you prince or herr? (Assuming that cr and isgrimnur are both meer)

I'm still wondering what happens when we time out.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lagom Lite wrote:What's the vote count anyway. Unagi, get in here please.

Scoop is right - once the Dragon is dead, it's anarchy. In hindsight, the whole mass-outing scenario should be countered by some rules mechanism since it's too easy for the Houses to exploit this in order to find the Dragon - and what then? With everybody outed, the game turns into a stalemate or a Macht Stone slugfest.

Fwiw, the truth is I think msteelers is Dod. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm actually trying to get him killed or that I'm actually interested in him - I'm too occupied in trying to get the competing Houses killed.

Poor Dod.
The rule mechanism is there. If all three Keys are unheld at any time, Dod wins, dead or alive. We just made that scenario a whole lot more likely by getting everyone aligned. It's also better to take Dod out today because it puts us in control of the anarchy at night and we know there will be no more autokills - just what we do to ourselves.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

But then, assuming we have stones everywhere and we dod cornered I don't care so much about killing him.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:And the great part about this is claiming Meer proves NOTHING!!!!!

Neat. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Are you prince or herr? (Assuming that cr and isgrimnur are both meer)

I'm still wondering what happens when we time out.
Well, considering that I know my rank than I know yours and you probably understand now why I fought so hard to keep my information to myself. Right?

Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

We are never going to make it out of here alive!! Well, I probably won't anyway. So long as my king does, I really don't care. Let's just vote someone out. I don't care if it is me at this point. Ughhhh.... :doh:
(V)(;,,;)(V) - Why not Zoidberg?
Model Mayhem # 641920
stessier

Post by stessier »

Tremble before my godlike powers of deduction!

Himmel
King - Lagom
Prince - Bakhtosh
Baron - msteelers
Herr - Newcastle
Jester - Qantaga

Meer
King - tru1cy
Prince - triggercut
Baron - Isgrimnur
Herr - LM
Jester - Chaos

Other: Scoop

Erde
King - stessier
Prince - Bubbles
Baron - Grund
Herr - Sectoid
Jester - Lassr

So how did I do Sectoid and Bubbles (since my read on your clues are the key to the whole thing).

Scoop 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:But then, assuming we have stones everywhere and we dod cornered I don't care so much about killing him.
You must mean killing him today, right? Because if we let him linger and he decides NOT to use his stones now then in a day or too he could clean sweep the kings and win. I disagree. We need to kill the Dod ASAP even if it hurts our House's chances.

Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

stessier wrote:Tremble before my godlike powers of deduction!

Himmel
King - Lagom
Prince - Bakhtosh
Baron - msteelers
Herr - Newcastle
Jester - Qantaga

Meer
King - tru1cy
Prince - triggercut
Baron - Isgrimnur
Herr - LM
Jester - Chaos

Erde
King - stessier
Prince - Bubbles
Baron - Grund
Herr - Sectoid
Jester - Lassr

So how did I do Sectoid and Bubbles (since my read on your clues are the key to the whole thing).

Scoop 

Close, but no cigar. I'm the Jester. Can't you see the little jingly balls on my feet?
Model Mayhem # 641920
Sectoid

Post by Sectoid »

Which means that Lassr isn't Erde since he came up king.
Model Mayhem # 641920
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

withdraw scoop 

mr bubbles 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:Tremble before my godlike powers of deduction!

Himmel
King - Lagom
Prince - Bakhtosh
Baron - msteelers
Herr - Newcastle
Jester - Qantaga

Meer
King - tru1cy
Prince - triggercut
Baron - Isgrimnur
Herr - LM
Jester - Chaos

Erde
King - stessier
Prince - Bubbles
Baron - Grund
Herr - Sectoid
Jester - Lassr

Scoop 

Your powers are very ungod-like. Triggercut is not Meer if LM is Meer which I think he is based on his actions.

Also, I was doing my best to act very un-Meer most of the game and slide into a slot on another House once the Dod was done away with. It didn't work.

My best guess right now is Mr. Bubbles is the Dod with msteelers handing closely in 2nd. After that I am confused. My death will help expose the true Dod, tho.

House Meer, it is in your best interest to keep me alive. The rest of the Houses will want me dead as well as you.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sectoid wrote:Close, but no cigar. I'm the Jester. Can't you see the little jingly balls on my feet?
Hold the boat. Did Qantaga also say he was jester?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can't remember who my vote is for so just to be sure.

Mr. Bubbles 

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Close Stessier. I am the baron.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Close Stessier. I am the baron.
Drat. Really thought I had trig right. Okay, then

Tremble before my inbred powers of deduction!

Himmel
King - Lagom
Prince - Bakhtosh
Baron - Grund
Herr - Newcastle
Jester - Qantaga

Other: msteelers

Meer
King - tru1cy
Prince - LM/Scoop
Baron - Isgrimnur
Herr - LM/Scoop
Jester - Chaos

Erde
King - stessier
Prince - trig
Baron - Bubbles
Herr - Sectoid
Jester - Lassr

msteelers 

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Are you just listing claims because sectoid claims jester. If qantaga claimed jester (which I haven't located) then we have an issue.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

LordMortis wrote:Are you just listing claims because sectoid claims jester. If qantaga claimed jester (which I haven't located) then we have an issue.

Yes, I am a Jester (of House Himmel).

It would seem that Sectoid has revealed himself as Dod. (Unless one of the claimed Kings is lying, which is highly unlikely).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

sectoid 

It's gotta be Sectoid, Qantaga, or Stess at this point. And I don't think Stess is realistic as bubbles (or sectoid) would have cleared him.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Votes:
Against Sectoid (4) : Lagom Lite, Qantaga, msteelers, LordMortis
Against Mr Bubbles (1) : Scoop20906
Against msteelers (2) : Sectoid, stessier
Against Scoop20906 (3) : Mr Bubbles, Isgrimnur, tru1cy

No vote (2) : Bakhtosh, Chaosraven

Majority: 7

Sundown is Midnight, Wednesday January 26th
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

*sigh*

I may not have been entirely truthful about not being contacted. I have no idea what game Sectoid is playing, but he is not Dod as he used the provided code. He said he was the Herr - don't know why he is trying to cause this mess now.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Assuming sectoid (or eventually qantaga) is evil... As an FYI, I blew my stones protecting myself and raising Izzy. Protect me or don't but don't count on me ever taking Tru1cy's stone. I protected myself assuming that dod would not go after a king who was likely protected and that they he wasn't going to go after three kings, losing his stones, and then losing track of who the king would be and ultimately that I was a known factor making me and Bakhtosh the most likely targets.

I figure meer are going to be the big target as the other houses search for parity. Luck to us.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: sectoid 

It's gotta be Sectoid, Qantaga, or Stess at this point. And I don't think Stess is realistic as bubbles (or sectoid) would have cleared him.
It's not Sectoid. It could be Bubbles, but I had a listing with him as Prince that suggested Scoop as Dod and we could have killed him. Bubbles corrected me so that it now shows msteelers as odd man out. Bubbles didn't have to do that - it was just as safe to hide in a Prince slot as a Baron. But he changed it. So Bubbles is not Dod.

And Q is the Jester he claims because Sectoid is an idiot, but not a Jester by his own words (to me anyway).
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

false jester 

... ;) ... Stess, I was clumsily accusing LM to push the others to reveal.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:*sigh*

I may not have been entirely truthful about not being contacted. I have no idea what game Sectoid is playing, but he is not Dod as he used the provided code. He said he was the Herr - don't know why he is trying to cause this mess now.
You're not making life easier and I don't know what to make of your codes our your not entirely truthiness.