This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

(WW) Bond II --spots available; deadline 9pm wed16

Post by Newcastle »

Bond 2 - The Prometheus Dawn

AIMING TO START THURS-17 OR FRIDAY-18;

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS 9PM PACIFIC WEDNESDAY EVE

Game will be hosted in another thread. This is more for a discussion standpoint & signups. I am hoping for about 16 players. if not, can roll with whomever signs up.

See next post for character specifics & powers

Just indicate in this thread if you are interested. Also can discuss mechanics, but really not much to talk about, seems pretty straightforward. The game will be hosted in another thread.

Any comments feel free to let me know.

MI6- Good guys
Hunter – Has 1 shot, can shoot 1 target during day. Order must be submitted by N-1.
Seer – Can scan 1 target. Will find out role of player. Will not learn secret agent number.
Protector – At night can protect one person of his choosing. Can not choose same target back to back. He will find out if his target was successful or not.

VILLAINS
Boss – Orders night kill -
Henchman 1 (Berserker)– When lynched will be able to take 1 person with him.
Henchman 2- He has EMP powers. EMP powers - a 1 time ability of blocking all night time powers (scan & protection). Night kill still goes through. (this might change depending on the number of people signed up .

POTENTIAL ROLES & powers(if have a lot of signups)
-Bond Girl - will be first added in, if i get enough signatures, she will act as a "mortician; Mortician – good guys, is able to scan & find roles of deceased players. (I think 16 signatures and i will add the bond girl...i even have one in mind, but dont mind hearing if folks have a specific request)

-Henchman 3/traitor - a candidate is selected by the boss to recruit to join his team. Upon joining the new recruit loses all previous powers. – (if bond girl is added, then henchman 3 is added) (NOTE IF I add in this role, i will give him, the traitor the EMP Powers, & Henchman 2 will gain the Mortician powers).

boss - Is able to recruit 1 person to the bad side. If he recruits a good guy special, they lose their ability.

MECHANICS & NOTES
- I will add more roles as needed, if that’s an issue. Or if there is a huge interest.
-Marked for death will serve as lynching vehicle (same as a lynch vote)
-Chapter – will act as traditional “day” phase
-Interlude – acts as night phase when orders are sent in
-Everyone will be given a secret agent number. This is for flavor only.
-Game will start in the "Chapter"(Day) phase

QUESTIONS FOR PLAYERS

Order of operations:
Scans submitted
Protection order submitted
EMP order submitted
Night kill submitted & authorized
Scan results returned
Next turn starts

1. Quantaga
2. Theohall
3. MSteelers
4. RMC
5. Scoop
6. truicy
7. Remus
8. Lassr
9. Stessier
10. Rshetts2
11. Slim099
12. Unagi
13. Grundbegriff

FAQ -
Q - Will the sides be revealed upon death? - A - Yes, they will know upon lynching if you have killed a MI6 agent or one of the villains
Q- Will there be a secret forum for the baddies? A- You betcha!
Q- Will evil find out roles of players they kill A- No, unless the mortician is added into the game.
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Re: (WW) Bond II

Post by Newcastle »

The cast -

Bond – With a license to kill comes a great responsibility, You have your trusty PP7 on this adventure, you have been authorized to take out only 1 person in this venture. (Power– Has 1 shot, can only shoot during day, order must be submitted by N-1. )

Q – With the latest technologies at your disposal you have instant access to information. With this information you can crack into the background records of all agents. This background information reveals the agents real role. (Power - Seer, will find out role of player who the scan, will not learn secret agent number.)

M – As the head of the agency you have access to powers, at your whim you can put teams in place and move resources around. Once per night you can choose an elite team to protect a certain asset on this mission. Your resources will report to you whether they have prevented an attack or not. (Power - Can prevent an attack on an agent, cannot protect agents on consecutive nights; will be informed on a successful protection or not)

Villains

Hugo Drax - The power to shape and control the destinies of nations does not come to many in the world, but for you. IT has come now. Through careful planning and faithful execution to your ingenious plan you will bring countries to their knees, commodities under your influence and it will all be at your fingertips. This power will start with a freighter named Alexander and its fate. Powers - As the boss you can order the kills.

Oddjob – A talented caddy you are. Hiding the mistakes of your employer and advising on the proper club to take is one of your talents but your talents extend well past that. You are the muscle when its called upon, you are the fixer who will make sure that mouths stay silent. With your distinctive hat your pledge to Hugo Drax knows no bounds, even if it means your own life. (Powers - when lynched Odd Job will be able to take 1 person with him in death).

Erich Kriegler – As a former East German operative you are uncomfortable with the peace that has broken out. Your talents are no longer as appreciated. Business is now slow. You thrived with the uneasiness that the Cold War brought. You would prefer a state with the two sides skating distinctly on the brink of war, where men of your talent are in demand to this end Hugo Drax is the best man to follow. (Power – you have a 1 time ability to block all powers for an evening except for the night kill-including blocking).

EDIT -
Potential Changes

1. If enough sign up; Hugo drax will get the power to recruit an MI6 agent who will become the traitor. (Traitor powers - nothing)

2. If enough sign up, will add in a Bond girl who has the power to identify the dead. If this person is added in. Erich Kriegler will gain the power of mortician, and the traitor will gain the EMP powers.
Last edited by Newcastle on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Re: (WW) Bond II -planning stage/queued

Post by Lagom Lite »

While I don't mind conversions that much personally (I'm always evil anyway), many players dislike having their victory conditions changed mid-game. I'd recommend against the Recruitment mechanic.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Queue me IN.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

Definitely IN.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

IN
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:While I don't mind conversions that much personally (I'm always evil anyway), many players dislike having their victory conditions changed mid-game. I'd recommend against the Recruitment mechanic.
I kind of like conversions personally because it reshuffles the deck a bit and makes choices more thoughtful for lack of a better word. I have been thinking about this, and if its an issue with most, i can change it.

One thing I thought of was this...once the conversion happens that evening MI6 gets a counterspy randomly assigned to the team (from the non specials). They have the power of scanning for the traitor during the night cycle....ie "is newcastle the traitor" ...answer "Newcastle is the traitor" or "newcastle is not the the traitor".

If i were to institute this, I am thinking that the evening they are created, they get a scan or wait?

This is just an idea I thought could add a bit, because you would think that evil would convert early on. I am thinking also the converted/traitor gets the EMP power, so the sooner they convert, the sooner they can use it. However the rub for evil is that once they create the traitor, they set loose the counter spy.

A few additional things to consider: if he is created is his ability blocked by the EMP (i amleaning to yes). The other thing is it announced that a traitor has been created? Does the countery spy learn the agents previous role also?

Counterspy - 1 per evening can ask if X is the traitor.

Order of operations would
-conver traitor
-create counterspy with order

My goal is really to make this a WW game without the various twists and turns and i dont want to get it too exotic. Main reason is the last string of games I feel have been very exotic in their rule set. So I really want it to be straightforward without a lot of complexities so the focus can really be on the back and forth and intellectual & analytical prowess of the players.
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Well I have been reading the other games, and these sound interesting. How about I throw my hat in?

:horse:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

BUMP!

this one is up next...need some signatures for you wonderful folks. Small rules tweaks upcoming, depending on the amount of signatures (basically adding in a Bond Girl to team MI6).

I realize this page is VERY bland, but fear not, i have it planned out.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Re: (WW) Bond II -next up

Post by Scoop20906 »

Then I am IN!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
tru1cy

Re: (WW) Bond II -next up -need 11ish

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Does death reveal alignment?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Do the baddies have a secret forum?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:Does death reveal alignment?
yes - either good or bad
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Do the baddies have a secret forum?
yes, i will set up a secret forum.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Re: (WW) Bond II -next up -need 10ish

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 5-9ish

Post by Newcastle »

Just kind of curious if folks are tenative to sign for any specific reason. If its something with the rules, I dont mind changing things around. Any and all advice is appreciated.
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumor has it that my normal method of browsing the forums is no longer safe. :ninja: As such, I am loathe to commit to something that I might not be able to devote to which I am not able to devote as much attention as I would like.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Ah bummer, well sorry to hear that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Compensating much there, Lassr? :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:Compensating much there, Lassr? :P
I have to because they never know when I'm in... :P
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 4-8ish

Post by stessier »

Haven't had a chance to read the rules yet.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Haven't had a chance to read the rules yet.
You read the rules? Huh. Who'd a thunk. :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

same.
I've just been super busy at home, and now I have a bunch of work at work to catch up with.
In the back of my head - I plan to join, but if I happened to join today and it started today, I'd be unable to play, so I selfishly hold off on joining until I have the time to actually start playing. If that made any sense.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Okay - read the rules. In!

A few things -

You mention that Hugo orders the hits, but there is no succession after him. I think it is obvious, but you should probably spell it out.

You mention Secret Agent number will not be learned by Seer. What is the function of the number?

Will there be voting time limits? (I vote yes!)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

thanks unagi & stessier for the response.

Basically its WW with following flavor twists
1. Starts during the day phase
2. Bad guys have an EMP power (1 time block of all night time powers except kill); & a berserker
3. If enough signatures (looking unlikely right now) will add in a Bond girl (mortician powers) & the boss ability to recruit someone to team Villains (threshold for this is 16 signatures, we have 8 right now); in essence team villain would gain the mortician power as well.

Would like to start it later this week.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
I know how to do simple math too! (<- and spelling/grammar!)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:Okay - read the rules. In!

A few things -
Will there be voting time limits? (I vote yes!)
within reason, sure, i mean if it drags out, will clamp down, but i like to let things go at their own pace and let players move the action. If i think the game would benefit by a time limit, yes I will do so.

You mention that Hugo orders the hits, but there is no succession after him. I think it is obvious, but you should probably spell it out.
basically he's the final word; if he goes down then its between the remaining villains. I've never seen a case where they work disharmonously; if there HAS to be a sucession I'd say: 1. Hugo Drax 2. Oddjob 3. Eric

You mention Secret Agent number will not be learned by Seer. What is the function of the number?
Dude you mean you've never wanted to be a MI6 secret agent? No real function besides flavor, think of it as cilantro next to your quesadilla; the ketchup on your french fries.....just something to make the players seem more secret agenty...does no harm, does no real good either.
Bayraktar!!!!

rshetts2

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 3-7ish

Post by rshetts2 »

Im in a couple others right now but I think I can handle this one as well. Im in
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Newcastle

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 3-7ish

Post by Newcastle »

rshetts2 wrote:Im in a couple others right now but I think I can handle this one as well. Im in
welcome aboard.
Bayraktar!!!!

Austin

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 2-6ish

Post by Austin »

Writing the last paper of my degree due in one week. - NOT in.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Austin wrote:Writing the last paper of my degree due in one week. - NOT in.

Well i dont envision this starting until thurs/Friday at the earliest if that changes your thinking at all. Though i dont want to distract your studies.
Bayraktar!!!!

slim099

Post by slim099 »

HiHi, I am new to the site. Scoop introduced me to the site, and I'd like to PLAY!
RMC

Post by RMC »

slim099 wrote:HiHi, I am new to the site. Scoop introduced me to the site, and I'd like to PLAY!
Hey all you can kill this new guy instead of me this game..Kay?
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

Oh yeah.. Hi Slim... :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I know how to do simple math too! (<- and spelling/grammar!)
Man, you had too bring that up to? Vicious. :twisted:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

slim099 wrote:HiHi, I am new to the site. Scoop introduced me to the site, and I'd like to PLAY!
Oh. God. Someone Scoop brought in? Dear Lord help us. :P

Welcome to the site. Have fun.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

welcome aboard - so youre a friend of scoops eh? well this should be interesting.

:D
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Re: (WW) Bond II --need 1-5ish

Post by stessier »

So if Unagi signs up, the game will spontaneously combust to protect us all, right?