This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: Arkham - 8 investigators waiting to be devoured

Post by Chaosraven »

Let me see what I can do about heading thru the graveyard gate
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

well I have no cash, 7 toughness in monster trophies and 5 clues. Not sure what I can do with that to help us set up for the big bad. I was considering doing the graveyard gate as I have the find gate spell and 5 clues to close. Looks like Chaosraven is handling that though. So Im at a loss as to what to do. Unless anyone has a better suggestion Ill head to the curiosity shoppe for an encounter. Maybe Ill luck into something that will help.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:Turn Order & Upkeep & Orders as I have them so far:
Amanda Sharpe - El Guapo - Fighting monsters in the Witch House
Jenny Barnes - Isgrimnur - +$1 - returning to Independence Square
Joe Diamond - Newcastle - Fighting Monsters in the Frenchhill Streets
Darrell Simmons - Chaosraven - Graveyard
Dexter Drake - rshetts2 - Heading to Curiosity Shoppe
Harvey Walter - Gryndyl - retainer roll : 4, +$2 - headed to the Hospital
Vincent Lee - RMC - Fighting Monster in Easttown Street
Mandy Thompson - Qantaga - Headed to the General Store
I will hold off running this round until folks chime in (expect it to be run tomorrow - Monday - evening).
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Rshetts2, if there's a way to get me that spell, I have lots of clues to seal and make my roll to seal
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Chaosraven wrote:Rshetts2, if there's a way to get me that spell, I have lots of clues to seal and make my roll to seal
Ok if I shift my speed to 5 and fire up my motorcycle can I get the find gate spell to Chaos before he gates and then continue on to the Shoppe?
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Rshetts2, if there's a way to get me that spell, I have lots of clues to seal and make my roll to seal
Ok if I shift my speed to 5 and fire up my motorcycle can I get the find gate spell to Chaos before he gates and then continue on to the Shoppe?
Nope, you move after he does. Also, he does not have enough movement (even if he shifts to his top and uses his bike) to get to you and to the Graveyard this turn.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Movement:

Amanda turned away from the now close gateway and heaved a sigh of relief that a new one did not open in it's place. Just as she started to move towards the street Anna shoved her roughly to the side as an odd shape crashed through the space she had been standing. As the shape began to rise Amanda struck it with her crowbar as hard as she could. The form crumpled to the ground and melted away leaving behind a strange flute. Picking up the flute and tucking it into her waist Amanda noticed two men walking towards her. Something about their gaits struck her as off. Were those tree limbs they carried? Then one raised the limb to his mouth and took a bite and Amanda realized with horror that they were arms and both showed the marks of the duo's' sharpened teeth that gleamed in the moonlight in spite of the blood covering them and dripping from their lips. Screaming, Amanda began swinging the crowbar frantically. Striking the humanoids repeatedly until they fell to the ground and ceased moving.
Spoiler:
Mi-Go:
Horror: Will 3 + Skill 1 + Mi-Go (-1) = 3 dice : 1,3,6 success!
Combat: Fight 2 + Skill 1 + Crowbar 2 + Mi-Go 0 = 5 dice : 5,2,3,1,4; 1 success of 1 needed!
Gain:
Unique item
Flute of the Outer Gods
Any Phase: Lose 3 Sanity and 3 Stamina and discard Flute of the Outer Gods before making a Combat check to defeat all monsters in your current area. This does not affect Ancient Ones.

Ghoul 1:
Horror: Will 3 + Skill 1 + Ghoul 0 = 4 dice : 2,1,1,2 fail. 1 Sanity damage
Combat: Fight 2 + Skill 1 + Crowbar 2 + Ghoul (-1) = 4 dice : 5,5,4,1; 2 successes of 1 needed!
Gain Corruption:
Primal Surge - white diamond
triggered: You may move any of your sliders a total of 3 stops. All other investigators must move a skill slider 1 stop.

Ghoul 2:
Horror: 4 dice : 4,4,3,1 fail. 1 Sanity damage
Combat: 4 dice : 5,1,1,5; 2 successes of 1 needed!
Gain Corruption:
Endless Greed - Black Hex
You can not lose money unless you choose to spend it, and you do not have to roll to keep Retainers, but you can not give money to other investigators.
triggered: Gain $4 and draw a corruption card.

Joe Diamond strode into the French Hill streets like he owned them. IN his mind he did. Hadn't he told these monsters the streets were his. A huge Tentacled beast came forth from the crowd to meet him. He paused and drew breath. He had seen these before. One more wasn't going to keep him up any more than the last few did. He squeezed the trigger on his Tommy and watched the bullets rip through the monster's flesh with ease. Two men came running at him, the first wielding an axe and the second chanting. Neither lasted a moment in the hail of gun fire. Finally a flaming human figure charged at him, shrugging of the bullets he came right up to Joe's face where Joe calmly grabbed his throat and squeezed the unlife out of him. "My streets." he muttered breathing heavily.
Spoiler:
Dark Young:
Horror: Will 0 + Skill 1 + Cross 1 + monster 0 = 2 dice : 2,2 fail - re-roll using Mandy Thompson's ability : 1,5 success! -1 Sanity due to Nightmarish
Combat: Fight 5 + Gun 6 (physical resistance ignored due to ally) + Monster -1 = 10 dice: 4,,5,5,6,4,6,3,2,1; 4 successes of 3 needed!
Gain Corruption:
Speak to Your Friend - Black Triangle
triggered: Choose an investigator. That investigator may take a Cult Membership. If he refuses, discard the top card of the Corruption deck.

Maniac:
Horror: -
Combat: 12 dice: 5,6,4,2,4,3,3,6,3,1,2,1; 3 successes of 1 needed!

Cultist:
Combat: 12 dice: 5,5,3,3,3,2,4,4,5,1,6,6; 5 successes of 3 needed!

Fire Vampire
Combat: Fight 5 + Monster (-2) = 3 dice: 3,3,6; 1 success of 1 needed!
Feeling richer the good Doctor walked out of Velma's Diner and almost into the arms of...well, something. Raising his Tommy-gun he let fly the lead. When he unclenched his finger there wasn't a lot left.
Spoiler:
Dimensional Shambler:
Horror: Will 3 + Monster (-2) = 1 die : 5 success!
Combat: Fight 1 + Tommy-Gun 6 + Monster (-2) = 5 dice: 1,2,4,5,6; 2 successes of 1 needed!
Encounters:
Jenny stepped forth onto the cobbled stones of Independence Square. Quickly she grabbed the amulet she had bought at the Curiosity Shoppe and placed it over the glowing slash. The symbol on the amulet seemed to suck all the light into it and the world bent in Jenny's eyes. Suddenly the amulet flared with heat and light, burning Jenny's hand, blinding her eyes. As her vision cleared she noticed the amulet had become embedded within the cobbles.
Spoiler:
Return to Arkham, use Elder Sign to seal Gate. -1 Sanity, -1 Stamina. Gain gate token. Remove Doom token and place it as a seal on Independence Square.
Closed gate with cross symbol - remove corruption Downward Spiral from herself and Dexter Drake.
Dexter wandered out of the asylum penniless but feeling better about the world. He walked down the block to an interesting shoppe advertising curiosities. As he opened the door and stepped inside he noticed he was alone in the shop. Alone save for the windup toys moving across the floor towards him. There must be a thousand of them. Who took the time to wind all these things up? Then the first little army man took a shot at him and he began to scream.
Spoiler:
You didn't see anyone in the shop, and yet a small army of wind up toys wheel their way across the floor towards you. Lose 1 Sanity.
Harvey felt the pull of muscles he didn't even remember having. This adventurous life was not all it was talked up to be. Following hi map he walked into the hospital, plunked his money down and was quickly administered an IV line and bandaged up.
Spoiler:
Hospital. -$2, +2 Stamina
Mandy watched the odd man in the top hat leave the asylum and figured it was about time she did the same. Walking down the street she saw a man holding a doctor's bag and a...holy crap, is that a tommy-gun?! Quickly she ducked into the general store to avoid being seen. She moved casually down the aisles looking at the wares. A Makeup Kit.....a bottle of questionable Whiskey.....an Old Journal....hmmm, that last was interesting. Might make a good read. She quickly paid for the journal then peered out the door checking for the odd doctor.
Spoiler:
Shopping at General Store:
Purchase options:
Old Journal - $1
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 1 movement point to make a Lore(-1) check. If you pass, gain 3 Clue tokens and discard Old Journal. If you fail, nothing happens.

Whiskey - $1
Any Phase: Discard Whiskey to reduce any Sanity loss by 1.

Makeup Kit - $3
+1 to Will checks (but not Horror checks)
Any Phase: Discard Makeup Kit to avoid being arrested.

Old Journal purchased.
Other World Encounters:
Darrell Simmons stepped into his trusty graveyard and slipped through the slash of light. He found himself on a trail in the mountains. Wandering along it he suddenly remembered a story he had read regarding a man walking on a trail like this and...damn it, he couldn't remember the details. Still, he no longer wanted to be on this trail, he knew that much. Taking his own path across the mountain, Darrell continued his journey.
Spoiler:
Pass a Luck(-1) check or you are faced with an enormous mountain with a strange symbol carved into it as if by a gigantic creature. The world swims around you and you lose 3 Sanity.

Your luck is 1. Losing 3 Sanity would make you insane and thus lost in time and space. Operating under the assumption you wish to spend clues to prevent this:
Clue Token spent: 1 die
5, success!!!
Enlarge Image
Last edited by Remus West on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mythos:
Gate opens at the Unvisted Ilse

Joe Diamond and Vincent Lee are in the streets during Mythos and takes 1 Stamina damage from Ithaqua stirring.

Doom token added to Doom track.
Clue appears at : Science Building

headline:
Picnickers Panic!
A careless picnicker unleashes 2 monsters on the Downtown streets.

White: Cresent
Black: Cross

Corruptions triggered:
None

Gates:
Graveyard - Abyss
Unvisted Isle - ?

Monsters:
Independence Square:
Dark Yound - high
Goat Spawn - med
Ghost - med

Unvisted Isle:
Elder Thing - high sanity/med combat
Byakee - low
Child of the Goat - Med/low

Turn Order & Upkeep & Orders as I have them so far:
Jenny Barnes - Isgrimnur - +$1 -
Joe Diamond - Newcastle -
Darrell Simmons - Chaosraven - advancing in the abyss
Dexter Drake - rshetts2 -
Harvey Walter - Gryndyl - retainer roll : 1, +$2 retainer lost
Vincent Lee - RMC -
Mandy Thompson - Qantaga -
Amanda Sharpe - El Guapo -

Gates: 2/5
Doom Track: 9/11
Monsters: 6/11
Terror Track: 2

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Remus West on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I believe the OP is correct in so far as your stuff. If you spot an error let me know. Also, just an FYI: You have now used all the green Corruption cards. From now on you draw red ones (which are worse). There are 16 of them. If you make it through all those the Ancient One awakens.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

unless anyone objects....headed to the sanitarium...to recharge my sanity.....i also have the statue to give to someone if they want it?

oh remus, can i possibly use the statue, and still safely keep my sanity? or if i use it, will it send me to the sanitarium? any bad consequences?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:unless anyone objects....headed to the sanitarium...to recharge my sanity.....i also have the statue to give to someone if they want it?

oh remus, can i possibly use the statue, and still safely keep my sanity? or if i use it, will it send me to the sanitarium? any bad consequences?
If you use it you will go insane. You end up at the Asylum - not getting an encounter this round - and must discard half your items and Clue tokens. You are better off not using it this round.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

heading to South Church to get a Blessing
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm thinking I'll go to the Science Building to pick up the clue there. That would give me five and let me seal a gate...or is it too late to bother with that?

I could also go and get a blessing instead.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Sealed gates are like a free turn for us if that location is where a new gate would open. We can win if we have all gates closed and at least one gate trophy per player in the game. We also win if there are 6(?) elder sign on the board, I believe. Simply closing leaves it available to open again. Sealing it puts an elder sign on the board. Using an elder sign to seal places one and removes one from the doom track. It is possible.
"Where are you off to?"

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I will go and try to seal the gate at the Unvisited Island since I have the find gates spell Ill be back in no time. I dont think I can handle all three of those beasties ( I really need a 1 handed weapon to add to my combat rolls )
If someone can help clean up the beasts while Im in the gate, that would help, otherwise I will try to take them out once I seal it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:I will go and try to seal the gate at the Unvisited Island since I have the find gates spell Ill be back in no time. I dont think I can handle all three of those beasties ( I really need a 1 handed weapon to add to my combat rolls )
If someone can help clean up the beasts while Im in the gate, that would help, otherwise I will try to take them out once I seal it.
Anyone going onto the location to fight the monsters would get either beat up or drawn through the gate - anyone drawn through the gate would be lost in time and space if it closes while they are in there.

You will need to fight/evade the monsters to reach the gate and enter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Could have sworn when entering a location with a gate and monsters, you ignore the monsters as you get sucked through the gate, and are past the point of encountering them when you return.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Could have sworn when entering a location with a gate and monsters, you ignore the monsters as you get sucked through the gate, and are past the point of encountering them when you return.
That was one of the rules we were doing wrong. The Gate doesn't suck you in until encounters phase. Fighting/Evading the Monsters takes place during movement.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Let's make stats:

Speed/Sneak: 4/2
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 4/0

Mandy will head to the Boarding House to pick up a companion. I'll have to go through the list of who's available in a couple hours, but I wanted to at least get my destination set.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, I'll go grab the clue then.

I'm shifting my lore/luck from 4/1 --> 3/2, so my stats are now as follows:

Speed/Sneak: 1/4
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 3/2

I'll then move Witch House --> Miskatonic University --> Science Building.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Could have sworn when entering a location with a gate and monsters, you ignore the monsters as you get sucked through the gate, and are past the point of encountering them when you return.
That was one of the rules we were doing wrong. The Gate doesn't suck you in until encounters phase. Fighting/Evading the Monsters takes place during movement.
Oh right right right... Leave a Location with a Monster or END Movement in location with a monster results in Evasion/Combat. Then gate suckage at Encounters.
"Where are you off to?"

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

ok fire up the motorcycle, shift my speed to 2 and sneak to 4. Head to the gate and evade the monsters. Use my stealth skill if needed.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

This post does not exist. Why are you reading it? It may lead the R'lyeh for all you know. Go back now.
Last edited by Remus West on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jenny Barnes - Isgrimnur - +$1 - ?
Joe Diamond - Newcastle - headed to the asylum
Dexter Drake - rshetts2 - headed to Unvisited Isle
Harvey Walter - Gryndyl - headed to the South Church
Vincent Lee - RMC - ?
Mandy Thompson - Qantaga - headed to the Boarding house
Amanda Sharpe - El Guapo - headed to Science Building
Last edited by Remus West on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus,

I've glanced through the Allies list. I'm not sure who to pick.

I need a little advice from you or from my teammates as to the best end game stat. "Will" to avoid sainity loss? Or "Luck" to keep from dropping my weapon? "Fight" for the battle? Or something else entirely?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:Remus,

I've glanced through the Allies list. I'm not sure who to pick.

I need a little advice from you or from my teammates as to the best end game stat. "Will" to avoid sainity loss? Or "Luck" to keep from dropping my weapon? "Fight" for the battle? Or something else entirely?
If you mean end game as in "battle the Ancient One" then anything that aids your Fight (you guys lost Tom "Mountain" Murphy to the terror level raise, sadly) or Stamina as those are the only two areas Ithaqua "attacks"

That said, I would look at these two most closely:
Sir William Brinton - + 1 maximum Stamina, discard to immediately restore your Stamina to its maximum.
Thomas F. Malone - +1 Lore, +1 Fight Draw 1 spell when Thomas F. Malone joins you.

Probably in that order since I think the ability to regain your Stamina may be huge - particularly given that you are the re-roll provider.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Excellent.

I'll go with Sir William, then.

Thanks Remus!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Speed/Sneak to 1/3, move to the Merchant District, and pray I can get away from all the monsters. If someone with a Tommy Gun can get to me, I can draw all the monsters on the board to them with the Milk and let them have a grand old time in the old town tomorrow night.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:Turn Order & Upkeep & Orders as I have them so far:
Jenny Barnes - Isgrimnur - +$1 - S/S 1/3 headed to Merchant District Streets screaming like a little girl. Oh. She is one. NM.
Joe Diamond - Newcastle - headed to the asylum
Dexter Drake - rshetts2 - headed to Unvisited Isle
Harvey Walter - Gryndyl - headed to the South Church
Vincent Lee - RMC - ?
Mandy Thompson - Qantaga - headed to the Boarding house
Amanda Sharpe - El Guapo - headed to Science Building
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote:Speed/Sneak to 1/3, move to the Merchant District, and pray I can get away from all the monsters. If someone with a Tommy Gun can get to me, I can draw all the monsters on the board to them with the Milk and let them have a grand old time in the old town tomorrow night.

i cant do that today; maybe tomorrow...but i am wondering on the long term benefits of this also....what do we gain by eliminating all the monsters on the board.

the other thing also i want to look at the mobs on the board remaining that we'd be fighting...see if any have any physical resist/immunity.

also since we are close to bad stuff happening, anyone stockpiling on weapons?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Just FYI, if all of the monsters were drawn to one space - I have an item where you discard it and lose 3 sanity and 3 stamina, and in exchange it kills all monsters in your space. A heavy cost (I'd go insane if I used it right now), but it would kill a big group of monsters. Just FYI if anyone wants to use it.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:This post does not exist. Why are you reading it? It may lead the R'lyeh for all you know. Go back now.
just like a Tunnels & Trolls solo dungeon LOL
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

El Guapo wrote:Just FYI, if all of the monsters were drawn to one space - I have an item where you discard it and lose 3 sanity and 3 stamina, and in exchange it kills all monsters in your space. A heavy cost (I'd go insane if I used it right now), but it would kill a big group of monsters. Just FYI if anyone wants to use it.
I go insane with mine as well, so we get two characters to make that sacrifice and I can pay for both sanity reconstructions.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Just FYI, if all of the monsters were drawn to one space - I have an item where you discard it and lose 3 sanity and 3 stamina, and in exchange it kills all monsters in your space. A heavy cost (I'd go insane if I used it right now), but it would kill a big group of monsters. Just FYI if anyone wants to use it.
I go insane with mine as well, so we get two characters to make that sacrifice and I can pay for both sanity reconstructions.
Well then you should both be just fine mentally, just in time to go completely nutters facing the big guy!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Go to black cave, and grab the clue token. Sorry it took me so long to get a turn in.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:ok fire up the motorcycle, shift my speed to 2 and sneak to 4. Head to the gate and evade the monsters. Use my stealth skill if needed.
What order would you like to encounter the monsters in? There are:
Child of the Goat -3 to evade
Byakhee -2 to evade
Elder Thing -2 to evade

If you look them up on the chance you wish to fight them, please remember that the Child is considered a Cultist and therefore has 3 toughness rather than 1 due to Ithaqua.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

The order you have is fine. Just reboot your dice randomizer before you roll for me , Its been particularly unkind to me lately :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Movement:

Jenny looked around at Independence Square. She remembered a time when there was not a disembodied entity floating towards her. She remember the days before there were things that seemed to be made entirely of tentacles and mouths bearing down on her. She reached into her purse and grabbed her flask. Taking a deep draught to steady herself she looked at the pretty colors. Off in the Unvisited isle the Child of the Goat, Byakhee, and Elder Thing suddenly felt a pull towards the square and carelessly walked past Dexter Drake on his way to the isle. Jenny danced in the slanting purple and gold moonlight on George Clooney's arm. She waltzed with Brad Pitt. What? Oh! No, Brad, I'm not that kind of girl. She knew she would be for him though. As the colors faded from her mind Jenny found herself strapped to a gurney in Arkham Asylum.
Spoiler:
Used Milk of Shub-Niggurath. - Movement: Discard Milk of Shub-Niggurath to move all non-Spawn monsters in play to your current location. Then reduce your Sanity to 0 and go insane. Elder Thing, Byakhee, and Child of the Goat moved to Independence Square. -5 Sanity. Sanity returned to 1 and Jenny Barnes moved to the Asylum. Jenny does not need to discard items due to her corruption.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Arkham Encounters:

Joe wandered into the Asylum just hoping the docs there would have some pills to help him stop thinking about the tentacled mess he had shot to pieces. Gods but he hoped to never see one of them again.
Spoiler:
-$2, +3 Sanity
Dexter slowly approaches the glowing light. Something about it seemed off. Why did those horrors go running away from it. Slowly he extended his hand into the gate. Then his arm. Then his leg. Then he jumped and landed in The Great Hall of Celeano.

Harvey walked into the church quietly praying and rubbing the stone he had picked up from the Abyss gateway. When Father Michael came over Harvey showed him the stone and told him the things he had seen. He expected the good father to call for a paddy wagon. Instead the priest took the Abyss stone in his hand and gazed at it for a long time, weighing the professor's words. Finally his raised his eyes to meet Harvey's. "Kneel my son." and he began to pray in earnest.
Spoiler:
Gate token traded for a Blessing
Vincent Lee walked the grounds of the black cave taking note of the burnt out fires and other signs that someone had been here. As he moved slowly through the dim light at the entrance of the cave his foot caught on something half buried in the dirt. Picking it up he noticed it was a book. With a slight bit of trepidation he opened the cover and began to read. After reading the opening passages he realized he had found Cultes Des Goules, an ancient spell book!
Spoiler:
You find an old book. If you read it, make a Luck (+0) check and consult the chart below:
Successes:
0) Evil forces assault you. Lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.
1) You find the diary of a lost soul who died in the caves long ago. Lose 1 Sanity and gain 1 Clue token as you read hishorrible tale.
2) The book is a spell-book. Take the first Tome from the Unique Item deck.

Your luck is 2. You have the Luck skill for +1 and the Lantern for an additional +1. If you decide to uses Clue tokens they will each provide 2 dice rather than 1. Would you like to read the book?

Luck 2 + Skill 1 + Lantern 1 = 4dice : 3,3,4,6 : 1 success
1 Clue token spent = 2 dice : 5,6 2 more successes.

Book is:
Cultes Des Goules - $3
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore(-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 spell and gain 1 Clue token but lose 2 Sanity and discard Cultes Des Goules. If you fail, nothing happens.
Mandy walked up the steps of the boarding house and entered the front door. There she caught her breath. Sitting in a chair by the fire smoking a pipe and holding a brandy was Sir William Brinton. Researcher like her could only dream of men like that. When he smiled at her she froze. When he walked over and took her hand she barely heard him ask if she would like some company over the beating of her heart. Such beautiful eyes. Walking on his arm she headed back out to face the terrors of Arkham.
Spoiler:
10 toughness traded for ally.
Sir William Brinton
+1 Maximum Stamina
Discard to immediately restore your Stamina to its maximum
Amanda walked into the science building followed close by Anna. As they edged warily into the building their feet slipped a bit on the liquid covering the floor. Looking down Anna gasped "Blood". Their eyes went to the end of the corridor where what remained of a body sat oozing the last of its internal fluids onto the linoleum.
Spoiler:
You discover a mutilated corpse, the victim of some creature that seems to have escaped. Lose 1 Sanity and a monster appears in the Miskatonic U. street.
Other World Encounters:

Abyss:

Darrell ran. The ran more. He had to get away from whatever it was that pursued him. Twice he almost caught a glimpse when the figure passed near a light source but never enough to remove it from the shadows. Finally after what seemed forever he stopped to catch his breath. The figure seemed to have disappeared.
Spoiler:
The shadowy entity gives up the chase. Lose 1 Stamina from exhaustion.
Dexter stepped forth from the light into a maze. Feeling much like a rat chasing cheese he followed the edges of the walls getting a feel for the place. He let his mind roam and tried to picture the area as it would look from above. Following his little mental map he quickly found the exit.
Spoiler:
You are lost in a labyrinth of high walls. Pass a Lore(-1) check or stay here next turn.

Lore 4 + difficulty (-1) = 3 dice : 5,5,3 - success.
Enlarge Image
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mythos:
Gate opens at the Woods

Doom token added to Doom track.
Clue appears at : Independence Square

Monsters Emerge:
Dhole
Byakhee
Goat Spawn

White: Slash, Triangle, Star
Black: Hex

Monsters move:
Goat Spawn moves from the Woods to the Southside street
Goat Spawn moves from Independence Square to the Northside Street
Dark Young moves from Independence Square to Downtown Street
Child of the Goat moves from Independence Square to Downtown Street

Corruptions triggered:
White Slash - Vincent Lee - Creeping Doom - Discard the top two cards of the corruption deck
- Mental Paralysis - White Circle - Each investigator with at least one corruption card skips the next Upkeep Phase.
- The Skin Crawls - White Triangle - Any investigator who ends his movement in the same location as you must pass a Will (-2) check or lose 1 Sanity - triggered - Raise the terror level by 1, then draw a Corruption card.

White Triangle - Joe Diamond - Speak to Your Friend - Choose an investigator. That investigator may take a Cult Membership. If he refuses, discard the top card of the Corruption deck.

Black Hex - Amanda Sharpe - Endless Greed - Gain $4 and draw a Corruption card.
- to be determined after the Speak to Your Friend result.

headline:
Manhunt in Arkham!
All Monsters in locations are returned to the cup.
Dhole, Byakhee, Ghost, Byakhee, and Elder Thing are returned to the cup.

Gates:
Graveyard - Abyss
Unvisted Isle - Great Hall of Celeano
The Woods - ?

Monsters:
Downtown Street
Child of the Goat - Med/low
Dark Young - high

Northside Street
Goat Spawn - med

Southside Street
Goat Spawn - med

Joe Diamond - Newcastle -
Darrell Simmons - Chaosraven - returning from the Abyss to the Graveyard
Dexter Drake - rshetts2 - advancing in Great Hall of Celeano
Harvey Walter - Gryndyl - Blessing roll 5. Blessing kept
Vincent Lee - RMC -
Mandy Thompson - Qantaga -
Amanda Sharpe - El Guapo -
Jenny Barnes - Isgrimnur - +$1 -

Gates: 3/5
Doom Track: 10/11
Monsters: 4/11
Terror Track: 2

Enlarge Image