This is not the thread Chris is looking for

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: A Walk in Wolf Woods - 19 in! Game begins tonight

Post by Newcastle »

should be able to have a password retrieval system in there.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ok, I am good to go, but still can't see the recent Bond Game. Only see four games.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:Ok, I am good to go, but still can't see the recent Bond Game. Only see four games.
THERE ARE 5 GAMES!

(I was teaching Newcastle how to make them visible and he probably hasn't gotten around to that one yet.)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

or... perhaps that game never happened.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Ok, I am good to go, but still can't see the recent Bond Game. Only see four games.
THERE ARE 5 GAMES!

(I was teaching Newcastle how to make them visible and he probably hasn't gotten around to that one yet.)
one of the BEST episodes ever
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Okay, I haven't done one of these games in a while, what's the special code to get the bold and double underlining?
I'm special!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Thankee kindly, sir!
I'm special!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:i was hoping for the weredog role to be used. Btw, is the Seer a possible role or confirmed? If no Alpha wolf who makes kills determination?
I figured 2 possible roles that screw with the validity of the Seer scan were enough. If he had more potentially useless scans I think it would gimp him to badly.
The Seer is a confirmed role. Everything else is a potential.
As for the wolves, regardless of which powers they do or do not have, they can come up with their own method of choosing the night kill. If they fight about it I will make them vote following the same rules you guys use to obtain "majority".
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

How many masons will be possible? Can there be only one?
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:How many masons will be possible? Can there be only one?
Only if it is Semaj.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

The way he's randomizing, it sounds like if the power occurs, there will be 3.
Due to there being multiple players assigned this power it will count as 2 powers for purposes of power randomization. The number of masons will be based off the number of players in the game - at this point, 3.
Having seen his math skillz up close last game, I wouldn't hold your breath on this being the actual result, however.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:How many masons will be possible? Can there be only one?
There will be at least 2 if they are there. If the power shows up once then there are 2 of them. If it shows up multiple times then the number of Masons will be (t+1) with t being the number of times the power was randomly selected. Other powers will be re-rolled if they show a repeat.

I will post in this thread and in the game thread the method used to generate the powers and who has them.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:The way he's randomizing, it sounds like if the power occurs, there will be 3.
Due to there being multiple players assigned this power it will count as 2 powers for purposes of power randomization. The number of masons will be based off the number of players in the game - at this point, 3.
Having seen his math skillz up close last game, I wouldn't hold your breath on this being the actual result, however.
Yeah, I rethought that aspect of it. I was going to simply have 3 masons but then figured I liked the other method better. I should edit that.

Done. I also removed it counting as 2 powers. If there is a selection of Masons then the extra member shall be randomly chosen from amoung the powerless peoples.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

ChrisGrenard wrote:P.S. I don't want to make an entire thread about it, but I started my new job today! It is a truly fantastic day so far.

Chris, I'm happy for you. Congrats!
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:Done. I also removed it counting as 2 powers. If there is a selection of Masons then the extra member shall be randomly chosen from amoung the powerless peoples.
That runs the risk of there be only Masons on the good side (along with the Seer) - which would be both incredibly cool and game breaking. But then, you have the "I'm the Boss" caveat, so I'm sure that won't happen. :(
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
THERE ARE 5 GAMES!

dang it, quit poking my laziness to spur me into action. I was simply ignoring you...blah! (ok, i guess i should go try to figure it out...after i take a nap, which is actually scheduled right 10 minutes after my siesta.....oh, then i need to.....dang it...look slike i am too busy to open those forums...sorry guys! :mrgreen: )
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

uhm i thought i had it, i guess not.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:P.S. I don't want to make an entire thread about it, but I started my new job today! It is a truly fantastic day so far.

All we can really take from this is that Qantaga wants to create the impression that he is very happy for you. 8-)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

All we can really take from this is that Qantaga wants to create the impression that he is very happy for you. 8-)
As far as you know.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ok with a bit of tinkering, i finally got the bond 2 forums open. I was so off base, wasnt funny.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:uhm i thought i had it, i guess not.
No problemo. Done!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

man the pages are just gonna fly in this game! sweet!
Bayraktar!!!!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This game isn't going to be a walk in the woods, it's going to be a massive furball.

stessier, break right!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:This game isn't going to be a walk in the woods, it's going to be a massive furball.

stessier, break right!
Just a few more seconds and I'll have him! Switching to guns.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Inconceivable
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Alright, here is my plan of attack on setting the powers.
1) First are the four wolves. To assign these roles I will have random.org generate 4 numbers 1-19. If there are any repeated numbers the entire thing will be rerolled. These four people will be the wolves.
2) Next, comes the power generation. I will have random.org generate 19 numbers 1-100. Each player will be assigned one of those numbers in order (first player on the sign up list, first number). Each player with a number 30 or less will be "powered".
3) I will then generate a number 1- 4 for each powered wolf.
4) I will then generate a number 1-13 for each powered human less one.
For any repeated numbers in either of those lists (other than 5 which corresponds to Masons) I will generate a new random number first removing the previously selected powers.
To assign these powers to players I will generate a random number from 1-1000 for each powered player. These will be used to order the players from highest number to lowest. Players will then be given their abilities top down from the list developed in step 3 and 4 as appropriate. I will document this process in the spoiler forum. Which I am now off to check things out on before beginning.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Beginning of game slowed due to my forum admin abilities. More precisely, my lack thereof.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:To assign these roles I will have random.org generate 4 numbers 1-19. If there are any repeated numbers the entire thing will be rerolled.
To avoid that sort of thing, I use random.org to deal cards from a selected deck. In this case, I'd include the whole suit of spades and then A-6 of Hearts and have the site deal off the top 4 cards. No chance of repeats.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:To assign these roles I will have random.org generate 4 numbers 1-19. If there are any repeated numbers the entire thing will be rerolled.
To avoid that sort of thing, I use random.org to deal cards from a selected deck. In this case, I'd include the whole suit of spades and then A-6 of Hearts and have the site deal off the top 4 cards. No chance of repeats.
But then we would not have a ton of cool random type things to read about.. It would just be some cards = numbers... I like the more complex option better. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I just give it a set of integers (no dupes) and use the List Randomizer. Then I map the result onto my categories.

Either you trust the Randomness or you don't. If you do, then there's no need for all the gymnastics.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think what Grund describes is what I do.
I make a list (Seer, Protector, Wolf1, Wolf2, Villager1, Villager2) of all the roles. Tell random.org to randomize that list - and then I apply that ranom list to the sign-up order...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i pick who gets what role

with random.org
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Got my role. Tremble in fear.
Remus West wrote:Alright, here is my plan of attack on setting the powers.
1) First are the four wolves. To assign these roles I will have random.org generate 4 numbers 1-19. If there are any repeated numbers the entire thing will be rerolled. These four people will be the wolves.
2) Next, comes the power generation. I will have random.org generate 19 numbers 1-100. Each player will be assigned one of those numbers in order (first player on the sign up list, first number). Each player with a number 30 or less will be "powered".
For any repeated numbers in either of those lists (other than 5 which corresponds to Masons) I will generate a new random number first removing the previously selected powers.
To assign these powers to players I will generate a random number from 1-1000 for each powered player. These will be used to order the players from highest number to lowest. Players will then be given their abilities top down from the list developed in step 3 and 4 as appropriate. I will document this process in the spoiler forum. Which I am now off to check things out on before beginning.
So there could be lots of powered villagers, or none? Or is a Seer always guaranteed?

What about wolves? Do they get a power on 30 or less as well, otherwise no power other than being furry with big nasty twinky teeth?

Could a role repeat itself (e.g. could there be 4 Berzerker wolves, or 5 Cowards)?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:The Seer is a confirmed role. Everything else is a potential.
Reading is Fundamental, Lagom. ;)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:The Seer is a confirmed role. Everything else is a potential.
Reading is Fundamental, Lagom. ;)
See.

I just assume he's the Seer.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:Got my role. Tremble in fear.
Remus West wrote:Alright, here is my plan of attack on setting the powers.
So there could be lots of powered villagers, or none? Or is a Seer always guaranteed?

What about wolves? Do they get a power on 30 or less as well, otherwise no power other than being furry with big nasty twinky teeth?

Could a role repeat itself (e.g. could there be 4 Berzerker wolves, or 5 Cowards)?
There may be any number of powers in either group (wolves and humans were all given the 30% for a power). There will be no repeated powers other than potentially Masons. There will be a number of Masons equal to the number of times it is rolled + 1 if it comes up at all. There will be a Seer regardless of what else is out there.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Morning all! As somebody else has posted now, I think it's safe to assume that all the powers have gone out.

In a fine twist of fate, I have been given a rather boring role this game. Highly non-essential, but still good.

Now, I assume we are waiting for a wolf attack before accusing people, right? Because when I was harvesting wheat the other day I'm pretty sure I saw Chaosraven giving me the evil eye.

Granted, it might be because I was stealing *his* wheat, but still. It was a very evil eye, complete with menacing scythe, straw hat and everything!
I'm special!
stessier

Post by stessier »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Now, I assume we are waiting for a wolf attack before accusing people, right?
Game is starting at night. When it's time, you'll probably want to accuse people in the actual game thread. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:Now, I assume we are waiting for a wolf attack before accusing people, right?
Game is starting at night. When it's time, you'll probably want to accuse people in the actual game thread. :)
I'm fighting the urge to type "First!" in the other thread.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter