This is not the thread Chris is looking for

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: A Walk in Wolf Woods - 17 in more welcome

Post by Newcastle »

18! holy guacamole!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Re: A Walk in Wolf Woods - 17 in more welcome

Post by Chaosraven »

pr0ner wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I believe kenetickid (currently addicted to WoW)
Hasn't kenetickid bailed on two separate games? Do we really want to go waste a turn debating what to do with his husk?
I remember him bailing, and I haven't played in a long time.
Of course, if neither of them can bother to login long enough to actually sign up... *sigh*
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Re: A Walk in Wolf Woods - 18 in more welcome

Post by stessier »

Do we have a targeted start date for this one?

Not that I'm anxious or anything. Just, you know, wondering. Yeah, that's the ticket!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

yeah, do we have a start date? I like we have massive participation, but interest starts to wane with delays. Btw, this will be a very long game and I would encourage instituting some form of time limit
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm not opposed to a time limit, but way back when the games used to finish in about a month pretty much regardless of size. I miss the days of the 70 page game. So many things to sort and catalog. :wub:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sure. With a gazillion people, I won't have to pay too much attention to the game. Go ahead and sign me up.
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:Sure. With a gazillion people, I won't have to pay too much attention to the game. Go ahead and sign me up.
Says our future Seer. :doh:

:P
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Sure. With a gazillion people, I won't have to pay too much attention to the game. Go ahead and sign me up.
Says our future Seer. :doh:

:P
I've never been a seer. *shrug*
stessier

Re: A Walk in Wolf Woods - 19 in! Game begins tonight

Post by stessier »

Mentalist – His ability to speak to others minds unnerves some so he has kept it hidden. Facing this current evil he cannot afford to do this any longer. Each night he may contact a different player initiating PM contact with them for the duration of the night. All PMs MUST include the moderator so that I can archive them in the spoiler forum.

Does the Menatlist HAVE to contact someone, or is it really "may"?

Mayor – Use to the ebb and flow of politics he can sway the crowd without them even being aware of it. Each day he may cast an extra vote with the moderator through PM. Due to the fickle nature of the public he may not change this vote once it has been cast each day.

Which vote can the Mayor not change - public, private, or both?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I just wanted to tell you all good luck. Everybody else is counting on you.
I'm special!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:Mentalist – His ability to speak to others minds unnerves some so he has kept it hidden. Facing this current evil he cannot afford to do this any longer. Each night he may contact a different player initiating PM contact with them for the duration of the night. All PMs MUST include the moderator so that I can archive them in the spoiler forum.

Mayor – Use to the ebb and flow of politics he can sway the crowd without them even being aware of it. Each day he may cast an extra vote with the moderator through PM. Due to the fickle nature of the public he may not change this vote once it has been cast each day.

Mentalist is a "may"
Mayor may not change the private vote. Public vote may change however he wants.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:Mentalist – His ability to speak to others minds unnerves some so he has kept it hidden. Facing this current evil he cannot afford to do this any longer. Each night he may contact a different player initiating PM contact with them for the duration of the night. All PMs MUST include the moderator so that I can archive them in the spoiler forum.

Mentalist is a "may"
So N -1, is really a possibility of N -2?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Mentalist is a "may"
So N -1, is really a possibility of N -2?
Reverse that. N-2 is possibly N-1 if the Mayor has his secret vote cast there.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Sorry, said that wrong. But yeah, you hit N -2, and no one knows it might be N -1. Sneaky Sneaky..Lucky it's a good guy with 2 votes.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

RMC wrote:Lucky it's a good guy with 2 votes.
Yeah. :roll: :D :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW, if we go into a day phase with an even number of players then majority shall be half the players rather than true majority.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:BTW, if we go into a day phase with an even number of players then majority shall be half the players rather than true majority.
"At least half think you should go!"
"But at least half think I should stay!"

Shouldn't that be half+1, also a true majority?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:BTW, if we go into a day phase with an even number of players then majority shall be half the players rather than true majority.

It should be. But that's why he's spelling it out now. I like his change of rule, but that's me.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Murderous mob wins ties - worth trying if it makes the days shorter. :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:Murderous mob wins ties - worth trying if it makes the days shorter. :)
I'm persuaded!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:Murderous mob wins ties - worth trying if it makes the days shorter. :)
I'm persuaded!
Well you'd better be!

*rabble rabble*

P.S. I don't want to make an entire thread about it, but I started my new job today! It is a truly fantastic day so far.
I'm special!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:

You are making a false assumption there in saying half think you should stay. Just because they do not vote to kill you is not the same as voting to keep you alive. We do not offer that voting option.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:

You are making a false assumption there in saying half think you should stay. Just because they do not vote to kill you is not the same as voting to keep you alive. We do not offer that voting option.
You are making a false assumption about the supposed false assumption. The assumption could be half think he should live. :P
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:"At least half think you should go!"
You are making a false assumption there in saying half think you should stay. Just because they do not vote to kill you is not the same as voting to keep you alive.
It's also an assumption that the half voting against someone think he should go. For any given voter-against, the fact that he does not act to keep you alive does not mean that he really wants you dead.

Given that both are assumptions, the question of assumptions makes no difference.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Heh.  don't lynch grund 

and lets see remus keep up with the ayes and nays
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

stessier

Post by stessier »

I support Chaos 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I feel the weight of stessier 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Simple enough. Anyone placing a name under the accuse tags is voting to lynch them unless it is a withdrawl in the form of "Withdraw [player name]". No other withdrawls will be acknowledged save superceded votes. So, current voting stands:
Against:
Grundbegriff - Chaosraven
Chaosraven - stessier

Take that ya bastages.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

free unagi 

Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:Simple enough. Anyone placing a name under the accuse tags is voting to lynch them unless it is a withdrawl in the form of "Withdraw [player name]". No other withdrawls will be acknowledged save superceded votes. So, current voting stands:
Against:
Grundbegriff - Chaosraven
Chaosraven - stessier
Unagi - Newcastle

Take that ya bastages.
updated.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Withdraw Bakhtosh 

"Where are you off to?"

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I refuse to get in a chain behind Unagi 

theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier, are you working up a  threat matrix 

? We could use one.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lr0dUnagrundistessieremus 

"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

Just a reminder - for anyone who hasn't already, go to http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank and register so that you can have somewhere to talk if you end up a Wolf or Mason (assuming they exist).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Just a reminder - for anyone who hasn't already, go to http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank and register so that you can have somewhere to talk if you end up a Wolf or Mason (assuming they exist).
Now you've gone and made this a chore...
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:
stessier wrote:Just a reminder - for anyone who hasn't already, go to http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank and register so that you can have somewhere to talk if you end up a Wolf or Mason (assuming they exist).
Now you've gone and made this a chore...
You get to kill time by reading all the other games once you are in though! We're up to 5 I believe. And you only have to do it once!!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

yeah i want to echo the registering that Stessier is suggesting. It serves as a great communication area for wovles to chat, and for those who are dead can hop in there and chit chat to their hearts delight.

serves as a great information hub also.
Bayraktar!!!!

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

i was hoping for the weredog role to be used. Btw, is the Seer a possible role or confirmed? If no Alpha wolf who makes kills determination?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What do we do if we have forgotten login and/or password?
"Where are you off to?"