BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Got 20-sign ups CLOSED

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Sign Up! 3+ needed for full rule

Post by Remus West »

Semaj wrote:i'll sign up to fill a seat, here is oping for unpowerd villager.

for those in the know... I apparently had an exposed nerve between two of my teeth and it was causing my level of discomfort.
Gah! I can only imagine how bad that was. I can not stand mouth pains.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
msteelers

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Sign Up! 1+ needed for full rule

Post by msteelers »

I'll take the last spot if it is still available.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

tooth yanked as opposed to root canal... apparently i have a sensitive mouth which means even after various ways to stop pain i still feel things... so yeah... if i never have to do that again, it will be too soon.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

got 20! I'll take more if anyone wants to sign up. I'll close it tonight then start getting the OOWW forum set up and maybe get the PMs out this weekend so we can start fresh Monday.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Got 20-sign ups still open though

Post by theohall »

Looks like we will have another 2-3 week Day One. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:Looks like we will have another 2-3 week Day One. :)
Not in my game, there is a time limit. Day 1 last 6 days (plus weekends).
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
Stupid question: If we decide to make a lynch prior to the 6 days (plus weekends) for Day 1, it will increment to night, right? This is just to give the game a maximum time frame of Days?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Or we could just lynch whoever is up next to run a game :twisted: (assuming those naughty cylons don't kill 'em) ...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Stupid question: If we decide to make a lynch prior to the 6 days (plus weekends) for Day 1, it will increment to night, right? This is just to give the game a maximum time frame of Days?
Yes

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

There are no stupid questions. Merely stupid people with questions. Meatbag.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:Or we could just lynch whoever is up next to run a game :twisted: (assuming those naughty cylons don't kill 'em) ...
and I bumped the queue thread...so whoever offers to run something next is first one night kill or lynched? cruel, cruel man CR....cruel i tell ya (though i'll help ya lynch em)
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The Spoiler Forum says there is nothing there anymore. :(
Spoiler:
Unless Lassr deleted the whole thing, this means he has hidden things correctly.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:The Spoiler Forum says there is nothing there anymore. :(
Spoiler:
Unless Lassr deleted the whole thing, this means he has hidden things correctly.
it's still there. Hiding stuff is more complicated now than it used to be. I'll work on permissions once I roll for roles.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:it's still there. Hiding stuff is more complicated now than it used to be. I'll work on permissions once I roll for roles.
More complicated but hopefully more secure/foolproof once set up correctly. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:it's still there. Hiding stuff is more complicated now than it used to be. I'll work on permissions once I roll for roles.
More complicated but hopefully more secure/foolproof once set up correctly. :)
set up correctly...yeah, that's the biggie. I wonder why you can't see the forums though. I thought I had full access to everyone, I was only messing with my access to test out the permissions. I'll check it out later.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, it's all there. While it says "This board has no forums," the stats reflect that everything's there.
Total posts 1160 • Total topics 19 • Total members 27 • Our newest member bb2112
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Got 20-sign ups CLOSED

Post by Lassr »

Roles are out. waiting on PMs to be picked up before game starts

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up! 7+ needed

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:
redrun wrote:
Lassr wrote:sequence has been updated.
1. Galen passes gun
2. Zarek Recruits
3. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
4. Starbuck protects
5. Doc revives
6. Cylons assassinate
7. Athena scans.
8. D'Anna scans
9. Adama scans & converts

She does protect against Zarek recruiting traitors.
Thanks for the update. Am I reading it right that Starbuck will not protect against traitor recruitment on night one, and will protect the prior night's person against recruitment on night two? I'm pretty sure this is correct, but I've screwed up before by not being exact on the rules.
Starbuck does not protect against traitor recruitment.
I'm a little lost. If Starbuck does not protect against traitor recruitment, then who does?
If Starbuck does protect, who is protected on night two - Starbuck's second night choice, or Starbuck's first night choice?

From the soon_to_start game thread:
Lassr wrote:
FAQ
redrun wrote:If gun passes during the night, when in the sequence will it pass?

If gun passes at night, will Starbuck be aware it has passed, or must she keep scanning gun owner to verify?

Starbuck doesn't protect against Zarek, right? (Looks to be right from sequence, unless last night's protection continues until she picks new protect target).
Starbuck is not aware that the gun has been passed unless she scans the "known" gun carrier again and finds he no longer has the gun.

====================================
Sufficient I am to the day.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:Yeah, it's all there. While it says "This board has no forums," the stats reflect that everything's there.
Total posts 1160 • Total topics 19 • Total members 27 • Our newest member bb2112
This is what I saw. I figured you had thrown us all in "Registered Users" which had no access to anything the way Remus had it set up. Either way, I was just kidding - I knew that you probably hadn't deleted the whole board. :)
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr, is there any way to scan the dead to know if a special was killed, or will we only get human or cylon?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:
I'm a little lost. If Starbuck does not protect against traitor recruitment, then who does?
If Starbuck does protect, who is protected on night two - Starbuck's second night choice, or Starbuck's first night choice?

No one protects against recruiting. Adama can convert them back to citizen.
Night time will start the new protection. So night one protection is also day 1 protection. Night 2 protection is also day 2 protection, etc.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Lassr, is there any way to scan the dead to know if a special was killed, or will we only get human or cylon?
that's Apollo's job, unfortunately he's off on another assignment at this time. So no, not in this game.

Human or Cylon will be the answer.

Apollo –He can ask the role of a deceased player each night.
“What was the role of dead player X?” He may ask about a cylon lynched also to determine if one was Athena but he will not learn the roles of the bad cylons.. May escape #7's bomb (See Cylon #7)

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Lassr, is there any way to scan the dead to know if a special was killed, or will we only get human or cylon?
that's Apollo's job, unfortunately he's off on another assignment at this time. So no, not in this game.

Human or Cylon will be the answer.

Apollo –He can ask the role of a deceased player each night.
“What was the role of dead player X?” He may ask about a cylon lynched also to determine if one was Athena but he will not learn the roles of the bad cylons.. May escape #7's bomb (See Cylon #7)
Just like the f'n guy! Never around when you need him.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:
redrun wrote:

Night time will start the new protection. So night one protection is also day 1 protection. Night 2 protection is also day 2 protection, etc.
-- This makes sense to me. However, the two lines in the faq that state:
lassr wrote: Starbuck is not aware that the gun has been passed unless she scans the "known" gun carrier again and finds he no longer has the gun.
Kinda do sound like Starbuck does protect against Zarek recruiting traitors. May I be so forward as to suggest removal of the second line?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Speaking of Zarek, say he has recruited a Bad Cylon, is his 'traitor count' zero? Meaning when he is sent his morning report, do the Bad Cylons show up on his roster count, misleading him to where he stands, or is his Count *only* corrupted citizens?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:
Lassr wrote:
redrun wrote:

-- This makes sense to me. However, the two lines in the faq that state:
lassr wrote: Starbuck is not aware that the gun has been passed unless she scans the "known" gun carrier again and finds he no longer has the gun.
Kinda do sound like Starbuck does protect against Zarek recruiting traitors. May I be so forward as to suggest removal of the second line?
oops, I left out "Not" I will correct.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:Speaking of Zarek, say he has recruited a Bad Cylon, is his 'traitor count' zero? Meaning when he is sent his morning report, do the Bad Cylons show up on his roster count, misleading him to where he stands, or is his Count *only* corrupted citizens?
The bad cylons will play along with Zarek, making him think he has a traitor so they will show up as a number on his list. He'll know he has a bad cylon if his number reach the critical point and there is no mutiny.

I thought making a mini game once the mutiny occurs and they know they have a cylon in their group to then have to weed out the cylon but then decided not to do that.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote: oops, I left out "Not" I will correct.
Thanks! :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 PM left unread!!!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:1 PM left unread!!!
if you tell us who it is, we'll lynch em first, so that way the game wont lag any more in this game.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

not it
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm guessing Semaj.

Not it.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

My other thought is Qantaga due to his traveling. But unagi could be right with semaj and his penchant for lofty hangovers.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote:My other thought is Qantaga due to his traveling.

Not I. Picked mine up in Onion City (Vidalia, GA) this morning. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga wrote:

CYLON! You responded way too fast to be a normal :D

i kid of course...or am i

<berating Grund moving eye icon>

(i really need to find a link to that grund icon again)
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

CYLON! You responded way too fast to be a normal :D

i kid of course...or am i

<berating Grund moving eye icon>

(i really need to find a link to that grund icon again)
This one? Image
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:My other thought is Qantaga due to his traveling. But unagi could be right with semaj and his penchant for lofty hangovers.
So Unagi's your partner then? :horse:
RMC

Post by RMC »

It is not I either. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Nope. Not me. I'm ready to hang, shoot, or airlock a cylon. :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Present and accounted for.
It's almost as if people are the problem.