BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Got 20-sign ups CLOSED

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Got 20-sign ups CLOSED

Post by Lassr »

Finalized Rules and FAQ are in Game thread

Good guys

Athena (good Cylon) –Each night she can scan to find Cylons.
Athena would submit a name to scan. The answer to her question will be Cylon or Human. If Athena is lynched the autopsy will show Cylon. If she finds Galen before D'Anna she will be told that she has found Galen. If she finds Galen after D'anna she will only be told she has found a Cylon.

She has the one time power to get an extra scan during the day when a Cylon target is found, to determine which Cylon was detected (may be used anytime as long as that Cylon is alive). Cylons will know they were scanned when used.

Adama –scans for traitors. Found traitors are turned back into citizens. No limits on who he scans.

Helo-He has a onetime ability to kill during the day cycle (no gun involved).

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. If she protects a bad cylon (not Athena), She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the Cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one. Her protection carries over into the day against Doral's suicide bombing.

Starbuck each night may search for the player with the gun. If she finds the player with the gun she may interrupt that player on any day if they draw the weapon to fire. If the weapon has been passed to another person at night then Starbuck cannot disarm until she finds the new player with the weapon (She may continuously check the same person if she wishes). If the weapon is passed during the day and Starbuck has identified the gun holder on a previous night, she will notice the exchange and know the identity of the new gun holder. (If the option to interrupt is available then the Moderator will e-mail Starbuck and ask if she wishes to interrupt, as the player with the gun is about to shoot, but not who he will shoot). Her identity will not be revealed.

Doc Cottle –May revive a night kill the following day or a day kill the following night. One time power. His identity will not be revealed when power is used. Revived players cannot use any specials powers until the next cycle. (i.e. Revive at night, cannot use power until the day time or next night).

Good guy/potential bad guy

Galen Tyrol –He is unsure of his loyalty after discovering he is a Cylon but continues to assist the humans. If he is found by Athena he will give his sidearm to another player of his choice at anytime during the game (day or night after the night found), that player then will have the ability to kill during the day cycle (does not replace the lynch). Galen will give the player the gun and they will exchange info (allowed one PM to each other). The player with the gun then may use it at anytime during the day cycle. (As a good Cylon, he will not use the sidearm, and yes he could accidentally pass it to a bad Cylon).

If found by D’Anna, he will then have the one time ability to kill during the day. He will count toward the Cylons side and have access to the forum. (If D'Anna finds him after Athena, she will just be told his role and he will not switch sides to the Cylons at this point).

If not found he counts for the human side but will not use the gun or pass the gun.

If the gun is fired, the ID of the shooter will be revealed (not their role).

Enlarge Image
Citizens – Citizens have no power other than voting.

================
Bad Guys

D’Anna-each night she may research the background of a living player to determine their role If she finds Galen Tyrol before Athena, he will switch to the Cylon side.

Aaron Doral – May at anytime during the day cycle use explosives to kill himself and a player of his choice but only if there is a least one lynch vote against him. If Starbuck protected Doral's target the previous night then Doral will explode but his target will be saved. Starbuck's identity will not be revealed.

Simon-once during the game he may secretly administer a sedative to one of the players during the day cycle. That player is unconscious for the remainder of the day cycle and may not post, vote or use any special ability during that time. Player wakes at the start of the night cycle. If he administers the sedative at a time when the winning condition for the Cylons is at X-1 then Cylons win. (e.g. 3 good team members remaining vs 2 Bad Cylons, administer sedative then it is 2 vs 2.)

Leoben - has a mysterious psychic connection to Starbuck but does not know her identity. Each night he may scan a human and ask if the human is Starbuck. He may also once during the game psychically interrupt Starbucks protection (prevent her from protecting one night).

==============
Traitors

Zarek can recruit only citizens & bad Cylons (although they will not be traitors and he will not know they are Cylons), all other specials will not become a traitor. Specials will not know an attempt to turn them was initiated. When traitor numbers (minus bad Cylons) equal remaining Cylons & humans, traitors win. Traitors will not know identities of other traitors or Zarek.

If a Cylon dies by lynch then no traitor can be recruited the following night.

Zarek gets a report each morning of number of traitors remaining (including bad cylons recruited).

If Zarek dies then mutiny cannot happen and the traitors revert back to citizens. Bad Cylons continue on.

Sequence:
1. Galen passes gun
2. Zarek Recruits
3. Leoben interrupts Starbuck
4. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
5. Starbuck protects
6. Doc revives
7. Cylons assassinate
8. Athena scans.
9. D'Anna scans
10. Adama scans & converts
11. Leoben scans for Starbuck

Hours in the game day shift:
Day 1 -18 hours
Day 2 -18 hours
Day 3 -15 hours
Day 4+ -12 Hours

What does this mean?
Each Real day time (24 hours give or take an hour or 2) is 3 hours of game time

Translation:
Day 1 = 6 RL Days
Day 2 = 6 RL Days
Day 3 = 5 RL Days
Day 4 and on = 4 RL Days.

Weekends will be an extension of Friday or added to Monday.

So Day 1 would last 6 days plus weekends. If no lynch happens then everyone goes to bed and the night cycle starts.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena & Galen if unconverted) and Zarek.
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even. (Athena counts toward humans. Galen counts toward humans if unconverted).
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 13, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 26 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage- NOT A SIGN UP

Post by Newcastle »

/ignores thread title

/goes back to reading the paper
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1. Newcastle
2. tru1cy
3. RMC
4. Remus West
5. Isgrimnur
6. Chaosraven
7. bb2112
8. theohall
9. proner
10.Qantaga
11.Grundbegriff
12.stessier
13. scoop
14. redrun
15. Unagi
16. Lagom Lite
17. LordMortis
18. semaj
19. ChrisGrenard
20. msteelers
Last edited by Lassr on Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage- modding rules -comments?

Post by stessier »

Not all of your pictures work for me. :(
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

In
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

In.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, since everyone else is doing it....in.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr wrote:May have to trim down the roles. This setup is really for a 18+ person game, not sure we'll be able to get that many right now. I'll look to trim it down to a simpler game since Remus just ran a somewhat complicated one.
why not see how many people are INterested before trimming?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:
Lassr wrote:May have to trim down the roles. This setup is really for a 18+ person game, not sure we'll be able to get that many right now. I'll look to trim it down to a simpler game since Remus just ran a somewhat complicated one.
why not see how many people are INterested before trimming?
absolutely. I just added a remove tag next to the ones that may get eliminated.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up!

Post by Isgrimnur »

What the heck? IN
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Reading...

In
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Not all of your pictures work for me. :(
which ones?

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:Image
Hodor.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Count me in.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:Not all of your pictures work for me. :(
which ones?
Might have been a work thing. They are all working from home.

In.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Well that has put us at 12 and the recruiting has been open for a day. You might get to your 18 before too long. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Well that has put us at 12 and the recruiting has been open for a day. You might get to your 18 before too long. :D
sign ups will be open until mid next week probably. Still volunteering for tornado clean up and then getting caught back up at work after a week and half off.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Lassr wrote:Still volunteering for tornado clean up and then getting caught back up at work after a week and half off.

Lassr, I meant to say something about this earlier. I've been thinking about you/praying for you. I played hide and seek with the storms myself when they came through. Atlanta was miraculously bypassed (they attribute it to a warm air dome sitting over the city, as the tornados hit all around Atlanta). I was in Hoover the day the tornados hit Tuscaloosa, then saw what they did to Cullman. I heard about Ringgold, too, so I knew they must have been close to you. I hope they didn't hit you too hard.
Scoop20906

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up! 8+ needed

Post by Scoop20906 »

IN but only if I get a gun. :wub:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
Lassr wrote:Still volunteering for tornado clean up and then getting caught back up at work after a week and half off.

Lassr, I meant to say something about this earlier. I've been thinking about you/praying for you. I played hide and seek with the storms myself when they came through. Atlanta was miraculously bypassed (they attribute it to a warm air dome sitting over the city, as the tornados hit all around Atlanta). I was in Hoover the day the tornados hit Tuscaloosa, then saw what they did to Cullman. I heard about Ringgold, too, so I knew they must have been close to you. I hope they didn't hit you too hard.
my community was lucky. the big EF5/EF4 lifted about 10 miles from me and then retouched down as an EF-0 about 5 miles from me. It then restrengthened to an EF4 when it crossed the county line and then went into TN. One community here was devastated (Harvest) but there are numerous areas of damage from much smaller tornadoes and micro-bursts. One area right in the middle of Huntsville that was hit by a microburst that almost leveled all the trees in an 1/2 mile radius. Not sure where I'm headed today for cleanup, I'm waiting on the phone call.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Re: COMING SOON-BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up! 7+ needed

Post by redrun »

If gun passes during the night, when in the sequence will it pass?

If gun passes at night, will Starbuck be aware it has passed, or must she keep scanning gun owner to verify?

Starbuck doesn't protect against Zarek, right? (Looks to be right from sequence, unless last night's protection continues until she picks new protect target).

When, if during night, does Doc Cottle's revive take place? (Probably doesn't matter, but am curious).

May Simon submit order for sedative prior to start of day to take place as soon as day starts, or is he required to wait until day has started in game thread to submit the order?
Lassr wrote: Sequence:
1. Zarek Recruits
2. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
3. Starbuck protects
4. Ellen gets nasty
5. Cylons assassinate
6. Athena scans.
7. D'Anna scans
8. Adama scans & converts
Who is this Ellen person?
Sufficient I am to the day.
theohall

Post by theohall »

redrun wrote:Who is this Ellen person?
The XO's wife who liked to sleep around.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll update the rules tonight or when I get a chance and hopefully answer your questions then. Ellen was in my last game. When I added the new roles I forgot to finish editing the sequence.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:If gun passes during the night, when in the sequence will it pass?

If gun passes at night, will Starbuck be aware it has passed, or must she keep scanning gun owner to verify?

Starbuck doesn't protect against Zarek, right? (Looks to be right from sequence, unless last night's protection continues until she picks new protect target).

When, if during night, does Doc Cottle's revive take place? (Probably doesn't matter, but am curious).

May Simon submit order for sedative prior to start of day to take place as soon as day starts, or is he required to wait until day has started in game thread to submit the order?
Lassr wrote: Sequence:
1. Zarek Recruits
2. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
3. Starbuck protects
4. Ellen gets nasty
5. Cylons assassinate
6. Athena scans.
7. D'Anna scans
8. Adama scans & converts
Who is this Ellen person?
sequence has been updated.
1. Galen passes gun
2. Zarek Recruits
3. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
4. Starbuck protects
5. Doc revives
6. Cylons assassinate
7. Athena scans.
8. D'Anna scans
9. Adama scans & converts

Starbuck is not aware that the gun has been passed unless she scans the "known" gun carrier again and finds he no longer has the gun.
She does protect against Zarek recruiting traitors.
Simon may submit the order anytime during the day and it takes affect as soon as the mod gets the PM; any delay can be viewed as Simon trying to find the right time to do it and not be noticed. :)
I will not accept Simon's order before daybreak unless Simon is going to be unavailable due to an ezmate situation; then I will allow some time to pass before actually sedating the target (I'll give the target a chance to show up within a 5 hour time frame before sedating. Once I notice the target has shown up in the thread I will issue the sedation order).

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:sequence has been updated.
1. Galen passes gun
2. Zarek Recruits
4. Starbuck protects
5. Doc revives
6. Cylons assassinate
7. Athena scans.
8. D'Anna scans

Thanks for the update. Am I reading it right that Starbuck will not protect against traitor recruitment on night one, and will protect the prior night's person against recruitment on night two? I'm pretty sure this is correct, but I've screwed up before by not being exact on the rules.

Please add me to the list of players. Since Scoop has insisted that he be allowed a gun, I'd like a bazooka please. I figure the possibility of a bazooka being used on a spaceship should keep everyone on their best behavior. :)
Sufficient I am to the day.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

redrun wrote:
Lassr wrote:sequence has been updated.
1. Galen passes gun
2. Zarek Recruits
4. Starbuck protects
5. Doc revives
6. Cylons assassinate
7. Athena scans.
8. D'Anna scans

Thanks for the update. Am I reading it right that Starbuck will not protect against traitor recruitment on night one, and will protect the prior night's person against recruitment on night two? I'm pretty sure this is correct, but I've screwed up before by not being exact on the rules.

Please add me to the list of players. Since Scoop has insisted that he be allowed a gun, I'd like a bazooka please. I figure the possibility of a bazooka being used on a spaceship should keep everyone on their best behavior. :)
Starbuck does not protect against traitor recruitment.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up! 5+ needed for full rule set

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr:

If the weapon is passed during the day and Starbuck has identified the gun holder on a previous night, she will notice the exchange and know the identity of the new gun holder.

This text was under Starbuck, but seems to be in contridiction to your latest email. Just confirming: If Starbuck knows the identity of the person with the gun will Starbuck notice the passing of the gun and know the new identity or will she have to retest to find if the gun changed hands?

Thanks!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Lassr:

If the weapon is passed during the day and Starbuck has identified the gun holder on a previous night, she will notice the exchange and know the identity of the new gun holder.

This text was under Starbuck, but seems to be in contridiction to your latest email. Just confirming: If Starbuck knows the identity of the person with the gun will Starbuck notice the passing of the gun and know the new identity or will she have to retest to find if the gun changed hands?

Thanks!
correct, if the gun is passed during the day. If it's passed at night then she is not witness to it and thus loses track of the gun.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

redrun wrote:Please add me to the list of players. Since Scoop has insisted that he be allowed a gun, I'd like a bazooka please. I figure the possibility of a bazooka being used on a spaceship should keep everyone on their best behavior. :)
:D
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll join in.
Lassr

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage-Sign Up! 4+ needed for full rule set

Post by Lassr »

I'm looking to get everything squared away this weekend and get this game started next week.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

if you are not registered I would advise you to do so:

http://ooww.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Oh, it's werewolf! Thought maybe it was a board game.

In if you need more players. If sign-ups are closed, that's fine too.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:Oh, it's werewolf! Thought maybe it was a board game.

In if you need more players. If sign-ups are closed, that's fine too.
You're in, I'd like 20 players to start. I've pm'ed a few others, let's see if I can get any bites.

Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Re: BSG VII: Sabotage (WW)-Sign Up! 3+ needed for full rule

Post by LordMortis »

Sure. Watch me die on the first day again and watch the good guys lose. :P
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

LordMortis wrote:Sure. Watch me die on the first day again and watch the good guys lose. :P

We won't lynch you if you don't go all "Hey, Team Evil... look over here... I'm your boy" again. :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

i'll sign up to fill a seat, here is oping for unpowerd villager.

for those in the know... I apparently had an exposed nerve between two of my teeth and it was causing my level of discomfort.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Semaj wrote:for those in the know... I apparently had an exposed nerve between two of my teeth and it was causing my level of discomfort.

Wow Semaj. That must have been brutal. I hope you've got it fixed now.