Post by theohall »

RMC 

Chaosraven

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC 

"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Be very careful voting, in the event LL has his secret vote, even three bad guys can wolfpile the vote
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

theohall

Post by theohall »

Who needs secret votes? ;)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Oh, and apparently the guests are actually guests. Based on the main forum page, we show up as Hidden.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Good luck. and remember, we're all counting on you.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Isgrimnur wrote:Oh, and apparently the guests are actually guests. Based on the main forum page, we show up as Hidden.
Now that's funny
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image

:D
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Thu May 05, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

:binky: *sigh* :binky:
Hodor.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Is that 5?

If not,  Theohall 

Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 5

Post by Remus West »

Players:
1. Newcastle - eaten in the night
2. Qantaga - eaten in the night
3. Chaosraven - RMC
4. Theohall - RMC
5. rshetts2 - lynched Human
6. Scoop20906 - lynched Wolf
7. Grundbegriff - eaten in the night
8. tru1cy - lynched human
9. lassr - eaten in the night
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard - RMC
13. Unagi - eaten in the night
14. stessier - lynched wolf
15. Isgrimnur - RMC
16. pr0ner - eaten in the night
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite - msteelers, RMC
19. Lord Mortis - lynched Human
20. Semaj - Semaj

Majority is 5.

RMC - 5 - Lagom Lite, Isgrimnur, ChrisGrenard, theohall, Chaosraven

Voting is closed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Well yeah, there we go. So yeah, I guess I should admit my witchiness. But then again, I'm not a witch, I'm your wife! :shock:
I'm special!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The sun seemed to move faster this day. Semaj was the first to speak out. Kill me, he said. I'm to hung over to survive anyway. Everyone looked at him funny and edged away. Then Lagom Lite cleared his throat. Maybe we should lynch msteelers, he suggested. Oh, what the heck, lets kill off RMC instead. RMC looked up from the last will and testament he was scratching on a rock. What? Oh, go ahead. I'm human but we are screwed anyway. May as well die today. Isgrimnur raised his voice and practically howled out the name RMC. Then with a cackle Chrisgrenard added his vote to the growing pile against RMC. It seemed as though the traveler paused then to catch their breathes before theohall added his bark of approval to this vote and Chaosraven echoed it back at him. They group looked around, expecting the cloaked figure to be here to deal with their vote. They turned and searched the woods for him but to no avail. Turning back into the center of the clearing they noticed him standing next to RMC with his arm around RMC's shoulders. Then he dropped his arm and the corpse he had been holding fell to the ground. He strode through the stunned group to the edge of the woods and disappeared into the shadows of the forest. Then suddenly he reappeared. "I don't want to miss this actually." he said as the last vestiges of humanity fell from Isgrimnur, theohall, and Chaosraven. Chrisgrenard held msteelers arms back while the wolves leaped to his throat. Then turned and rammed a stick into the stomach of Lagom Lite. Semaj did not even flinch when the wolves closed on him. Maybe if he had fought back redrun would have made it further than three steps before Chaosraven landed on his back and clamped his teeth on the back of redrun's neck, shaking him like a ragdoll until his body went one direction and his head the other. Chrisgrenard cheered wildly for his wolven friends until his cheering was interrupted. "Did you think my beasts would spare you?" the cloaked man asked. It was then Chrisgrenard noticed the wolves circling him. That was to late. theohall tore his Achilles out to stop him from running and Isgrimnur placed a paw on each arm to hold Chris down while he began to eat him alive from the stomach on in. After the screams stopped the wolves turned to face the cloaked figure. As they approached, low growls in their throats the figure threw back his cloak. "Damn that thing gets hot." Remus picked up the bloody stick Chris had impaled Lagom with and shook it in front of the wolves. "Want the stick? Want the stick? Go get it." and tossed the stick down the path. As theohall and Chaosraven raced after the stick barking happily Remus idly scratched Isgrimnur's ears. "I always was good at killing the village" he mused aloud to himself. Then strode down the path towards his next adventure with his new best friends.

Game Over.

Evil wins.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

Post by Remus West »

Spoiler:
Players:
1. Newcastle - Coward
2. Qantaga - Undertaker
3. Chaosraven - Gamma Wolf
4. Theohall - Wolf
5. rshetts2
6. Scoop20906 - Wolf
7. Grundbegriff - Trapper
8. tru1cy - sorcerer
9. lassr - Seer
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard - Witch
13. Unagi
14. stessier - Wolf
15. Isgrimnur - Wolf
16. pr0ner - Hunter
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite - Mayor
19. Lord Mortis
20. Semaj
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

aww... :(
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

love going to bed and always coming back with someone dead
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lagom Lite wrote:aww... :(
Ha see.. I was a villager...And everyone else was a baddie, except Semaj..Sorry about that...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

pr0ner was the Hunter and never shot anyone??
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

We were screwed, 2 of our "powereds" worked for the other team, so we had 7 badduns...

it's like a game of 9 people with 3 wolfs... nfw to win.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

There was a sorcerer too? Wow.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

msteelers wrote:There was a sorcerer too? Wow.

Yes. I was happy that tru1cy turned up evil, but it made me crazy that I couldn't pass that info along (being all dead and such).

So, it turns out that both our weekend lynches were good ones for the village. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I only have a few minutes this morning, so some quick comments (I'll have more tonight):

- I loved the game. The mystery of it all led to so many permutations that it made things very interesting.

- Thank you Remus. I really enjoyed your write-ups (lightning hands and all). You did a great job with the game, the story, and your modding.

- My only suggestion would be to limit evil. I think this game should have had an evil cap of 5. So, if a Witch or a Sorceror appeared, a wolf would not. In other words, you could have 5 wolves -or- 4 wolves/1 evil human -or- 3 wolves/2 evil humans. I think that would have given the village a fighting chance. Like Semaj, I think evil was overpowered in this game. By the time we started voting, it was 12 good, 7 evil. We lynched 3 evils in 5 days and still went to the final day at 5g/4e. With evil able to communticate, and with their nightly kills, it was impossible for us to keep up. Regardless, it still doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game, it's just my humble suggestion for any future iterations.

- Congrats to Team Evil! Very nicely played. All of team evil did a nice job, but theohall completely snowed me. With his defense of me against stessier and his stance against Grund (which was similar to the way I felt at that time), I had virtually cleared him.

- I wondered why stessier came out and claimed Seer. However, now I see that the game was 10g/7e when he did that, so the odds were so far in their favor at that moment, I suppose they thought they would just have a little fun. It was like they were wolf pups batting their little toy villagers around for awhile. :)

- Why did Grund not use his Trapper ability on the night he was killed? He had to know that the villagers were highly likely to string him up the next day without a second night kill. I suppose he wasn't certain of hitting a bad guy, but I'm very curious to hear from him about that night.

- Silly wolves got very lucky killing our Seer (Lassr) on NIght 0. With that making the numbers 12/7, we were behind the 8-ball and flying blind from the outset.

I have other thoughts, but need to run for now.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I agree with Qantaga. The game was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the mystery behind everything. The only problem was that the thread was 50+ pages, and trying to go back and read everything was annoying.

Evil was ridiculously overpowered for this game, but I don't know if that means they need to be limited in any further rule changes. They got a witch and a sorcerer, plus killed our seer on the first night. The game was practically lost right then and there.

My last list would have been redrun and theohall. Based on the previous days events I actually had theohall higher on my list than redrun, but I wanted to go back through the thread and read it one last time. Realistically though, I don't know when I would have done that. 50 pages is a lot to read.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

msteelers wrote: Evil was ridiculously overpowered for this game, but I don't know if that means they need to be limited in any further rule changes. They got a witch and a sorcerer, plus killed our seer on the first night. The game was practically lost right then and there.
yep, we briefly discussed that in the spoiler forum.
PuppetMaster wrote:
Lassr wrote:
PuppetMaster wrote: Side note: I think I over powered the Witch by allowing her to have access to the wolf forum and thus coordinate with the wolves. Also I should likely have gone with a set number of beginning evil roles rather than a set number of wolves as the numbers advantage is rather large right now and I doubt the humans have much shot....that said, it does line up with the three strike rule as is so....shrug.
You Bastard! You killed the whole village....again!
I like to play to my strengths. :P
I'd like to say I enjoyed the game also but being dead spoils it a little.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Yep Kind of a ridiculous set up against good. We lost our seer before we even got to play and it was also unfortunate that one of the wolves got to hide for half the game in meta with net problems. Add in the fact that we got no info to start and with evil humans we couldnt even know if a kill was good or not and we had virtually no chance to win. I am still amazed though, after Theo railroaded me and our special pronounced me as a good human, no one even poked Theo for that. All in all, the fact that we pushed this game as far as we did is surprising.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

my two kills for today were theohall and chaosraven
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I have to agree with everyone on this. The evil team was *vastly* overpowered. I can't believe tru1cy was evil as well, that's an "I'll be damned" moment there.

So here's some insider info about Scoop and Stessier's deaths for you.

With Scoop, we agreed in the wolf forum that we wanted the existence of a witch to not be a "100% positive" sort of thing. We'd routinely use the power to block and kill a person on the same night. Only rarely did it get used elsewhere.

One time, for whatever reason, I chose to block Scoop so that no villager would be sure that I existed. Scoop saw this and just *ran* with it, before I could yell, "NO! NO YOU FOOL! YOU JUST OUTED AS EITHER SPECIAL OR A WOLF!" And so there you have it, seppuku number one.

Stessier was our second insanicide. For some reason, despite that Qantaga was very well trusted, he decided without consulting anyone to fake the seer role. And we all saw how that turned out. I couldn't even think of a proper defense for him.

Within my own play, I'm surprised more people didn't notice me watching the forum, or being wishy-washy in my selections. I never did follow through with my big post claim that I was going to lynch theohall, but perhaps it was ignored because he was getting trusted at that point.

Finally, I have a few ideas for improving the game. First, there needs to be fewer baddies. We were just far too high in number. Secondly, it might work out okay if the first night kill is a random villager, taken from the unpowered pool. We can claim that it's due to the wolves first learning their powers, and not being able to control them yet. It would prevent night 1 seer kills, which I do firmly believe really helped nail the coffin for the good guys.

The big problem, from my perspective, is that if we hadn't had 2 insane-i-cides on our team, we potentially could have gotten through the whole game without losing anyone. That's just really bad. Team Good needs to have the information table tipped in their favor quite a bit, the evil team just *knew* too much.
I'm special!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:Yep Kind of a ridiculous set up against good. We lost our seer before we even got to play and it was also unfortunate that one of the wolves got to hide for half the game in meta with net problems.
I was really really surprised that you guys let him live after we waited that long for him to get back on. Thought the time gap made it clear he was evil.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Remus West wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:Yep Kind of a ridiculous set up against good. We lost our seer before we even got to play and it was also unfortunate that one of the wolves got to hide for half the game in meta with net problems.
I was really really surprised that you guys let him live after we waited that long for him to get back on. Thought the time gap made it clear he was evil.
Same, I had multiple times I was telling people in the evil forum, "Oh god you guys are gonna get yourselves all lynched with that."

I had bet on Scoop Day 1 lynch (missed that one by a lot) and a Chaos lynch after it was clear that he was holding up the evil team's voting.
I'm special!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

As much confusion I was trying to cause I guess I served Team evil as their pawn :twisted: Set me up. Btw, the sorcerer was useless once Seer was dead , so I wasn't needed and stop scanning.

At one point I was planning to come out as a third Seer to counter Qantaga, but figured I would have been lynched
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I enjoyed the "unknown roles" thing very much, I think it added another layer of paranoia to the game. I'll state the obvious as well - evil was OP, but it was a fun game.

theohall had me fooled. I didn't have any read on ChrisGrenard, Isgrimnur or Chaosraven, and I was obviously wrong about RMC (sorry! :oops: ).

Mind-blowing how we only really missed twice though (LordMortis & rhsetts2, I'm not counting RMC since that was a 4/5-vote dogpile) and still lost the game.

I wonder how it would have turned out if the Seer, Hunter and Trapper had a chance to use their powers. Who did pr0ner protect?
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 3

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I am back, and have caught up.
Yeah, you need to submit your kill order to Remus. :ninja:
:doh:
Is there anyone in hell?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
as the only wolf that had to turn in an order (even if it was No Scan) I was positive I was going to get lynched holding up the game.
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Although, Chaosraven could have been a good special that needed to turn in an order. Not necessarily an evil special.
Is there anyone in hell?

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:Although, Chaosraven could have been a good special that needed to turn in an order. Not necessarily an evil special.
Which would simply lead to the question of why did he live through the next night as the wolves would know for certain if he was one of them or not.

As for the misses, the final miss is always that way. One bad vote on the last day and the remaining bad guys pile on. Even if it is down to three people it is the same story. The village had the traditional three misses. I actually think that in running this again I would randomly generate a number of evil powers and include the witch and sorcerer in them but still hold the number of wolves solid. If I also remove the witch from contact with the wolves then neither side can be sure of what the end point would be as neither side could be sure if there was a witch and/or sorcerer in play.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

theohall wrote:pr0ner was the Hunter and never shot anyone??
When I blocked Grund's trapper kill of Q, my plan on the night you all killed me was to protect Q again, figuring he was the obvious target, then out myself, finally end all the questions about Q, and shoot tru1cy or Grenard.

The fact that the witch had access to the wolf forum, and could curse EVERY night, made him way overpowered.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:
When I blocked Grund's trapper kill of Q, my plan on the night you all killed me was to protect Q again, figuring he was the obvious target, then out myself, finally end all the questions about Q, and shoot tru1cy or Grenard.

The fact that the witch had access to the wolf forum, and could curse EVERY night, made him way overpowered.
I don't think the curse every night ability was to much as he couold only curse each person once. The access to the wolves was to much as it allowed coordination.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:

I don't think the curse every night ability was to much as he couold only curse each person once. The access to the wolves was to much as it allowed coordination.
Yeah, you're right, now that I think about it a bit more, the combination of the two was too much (seeing as how they were cursing/killing in tandem at the end game).

I'm still shocked Grund went after Q, by the way.

I do take some solace in knowing that I had my suspicions of most of (all?) the bad guys at some point in the game. Shame I didn't act on them better, especially Theo, when they happened.
Hodor.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:As for the misses, the final miss is always that way. One bad vote on the last day and the remaining bad guys pile on. Even if it is down to three people it is the same story. The village had the traditional three misses.
Yes, but in a game of 19 players the number of game days are higher - therefore, there should be proportionally more misses allowed (since more "hits" are required to win).
Is there anyone in hell?