[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Qantaga

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Night

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote:I doubt tru1cy was the Witch. I don't see a Witch self-voting with team evil possibly being a night kill and one lynch from a win - assuming a Witch and 3 wolves left.

But why would a good player self-vote? I will never be able to understand that. He can't even claim frustration. He didn't even try. He only had three votes on himself when he self-voted. That doesn't look to me like a good player who is trying to help the village win.

I hope he was the Witch.

Regardless of his ultimate alignment, though, he was effectively playing for team evil.

Have I mentioned that I despise the self-vote?
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:
theohall wrote:I doubt tru1cy was the Witch. I don't see a Witch self-voting with team evil possibly being a night kill and one lynch from a win - assuming a Witch and 3 wolves left.

But why would a good player self-vote? I will never be able to understand that. He can't even claim frustration. He didn't even try. He only had three votes on himself when he self-voted. That doesn't look to me like a good player who is trying to help the village win.

I hope he was the Witch.

Regardless of his ultimate alignment, though, he was effectively playing for team evil.

Have I mentioned that I despise the self-vote?
I hate the self-vote, too. But one has to ask why would a Witch self-vote this close to a possible victory - based on what we know?? There is zero reason, just like there is zero reason for an innocent to do the same. These last two self-votes both remind of someone just throwing in the towel, because they couldn't figure out a way to be believed, regardless of their role.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Really? Another weekend train?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I said something about the weekend trains, but i've also learned no one listens to me, they just tolerate me.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Some folks have more time on Sundays. Some folks have more time on weekdays. Trains happen under both conditions. Commenting on it isn't going to change it. Actually voting for someone with a full week worth of posts (Semaj) might actually help prevent those kind of weekend trains, instead of just posting about it happening.

Saying the wolves have been dragging when not voting on anyone in the midst of a few others voting - like this past Sunday? Whose dragging?? Using the "let everyone check in" thing is classic wolf dragging and looks to be even moreso when everyone had already checked in more than once in the preceding week.

Come to think of it, Semaj, have you actually voted for anyone since Scoop?? I find that intriguing - and not in a good way.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

nope, but if you read the other ww thread, i have been sorta mia thepast week/week and a half... The US screwed my ability to make money and now i'm hopped up on pankillers.

meh, if you want i'll continue the trend of self voting good people because i'm frigging dying atm.
Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 5

Post by Remus West »

The sun rose over a night filled with screams. The travelers had all curled up as small as they could in whatever hole they could find. Praying they would be again left alone in the horrible dark they trembled with each gust of wind through the trees. The first scream brought a jump of shock followed closely by a sense of relief that they were not the one to die that night. Relief only slightly tinged with guilt. As the first rays of the sun came through the leaves they emerged from their holes and slowly took stock of their situation. Qantaga was leaning against a large oak when they gathered. At first they just sat around waiting for him to talk and tell them what he had discovered in the night. As the sun slowly came up the rays of light entered his unblinking eyes and they realized he was dead. As Chaosraven approached the body a strong breeze pushed it off the oak and as his corpse leaned forward they couold see Qantaga had been eaten for the back through nearly to his front.

Players:
1. Newcastle - eaten in the night
2. Qantaga - eaten in the night
3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
5. rshetts2 - lynched Human
6. Scoop20906 - lynched Wolf
7. Grundbegriff - eaten in the night
8. tru1cy - lynched human
9. lassr - eaten in the night
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
13. Unagi - eaten in the night
14. stessier - lynched wolf
15. Isgrimnur
16. pr0ner - eaten in the night
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
19. Lord Mortis - lynched Human
20. Semaj

Day had risen on the 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 travelers.

Majority is 5.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, that certainly settles the Qantaga issue.

We know know that there are fewer than five evil characters in play, or we'd be done here. Today's lynch, I think, will be critical. I still think the odds favor three wolves and one evil human, which would make a miss today very fatal for the village. We have to get this one right.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 4

Post by Chaosraven »

tru1cy vote wrote:Players:
2. Qantaga - tru1cy
3. Chaosraven - tru1cy
4. Theohall - tru1cy, RMC
8. tru1cy - RMC, tru1cy
10. msteelers - redrun
11. redrun - tru1cy, RMC
12. Chrisgrenard - tru1cy
15. Isgrimnur
17. RMC - redrun, tru1cy
18. Lagom Lite - RMC, tru1cy
20. Semaj
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Any takers on msteelers naming redrun again?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

theohall wrote:Any takers on msteelers naming redrun again?
The odds of that happening are very high. I have two names on my list of people that I would definitely vote for today. I want to re-read everything and see if something stands out.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

msteelers wrote:
theohall wrote:Any takers on msteelers naming redrun again?
The odds of that happening are very high. I have two names on my list of people that I would definitely vote for today. I want to re-read everything and see if something stands out.
I said tot o do this a day or 4 ago... course i havent followed my own advice either...
theohall

Post by theohall »

Saying things and acting on them by voting are two different things.

Even with his meta reasons which started well after the second lynch, Semaj has voted for noone and still is creating reasons not to vote. Imo, he is hiding in plain sight by commenting enough to avoid attention. He or RMC are wolves.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

yup
ya caught me
your trying awfully hard to make me sound evil.

Shame my actions when i wasnt ezmating the last week say otherwise.

Who else have you thought were evil? Were ANY of them actually evil?

I dunno theo, still bitter i had you pegged as evil and now that you think i might have a weakness trying to harp on it in the hopes of getting another villager killed?

Enlighten me, of all the people left(Listed below for ease of your obviously flawed reasoning), clearly 3 have to be wolves... why the hell would you try and single me out? UNless of course you think it might be your best bet to win, create reasonable doubt in case you die, so if it comes down to it, someone else would be willing to vote for me.

3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
15. Isgrimnur
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
20. Semaj

So as i sit here... yeah the last week and a half i have done much, however what I have done should speak as loudly as when i ezmated. I wanted to vote for wolves, i tried t get people on wolf trains before they themselves decided to. I talk about reasoning things out, about thinking before you act, not quick killing someone (who ended up good) on a weekend. If anything I have been the solid voice of reason for good... So because I am quiet, it means I am a wolf... hiding in plain sight...

Yups... I am not at a loss for just how phenomenally off you are. If you're not a wolf, you're obviously about to head people down the road to loss.

So seriously, since I know I am not a wolf:
1. Chaosraven
2. Theohall
3. msteelers
4. redrun
5. Chrisgrenard
6. Isgrimnur
7. RMC
8. Lagom Lite

we have a 37.5% chance of flat out guessing who is a wolf... randomly... if you can eliminate someone who isnt a wolf, it goes to ~43....

The rest of you, think long and hard, and if you can eliminate a name or two, this game becomes winnable.

But me, i'd look at voting patterns, who said what and check everything... You know.. if i wanted to win.
redrun

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 4

Post by redrun »

redrun wrote:2. Qantaga: Came out as Undertaker, with a scan of seer - On day 2. Real time it was 11:09pm at night. Stessier countered his claim with a claim of seer - at 12:32pm the next day - 13 hours later, most of them night, and before all other players had checked in. Since it was day two, there could be only one Beta scan possible - the wolves couldn't know that the undertaker and the seer were both dead. If Qantaga and Stessier had somehow planned this to make Qantaga a trusted, I think they would have waited a while longer to make sure that there was no counterclaim to Qantaga. He's played as a good player. I don't see a reason to lynch him, even if he keeps on living - his power makes things a bit more difficult for the wolves, but until the witch dies (and via identification by Qantaga allows us to look at her voting patterns) he's not a big threat to the wolves - so I would not be surprised if they would keep him alive in hopes of pointing to his survival as a reason for the village to kill him late in the game.
-- So, the wolves finally killed Qantaga. See above for why I think they killed him. Tru1cy kept trying to say that Qantaga shouldn't scan him.

-- I still think RMC is a wolf. I think it's very likely that Chaos is a wolf. I'm not sure on the third - but I am starting to lean towards the broken record.

-- I'd vote for Chaos or RMC today.
Sufficient I am to the day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Semaj wrote:yup
ya caught me
your trying awfully hard to make me sound evil.

Shame my actions when i wasnt ezmating the last week say otherwise.

Who else have you thought were evil? Were ANY of them actually evil?

I dunno theo, still bitter i had you pegged as evil and now that you think i might have a weakness trying to harp on it in the hopes of getting another villager killed?

Enlighten me, of all the people left(Listed below for ease of your obviously flawed reasoning), clearly 3 have to be wolves... why the hell would you try and single me out? UNless of course you think it might be your best bet to win, create reasonable doubt in case you die, so if it comes down to it, someone else would be willing to vote for me.

3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
15. Isgrimnur
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
20. Semaj

So as i sit here... yeah the last week and a half i have done much, however what I have done should speak as loudly as when i ezmated. I wanted to vote for wolves, i tried t get people on wolf trains before they themselves decided to. I talk about reasoning things out, about thinking before you act, not quick killing someone (who ended up good) on a weekend. If anything I have been the solid voice of reason for good... So because I am quiet, it means I am a wolf... hiding in plain sight...

Yups... I am not at a loss for just how phenomenally off you are. If you're not a wolf, you're obviously about to head people down the road to loss.

So seriously, since I know I am not a wolf:
1. Chaosraven
2. Theohall
3. msteelers
4. redrun
5. Chrisgrenard
6. Isgrimnur
7. RMC
8. Lagom Lite

we have a 37.5% chance of flat out guessing who is a wolf... randomly... if you can eliminate someone who isnt a wolf, it goes to ~43....

The rest of you, think long and hard, and if you can eliminate a name or two, this game becomes winnable.

But me, i'd look at voting patterns, who said what and check everything... You know.. if i wanted to win.
Well you can take LL off that list, as he has been proven as Mayor. But I don't know you are not a wolf, so I would put you back on the list. So it should be:

1. Chaosraven
2. Theohall
3. msteelers
4. redrun
5. Chrisgrenard
6. Isgrimnur
7. RMC
8. Semaj

Proven
1. LL - Mayor

Suspect of you to lump LL in with the possible wolf crowd.

I think we need to review that people who have been the quietest. I am no longer convinced that redrun is evil, in reflection Scoop and Stessier pointing out a third wolf seems a little unlikely.

I also think Theohall has been in front of everyone, and it just seems too risky to push for a lynch that ends up human if you are a wolf. Not totally unheard of, but just not likely.

msteelers seems honest and open to me, but in no way has convinced me that he is not a wolf.

Chaos has been on again off again, but again I am not sure of his innocence.

I am guessing my choice of wolves currently would be:
Semaj, Chrisgrenard, and ?????

They have both been flying under the radar, both have laid back for the most part or very noncommittal.

I will try to do more of an in depth review of both of them soon. No promises, as it is girl scout night. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

oh yeah, ll is the mayor... lmao

ah well

i guess thats a wolf slip, cuz no one else makes mistakes :roll:

and since I could care less... here lemme make it easy for you

Semaj 

We've lost, lets just end it now... I figure the wolves prolly have 1 witch with em, making 5 votes when they hop on this bandwagon and no i have no plans to remove it,... gg wolves.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And there you sit. For an hour so far.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

RMC

Post by RMC »

What's with the self pity self voting?

It make me want to lynch you more, not less.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 5

Post by Remus West »

Players:
2. Qantaga - eaten in the night
3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
8. tru1cy - lynched human
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
15. Isgrimnur
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
20. Semaj - Semaj

Majority is 5.

Semaj - 1 - Semaj
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

RMC wrote:What's with the self pity self voting?

It make me want to lynch you more, not less.
meh ive been not exactly having a joyous time (Not the game, its the last 2 weeks)... and so i've actually been filled with dread coming to the site recently and just not been showing up... I'm as much part of the problem as the solution this game so I'm eating one to end this monstrosity of self voting.

Hell I dont care who votes for me anymore, wolf, whatever, guys you WON now friggin signal each other and just vote all at once for your win...

i guess one of you isnt on right now or the game would be over...

worst part is, if I remove my vote, i'll get voted off anyways... so i guess I am hosed here... whee

BTW.... for the wolves, I'm pretty sure i was right, if only people listened to me... but i'll be taking a month or two month break after this...
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

msteelers 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lagom Lite wrote: msteelers 

Any reasons for this, or do you just want to give the wolves a chance to pile on that vote?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So either (a) there aren't four bad guys left, (b) the remaining bad guys aren't coordinated, or (c) there's at least one bad guy with a vote on him. That seem about right?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Although I will say seeing the Users Browsing: chaosraven and (1/2/3) guests is giving me fits...
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:ninja:
redrun

Post by redrun »

Isgrimnur wrote::ninja:
I guess I don't get this. For the past four weeks you've totally been coasting. No threat list, very limited discussion of play, nada help for the villagers. For the past couple of weeks, it's been "careful of your voting, it could be close!". Nothing else. Why was it suddenly important for you to show that you're watching and didn't jump on one of the possible votes?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Isgrimnur

[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day

Post by Isgrimnur »

It was simply a humorous jab at CR about the "guests". A fair number of WW players hide their online status in attempts to avoid metagaming. "I see him reading, why isn't he posting?" kinda stuff.

I haven't been voting because I haven't been sure of any further targets. We may be in a target rich environment, but we only have a limited number of misses available. Should I be trainhopping like a Depression-era hobo just because someone casts a vote? Or should I make informed decisions based on my thoughts?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And also, I've been on record in several other games and had suspicion thrust upon me because I don't like posting threat lists. If I had someone that I felt was a serious threat, there'd be a vote to follow.

And as for being helpful, as I recall I was in on the votes against both the wolves that were found, and rather early in both cases. I started the discussion early in the game about whether the psychic, if present, should reveal, and that garnered us a lot of data for the village. So forgive me if I take umbrage at your characterization that I haven't been helping the village by snowing this game under with page after page of ramblings.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Testy.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

msteelers wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote: msteelers 

Any reasons for this, or do you just want to give the wolves a chance to pile on that vote?
Blood-thirst. :twisted:
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chaosraven wrote:So either (a) there aren't four bad guys left, (b) the remaining bad guys aren't coordinated, or (c) there's at least one bad guy with a vote on him. That seem about right?
Doesn't seem right at all. [grund] (a) and (b) aren't mutex with (c) [/grund]

Also, there's (d) the bad guys are trying to seem uncoordinated, making us unsure of whether tru1cy was the Witch or not.

Of course, they should have been killing Qantaga anyway since they need to get rid of the trusted. I'm next, tonight.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

To heck with it. Lagomcide ftw.

withdraw msteelers 

RMC 

Is there anyone in hell?

RMC

Post by RMC »

Well.. I have made all my arguments. I am a villager. Kill me and lose the game. I however will not self vote.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Chaosraven wrote:So either (a) there aren't four bad guys left, (b) the remaining bad guys aren't coordinated, or (c) there's at least one bad guy with a vote on him. That seem about right?
When Semaj self voted and nobody jumped on I thought it meant that he was a wolf. But then Lagom voted for me and no bad guys followed that vote either. So I don't know how likely (c) is. I would probably pick (b) just based on all of the other actions in this game. (a) is possible as well, but if you look at the night kills I think it is unlikely. We can assume the witch was alive when Newcastle died, and rshetts2 came back clean after a now proven Qantaga scanned him, so the only other candidate for a lynched witch is tru1cy.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And based on his final posts, that just may be. It would also explain people sitting at n-4 without being voted off.
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

i fully expected to come back with the game over...

Withdraw Semaj 

Suggestions?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

How long did Semaj, msteelers, and RMC sit at 1 vote today?
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Semaj (selfvote) : Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 am until Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 pm

msteelers (LL): Wed May 04, 2011 12:00 pm until Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 pm

RMC (LL): Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 pm until Current
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, we can't sit around here afraid to vote for the next week. I can go with RMC.

RMC