[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

Post by Remus West »

Take 2:

POSSIBLE EVIL POWERS
  • Alpha Wolf – His lycanthropy is contagious. If someone survives being bitten by him they will become a werewolf themselves the following night. Fortunately, or not depending upon your point of view, after that first taste he will not be able to keep himself from consuming his prey so will only be able to convert a single player.
  • Berserker Wolf – His lupine fury is barely contained in the best of times. Under threat of death he will lose control and transform into his wolf form attacking and killing a player of his choice.
  • Beta Wolf – He still seeks a cure for his condition and thus inspects the dead to what clues they may offer as to why he attacked them. He may select one dead player each night to “scan”. His scan will reveal the player’s true role.
  • Gamma Wolf – Something tugs at his mind. He knows there is a presence out there just beyond his sight. Each night he searches for the source of that presence by scanning a player. If he scans the Sorcerer the Sorcerer will be given access to the wolf forum. If he scans the Seer the Seer will learn the identity of the Gamma wolf in place of his own scan. His scan will show only Sorcerer or Not Sorcerer.
  • Sorcerer – Evil Human. He thinks he can control the lycanthropic fury around him and thus increase his own power. In order to protect what he views as his future power he searches for those that would oppose it. Each night he may scan one player. The results of his scan will show only Seer or Not Seer.
  • Witch – Evil Human. Works with the werewolves to negate opposition. She begins with access to the wolf forum. Each night she may target a player to negate their special ability through the use of her magic. If the player has a special ability that they would use in any manner during the night then they will know they have been targeted by her. She may not target the same player twice during the game.
POSSIBLE GOOD POWERS
  • Seer – sensing the lupine presence the seer seeks to uncover the identity of the wolves. Each night he may scan one player. The results of his scan will show Human or Not Human.
  • Hunter – Has spent many years trapping and killing animals on his own in the wild. Each night he will set himself up to protect one of the villagers from any attack. He may also use his weapons to kill a single player during the day. If he uses his day power his identity will be revealed. He may not protect the same player two nights in a row. If he has used his day shot he will no longer be able to protect himself as the wolves will know to prepare for his tricks before attacking him.
  • Warrior – Just returned from war he just wants to be left in peace. Failing that he is determined to make those who disrupt it pay. If he is lynched he may choose a target to kill before he dies.
  • Masons – These “brothers” have been in their secret society long enough that they have seen each other during the full moons and know each of them is not a wolf. They will have their own secret location in which they can meet each night to discuss the situation. They may not use the location during the day for fear of revealing it. The number of masons will be based off the number of times the power is selected (t+1) being the final count.
  • Medium – She has an intricate knowledge of the “lives” of the dead. Once per game she may hold a public séance to receive a message from the beyond. This séance reveals her identity and allows a single dead player of her choice to make one post into the game thread.
  • Undertaker – In his role of corpse disposal he learns more than most people imagine. Once per night the Undertaker may scan a dead player and thus learn the true role of that player.
  • Psychic – His mental powers allow him to sense power in others. He will begin the game knowing which powers are in play – good and evil.
  • Coward – his first thoughts are for himself. He knows where to hide in the worst of times. These are the worst of times. He will survive the first time he is targeted at night but in doing so his hiding place will be revealed and he will no longer be safe at night. He will not know if he was targeted or not.
  • Guardian – He values the sanctity of life and thus spends his nights ensuring the safety of others. Each night he may protect a single player from attack. He may not protect himself nor may he protect the same player two nights in a row. This power will not be used if there is a Hunter.
  • Trapper – He has spent his life collecting pelts. He wouldn’t mind adding more. Once per game he may trap a player – killing them in the night. This will not reveal his identity. His attack will be blocked by the Hunter or Guardian.
  • Mentalist – His ability to speak to others minds unnerves some so he has kept it hidden. Facing this current evil he cannot afford to do this any longer. Each night he may contact a different player initiating PM contact with them for the duration of the night. All PMs MUST include the moderator so that I can archive them in the spoiler forum.
  • Mayor – Use to the ebb and flow of politics he can sway the crowd without them even being aware of it. Each day he may cast an extra vote with the moderator through PM. Due to the fickle nature of the public he may not change this vote once it has been cast each day.
MESSAGE FOR NONPOWERED GOOD:
You are a villager. Try and survive. Or don't. Up to you really.

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. Qantaga
3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
5. rshetts2
6. Scoop20906
7. Grundbegriff
8. tru1cy
9. lassr
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
13. Unagi
14. stessier
15. Isgrimnur
16. pr0ner
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
19. Lord Mortis
20. Semaj

With 19 20 players there will be four 5 wolves. The Sorcerer and Witch count as human and will be taken from the supply of villagers if needed. Once the wolves have been determined each player - including the wolves - will be given a 30% chance of having an ability.

Players will either receive a cut and paste of their role's ability or the villager message.

Night Order:
Witch curses
Mentalist begins his conversation
Protector declares his target
Seer scans
Beta and Undertaker scan
Wolves and Trapper attack - Alpha Converts
Sorcerer and Gamma scan
Last edited by Remus West on Thu May 05, 2011 12:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Not yet open for business

Post by Remus West »

PMs are out.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

In before the re-re-roll!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

Stepped in something... ew....
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

theohall wrote:Stepped in something... ew....
I think he found the poop deck. :D
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, I walked into the office, what did I see?
A well-shaped body with the back to me
Sittin in her chair with an all-white gown
She said (Tru1cy, won't you please lay down?)
She said that she wouldn't reveal her face
Till my hour was up and I was on my way
Now we got to the matter of why I came there
I said, "Doc, I keep havin these crazy nightmares"
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:PMs are out.
-- When will this fine shop open for business?
Sufficient I am to the day.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:PMs are out.
-- When will this fine shop open for business?

crickets...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

OMG truicy is the top poster in this thread so far, he must be a wolf! :shock:

:wink: :lol:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm kind of missing starting the game during the day like the Bond game now ... :coffee:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The wind whipped their coats to a frenzy as they walked through the dusk into the woods. A shadowy figure stood on a hilltop watching their progress. As the last one entered the edge of the woods the figured raised his arms to the sky and gestured. The wind seemed to answer his movements by increasing its attack on the tree line, chasing the 19 20 figures deeper into the wood. As they progressed through the woods they came to a bit of a clearing. Milling around in the still air of the deep wood clearing they pondered where to head next when a cowled figured stepped from the trees. At first they did not take notice of him standing with his arms folded into the sleeves of his robe and his hood covering his face. Then he began to talk. After they managed to get Scoop to stop screaming like a small girl child they were able to hear his woods.
".......and four 5 of you have I cursed with Lycanthropy. Doomed to destroy the others in the dark each night. This is your curse and my revenge."
Laughing the figure disappeared back into the depth of the wood silhouetted by the setting sun.

Night had fallen on the 19 20 travelers.

Alpha, will you convert?
Beta, who will you scan?
Gamma, who will you scan?
Sorcerer, who will you scan?
Witch, who will you curse?
Seer, who will you scan?
Hunter, who will you protect?
Undertaker, who will you scan?
Guardian, who will you protect?
Trapper, will you trap anyone and who?
Mentalist, will you contact anyone and who?
Wolves, who will you prey on?

Lynch will reveal Human or Wolf.
Remus West

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game ON!!!!! Night 0

Post by Remus West »

Night 0 has begun.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Good night Wesley. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
RMC

Post by RMC »

LordMortis wrote:Good night Wesley. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
Wolf, Wolf... He's a wolf!!! :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RMC wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Good night Wesley. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
Wolf, Wolf... He's a wolf!!! :)

He's revealed everything. He must be a wolf.

Humans know that it's Westley. Only lycans could make a mistake of that magnitude. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's a TARP!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:It's a TARP!
http://itsatrapdaily.tumblr.com/" target="_blank
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:, chasing the 19 20 figures deeper into the wood. ".......and four 5 of you
Night had fallen on the 19 20 travelers.
-- <grumble> Now I have to rework the odds for everything! :x
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Quick clarification: Are we actually in the modern day world living on a nature preserve? Because if so, I'd like to point out that the big twist is that we were all wolves all along, we just didn't know it.
I'm special!
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

<insert witty and mildy funny comment here to imply I am paying attention>
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Semaj wrote:<insert witty and mildy funny comment here to imply I am paying attention>
<Sends Semaj a cease and desist for infringing upon my previous post>
I'm special!
RMC

Post by RMC »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Semaj wrote:<insert witty and mildy funny comment here to imply I am paying attention>
<Sends Semaj a cease and desist for infringing upon my previous post>
Umm.. That implies that your post was witty and mildly funny.... hmmm.... :mrgreen:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Quick clarification: Are we actually in the modern day world living on a nature preserve? Because if so, I'd like to point out that the big twist is that we were all wolves all along, we just didn't know it.
You're just now figuring that out? I knew that in the sign up thread.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

/kill everyone in the Dalish camp

:ninja:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

Racist Danes. :)
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

theohall wrote:Racist Danes. :)
Reading is fundamental.

:P
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dang. I keep waking up and it's still dark outside...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lassr wrote:Dang. I keep waking up and it's still dark outside...
-- Well, if you waited until closer to morning to make your kill, maybe you'd be able to sleep until daylight - don't get up so early in the night next time. :)
redrun

Post by redrun »

Lagom Lite wrote:/kill everyone in the Dalish camp

"The Dalish Camp is found in the Brecilian Outskirts, led by their keeper Zathrian. They have some conflicts with their neighbours: the werewolves."
stessier

Post by stessier »

Bum bah dee da - bum bah dee da - bum bah dee da - bum.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Bum bah dee da - bum bah dee da - bum bah dee da - bum.

Happy Treeeeeeyyyyyyls to youuuu
Untilll we meet ageeeeeeeeen.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I was sitting here trying to figure out this reference until I googled it... has it really been so long since I played Dragon Age Origins that I had forgotten about that whole area? :?
I'm special!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

ChrisGrenard wrote:

I was sitting here trying to figure out this reference until I googled it... has it really been so long since I played Dragon Age Origins that I had forgotten about that whole area? :?
Siding with the werewolves to wipe out the snooty hippie elves was the high point of my playthrough.
Is there anyone in hell?

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

As night slowly descended upon the twenty trembling travelers they each wandered to a place in the woods where they thought they would find shelter. Under the canopy of trees and in the lee of rocks they bedded down for the night to get what sleep they could. Lycanthropy? Ha. What kind of fools did the weird figure take them for? There was no such thing. Yet some of them knew different. Some of them knew the truth of the shadowy figure's words. These prepared for the night in their own manner. As the sun set behind the trees and darkness overwhelmed the light the travelers huddled a little tighter in their makeshift shelters. When the first howls began to rend the night the travelers began to tremble in earnest. When they stopped it was worse. Nobody slept that night huddled in the dark, cold and in fear of their lives.

As the light gently began to return to the forest the travelers arose to face the new day. Grundbegriff was the first to find blood but they soon all saw it. There was a corpse, or at least the remains of what was once a corpse, strewn across the clearing. Blood splattered everywhere. Chaosraven let out a little high pitched squeal and bolted back the way they had come yesterday. His flight was followed by the paniced crowd. As they reached the edge of the forest they saw the shadowy figure sitting still in the air outside the edge of the forest. As they ran towards the clear, msteelers took a bit of a lead on the others. Hands waving in the air he slamed into the edge of the forest and bounced back. "Didn't I tell you this was my revenge? Did you honestly think I would let you flee my trap that easily? I will offer you a deal though. If you can find and eliminate the wolves I have planted amoung you sheep then I shall remove the barrier. Just so it is fair though, if they find and eliminate you I shall also remove the barrier and their curse. Your lives or theirs. One or the other is forfeit."

The figure's laughter chased them back deep into the woods. As they gathered around they began to debate.
rshetts2 kicked a tree. "I'm not killing anyone to satisfy some freaky robed figured twisted game."
RMC got right in his face. "If we want out of here do you have a better idea than winning this stupid thing?"
tru1cy stepped between them quickly. "If we are going to do this then lets do it as civilized as we can. 1 person 1 vote. Majority wins. Together we should be able to remove the wolves and get out of this place. When we do I'm for showing that robed idiot a bit of attention in return."
LordMortis cleared his throat catching everyone's attention. "Uh...thats all well and good, but are none of us even worried about who that body was? Don't you think we should figure out who was killed and maybe take a moment to remember them?"

Chastized the nineteen people did a quick roll call and realized Lassr was not with them. It was his corpse they had seen that morning. They all turned and looked to LordMortis.
"Uh, yeah, I guess we should say something......Lassr, he was a....he did....uh....I knew him a little...I guess."

RMC walked to the center of the group. "Lets remember him by finding these wolves quickly before they do much more damage. Lets get this voting thing started and get rid of these wolves."

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. Qantaga
3. Chaosraven
4. Theohall
5. rshetts2
6. Scoop20906
7. Grundbegriff
8. tru1cy
9. lassr - dead in the night
10. msteelers
11. redrun
12. Chrisgrenard
13. Unagi
14. stessier
15. Isgrimnur
16. pr0ner
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite
19. Lord Mortis
20. Semaj

Majority is 10.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:, if they find and eliminate you I shall also remove the barrier and their curse. Your lives or theirs. One or the other is forfeit."
-- So. either way it's human villagers walking out at the end? Cool. We win either way.
redrun

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 1

Post by redrun »

-- Let's start the discussion: Why Lassr?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Can the wolves turn a player and kill in the same night turn?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

After my "almost" win during the Bond game, I am highly insulted that I wasn't the first victim chosen by the baddies. I see I am still not receiving the respect I deserve. :x

Ok, so, Lassr is out. Well, at least I won't have to wonder what the heck he is up to this game. I can never read that guy.

Since we waited so long for this game to start, I'm ready to vote now.

Now, you'd think I'd vote Unagi since he blew the last game or I'd vote Stessier since he was the wolf last game and has it coming or I'd even vote Qantaga because he is most certainly DUE now however, I'm going to go another direction.

Accuse redrun 

My gut says we test him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I will bet thats more text than tru1cy posts the whole game.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:I will bet thats more text than tru1cy posts the whole game.
...and then he beats me to checkin. LOL
"Where are you off to?"