[WW] - The Fast Action! Room - Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: [WW] - The Fast Action! Room - It is Day

Post by bb2112 »

Nominate Semaj 

Lynch 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I have been on the lynch LM train all game and the only one that has even said lynch Semaj was Remus. That and LM's impassioned cry to "lynch me now, don't wait until you go home" speech has me convinced. As I said, if I'm wrong, then he is Kaiser Sose.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Why didn't you lynch me yesterday? I don't want to responsible for the loss. I've had bb2112 pegged since the beginning but I'm almost always wrong.

If I choose to save, we know it's not me as I've given up sure shot but I've also committed bb2112 to the lynch and it will be my fault if we lose.

I am not Kaiser Sose. I'm not even Kaiser Roll With It.

I really think you're evil bb2112. I also know that I can't be trusted with the power of the guess. So going on the assumption that I am always wrong. Wince...

semaj 

stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow - guess renaming the game actually worked!

Sadly, I am leaving a supplier right now and won't have time to complete the game until I get home - in about 6 hours. :twisted:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:Why didn't you lynch me yesterday? I don't want to responsible for the loss. I've had bb2112 pegged since the beginning but I'm almost always wrong.

If I choose to save, we know it's not me as I've given up sure shot but I've also committed bb2112 to the lynch and it will be my fault if we lose.

I am not Kaiser Sose. I'm not even Kaiser Roll With It.

I really think you're evil bb2112. I also know that I can't be trusted with the power of the guess. So going on the assumption that I am always wrong. Wince...

semaj 

Hehehe, I guess we are going to have to wait to find out.
stessier

Re: [WW] - The Waiting Room - bb2112 Nominated

Post by stessier »

Semaj has been nominated for a very tight necktie. What say the Village?

Save or Lynch?

3 votes are all that is needed for a result.

And the Village says:
  • bb2112 - Lynch (1)
  • LordMortis - Lynch (2)/list]

No votes:
    1. Semaj
    Final Tally - Save (0) v Lynch (2)

Semaj has been Lynched and is a Wolf

Thanks everyone for playing!

What did people think of the voting dynamic? If we ever use it again, I would suggest:
    1. Nominate and a Second required
      • I did not anticipate one person being able to control the day by constantly nominating people before someone else had a chance
    2. The Nominate and Second lock your vote as lynch
      • Feel it gives people "skin in the game" and would keep people from throwing things our willy nilly. At the limit, this is only a little more draconian than the current method non-nominated method (imo).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Re: [WW] - The Fast Action! Room - Game Over!

Post by Remus West »

I refuse to comment on any of the mechanics until you post the full results. You evil bastard. :wink:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:I refuse to comment on any of the mechanics until you post the full results. You evil bastard. :wink:
That wasn't intentional! The hazard of quote and paste. Fixed!
stessier

Post by stessier »

And so future generations don't have to read the whole thread to see who was who:
  1. Newcastle
  2. Remus West
  3. bb2112
  4. RMC - Seer (Scoop, LM (night when eaten)
  5. Semaj - Wolf
  6. Qantaga
  7. tru1cy - Wolf
  8. Scoop
  9. Chaosraven
  10. Lord Mortis
Last edited by stessier on Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Now that I know....I liked the mechanics.

I'd also like to thank Semaj for killing me since I would have targetted bb2112.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'd like to thank my instincts and knowing that they can't be trusted.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Man.. I was so hosed. First time playing Seer, and having a wolf come out claiming seer...at first I was going to see if I could scan the other one, but then I would have to convince everyone that I was a seer, and that Tru1cy was not..When I had not claimed seer... Gah..

So how would others have played that?

Ignore everyone Tru1cy would nominate from that point forward, and try to get a wolf in my nightly scan..Which I was wrong on anyway... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:I refuse to comment on any of the mechanics until you post the full results. You evil bastard. :wink:
Thanks Stessier, that was a lot of fun. I also will wait to comment on the game mechanics after the full results.

I wanted it noted - See, I was the deputy!

I was pretty convinced it was Semaj after CR turned out to be a stupid villager unwilling to defend himself or help the village. :tjg: LM's plea to kill him now, and Remus's actually rereading threads and analyzing data had me thinking they were both human. It also helped that Semaj picked Remus for his last kill, since Remus was the only one that named Semaj as a potential wolf earlier. I was afraid you guys were going to lynch me today. I know I was way too active in my first game and painted a big target on myself. What is worse, I was wrong in all my other rants. LM, CR and RMC. Doh! :grund: We got lucky when Tru1cy outed himself.

Hey LM, who would have thought we would be the last 2 left? Much less working together to lynch the last wolf. Your George Castanza approach worked! :D
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Yo bb - I almost never squirm at the end of that rope (n-1) unless I have an ability/power. Vociferously defending oneself looks bad and rarely convinces those with heavy suspicions.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Stessier, I liked the game mechanic. I think the second would help though. At first it was frustrating to move the game forward due to the locking of everything down for voting if the people just kept getting nominated, but I think after a little while, the village started to figure out how to handle it.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

bb2112 wrote:Hey LM, who would have thought we would be the last 2 left?
I very much saw us as two of the last three or four left and you being able to easily get me lynched on the final day which is why I thought you were wolf. You had too good of a layout to keep you innocently alive to the end while going "I told you so" against me for things I can't control.

That said, my instincts are always wrong...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:Yo bb - I almost never squirm at the end of that rope (n-1) unless I have an ability/power. Vociferously defending oneself looks bad and rarely convinces those with heavy suspicions.
You are probably right, it wouldn't change their minds entirely if they are bound and determined to see you swing, but twice this game we did see people change their minds, or at least their votes. Once with me, and once with LM. You don't have to change everyone's mind, just the couple that are sitting on the fence. Now I could have just as easily been a wolf crying human, but apparently I was convincing enough that I made it to the end and stopped the very bad result that would have happened if I didn't make such an impassioned plea. Remus was suggesting we lynch Semaj right before we lynched you and I probably would have changed my mind if you would have put up any kind of a sensible argument. And before you write it "Dude, I'm not a wolf" is not an argument. :D

But seriously, what do I know. This was my first game.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Hey LM, who would have thought we would be the last 2 left?
I very much saw us as two of the last three or four left and you being able to easily get me lynched on the final day which is why I thought you were wolf. You had too good of a layout to keep you innocently alive to the end while going "I told you so" against me for things I can't control.

That said, my instincts are always wrong...
It isn't paranoia if they are really out to get you, and I have to admit I was definitely out to get you in the beginning. But you convinced me.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:Man.. I was so hosed. First time playing Seer, and having a wolf come out claiming seer...at first I was going to see if I could scan the other one, but then I would have to convince everyone that I was a seer, and that Tru1cy was not..When I had not claimed seer... Gah..

So how would others have played that?

Ignore everyone Tru1cy would nominate from that point forward, and try to get a wolf in my nightly scan..Which I was wrong on anyway... :)
Personally I was glad you came out to burn Tru1cy. If you didn't, I'm not sure if I would have believed you later. Plus, I think we were dangerously off track in our thinking and if you didn't pull the trigger to help us get our first wolf, we might have lost.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112, you say it was luck that tru1cy burned himself, but did you notice I had pushed for his lynch from the start of that day?

RMC, you should feel good that you came forward. Catching tru1cy like that (and I agree they would have come after you that night when tru1cy named you as human) essentially doubled your "scans". You were able to give us certainty on tru1cy and Scoop. Had we forced you out by running you up a lynch then you would only have been able to give us Scoop. The Seer's job is to out wolves AND clear Humans. You did both.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I really didnt like the nomination dynamic. Sure it's different; but first allowed 1 person to spam up their choices, therefore controlling the debate so to speak; yeah you could have a second, but I dont think it would change the dynamic too much. I also dont like that it focuses on 1 person exclusively and if they survive it gives them an immunity. I really prefer being able to vote your case, I think that provides more dynamics....sppread the wealth so to speak. i also think you get more information if you have multiple trains/lynch votes running simultaneously...I think it provides clear choices of X vs. Y rather than X vs everyone else (as in the nomination). Also, if one has immunity, really lessens the impact of people's reasoning and attempts at convincing others to vote for someone.

Would I play it again? Most likely, since i am a WW addict...but I dont think i'd enjoy it nearly as much as the other iterations.

Sorry to be critical Stessier, I do appreciate your running it though.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Maybe I had a different feeling for the "immunity" since I had it the first day. Being in that situation allowed me to aggressively question people's motives for voting on me. I couldn't see any reason to save anyone on the first day with no information to go on so I went after those who thought differently than I did. Of course, I like being able to stir it up.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:bb2112, you say it was luck that tru1cy burned himself, but did you notice I had pushed for his lynch from the start of that day?

RMC, you should feel good that you came forward. Catching tru1cy like that (and I agree they would have come after you that night when tru1cy named you as human) essentially doubled your "scans". You were able to give us certainty on tru1cy and Scoop. Had we forced you out by running you up a lynch then you would only have been able to give us Scoop. The Seer's job is to out wolves AND clear Humans. You did both.
Yes, you were pushing for him, however, after he came out as seer, everyone would have backed off. The luck comes in that he happened to just pick the real seer thus ending any debate before it began on who the real seer was.

Ok, your instincts were off on Qantaga (and me, but I guess you didn't follow through with your threat to lynch so I will give you kudos there), but you did a good job on Tru1cy and Semaj. You sir, do deserve a lot of credit.

To all future wolves - notice how prescient Remus is. You really don't want to leave him alive until late in the game. :D
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Well, if you dont have immunity you have to be careful with what you say and how you say it...granted you have to do that all game long....but games change on a day by day basis. So you can do nothing for the rest of day or you can question, you have no reason to do anything at all.

Without the immunity, trains can start on one person flip multiple times then come back to the original person if folks want. If we were down to our last shot and we "saved" a wolf, then they slipped later on in the day, we'd not be able to vote em down right?

I also dont like how the discussion centers around 1 person to the exclusivity of other people and makes people choose over 1 person right then and there.

I guess I just prefer the free choices available and being able to make an argument for anyone at anytime.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Regular ww calls for a nomination and second, followed by an Everyone must vote yea or nay. I think the Seconding is important, but being the Nominator or Seconder should not be considered a vote to Lynch, as it allows you to observe others interaction. On a forum, we don't have that Immediate vote. You could do it by PM (everyone PM the mod), and then hash out what happened in discussion before Seconding any speed Nominations. It is a very different game thatn what we are used to with Forum WW.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And bb, one of the things this game is about is behavior. Had I been a wolf or seer, I would have clamored to stay alive. Watching peoples reactions (geez he's awful defensive for being at N-3) and what they don't say is sometimes just as important as what they do (why won't Remus respond to that?). What we do here echoes in eternity (tru1cy is very quiet, remus is aggressive, unagi is a poopoo head, and Grund will fill five days with the War and Peace of WW text).
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Sorry about being so absent...
Between losing mah job and now being hopped up on painkillers hwile I try to get a tooth pulled I haven't exactly been normal semaj...

I wasn't really sure whom to off the last night... I felt there was enough of a doubt with BB and LM I could play the "I'm clearly being framed" card with BB... but I wasn't able to get on before I was dead.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Semaj wrote:Sorry about being so absent...
Between losing mah job and now being hopped up on painkillers hwile I try to get a tooth pulled I haven't exactly been normal semaj...

I wasn't really sure whom to off the last night... I felt there was enough of a doubt with BB and LM I could play the "I'm clearly being framed" card with BB... but I wasn't able to get on before I was dead.
When you offed Remus, I was pretty sure it was you. He was the only one that hinted that you should be put to the test and LM and I were going at it all game long so it would be good to keep us alive and fighting each other. From my standpoint, if you were the wolf, then Remus was probably the most logicial villager to kill. If LM was the wolf I'm sure I would have been dead in the night. If you were eaten in the night, then I was going to throw up Remus for the vote. Even if you would have offed LM, I would have been less sure, but I would have still put you up for the vote. My only worry was if someone put me up for the vote first, I am pretty sure we would have lost. LM never met a person he didn't want to lynch. :wink:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:Maybe I had a different feeling for the "immunity" since I had it the first day. Being in that situation allowed me to aggressively question people's motives for voting on me. I couldn't see any reason to save anyone on the first day with no information to go on so I went after those who thought differently than I did. Of course, I like being able to stir it up.

However, your "aggressively questioning people's motives" was incredibly flawed.

Look at the vote:
stessier wrote: 6 votes are all that is needed for a result.

And the Village says:
  • Newcastle - Lynch (1)
  • Qantaga - Save (1)
  • Scoop - Save (2)
  • Newcastle - Save (3)
    Chaos - Lynch (1)
  • RMC - Save (4)
  • bb2112 - Save (5)
  • Chaos - Save (6)

Not a single wolf among those that voted to save you. They didn't even vote at all.

Your venom and lack of gratitude was directed primarily at those (me especially) who were completely innocent and looking out for the good of the village. We didn't buy into the the "any kill is a good kill on day 1" theory. We were honestly trying to find a wolf. We saved you and got attacked for it.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

stessier wrote:What did people think of the voting dynamic? If we ever use it again, I would suggest:
  1. Nominate and a Second required
    • I did not anticipate one person being able to control the day by constantly nominating people before someone else had a chance
  2. The Nominate and Second lock your vote as lynch
    • Feel it gives people "skin in the game" and would keep people from throwing things our willy nilly. At the limit, this is only a little more draconian than the current method non-nominated method (imo).
[/list]

stessier,

I liked the twist on the voting dynamics. I do like your suggestions that a Nomination would require a Second and would be treated (and locked) as a lynch vote.

As a further suggestion, I would also like to see each person only be able to make one nomination per game day.

I was frustrated to be killed (without even being able to post because of a long drive and out of town workday), just because LM had control of the nomination process due to nothing more than him having easier board access and people (bb2112 and RMC in particular) just being tired of cycling through candidates.

Overall, though, I enjoyed my short time in the game and I enjoyed following its development.

Thank you for hosting!

Congrats to the good guys for killing the pesky wolves!
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Oh, and, after re-reading my post commenting to Remus (two above), I realize that it may come across as containing rancor. It does not. I realize that we all do the best we can in these games. My impressions were purely clinical based on the events of the game at that moment (and, of course, my interpretation of those moments).

While it's hard to convey on a message board, my "tone of voice" was not critical, but observational.

:wub:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:
stessier,

I liked the twist on the voting dynamics. I do like your suggestions that a Nomination would require a Second and would be treated (and locked) as a lynch vote.

As a further suggestion, I would also like to see each person only be able to make one nomination per game day.

I was frustrated to be killed (without even being able to post because of a long drive and out of town workday), just because LM had control of the nomination process due to nothing more than him having easier board access and people (bb2112 and RMC in particular) just being tired of cycling through candidates.

Overall, though, I enjoyed my short time in the game and I enjoyed following its development.

Thank you for hosting!

Congrats to the good guys for killing the pesky wolves!
I think that is a great idea. One nomination by a player per day. And yes, I was frustrated. Sorry again Q.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah... I jumped on you Q simply because I did not realize we could all pass on everyone... Not sure why I missed that.. And I did not want to be exposed with nothing to offer as seer...

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My attacking those who saved me led to you (Qantaga in particular) led to tru1cy casting the final vote without allowing Q to comment which cemented my going after him on the next day. Sometimes you get lucky with the attack and actually target a bad guy but watching who reacts and how they change their views is equally as interesting to me.