Just a warning to new users of the Wolf Forum

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

LordMortis

Just a warning to new users of the Wolf Forum

Post by LordMortis »

I didn't realize part of the registration process was opting out of ads until after I already mistakenly gave an ad my cell phone number. That proceeded to spam me. No big deal, right. I opted out of the spam and never heard from them again. However I got $9.99 surcharge on my phone bill this month for the spam message.

So this is just a warning that you should probably give when you invite new people into that forum.
Lassr

Re: Just a warning to new users of the Wolf Forum

Post by Lassr »

I've also had a few of the ads that run at the top to trigger my anti-virus protection.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow, sorry about that LM!

When I signed up many moons ago, there were no ads. We should probably make a point to add that warning to each new game.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Wow, sorry about that LM!

When I signed up many moons ago, there were no ads. We should probably make a point to add that warning to each new game.

Theoretically it's not a problem. Sprint said they took care of it and I just need to wait for my bill to update.