BSG VII -Sabotage -Game Over-Minor Victory-Humans

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: BSG VII -Sabotage -Game Over

Post by Unagi »

Semaj wrote:
Unagi wrote:The one thing I get from the spoiler forum:

my god, you people really hate me. yow, the Unagi disgust is palpable.
i'm pretty sure I beat you on that one.
Well yeah, but. :wink:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

They were talking about unagicide images...

For me there is a straight out: He dies next few games.

And whats sad is I thought i was actually trying to participate more his game once my tooth wasnt an issue. Sure I hold off on my votes, but I mean I actually tried to comment and participate and not be the giant sloth of suffering I was last game.

As such I apologise for sucking the life out of this game
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well you saved your Grundverbose and Chaosraving until later. I mean, it's not like you were tru1cy/pr0ner level activity ;)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:
Semaj wrote:

Wait. Hate for Semaj and Unagi?

You two are part of the conquering heroes. You're like Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd. Lagom is like Jason Terry. You've got the trophy and the admiration of millions.

Me, on the other hand, I'm like that James kid who made it all the way to the finals, then choked away the championship round. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Semaj wrote:

unagi - i dont hate you, i dont hate anyone involved in these games. Yes i was snarky in my comments; but i dont mean anything personal by it. Its more of a game critique, and your "game persona" that i was critiquing within that game.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Semaj wrote:They were talking about unagicide images...

For me there is a straight out: He dies next few games.

And whats sad is I thought i was actually trying to participate more his game once my tooth wasnt an issue. Sure I hold off on my votes, but I mean I actually tried to comment and participate and not be the giant sloth of suffering I was last game.

As such I apologise for sucking the life out of this game
Semaj - dude dont take what i say personally, seriously. Its more of a peanut gallery full of snark more than anything else. Nothing personal is meant by it. However, do look at how many times you mention that you are hungover or drunk when commenting; maybe its overblown, but it does give the impression that you imbibe frequently. There were times in that game where a bit more than "i cant post due to x" would have been appreciated, and i am sure would have blunted the comments you see in the spoiler boards.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Home from work and all caught up.

Nice work, humans. Congrats!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Blah blah blah. Enough. When's the next game?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

bb2112 wrote:What floored me was how many people (including me) missed his "Athena is hotter than Boomer" and I wish "Xena would visit me in the night" comments. :doh:

After reading all the threads, I think Msteelers and Grund were the only 2 that picked up on it. If there was an award for best post, I think that one would win hands down.
To be perfectly honest, I completely missed that connection as well. I've never seen a single episode, so I kind of glossed over any reference to the show. It wasn't until after someone pointed at this quote in the game thread, and a subsequent look back through the roles, that I realized what it meant. To be fair to scoop, he was practically begging to be scanned with his other posts, and that one was an overt "I'm Galen" that nobody picked up on. That doesn't mean he wanted to be a cylon though. Athena scanned first, so she had first dibs on him.

Good game everyone. Qantaga, no need to apologize about voting for me, considering I told you to do it. :wink: I think the cylons worked together well, and we almost pulled it out despite having all of the specials outed very early. My sedation of theo was a panic move. The day started way quicker than I expected, so I just sent the order in. For some reason I was thinking that theo would be silenced until the following daybreak, and that would allow us to kill him before he could say anything. Almost as soon as I sent the order, it donned on me that he could speak as soon as it became night, which forced us to sacrifice scoop. I'm still not sure whether or not using the sedation+shot was worth it.

My other big problem with this game was that my work schedule changed, and I was mostly absent through the second half of the game. I hated having all of the big events happen while I was unable to post, and felt like I went from being on top of my game to a detriment to my team. Because of that, this will probably be my last game for awhile.

Great ruleset Lassr! The tweak to the Doc role, and working on Zarek, should really balance it out.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I admit to only skimming most of the spoiler forum, but I didn't think it was disgust - more frustration. For me it was like rewatching the ending to a horror movie but from the other side. I knew you were going to choose poorly - it was pre-ordained. I hated it and knew there was no one who could change the script. It was about the situation and not at all personal. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I don't hate you, Unagi. I was cheering for you the entire time. :twisted:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi: the fact that you're a skilled and entertaining player is the reason people feel strongly, and find themselves polarized, concerning your actual, possible, or imagined actions.
Unagi

Re: BSG VII -Sabotage -Game Over-Minor Victory-Humans

Post by Unagi »

I appreciate all the 'buck-ups', there just seems to be a little genuine animosity in the air over there, and I guess I just wish these games didn't include that.
Doubly so, I wish I wasn't the catalyst for it, to a number of people... but, such is life.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Semaj wrote:

Wait. Hate for Semaj and Unagi?

You two are part of the conquering heroes. You're like Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd. Lagom is like Jason Terry. You've got the trophy and the admiration of millions.

Me, on the other hand, I'm like that James kid who made it all the way to the finals, then choked away the championship round. :)
So you're saying they are boring. Check. ;) National Boring Assocation