This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: Star Wars WW Starting Next - Sign Up Open

Post by Chaosraven »

Let the Clone Wars begImage
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hey, thanks BB. I'm In please.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chaosraven wrote:Let the Clone Wars begImage
Yes, please.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sure, I'll join this one, since I've been stalking the games enough, and Star Wars is cool.

I mean, comical phrase that incorporates the word "in."
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo.... That is going to be fun to type... El Guapo... I like it... Now use it in a sentence..

El Guapo is a wolf... see how fun that was to type???
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm never the traitor in games with the mechanic. I assume it's because fate knows that I'm such a nice guy.

But then...the traitors *are* the good guys in this game. What will fate do? I guess Mara Jade would make the most sense, then.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:Sure, I'll join this one, since I've been stalking the games enough, and Star Wars is cool.

El Guapo, good to have you IN the game, I was hoping you would join.

I'm a big fan of your BSG skills, and I've been following your game pretty closely. Even though things are looking kind of grim, I'm still hoping you guys will find a way to pull it out.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Sure, I'll join this one, since I've been stalking the games enough, and Star Wars is cool.

I'm a big fan of your BSG skills, and I've been following your game pretty closely. Even though things are looking kind of grim, I'm still hoping you guys will find a way to pull it out.
:evil:
 bb2112 

Stupid little fairy.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

:evil:
 bb2112 

Stupid little fairy.
I'm hoping that our plight has melted your robotic heart. There is good in you, I can sense it!
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I'm out for this one due to time constraints. But I'll be watching. The Sith is watching. :coffee:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:El Guapo.... That is going to be fun to type... El Guapo... I like it... Now use it in a sentence..

El Guapo is a wolf... see how fun that was to type???
No, it is El Gaupo is "Rebel Scum" not a wolf. A wolf in space would be just silly.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:Stupid little fairy.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If you are short people and don't care about me being absent for over a week beginning this weekend then you can throw me in. If you get enough people or my absence is a problem you should probably pass me by.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I still haven't had a chance to read the rules, but 13 other people can't all be wrong, right?

In.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

Rules?? Already complete and intact rules??? I thought we weren't supposed to read them until the game is 2 or 3 days old. ;) Or would that be parsecs?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:If you are short people and don't care about me being absent for over a week beginning this weekend then you can throw me in. If you get enough people or my absence is a problem you should probably pass me by.
You are in. I expect participation to be low next week due to the holiday anyway.

Currently we are at 14.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

theohall wrote:Rules?? Already complete and intact rules??? I thought we weren't supposed to read them until the game is 2 or 3 days old. ;) Or would that be parsecs?
What's the fun in reading the rules?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The rulez are strong with this one.

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Rules are there? What know you of rules? For sixteen thousand posts have I read Rulz. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be lynched. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the EBG, to the R&P. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

RMC

Post by RMC »

The good guys have the dark side...Just sayin...
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote:Rules are there? What know you of rules? For sixteen thousand posts have I read Rulz. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be lynched. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the EBG, to the R&P. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.
Nice! :lol:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

LordMortis wrote:
theohall wrote:Rules?? Already complete and intact rules??? I thought we weren't supposed to read them until the game is 2 or 3 days old. ;) Or would that be parsecs?
Why is it when I say this, people drink haterade? :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I was trying to be funny but I have a massive headache, so this is the best that I could do:
I
.:wub:.
Fishpants!
(Check out our new tables!!!)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Semaj wrote:Why is it when I say this, people drink haterade? :)
They don't react this way to me until half way through day one and then they don't really drink it, they sort of spew it, like pea soup from an sweet and innocent little girl confronted by catholic priest.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:I was trying to be funny but I have a massive headache, so this is the best that I could do:
I
.:wub:.
Fishpants!
(Check out our new tables!!!)

Neat. One day I will learn how to use them. One day. Not today.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Saying it 5 days before the game versus on the 5th game day may have something to do with it.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Semaj wrote:
LordMortis wrote:

The haterade isn't so bad, it's when they bring out the large can of whoopass is when you should start to worry.

Didn't you make it to the last 3 in the short game ran by Stessier? That's 2 games in a row you were in the finals, just view all the haterade as jealousy. Apparently your posts keep people off their game enough that you don't get lynched during the day or killed in the night.

So are you in Semaj?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Nah, the amount of hate on the spoiler forums leads me to believe i should.. like.. not play...until...hrm... we get a new group who dont know me?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Semaj wrote:Nah, the amount of hate on the spoiler forums leads me to believe i should.. like.. not play...until...hrm... we get a new group who dont know me?
Dude we all love you now... You won the last game!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Player Name Status
UnagiIN
8-)

Seriously a great addition to the forum. Great to have those added.

Gotta find a way to put some space between the columns.... hmmm... maybe another column....
Player Name ... Status
UnagiIN
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote:
Semaj wrote:Why is it when I say this, people drink haterade? :)
They don't react this way to me until half way through day one and then they don't really drink it, they sort of spew it, like pea soup from an sweet and innocent little girl confronted by catholic priest.
Speaking Of Witch, have you all seen that Dirt Devil commercial ?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Semaj wrote:Nah, the amount of hate on the spoiler forums leads me to believe i should.. like.. not play...until...hrm... we get a new group who dont know me?

hate can be explained as jealousy of your insane skills at saving the day! C'mon semaj...play!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Why not.

In.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:

hate can be explained as jealousy of your insane skills at saving the day! C'mon semaj...play!
Indeed! We need patsies suckers skilled players on which to pin our night kills! :ninja: :mrgreen:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

fine... i need a few day 1 deaths :)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hooray! Let's kill th' hatahs first!
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

although since it doesnt sound official

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

I would love to be Imagevolved with this one.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Start Announcement and Rules Update

This weekend is a holiday weekend, but since we are close to our 20 player target, the game will start on Saturday. I understand a lot of players will not be around, but that is ok. So we will get off to a slow start, but I guess I would rather get the game started than wait until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. 1st days seem to take some time anyway.

I also have been going back and forth on setting a time limit for the game days. It seemed to me in the cylon game, having the game time limits really helped the game move forward in the beginning, however, later in the game it seemed more of a hinderance since players were waiting until the time nearly elapsed before making decisions. After much agonizing, this is what I came up with:

Day 1 - Due to the holiday it will go July 2nd to a maximum of July 13th 9PM EST
Day 2 - Will last a maximum of 9 days. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Day 3 Forward - Number of players = number of days not to exceed 7. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday

These are maximums and days can be cut short by players reaching N by their votes. Hopefully this will strike a good balance, but if not, then we can tweak in future games.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Sure, why not. In!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."