Star Wars WW - Game Over - Rebel Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Star Wars WW - Game Over - Rebel Victory

Post by Newcastle »

its funny if you look at that lynch list of scoop, first train...i dont think there are any rebels on it.

The other thing though...is why should someone be eager to lynch the 1st person? I kind of see what you are saying remus, but at the same time...its just "chance" really. At that time everyone, well most, were flying blind. Maybe some didnt want to lynch him. Hence i still think scoop got steamrolled for being scoop more than any tactical deductions. I mean in other games trains do stall out close to the lynch...some due to lack of hunches.

Again, fun game while i was in it. Oh one post...still has me laughing each time i see it....see....we rebels knew what was about to happen...R2 had just used his 3 vote on CR....and we get this beauty! See I knew that CR was in the midst of reading through the posts, gathering data, compiling lists, cross checking them, making sub lists of alternative lists...when this struck......

viewtopic.php?p=1730935#p1730935" target="_blank
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Voting is closed

We have gone into night.

Will update soon. :D
:shock:

WTF????
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:I kept wondering how Remus would not look suspicious after claiming my Tarkin role and then not being the night kill. I think the fact that they also let El Guapo live helped and made it look like they were eliminating specials they had found that had not been outed. I think if they had killed El Guapo but let Remus live it would have raised a huge red flag.

Everyone kept wanting to believe that Remus could be Mara Jade but could never fully committed to it. Yeah, what where the odds, someone asked. Well 100% in this game. Eliminate everything that is impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, is possible.
Well, it's not like there weren't plausible alternatives for Remus living. There's: (1) killing un-outed specials via the scanner; (2) killing more random people in order to be sure to avoid the protector; (3) not killing Remus in order to raise suspicion of Remus, hoping to trigger a lynch of imperial Remus eventually. Not to mention the wild card that is that we don't know the rebel decision making process - who is making the calls. For all we know it could be whimsy.

I never trusted Remus like I trusted Unagi, but Remus' posts generally stayed rational, he participated reasonably in the rebel lynches. As long as those were the case, he seemed less suspicious than, say, KK.

In any event, I'm not sure voting for Remus instead of KK would've really made a difference in the end. Once the mob turned on Remus he would've assassinated someone. After that's done we still are one miss away from losing, and odds are we would've lynched KK before lynching both remaining rebels.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Semaj wrote:uhg....

I had theo...

Remus was confusing the piss out of me :)

BTW how the hell does the empire has a chance in hell of winning this?
Don't lynch the Emperor the first day before he can scan the guy who spent the entire first day hinting he was Mara Jade?
what were some of your hints? just curious. I didnt pick up on any of em actually, though grund might have...i thought you were a special but that was more from your tone than anything. You felt provable. Was funny you were pretty close to being killed that night, unagi also, before we settled in on stessier.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

funny thing in this game was I was trying to get some targets painted on my head to make me look lynchable so the rebels would not kill me at night, from reading their forum it would seem that my play drew their attention thinking I had a provable role that I could use to bail myself out which was not the case. :doh:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Thanks for running the game, bb. I had fun.

I'd say that the Vader kill and Lando's power kind of offset things and make a good balance. The Mara conversion is an idea I like. I think one fewer rebels or something to offset the power like a turn clock before she's off limits to conversion...
I like the conversion too, it adds another desparate element to the game, but maybe take away her shot. Having her convert then having a shot on top of that can drastically change the odds.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Semaj wrote:uhg....

I had theo...

Remus was confusing the piss out of me :)

BTW how the hell does the empire has a chance in hell of winning this?
Don't lynch the Emperor the first day before he can scan the guy who spent the entire first day hinting he was Mara Jade?
what were some of your hints? just curious. I didnt pick up on any of em actually, though grund might have...i thought you were a special but that was more from your tone than anything. You felt provable. Was funny you were pretty close to being killed that night, unagi also, before we settled in on stessier.
go back to Day One and look for how 'confused' he was.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:- Unagi, what did you see to force choke a poor droid? Thankfully, it came after I was powerless, but a big tip of the cap to you on IDing me.
Ultimately, I knew that Star Wars was a story of the redemption of Darth Vader / Anakin... So, I tried to think of the one thing that I was in most need of redemption on - and acted on it.

Actually, I just had this feeling, from your votes, posts, and play -- that you were a wolf. I also really didn't feel like trying to discribe to everyone why/how - and I knew that my previous wiff on you would only make things worse. So, I basically decided to take action myself, on the one Rebel I thought no one else was going to lynch.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus: I'm torn ... I'm torn which way to go
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Remus: I'm torn ... I'm torn which way to go
Yep. Basically I said things like that a lot and made comments about being able to go "either way" on things.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
Yep. Basically I said things like that a lot and made comments about being able to go "either way" on things.
I just thought that meant you were bi-curious
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

At least now I don't need to bother learning the correct spelling of Kinectikid.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:At least now I don't need to bother learning the correct spelling of Kinectikid.
He hasn't even picked up the message that he is dead. :doh:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I just thought that meant you were bi-curious
Only for you and since I know you're married it's a hopeless case. :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:At least now I don't need to bother learning the correct spelling of Kinectikid.
This game had issues when he vanished for *days* at a time, especially since he's pulled that stunt in both games I've played with him.

Honestly, if he signs up for another game I want to play, I'm going to back out.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

pr0ner wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
This game had issues when he vanished for *days* at a time, especially since he's pulled that stunt in both games I've played with him.

Honestly, if he signs up for another game I want to play, I'm going to back out.
i think the best way would be for the wolves or villagers to simply make him lynch #1 or night snack #1. Easiest way to deal with it.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

i think the best way would be for the wolves or villagers to simply make him lynch #1 or night snack #1. Easiest way to deal with it.
I think a better way is to confront the issue head on. Tell him before the next game starts that he wants to play, that if he doesn't participate he will be removed from the game, and will not be allowed to play in any future games. Also, limit his first game back to a small vanilla game. See if he can handle that first so he doesn't screw up a large epic game if things go horribly wrong.

I believe in being up front with people and letting them choose their own consequences.
theohall

Re: Re: Star Wars WW - Game Over - Rebel Victory

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

The flaw with this is one side losing a possible powered player simply because said player seems incapable of maintaining a commitment to actually play.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote:The flaw with this is one side losing a possible powered player simply because said player seems incapable of maintaining a commitment to actually play.
Yes, that is the flaw. With either making him the first automatic kill, or with actually letting him play again period. If he gets a role, he can really screw up a game. Even if he doesn't get a role, he screws up the balance when there is dead weight on a team.

We have 3 choices, and none of them are great.

1. Ban him right now, and there is certainly an argument for that
2. Aviod playing in games where he shows up, which can make things difficult because I think Pr0ner is not alone in his sentiments
3. Limit him in his next game back to a small, throw away game. Everyone playing will be informed about KK's past disappearances and that he may do it again. KK will be informed that he has to step up if he really wants to play in these games or he will be banned.

In the mean time, my vote is to not let him play in the Princess Bride game, or any other large game where he can screw things up for a lot of people.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:
theohall wrote:The flaw with this is one side losing a possible powered player simply because said player seems incapable of maintaining a commitment to actually play.
Yes, that is the flaw. With either making him the first automatic kill, or with actually letting him play again period. If he gets a role, he can really screw up a game. Even if he doesn't get a role, he screws up the balance when there is dead weight on a team.

We have 3 choices, and none of them are great.

1. Ban him right now, and there is certainly an argument for that
2. Aviod playing in games where he shows up, which can make things difficult because I think Pr0ner is not alone in his sentiments
3. Limit him in his next game back to a small, throw away game. Everyone playing will be informed about KK's past disappearances and that he may do it again. KK will be informed that he has to step up if he really wants to play in these games or he will be banned.

In the mean time, my vote is to not let him play in the Princess Bride game, or any other large game where he can screw things up for a lot of people.
or do not assign him a role and then make him the sacrificial lamb at night that gets the game going. So in essence it would be like the games where we start in the day after the death of a non-playing villager at night except in this case the non-playing villager is played by Kinetickid.

in fact I think we should start every game like that (if it is a game that starts during the day cycle). Just have KK be the night death whether he signs up or not.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I think the odds of him signing up for a game are about as likely as his activity, it requires active prodding.
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:I think the odds of him signing up for a game are about as likely as his activity, it requires active prodding.
nevertheless, I still like this idea as a joke:
I think we should begin every daytime starting game with the death of KK that morning.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh I approve of him being WWs version of Clue's 'Mr Body'.
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Wasn't that the way we originally started most game?
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

With an odd number of players. Even starts at Night Zero.
"Where are you off to?"

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:
Qantaga wrote:- Unagi, what did you see to force choke a poor droid? Thankfully, it came after I was powerless, but a big tip of the cap to you on IDing me.
Ultimately, I knew that Star Wars was a story of the redemption of Darth Vader / Anakin... So, I tried to think of the one thing that I was in most need of redemption on - and acted on it.

Actually, I just had this feeling, from your votes, posts, and play -- that you were a wolf. I also really didn't feel like trying to discribe to everyone why/how - and I knew that my previous wiff on you would only make things worse. So, I basically decided to take action myself, on the one Rebel I thought no one else was going to lynch.

That was excellent on your part. It took me by complete surprise. I saw bb2112's writeup and I thought it was a shot/strangle on Newcastle. It took about three read-throughs to realize that you had killed me. :)

Congrats!
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:
That was excellent on your part. It took me by complete surprise. I saw bb2112's writeup and I thought it was a shot/strangle on Newcastle. It took about three read-throughs to realize that you had killed me. :)

Congrats!
Ditto, that was awesome. Did not see it coming.

I also thought, what if you killed RMC instead of Q? It would have negated Lando's ability. That would have been really cool since you were after both hard core at that point in the game.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Another interesting point was when I chose Newcastle to scan. I thought of scanning KK or Grund as well, but I basically figured that I should scan someone who was being at least semi active (as well as suspicious), as that had more upside. Either we nail a rebel, or at the very least we would get an active proven (proven to me, at least). Whereas if I scan a quiet person and hit an imperial, then that's only marginally helpful.

Good that I hit Newcastle, but if I hit Grund that would've been huge (he was in fact Luke, right?). At least I didn't scan KK.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote: Good that I hit Newcastle, but if I hit Grund that would've been huge (he was in fact Luke, right?). At least I didn't scan KK.

Yes, Grund was Luke. That too would have been huge. The Imperials played a great game. I was very impressed with your skill El Guapo. Hope to see you in some future games. :D
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote: I was very impressed with your skill El Guapo. Hope to see you in some future games. :D

Me, too.

El Guapo, get over to the Princess Bride game and sign up! :D
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

So the good guys won? Or, er, I mean the bad guys? And Grund was Luke? Interesting juxtapositions. :)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

It was just like Beggar's Canyon back home.