That's not nice.
Semaj

Re: Star Wars WW - Day 6

Post by Semaj »

HE LIVES!

*waits for the boom*
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

No boom forthcoming. I'm just a Guard.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm convinced.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:I'm mostly confused right now. pr0ner was nothing. Just a simple guard. I also do not like that my two top active suspects are expressing a willingness to vote for Grund.

That's OK because I'm still not convinced that you're not mara. I just don't see the point in pushing that idea when there are probably three other rebels out there and if I'm wrong then we win or lose before ever having to worry about it. But what it does say is that I hold no stock in you as any sort of directional leader and take your findings with a grain of salt.

Anyhoo, I think we've had enough check in so I'm happy with

Grund 

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And by mara I mean a converted mara if that's not implied enough.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm not planning on voting this weekend. I'm fine with Grund, though in some ways the unanimity is a little unsettling, and in any event I'd like to see a little more discussion first.

I'm not expecting any more discussion from Grund, but in case he does come back: Grund, who are your top 3 suspects?
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I believe Grund is at 4 currently. Let's see if he rips someone's arm off.
 Grundbegriff 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grund 

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I think that's 6 or 7.

Good luck, guys.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I feel like I've been had. :(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:I feel like I've been had. :(

Why?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

If grund was an imperial, this is all going to hell in a handbasket. I really don't think he was.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Voting is Closed - Write Up to Follow

Vote Day 6

3 Tru1cy --------------- > Grundbegriff
4 Remus West ---------> Grundbegriff
7 Mr. Bubbles ----------> Grundbegriff
8 Theohall ---------------> Grundbegriff
11 Coopasonic -----------> Grundbegriff
12 El Guapo -------------->
13 Lord Mortis -----------> Grundbegriff
17 Semaj ----------------->
18 Kenetickid ------------>
20 Isgrimnur ------------->
21 Grundbegriff --------->

Dead:
1. Chaosraven - Imperial - Day 1 Lynch
2. Stessier - Imperial - Night 1 Kill
3. Scoop20906 - Rebel - Day 2 Lynch
4. Lassr - Imperial - Night 2 Kill
5. Qantaga - Rebel - Day 3 Choked by Vader
6. Newcastle - Rebel - Day 3 Lynch
7. Triggercut - Imperial - Night 4 Kill
8. Pr0ner - Imperial - Night 5 Kill
9. RMC - Rebel - Day 5 Lynch
10. Unagi - Imperial - Night 5 Kill

Grundbegriff 6 <------------- Coopasonic, Theohall, Tru1cy, Lord Mortis, Remus West, Mr. Bubbles

Dead Tally - 6 Imperials, 4 Rebels

Players Remaining 11
Majority is 6
Deadline: Monday August 8, 9PM EST
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff was sitting in the corner pretty much ignoring the goings on around him. As was usual. The group tried to pull him out of his melancholy by ignoring him, joking with him, and finally, by threatening him.

Today, everyone finally came to the conclusion, nothing was going to work. The depressed Grund had to be eliminated. If he was not going to help the cause and find Rebels, then either he has to be one, or an Imperial liability.

El Guapo counted the votes again, but he didn't have to, he knew the outcome even before he did it. In his mind though, he still had to uphold the rules of law, so he went through with the motions half heartedly. "Yep, we are at 6 votes. Grundbegriff is the weakest link."

Tru1cy pulls out a blaster, "I've been waiting days for this. Any last words before I blow your head off?" he asks Grund.

Grund perks up a little, "Yeah, that isn't nice."

"What?! That's it?" asks an incredulous El Guapo. "After days and days of silence that is all we get?!" El Guapo grabs the gun from Tru1cy and shoots Grundbegriff in the face before anyone can react.

Isgrimnur says, "Well, that was a little impetuous. Now we don't know if he was a Rebel or an Imperial."

Kenetickid comes out of the kitchen with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Yes, they have those in the Galaxy Far Far Away too. In his other hand he is holding a milk carton. "Guys," he says with a mouth full, "Dith anyone reath this milk carthon with the picthure of Grunth on ith?"

Coopasonic grabs it from Kenetickid, "What does it say?" After a few seconds he looks up at everyone in the room with surprise, "It says, Have you seen this Rebel? He has been missing since the first week of July. Grundbegriff was a Rebel!"

Grundbegriff is DEAD and he was a REBEL

It is now Night 6.

Turn Order:

Night: Events happen in turn order
Boba Fett: Who will you protect (once per game)? If successful, you get a free scan the next day.
Grand Admiral Thrawn: Who is worthy of your protection tonight?
Grand Moff Tarkin: Who of the deceased will you scan to learn their true identity?
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?
Rebels: Who will you kill?
Jabba the Hutt: Did you help lynch Solo? If so, then you get a free scan. You will be notified by PM from the moderator.
Emperor: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Luke Skywalker: Who will you scan for Vader or Mara?
Vader: Who will you scan for Luke?
Rukh: Who will you scan for Thrawn?
Obi Wan Kenobi: Who of the deceased will you scan to learn their true identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?

Anytime:
Rukh: If you have identified Thrawn, you may interrupt any kill on Thrawn and sacrifice yourself instead.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
coopasonic

Re: Star Wars WW - Night 6

Post by coopasonic »

8-)
Guapo abstained actively.
Semaj posted when the votes were coming in but didn't join in.

Nothing from Isgrimnur or KK at all.
Grundbegriff 6 <------------- Coopasonic, Theohall, Tru1cy, Lord Mortis, Remus West, Mr. Bubbles
Several suspects on the grund vote and in particular Bubbles with the kill vote.

Just commentary at this time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

BOO - YAH!!!!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
theohall

Post by theohall »

Somebody please check the rest of the milk cartons. If they have missing Rebels pictures and names on them, we have been wasting a ton of time.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:

Why?
Due to my thinking on Bubbles and the speed he cast the kill vote after I put Grund and n-1 I figured it was a sure miss. Although in thinking about it later I realized that would only have been our 2nd miss anyway.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I wasn't sure myself, but had a reasonable suspicion. Grund just wasn't himself, but I think the next vote will be important. This next one I am less sure about
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I assume no one was surprised he was a rebel.

However, before one gets all up in Semaj's face:
at the time of his posting:
Remus spoke of doubts due to his top suspects voting for grund
grund had literally just posted and Semaj truly expected a splosion (which means its probably bubbles or kene)
Semaj decided to see who would and wouldn't vote to help his bad-guy-o-meter cause.
So I really expected a discussion if he didnt explode.

then Semaj went to meet with some friends, then went to work, then got home well after voting had been closed.

Ah well, I wasn't surprised grund was a rebel, I was more surprised he didn't splode.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sweet!

Right now I'd say KK is my main suspect. Semaj to a lesser degree. Bubbles is still there, though casting the killing vote on Grund obviously helps to a considerable degree.

Wonder what role Grund was? Seems highly likely that he wasn't Chewie, since he was on after the votes started to pile on, and did not go wookie. That leaves Luke, Obi-Wan, Talon Karrde, and Yoda. The semi-randomness of the kills seems to make Talon Karrde unlikely, though possible.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:Wonder what role Grund was? Seems highly likely that he wasn't Chewie, since he was on after the votes started to pile on, and did not go wookie. That leaves Luke, Obi-Wan, Talon Karrde, and Yoda. The semi-randomness of the kills seems to make Talon Karrde unlikely, though possible.
I'd put money on Luke. Stay alive as long as possible to find mara.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I wonder who bites it tonight? My guess is most likely Remus; after that probably me. But who knows - the rebels have surprised us before.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:I wonder who bites it tonight? My guess is most likely Remus; after that probably me. But who knows - the rebels have surprised us before.
I put money on you but then I never would have guessed pr0ner before and after that I never would have guessed that pr0ner was a red shirt. That makes zero sense to me. All in all, it suggests Remus is rebellion or being framed. But why would you actively point to Remus being rebellion? The empire still doesn't go after him until our back is completely against the wall. If he's not rebellion, we win. If he is, then turn by turn he becomes more suspicious and a decision gets made at the end.

So I also put my money on allowing remus to until the end to keep doubt in the air but then to this point it sounds like I'm the only one with any seed of doubt in his claims, so what do I know?

No matter how it works, I'm utterly impressed at the nigh on perfect game so far and how this nearly perfect game still leaves going in to day 7 at a probable 2 to 3 rebels out of 10 or, more simply put, the starting game for a nine to ten player game.

And while we're at it, my intent is to go after Bubbles tomorrow. I've not forgot the vote on and off against him or post deletion. And yeah, I have put my trust in Unagi among other things.

Also moving up my personal list is Izzy primarily for trying to feel out KK before grund.

So that puts me at

Bubbles
Semaj
KK
Izzy

In that order with slowly Izzy moving up the ladder and kk going back and forth with Semaj due to his dead weightiness.

I also am uncomfortable with utterly non confrontational Theo has been.

With a side of no trust at all for Remus

In short I'm not much help because after that I have to wonder what it is that Tru1cy and Coop are doing to escape my attention, especially when I felt coop was so evil when chaosraven went down.

And that takes me back to not 2nd guessing myself when it looked very much like and RMC, Grund, Bubbles triad of not helping going on...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

The next morning you all gather around the table. Coopasonic looks at all the bleary faces and is the first to come to the realization. There is someone missing. “Tru1cy, he isn’t here.” The others didn’t even have to hear the rest of the sentence. As soon as they heard Tru1cy they knew what the rest was going to be.

“Well let’s see what we find this time,” announces El Guapo.

After a quick search, Remus West yells out, “He is back here!” Everyone troops back to the Emperor’s private bedroom and finds Tru1cy’s body looking peaceful, curled up on the floor. “I looked for any markings to let us know how he died, but I can’t find any. It looks like he just died in his sleep.”

“He must have been poisoned,” Isgrimnur declares. “Look, there is a cup next to him on the floor.”

Tru1cy is DEAD
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:
El Guapo wrote:I wonder who bites it tonight? My guess is most likely Remus; after that probably me. But who knows - the rebels have surprised us before.
I put money on you but then I never would have guessed pr0ner before and after that I never would have guessed that pr0ner was a red shirt. That makes zero sense to me. All in all, it suggests Remus is rebellion or being framed.
Why does this suggest that Remus is rebellion or being framed?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vote Day 7

4 Remus West --------->
7 Mr. Bubbles ---------->
8 Theohall --------------->
11 Coopasonic ----------->
13 Lord Mortis ----------->

Dead:
1. Chaosraven - Imperial - Day 1 Lynch
2. Stessier - Imperial - Night 1 Kill
3. Scoop20906 - Rebel - Day 2 Lynch
4. Lassr - Imperial - Night 2 Kill
5. Qantaga - Rebel - Day 3 Choked by Vader
6. Newcastle - Rebel - Day 3 Lynch
7. Triggercut - Imperial - Night 4 Kill
8. Pr0ner - Imperial - Night 5 Kill
9. RMC - Rebel - Day 5 Lynch
10. Unagi - Imperial - Night 5 Kill
11. Grundbegriff - Rebel - Day 6 Lynch
12. Tru1cy - Imperial - Night 6 Kill

Dead Tally - 7 Imperials, 5 Rebels

Players Remaining 9
Majority is 5
Deadline: Monday August 8, 9PM EST
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
I put money on you but then I never would have guessed pr0ner before and after that I never would have guessed that pr0ner was a red shirt. That makes zero sense to me. All in all, it suggests Remus is rebellion or being framed.
I think he is saying "why the hell aren't they taking Remus out." He's the only known with a useful power.

Speak of useful powers, Remus, who was Grund?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

And the baffling choices continue. Tru1cy's interesting because: (1) while he'd fallen considerably on my suspect list, he wasn't out of the woods; takes away a possible suspect, as opposed to taking away a proven; and (2) he's said that he's just an imperial guard, though it's possible he was just saying that to avoid drawing rebel attention.

Anywho, like I said right now KK's at the top of my list, though I should do some re-reading this evening.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Killing pr0ner over Unagi or you makes no sense at all unless pr0ner had a reason to be killed.
Remus coming back and saying pr0ner was a red shirt establishes the senselessness of this hardcore.

Then from my perspective, which is going to mean nothing to anyone else except for seeds of me being guilty, is Remus telling me that I thought Qantaga was R2 and then coming back to tell us that Qantaga was R2.

But all of that said, it still seems tactically unsound to go after Remus for lynching who will still feed you information every day. For the most part you accept the difficulty level of the game and leave it at that, especially when you can be pretty confident you're still looking for two more rebels by the three misses suggestion.
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars WW - Day 7

Post by El Guapo »

It's also possible that the rebels are worried that Thrawn's out there (or Boba Fett, to a lesser degree). If you go after one of the big proven (or semi-proven) targets, you have a significant chance of being blocked if Thrawn's active. But the chances of Thrawn protecting Tru1cy last night or Pr0ner the night that he was killed were virtually zero.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote:I think he is saying "why the hell aren't they taking Remus out." He's the only known with a useful power.

Speak of useful powers, Remus, who was Grund?
Actually I'm saying I believe I understand why the hell they aren't taking Remus out and why I don't see him as the probable one over Guap. And it's because there is mathematical outside chance Remus could be converted Mara and situationally I see Remus with growing doubt that we are powerless to substantiate and I think the rebels will capitalize on this.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I don't know why, but I think when everything is revealed I'm going to kick myself. I think we're being had people.
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote:It's also possible that the rebels are worried that Thrawn's out there (or Boba Fett, to a lesser degree). If you go after one of the big proven (or semi-proven) targets, you have a significant chance of being blocked if Thrawn's active. But the chances of Thrawn protecting Tru1cy last night or Pr0ner the night that he was killed were virtually zero.
Only then they killed Unagi the next night anyway. The odds of protecting coop or theo or Izzy whom aren't anyone's were virtually zero. Why change you plan today?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I don't know why, but I think when everything is revealed I'm going to kick myself. I think we're being had people.
Would you like to add anything to this, or is this just a vague feeling of unease?
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holy shit. When did I miss the Tru1cy is dead thing?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote:
El Guapo wrote:It's also possible that the rebels are worried that Thrawn's out there (or Boba Fett, to a lesser degree). If you go after one of the big proven (or semi-proven) targets, you have a significant chance of being blocked if Thrawn's active. But the chances of Thrawn protecting Tru1cy last night or Pr0ner the night that he was killed were virtually zero.
Only then they killed Unagi the next night anyway. The odds of protecting coop or theo or Izzy whom aren't anyone's were virtually zero. Why change you plan today?
The conspiracy theory would then be that they have Talon Karrde, and so that pr0ner wasn't really unpowered then, and possibly that tru1cy wasn't either.

It just seems like Occam's Razor that Remus is imperial when he was 100% proven imperial on day 3 and hasn't done anything suspicious since. He put Grund at n-1...why do that if he's now a rebel Mara Jade? Also no random shooting of an imperial yet, so there's not even any indication that Mara and/or Luke is in the game.

In any event I'm not sure that there's any point in debating this now when we're agreed that we're not going to lynch on it today in any event.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Maybe they are concerned about a night protector changing the balance of the game. That's crazy.

Anyhoo, I'm happy to launch the first salvo. And amongst my earlier thoughts I forgot the really important the claim of knowing things about the game and then not knowing things.  Bubbles 

If consensus move to KK then I'll go that way.

Aside from that I'll be mostly steady unless the vote starts to go until Friday. (I'm not a fan of big active week end playing)

The even numbers make it interesting, needing to get a consensus of six.