Star Wars WW - Game Over - Rebel Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Star Wars WW - Day 7

Post by El Guapo »

Don't worry Isgrimnur, from now on I'll give you a pat on the back every time that you join a successful lynch.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'd ask for a cookie, but that wouldn't help me in the weight loss thread. :(
It's almost as if people are the problem.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

As you all become used to your predicament, you notice that each passing day goes by a little quicker. This one didn't seem like it took long at all. The choice was obvious though, Kenetickid had to go. For days now he would be gone for important votes, or just sat silently as the arguments raged on around him.

"I'm not sure if this guy is an idiot, or just brain dead," Coopasonic stated flatly. "Some of you guys may be in favor of voting Mr. Bubbles, but in good conscious, I can't stand to see this guy moping around for another day."

El Guapo chimed in, "Absolutely. Like he had the nerve to comment on Grund's picture being on the milk carton. Dude has done nothing but waste oxygen and eat all the Fruity Pebbles. For that alone, I want to shove him out an airlock."

"That bastard ate all the Fruity Pebbles?!" Remus West asked in shock. "That's it, he has to go!" Remus then pulls out a blaster and shoots Kenetickid in the face. He then looks over at El Guapo, "Uh, my vote does make five right?" El Guapo nodded. "Oh good." Remus then goes over plugs the body again with another couple of shots. "Dumb sonofabitch. Eat all the Fruity Pebbles." He then notices a piece of paper sticking out of Kenetickid's back pocket. He pulls it out and starts reading it to the group.

"Dear Juanita,

I think I killed the Emperor a few days back. I'm not completely sure, it was all so confusing. It still is. As one loyal to the Empire, I can't get over what I might have done. I am so depressed. If I was less of a coward, I would take out my blaster and blow my own head off, but I can't even find the energy to do that. Hopefully this group of homicidal nutjobs puts me out of my misery soon. I can't take it any more. This game of life is too demanding. Somebody please please kill me!

Signed, Kenetickid"

Remus crumples up the letter, "Damn, Kenetickid was loyal to the Empire."
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I will say that Izzy has voted for KK in the past consistently so that's not damning to me, except his rationale never saw him damning Grund. What is damning is his distinct lack of voting otherwise except for on the RMC train, a joke vote on Newcastle and his throw away vote on trig. The irony being he wanted to go after kk for non participation while talking and not voting.

http://octopusoverlords.com/forum/searc ... rimnur&fid" target="_blank[]=16

The problem with this is that Izzy is also normally silent (in the two games I've played with him). Does he normally non factor into voting?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

:doh:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Bah! I guess that was apathetic disaffected rebel rather than Empire.

The bastard did eat all of the Fruity Pebbles, though.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

bb2112 wrote: Mr. Bubbles 2 <------------ Lord Mortis, Thoehall
Kenetickid 5 <------------- Coopasonic, El Guapo, Mr. Bubbles, Isgrimnur, Remus West
I'm not even sure there has to be a rebel on this train, but I think Bubbles, Isgrimur and I lose points and Mortis gains points. Ten minutes ago I wasn't so sure about Mortis. I feel better now and am looking back at Bubbles again. ugh.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Re: Star Wars WW - Night 7

Post by LordMortis »

And as usual, my intent tomorrow is to vote Bubbles. I'd accept Izzy at this point, of which my conclusion came independently from Remus'. I am most definitely not following his lead (aside from the lead of suggesting we reread day 1).
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

It is now Night 7.

Turn Order:

Night: Events happen in turn order
Boba Fett: Who will you protect (once per game)? If successful, you get a free scan the next day.
Grand Admiral Thrawn: Who is worthy of your protection tonight?
Grand Moff Tarkin: Who of the deceased will you scan to learn their true identity?
Han Solo: Will you initiate a block? If so on who?
Rebels: Who will you kill?
Jabba the Hutt: Did you help lynch Solo? If so, then you get a free scan. You will be notified by PM from the moderator.
Emperor: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Luke Skywalker: Who will you scan for Vader or Mara?
Vader: Who will you scan for Luke?
Rukh: Who will you scan for Thrawn?
Obi Wan Kenobi: Who of the deceased will you scan to learn their true identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?

Anytime:
Rukh: If you have identified Thrawn, you may interrupt any kill on Thrawn and sacrifice yourself instead.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote:
bb2112 wrote: Mr. Bubbles 2 <------------ Lord Mortis, Thoehall
Kenetickid 5 <------------- Coopasonic, El Guapo, Mr. Bubbles, Isgrimnur, Remus West
I'm not even sure there has to be a rebel on this train, but I think Bubbles, Isgrimur and I lose points and Mortis gains points. Ten minutes ago I wasn't so sure about Mortis. I feel better now and am looking back at Bubbles again. ugh.

Don't feel better about me. I'd have been willing to vote for kk and he was second choice right up until rereading day one. I'd have been really easy to vote for him tomorrow and could have voted for him in stand off today.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fine, I'll wait and feel better about you when Bubbles comes back Rebel, since you've been leading that train for 3+ days now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's two misses. We'll be down to seven players tomorrow. We've got 1-3 rebels left based on CR's Page 1 math. Vader and Lando RMC kind of offset each other in terms of power advantage.

So it's about 1/3 that we're up against the deadline with tomorrow's lynch. Time to make sure you know who your target is and why.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'll come up Imperial, just pay attention to who ran me up the pole, because those who shall go unnamed LordMortis, I would go after.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I'll come up Imperial, just pay attention to who ran me up the pole, because those who shall go unnamed LordMortis, I would go after.
You haven't reread day 1 yet have you? Go back and do that. He may very well be misguided regarding you (doubt it) but I'm willing to bet he is not Rebel.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

All the more reason why you were a better target for today. As it goes, I fear tomorrow may be over before it begun. If there are two of you left, why do you leave Guap and Remus alive?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:I'll come up Imperial, just pay attention to who ran me up the pole, because those who shall go unnamed LordMortis, I would go after.
You haven't reread day 1 yet have you? Go back and do that. He may very well be misguided regarding you (doubt it) but I'm willing to bet he is not Rebel.
I'm really curious to know why you're confident in me. That was part really why I reread day one, which oddly enough is what made me come to the Izzy conclusion. So thank you, if Izzy is a rebel.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Woah is the future where you and LM lead us to our doom. You hear me Remus. You will rue the day you killed me!!!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's "woe" is the future. Unless you look like this:

Black Lives Matter.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Woah is the future where you and LM lead us to our doom. You hear me Remus. You will rue the day you killed me!!!
Nice convenient vote in the middle hiding in plain sight letting the Imperials finish off one of their one for you. Yes, you are next, but I am fairly certain it will not happen at night.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Anywho, that bites. I still think the logic behind the KK lynch makes sense, but I guess the reality is that KK just wasn't interested in actually playing the game, so only stopped by (after day 1, anyhow) when the lynch target was 100% certain. Oh well.

This does give Isgrimnur suspect points. Of course, he wasn't showing up on my rebeldar before, and the KK lynch was logical, so I'm not sure it's worth a lot of points. This is where I'd like to have my intern work on this...there's 46 pages of posts to go through at this point. Though I think I may be able to do this more easily with the search function...maybe I'll play around with that this evening.

So now I guess Semaj and Bubbles would be probably tier 1 suspects, followed by Isgrimnur in tier 2, and then maybe Mortis and theohall in tier 3. Need to do some re-reading though.

Or maybe wait until I see if I live through the night before doing that. :) Though being effectively de-powered and participating in a wrong-target train might lead me to live.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Nice convenient vote in the middle hiding in plain sight letting the Imperials finish off one of their one for you. Yes, you are next, but I am fairly certain it will not happen at night.
Only a fool would off me when you could have other imperials finish off one of their own. Of course this is always the trick with the game, to know when to take someone at their word or ignore it. I say ignore it at your own peril theo, for the day of reckoning is at hand
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I'm really curious to know why you're confident in me. That was part really why I reread day one, which oddly enough is what made me come to the Izzy conclusion. So thank you, if Izzy is a rebel.
I'm confident in you due to some comments you made regarding yourself, myself, and tru1cy on that day.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

o...k....
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

El Guapo wrote:Anywho, that bites. I still think the logic behind the KK lynch makes sense, but I guess the reality is that KK just wasn't interested in actually playing the game, so only stopped by (after day 1, anyhow) when the lynch target was 100% certain. Oh well.

This does give Isgrimnur suspect points. Of course, he wasn't showing up on my rebeldar before, and the KK lynch was logical, so I'm not sure it's worth a lot of points. This is where I'd like to have my intern work on this...there's 46 pages of posts to go through at this point. Though I think I may be able to do this more easily with the search function...maybe I'll play around with that this evening.

So now I guess Semaj and Bubbles would be probably tier 1 suspects, followed by Isgrimnur in tier 2, and then maybe Mortis and theohall in tier 3. Need to do some re-reading though.

Or maybe wait until I see if I live through the night before doing that. :) Though being effectively de-powered and participating in a wrong-target train might lead me to live.
A vote semaj is a vote for losing...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's a catchy campaign slogan. Who should I vote for if I want to vote for winning?
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I'm confident in you due to some comments you made regarding yourself, myself, and tru1cy on that day.

Gotcha. Oddly enough those comments back and forth actually made me believeish in tru1cy and I don't know why.
theohall

Re: Re: Star Wars WW - Night 7

Post by theohall »

El Guapo wrote:That's a catchy campaign slogan. Who should I vote for if I want to vote for winning?
A vote for Mr Bubbles is free bubble baths for all true Imperials.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

You all gather around the table and look around. There are so few of you now, it is very easy to see that Lord Mortis is missing.

Semaj, looking around dejectedly, “I guess we better go find him.”

“Yeah,” says Coopasonic, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

A short time later Thoehall calls out, “I found him.” You all pile into the bathroom and see Lord Mortis lying beside the toilet. Water is everywhere. “He was drowned. What kind of sick mind would drown someone in a toilet!” Theohall exclaimed with frustration.

“Someone that is very deranged,” says Remus.

You gather up the body and take it to the cooler.

Lord Mortis is DEAD
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars WW - Day 8

Post by bb2112 »

Vote Day 8

4 Remus West --------->
7 Mr. Bubbles ---------->
8 Theohall --------------->
11 Coopasonic ----------->
12 El Guapo -------------->
17 Semaj ----------------->
20 Isgrimnur ------------->

Dead:
1. Chaosraven - Imperial - Day 1 Lynch
2. Stessier - Imperial - Night 1 Kill
3. Scoop20906 - Rebel - Day 2 Lynch
4. Lassr - Imperial - Night 2 Kill
5. Qantaga - Rebel - Day 3 Choked by Vader
6. Newcastle - Rebel - Day 3 Lynch
7. Triggercut - Imperial - Night 4 Kill
8. Pr0ner - Imperial - Night 5 Kill
9. RMC - Rebel - Day 5 Lynch
10. Unagi - Imperial - Night 5 Kill
11. Grundbegriff - Rebel - Day 6 Lynch
12. Tru1cy - Imperial - Night 6 Kill
13. Kenetickid - Imperial - Day 7 Lynch
14. Lord Mortis - Imperial - Night 7 Kill

Dead Tally - 9 Imperials, 5 Rebels

Players Remaining 7
Majority is 4
Deadline: Monday August 8, 9PM EST
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles 

Grundbegriff was Luke.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Mortis is another odd choice, especially since he was far from above doubt - that gives us more information.

Does make me wonder: did they pick him with the idea of making an imperial look bad? I guess that would mean Bubbles since he was the one most immediately feuding with Mortis. I don't know if that's credible, but I can't think of another good reason to pick Mortis.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I swear whoever is the rebel here I will salute them. What a sick sense of humor to frame me for LM, further ensuring that I am the one being lynched today. Just remember when this game is over and I am vindicated I will dedicate my life to hunting you down in future games until I get my revenge. I swear it will be done!
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I swear whoever is the rebel here I will salute them. What a sick sense of humor to frame me for LM, further ensuring that I am the one being lynched today. Just remember when this game is over and I am vindicated I will dedicate my life to hunting you down in future games until I get my revenge. I swear it will be done!
Words are wind, dead man. :P
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Trust no one!
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

sigh, ok, if you guys prmise not to voe anyone off while I am napping, Ill try to do the semaj massive re-read.

I suggest we all do it.

What I would recommend looking for: 'Slip ups', 'people who disappear for odd periods, people who didnt contribute anything (Prolly digging my own grave with this list) and people who just bother you.

When you do this, imagine everything you currently know might be wrong (other than who is good and who is bad). IE unknowns are exactly that, unknown.

SO hold yer votes... Majority is 4, and if they have 3, i bad vote - curtains (if they have 2 or 1, not so much)

4 Remus West --------->

Sidenote: LM's big 2 were Isgrimnur and BUbbles...

Here is the list as I read it:

4 Remus West --------->

These guys are trusteds, right? :)

I know I am empire, all other empire have their doubts

between 1-3 Rebels in this pile.

more in the am... :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

While the remaining seven survivors are discussing what is going to happen today over their morning coffee, Semaj emits an agonized groan and gets a glazed look in his eyes. You all watch in horror as his head thunks down hard on the table. Coopasonic rushes over and checks Semaj for a pulse. After a couple of seconds he slowly looks up. "I think we are screwed. Semaj is dead."

Remus stands up and pulls out his blaster, Theohall and Isgrimnur follow suit. Remus then announces, "I think for the first time you are starting to really grasp the situation. You are screwed, but not as bad as you could be. If it wasn't for Obi Wan here, or Theohall as you know him, I would shoot the remaining three of you in the face right now. Feel lucky you survived."

Theohall cleared his throat, "Uh, thank you Remus. The Rebel Alliance would not have been able to achieve this victory as swiftly without your," he clears his throat again, "obvious talents." Remus merely nods in acknowledgement to Theohall.

“I think it is time for us to have a talk,” announced Theohall, "but we might as well introduce ourselves first. As Remus mentioned, I'm Obi Wan Kenobi, Remus is Mara Jade, also known as the Emperor's hand, and over there is Isgrimnur. Or as we know him, Talon Karrde. It is now time for this farce to end. After several days of unsuccessful attempts to reach the Rebel Fleet with my communicator, I was finally able to get through this morning. It seems while we have been stuck out here, the rest of the galaxy has been very busy. The core worlds have seceded from the Empire, taking thousands of rim worlds with them. The Imperial fleets have either been defeated by the Rebel Alliance, or are fleeing in panic without direction or leadership.”

“Furthermore, over the course of the last week, many of the men who could have rallied the Empire from its current state, have been eliminated here on this ship. Among the dead are the Emperor, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Count Dooku, and Grand Admiral Thrawn. Gentlemen, in short, the Empire is finished. You are now in the precarious position of being under arrest by the Rebel Alliance. A ship has been dispatched to rescue us and will take you into custody, where you will each stand trial for your various war crimes.”

A blaster bolt is heard to go off and Mr. Bubbles head snaps with back with a smoldering scorch mark right in the middle of his forehead. He slumps, then slowly topples to the floor with a surprised look on his face. All eyes in the room turn to Remus and her smoking blaster. "I know what you are all thinking. Just because I've been wanting to do that before we even arrived on this ship has nothing to do with anything. Well... maybe a little. Check his hands." Isgrimnur goes over and checks Mr. Bubbles hands, and sure enough, there was a small blaster he must have pulled out of somewhere.

"How did you know?" Isgrimnur asked.

"It is my job to know," replied Remus confidently. Although, inwardly she sighed in relief. She didn't really know, she just wanted to shoot Mr. Bubbles before this was all over.

The game is now finished. The Rebel Alliance has won. You all will have access to the Rebel and Spoiler Forums.
Semaj

Re: Star Wars WW - Game Over - Rebel Victory

Post by Semaj »

uhg....

I had theo...

Remus was confusing the piss out of me :)

BTW how the hell does the empire has a chance in hell of winning this?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Woohoo! May the Force be with you!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Semaj wrote:uhg....

I had theo...

Remus was confusing the piss out of me :)

BTW how the hell does the empire has a chance in hell of winning this?
Sorry Semaj. I asked before the game began how I should set up the ratios and I got some bad advice. I was told a standard game is 3 misses. I actually set up the game for 4, but didn't take into account Mara being turned. Then to make it worse, I overpowered the Rebels by giving each one a power. :oops:

My apologies, the next time I run a game I will know how better to create a balance. Both sides played a nearly flawless game, I have to give a lot of credit to all the players. Nailing the Emperor on Day 1, then Thrawn on Night 1, on top of my overpowering the Rebels sealed the deal that the Empire was going to get stomped. I think it is fantastic that you guys did as well as you did.

Even though the Rebels won, I think both sides played magnificently.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Everyone now has access to the Spoiler and Rebel forums except for El Guapo. If you are interested in the back story, you can find it all on the Spoiler Forum.

El Guapo, you are not registered with

http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank

so I was unable to give you access. Once you register, PM me and I will set you up with access to the forums if you are interested.