WW - The Viking Ship (sign up closed)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

WW - The Viking Ship (sign up closed)

Post by Newcastle »

FOREWORD

-Bamburgh Castle, Northumbria, England 791 AD

The man hurried up the stone stairs, the chill sea air blasting him from behind. As he approached the wooden door he gave a hurried nod to the guards on either side. As he entered the small, brick building a blast of heat radiated over him; the chill instantly gone. “Sir,” He said, instantly kneeling.

Oswcu looked up from a map he was studying. He motioned for him to stand. “What news ye bring me Edwin?”

“Sire, you recall the small boats that had been sighted near the holy island of Lindisfarne?”

“Yes. What of them?” Oswcu’s attention was fully on the man named Edwin. The King had given him special orders to make sure the Kingdom was safe from all threats. The King had trusted the safety of Northumbria to him, and he would not fail. He had to know all the threats to the kingdom, the machinations of its enemies, and any unnatural occurrences. So when strange boats were spotted near the Holy island, he had to investigate.

“I investigated them further as you instructed. I had some of my huntsman follow them.”

“And” Oswcu prodded, eyes boring in.

“Sir they travelled far to the North and East of here. Those boats belong to no kingdom on this land. They are of no tribe here. None. They came from lands across the cold seas. ”Edwin continued, “My huntsman got close to them and watched their tribes at work. It seems as if they were building more boats, bigger ones than those spotted. There were forges at work hammering axes and what looks like armor of sorts. It was unlike anything they had seen they said.”

Oswcu ‘s fingers tapped the wooden table. The news was unsettling. “The huntsman have returned?”

“Yes.”

“And they can find their way back?”

“Yes.”

Oswcu locked eyes with Edwin. “Edwin hear me now. Hear me good. I want you to send a small squad of men back. I want these men to watch these strange men. I want to know what they are doing. I want to know their leaders. I want to know everything about them. I want to know their language. I want to know their army size and strength. I want to know their army leaders. I want to know everything.” He paused looked deeply into the fire, “Edwin, I fear that this was only a scouting mission of theirs. These men you send; they must be brave.”

“Yes sire,” Edwin said. “ I shall do that now. One last thing sire.” Edwin paused until he knew he had Owscu attention. “One of the huntsman, was able to get close enough to listen to them; he thought he heard them call themselves “Vikings”.
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:17 am, edited 16 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Re: WW - Project Lindisfarne

Post by Newcastle »

ROLES

The Vikings (the good)-

Shaman (Seer) – At night, in the midst of your evening meditations, the gods favor you with keen insight into a players true role. You may ask the gods “What is players X true role” (will reveal players specific role)

Weaponsmith (Hunter)– You are always armed! Always. Wether you are sleeping, eating, crapping , wax melting, or making mad monkey love; you have a weapon at your disposal at all times. As such 1 time per game you may choose to launch this weapon at a target of your choice. (May only be used during day periods)

Guardian (protector) – Each night you patrol to ensure everyone’s safety (also from each other). As such you can protect 1 player per night cycle; The same player cannot be selected on consecutive evenings. Protection extents into daytime and will counter a berserker attack; Protection wont prevent a lynch.

Funeral Pyre Maker (Coroner)– You are entrusted with ensuring that each warrior receives a fitting and glorious pyre after they’ve met their end. During these times you are able to perceive a dead players true nature. (May scan 1 dead player per night cycle to determine nature; can only scan most recent nigh kill or lynch)

Viking Warband (Unpowered Players)– Each of you are a fierce warrior selected for your raw power, dexterity, and savage nature. You are determined to bring glory for your family; and riches, many spending riches.

The English Saboteurs BAD

The Fighter (Berserker) – You won’t ever be stopped. Never! You will never give up. Even as you are lynched, you vow to bring a foe down with you. Upon lynch, you may choose one player to take to the grave with you.

Priest ( Evil seer) At night you pray and seek solace in the words of God. Through your ruminations of the holy scriptures you are able to reach a powerful insight into a players true nature. (May ask during night phase a person’s true nature)

The Magician (Emp power) - Once per game night cycle you may set off a powerful arcanic force that you can set off a evenings explosion. An explosion of such force prevents all other activity (except the night kill). The force of will need is such that you may only do this once during this journey (1 time power)

The Leader - Your role as lead of this expendition is to determine who to kill at night. Power is transferred to another player upon leader’s death. (Leader -> Berserker -> Priest -> Magician)

Possible additions:
If we get over 17 sign ups will add the following:
Good –
Twins (Masons)– 2 players whom know that each others heart is true (May PM each other during night cycle at will; might enable a forum for them)

Evil -
The Enticer (1 extra vote)- Through misdirection and a cunning dexterity once per game, you can rig a vote to add an additional vote at your discretion. Once per game may add an additional vote on the lynch. (Time stamp of the extra vote submission will be used to determine order of events, if confusion occurs)

FAQ
Q-Will players know if the Magician has used his power?
A– Yes the force of the explosion can not be ignored.

Q – Will Evil know the true roles of their night kills?
A- Yes . Yes they will learn wether they have killed the coroner, protector, seer…etc.

Q – What does the EMP interrupt?
A – EMP cancels ALL powers regardless of side except for the night kill (no seer scans, no protections, nothing)

Q – Can evil scan a player at night, and due to that information regarding a player choose to target that player.?
A- No. Evil must choose the night kill prior to any scan results from that night cycle. Results from scans will be returned to players as the dawn is breaking. All scans, kills and protections will be returned at the same time, closely followed by the dawn breaking.

Q- When does the Weaponsmith power take into effect.
A – As soon as order is submitted it is valid and that player will be terminated. IF a lynch occurs prior to termination, that player will be killed, even if a lynch as occurred. The power once used (ie Mod receives the order) can not be rescinded, so choose wisely.

Q- Can the EMP deny the protectors daylight protection?

A - The EMP will only cancel the night protection. The Guardian's protection will still be valid during the daylight. So the guardian can still protect V. the fighters berserker ability.

Order of events
Scans submitted (Coroner, Shaman, Priest)
Protection order submitted
Magician Order submitted
Night Kill
Results sent back to players
Dawn Breaks
Last edited by Newcastle on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

1. Purge
2. El Guapo
3. Remus West
4. Lagom Lite
5. Qantaga
6. ChaosRaven
7. Grundbegriff
8. Truicy
9. Theohall
10. RMC
11. Coopasonic
12. Arcanis
13. Scoop
Last edited by Newcastle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Because 4 is a nice even number
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: WW - Project Lindisfarne (after Q's WW game)

Post by bb2112 »

OCD

Oh wait, now that's 5. Crap.

Nice intro btw. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

-PM to BB2112-

You are the Goat Dung collector. Every day you must collect the goat dung. Once all collected you must then form patties and slap them against walls to dry them. Once dry you must hand carry them to your customers houses.

You have a full time ability of "Goat dung stench"; this ability enables you to have an onerous stench permeate the air wherever you go. UNfortunately since none of the other villagers enjoy the goat dung cloud, it means people dont listen to you nor do they pay attention to your votes. All your posts must include the phrase "Goat dung anyone?" and may not exceed 8 words.

(and thats six...an even number)
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wow. I thought LM, CR, and I were the only ones that knew bb2112 in RL but obviously Newcastle has hung out with him too. :shock:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:-PM to BB2112-

You are the Goat Dung collector. Every day you must collect the goat dung. Once all collected you must then form patties and slap them against walls to dry them. Once dry you must hand carry them to your customers houses.

You have a full time ability of "Goat dung stench"; this ability enables you to have an onerous stench permeate the air wherever you go. UNfortunately since none of the other villagers enjoy the goat dung cloud, it means people dont listen to you nor do they pay attention to your votes. All your posts must include the phrase "Goat dung anyone?" and may not exceed 8 words.

(and thats six...an even number)
Goat dung anyone?

Remus, you're goat dung, get in the cart.

Enlarge Image
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

That's 11 words. Cheater. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle, does "Goat dung anyone" count against the total of 8 words? or is it 8 words + "Goat dung anyone" ?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:Newcastle, does "Goat dung anyone" count against the total of 8 words? or is it 8 words + "Goat dung anyone" ?
MOD RULING
its the former...goat dung anyone counts as 3 of the 8 total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

goat dung anyone/means there are only five left/it's goat dung haiku
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
Unagi wrote:Newcastle, does "Goat dung anyone" count against the total of 8 words? or is it 8 words + "Goat dung anyone" ?
MOD RULING
its the former...goat dung anyone counts as 3 of the 8 total.
Fine! Remus, get in cart. Goat dung anyone?

Enlarge Image
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Goat dung anyone?

Newcastle, you bastard. This... difficult.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:Goat dung anyone?

Newcastle, you bastard. This... difficult.
life lesson here -
dont mess w/ 4
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

4 is magic
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:4 is magic
three, sir.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:4 is magic
three, sir.
3 is 5
4 is magic
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

All I know is it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

4 is right out.
theohall

Post by theohall »

bb2112 wrote:All I know is it takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

4 is right out.
You must have really cheap tootsie roll pops.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

theohall wrote: You must have really cheap tootsie roll pops.
Dude, do not question the owl.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Gonna bump this.......I see no WW game up...so will slip this guy in.

Havent decided on roles but will do so this weekend (probably tomorrow). It will be pretty basic on the whole...ie seer, berserker, apothecary probably....but nothing radical or experimentary.

Basically think my bond type WW games w/ a Viking skin.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: WW - Project Lindisfarne (roles up- taking signups)

Post by Newcastle »

Just added in the roles, FAQ and order of operations. Any comments are welcome. Let me know if any balance issues strike you.
Bayraktar!!!!

purge

Post by purge »

IN!

:horse:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sounds good - I'm in. I mean, [joke that involves the word "in"]
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

"Öl och trätor
ha ofta varit
mången man till sorg;
somliga till undergång,
somliga till ofärd,
mycket vållar människor ve."

In
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hey, wouldn't Lagom have an unfair advantage in this game?
Black Lives Matter.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Count me IN.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Chaosraven

Re: WW - Project Lindisfarne (get your signups - 5 in, need

Post by Chaosraven »

'twould be a sIN to sit out this time around.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
tru1cy

Re: WW - Project Lindisfarne (get your signups - 7 in, need

Post by tru1cy »

FINE! in :)
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
theohall

Re: WW - The Viking Ship ( 8 in, need more)

Post by theohall »

IN.
RMC

Post by RMC »

In.

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I approve of the name change.

In. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Re: WW - The Viking Ship (10 in, need more)

Post by Newcastle »

why thank you coop....i figured i should do that...since project lindisfarne was a placeholder name to evoke curiosity and disinterested eye rolls.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

purge wrote:IN!

Hey Purge,

I need you to register to this site: http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank

Its basically our "secret board" for wolves, etc. NO, you are not a wolf, but i want you signed up, so no metagaming can transpire. :D

Will PM this to you as well.
Bayraktar!!!!

Arcanis

Re: WW - The Viking Ship (11 in, need more)

Post by Arcanis »

Been a while since I did one of these and I love me some Vikings, just not the ones from Minnesota :wink: .

So i'm IN.

edit: I do have a freeforums account already should it be needed.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

El Guapo wrote:Hey, wouldn't Lagom have an unfair advantage in this game?
:ninja:

bork
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:
purge wrote:IN!

Hey Purge,

I need you to register to this site: http://ooww.freeforums.org" target="_blank

Its basically our "secret board" for wolves, etc. NO, you are not a wolf, but i want you signed up, so no metagaming can transpire. :D

Will PM this to you as well.
 purge 

Black Lives Matter.