OO Werewolf League signups and standings! (Season 1)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: OO Werewolf League signups and standings! (Season 1)

Post by theohall »

purge wrote: [aside]Also, the word behaviour has a U in it, spellcheck, so piss off.[/aside]
behavior can be spelled both ways, numbnuts. Try fact checking, or actually using a real dictionary, and not just using a limited spell check routine. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:Even if you were to case aside my random selection process and simply said : "Random.ORG decides who dies!" the wolves should still be in that selection. By the very nature of the numbers, they're already less likely to be killed. Giving them a free pass breeds bad behaviour and adds silence and stalling as a strategy.
It adds them as strategy and behaviour that will expose the wolves so if they want to try that....more power to them. The burden during the day is on the wolves to stay hidden and the VILLAGE to find them. Your plan makes the game Seer vs wolves. The day is on the group not an individual.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:
purge wrote:Even if you were to case aside my random selection process and simply said : "Random.ORG decides who dies!" the wolves should still be in that selection. By the very nature of the numbers, they're already less likely to be killed. Giving them a free pass breeds bad behaviour and adds silence and stalling as a strategy.
It adds them as strategy and behaviour that will expose the wolves so if they want to try that....more power to them. The burden during the day is on the wolves to stay hidden and the VILLAGE to find them. Your plan makes the game Seer vs wolves. The day is on the group not an individual.
You're right, more power. Not less, not same. More.

Random is random - the wolves have no power to avoid a majority lynch, why would they somehow magically escape the selection process? If you want to put this on the villagers, then penalize* them by way of tallying survivors at the end of a game, or reward them for finding wolves faster. Killing a random is killing a random, and the idea is that the lynch mob, so bloodthirsty for justice, picks a person, ANY person, and kills them. No posturing, no positioning.

The onus is on the village as a whole to come up with a vote. The wolves, during the day, are allowed to vote and therefore have both benefit, and partial accountability for said process and without giving away role, need to act accordingly. I get that they can use that as a strategy, but it's effectively giving them a day kill and a night kill as well. Think of scenarios where you're down to 5 villagers with two being wolves.

The idea that they should be exempt from the pool of kill candidates is, IMO, one that serves the wolves far more than it should.

If the wolves are to be excluded from daytime responsibility, then no random lynch should occur.

- all humans are penalized in points.
- wolves gain nothing, and lose nothing.
- everyone goes to bed.
purge

Post by purge »

* everytime I write this word, I can't help but snickering at the word for sounding like penile.
stessier

Post by stessier »

purge wrote:The idea that they should be exempt from the pool of kill candidates is, IMO, one that serves the wolves far more than it should.

If the wolves are to be excluded from daytime responsibility, then no random lynch should occur.
I still disagree. Of course it serves the wolves to have a random lynch more than the Vilalge. But that's the way it should be - the wolves can never prevent a lynch or cause a lynch that the Village wants to happen. There are never enough of them...and when there are, they win.

Also, penalizing points isn't much of a deterrent. The league is a fun thing but I'm not sure how much people really care about the standings.

Edit: as for the scenario with 5 people left - I don't get your point. You think a Wolf would not vote ...why? One Villager votes, the Wolves pile on - wolf win! Far more likely the Village refuses to vote and hopes Random bails them out. Better than tossing down one vote incorrectly and losing the whole game. So I'm not sure how that is supporting your point.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
purge

Post by purge »

I had something written up, but I really don't care enough to put this much effort into it.

So, as +1 was stated, I state -1.

:shrug:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm still waiting for the "standings" part of this thread to become true. :pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
purge

Post by purge »

theohall wrote:
purge wrote: [aside]Also, the word behaviour has a U in it, spellcheck, so piss off.[/aside]
behavior can be spelled both ways, numbnuts. Try fact checking, or actually using a real dictionary, and not just using a limited spell check routine. :P
It's a spellcheck that clearly has an USofA slant. :P

I know some people spell it without a U. It doesn't make it right. :D
purge

Post by purge »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm still waiting for the "standings" part of this thread to become true. :pop:

Worried about your lead?
Isgrimnur

OO Werewolf League signups and standings! (Season 1)

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just want to see if sitting out the final game was a wise decision or not.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Isgrimnur wrote:Just want to see if sitting out the final game was a wise decision or not.
Remus West surviving to the last day of game 5 is probably going to let him take the lead.
purge

Post by purge »

theohall wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Just want to see if sitting out the final game was a wise decision or not.
Remus West surviving to the last day of game 5 is probably going to let him take the lead.
When you say that out loud, it sounds so wrong. Remus beyond day 2 should have been my clue. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
I doubt it. Don't I get -3 for losing? That should wipe out any gain I earned for lasting. Of course, I haven't looked enough to really know what we get points for so I'm not a very good source for that type of information.

As an aside, I say that to honor of Canadian brethren and their seeming "u" fetish we begin to pronounce all words with an "ou" as though they were "oo" as they do with "about" and "out". :P
Take that spell check hater. :tjg:
Last edited by Remus West on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
purge

Post by purge »

I think I won. :D
Last edited by purge on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purge

Post by purge »

purge wrote:
Remus West wrote:As an aside, I say that to honor of Canadian bretheren and their seeming "u" fetish we being to pronounce all words with an "ou" as though they were "oo" as they do with "about" and "out". :P
Take that spellcheck hater. :tjg:
Being to pronounce? Looks like being brethren is two much.

Also, you need to start peppering words with all the silent u's.

Lastly, lieutenant is pronounced "lef-ten-ant", not "loo-ten-ant".