[WW] The Princess Bride - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Re: [WW] The Princess Bride - Day 8

Post by Mr Bubbles »

El Guapo wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Coop never struck me as evil, will have to take a closer look. RMC has been on my radar and Lassr, I'm still not convinced of.
I'm pretty much on the same page as you, I think. When I went through coop's posts during the yesterday game they read as pretty villager-y. That leads me to lean RMC, but that's mostly process of elimination which isn't entirely satisfactory.

I don't want to rule out LL, but the problem with thinking that LL is evil is that due to pr0ner's protection he could not have been converted after pronouncing Unagi-as-Humperdink. He could have been converted before, but this would mean concluding that Team Evil threw one of their own members overboard before the bumbling village had found even one evildoer. It's possible, but I'm skeptical.

One thing I'm curious about from experienced WWers: what exactly do you look for when looking through posts for evidence of Wolfitude? There's interactions with now known good and evil players, is I suppose the main thing. What else?
LL has the rep of being a sly player and he could have been a choice early on. We talk about his reveal, but he could have easily been a target well before that. I know he would have been an option for me if I was on the team evil. That being said I am not inclined to vote for the converted right now. So we have RMC, and coop. RMC has been more of a concern for me, but then there is coop. Damn I need to place vote soon, but not quite yet.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I have debated on how much info I should post on my looking back at RMC and Coop simply because if you are sure I am evil then I'm not sure how you are going to treat my info. I would hate to give my best guess and then have you go the opposite direction and then be wrong and we lose.

I have poked Coop a few times in the game. Adding him to my evil list, called him Count. It never really phased him. I've looked back at past games and I cannot find where he has been evil.
If he is evil this game then he has handled himself well for a newbie. Could he be playing the role of the helpful evil guy? Maybe but as I said looking back I can't find any game where he was evil so I don't know how he would tend to play an evil role. I think that's what drew my attention to Coop; I often play the helpful evil.

Looking back at the last 2 games with RMC; My BSG game he was active and a citizen. He had far more posts than this game. The other game where he was very quiet was Star Wars and he was the rebel Lando. His I am not evil post, is similar to his I am not rebel posts. A lot of his posts in this game have been rules questions.

On the surface RMC looks more evil than Coop but what dwells underneath is the most important.

Some info for you to digest as I try to determine where I want to place my vote.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

FWIW Lassr I don't think you're evil. Though I can't rule it out, of course.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:FWIW Lassr I don't think you're evil. Though I can't rule it out, of course.
well, you probably just doomed yourself tonight if we make it to another day.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

:binky: Image :binky:
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:FWIW Lassr I don't think you're evil. Though I can't rule it out, of course.
well, you probably just doomed yourself tonight if we make it to another day.
I only regret that I have but one life to give for my village.
Black Lives Matter.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'm leaning coop right now, but will resist my vote for just a few longer.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I'm leaning coop right now, but will resist my vote for just a few longer.
Don't resist much longer. We have 12 hours to come to a lynch and we need most everyone to agree. Obviously I like my vote where it is, but I have knowledge you don't have (hint: I know my role). That makes all the difference. If we could get people on Lassr I'd go for that as well, but it would be better to get the original evil.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

RMC 

Stab in the dark
Bertrand Russell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Mr Bubbles wrote: RMC 

Stab in the dark
Why RMC? I thought you were leaning Coop.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

As for myself on Coop / RMC, I could go either way. Reading posts last night I'm leaning coop at the moment because while both RMC and Coop have provided analysis, RMC has more substantive moments that seem good guy (conflicts with Unagi / stessier, the Westley / Buttercup point), and his analysis tended to point towards bad guys more than Coop's did (in fact I'm not even sure Coop has really implicated any bad guys up to this point). Also generally coop's analysis tends to read more as general "here's how people have voted, how about that?" whereas RMC"s analysis (at least in the first few game days) tended to be more probing towards who is actually evil.

That could all be staged, of course. But then, that could be said about just about any posts or anything at all in the game, pretty much.

Also wonder whether it's possible that both could be evil; they're both framing it as a binary choice, for which the idea could be whichever survives then says "good job! We nailed the count, now let's try to find the convert from the remaining" (who would all be good). Idle thought in any event.

I guess I should put a vote in since the deadline is today.

coopasonic 

I could absolutely be swayed on this, so if anyone has any arguments on this, let's hear 'em.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:Also wonder whether it's possible that both could be evil; they're both framing it as a binary choice, for which the idea could be whichever survives then says "good job! We nailed the count, now let's try to find the convert from the remaining" (who would all be good). Idle thought in any event.
I'm not sure if this weakens or stengthens how I look to the rest of the village, but it really does appear to be a binary choice between myself and RMC as to who could be the count, everyone else is "proven" except Lassr who is highly unlikely to be original evil. It's not a binary choice on who to vote for though. Lassr is still out there as a possible convert as is Lagom, though the odds seem much longer on that. I've proposed lynching Lassr first if people are more comfortable with that as he is the most likely convert at this point.

Either way it seems the village is going to have to choose between RMC and I eventually. It's almost certain one of us is the count. Why put it off?

Facts, deduction and inference are what I am good with. Facts are something this game has been short on and that has seriously messed with my game. I've done what I could with what we've been provided, but that really hasn't added up to much. The other thing I do is try to motivate people to act, make sure we get to a lynch and base my votes on other people's ability to read between the lines, because I don't do a good job of it myself.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coopasonic wrote:I've proposed lynching Lassr first if people are more comfortable with that as he is the most likely convert at this point.

to me that just doesn't make any sense. What if there is not a conversion? It is a big "what if" but it is possible. It is 50/50 between you and RMC. Hell we might not go wrong either direction if one is a conversion.

I propose picking 1 between 2 players and you propose picking 1 between 3 and possible 4 if you still want to consider that Lagom could be converted.

What I can't tell is if that is desperation of a villager trying to prevent the village from losing or evil trying to survive.

Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lassr wrote:to me that just doesn't make any sense. What if there is not a conversion? It is a big "what if" but it is possible. It is 50/50 between you and RMC. Hell we might not go wrong either direction if one is a conversion.
I've spelled this out already. If there is not a conversion then we can afford the miss. If there is and it's not you, we lose and blame Lagom.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coopasonic wrote:
Lassr wrote:to me that just doesn't make any sense. What if there is not a conversion? It is a big "what if" but it is possible. It is 50/50 between you and RMC. Hell we might not go wrong either direction if one is a conversion.
I've spelled this out already. If there is not a conversion then we can afford the miss. If there is and it's not you, we lose and blame Lagom.
and if there is a conversion and you get me voted off, guess what, we lose today.

Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, I just said that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coopasonic wrote:Yeah, I just said that.

yes you did. :doh:

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

coop is at n-2. If I change my vote to coop (putting him at n-1) and Lassr is evil and coop is not, the village will lose.

I'm leaning coop, and will likely move my vote there soon. Anything more you'd like to say, coop? That would change my mind? Why is RMC evil?

withdraw Lassr 

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lagom Lite wrote:Anything more you'd like to say, coop? That would change my mind? Why is RMC evil?

withdraw Lassr 

I've said all that I can. RMC is evil because I am not.

17. Lagom Lite - Booer
6. Mr Bubbles - Buttercup
14. El Guapo - Westley

The Count has to be in here:
3. Lassr
10. coopasonic
20. RMC

We agree it's extremely unlikely Lassr was evil at the start. I am good. That leaves RMC.

RMC has not left any smoking gun that I can point out and I'm not going to try to manufacture one.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting:

3. Lassr ----------------> coopasonic
6. Mr Bubbles --------> RMC
10. coopasonic -------> RMC
14. El Guapo ----------> coopasonic
17. Lagom Lite -------> coopasonic, Lassr
20. RMC ----------------> coopasonic

coopasonic (2): RMC, Lassr, Lagom, El Guapo
RMC (2): coopasonic, Mr Bubbles
Lassr (0): Lagom

*Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Players remaining: 6
Majority is 4

Deadline is Wednesday, September 21 at 9:00 pm EST.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coop 

Not buying it.

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

coopasonic is n-1
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

:binky: Image :binky:
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

El Guapo wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote: RMC 

Stab in the dark
Why RMC? I thought you were leaning Coop.
Going back on to post both have made, it seemed to me that RMC's comments raised more of a question than Coop. So he's got my vote. It also seems to me that the bad guys are going to play hard and try to make a strong case against a good guy, so I'm going against the grain on a hunch.
Bertrand Russell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

coopasonic 

did we loose nao? All the people checking in with popcorn makes me think this was the last move.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting:

3. Lassr ----------------> coopasonic, coopasonic
6. Mr Bubbles --------> RMC
10. coopasonic -------> RMC
14. El Guapo ----------> coopasonic
17. Lagom Lite -------> coopasonic, Lassr, coopasonic
20. RMC ----------------> coopasonic

coopasonic (4): RMC, Lassr, Lagom, El Guapo, Lassr, Lagom
RMC (2): coopasonic, Mr Bubbles
Lassr (0): Lagom

*Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Players remaining: 6
Majority is 4

Voting is closed.
Last edited by Qantaga on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Qantaga wrote: Voting is closed.
:pop: :pop: :pop:
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:pop:

Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Good luck.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

coopasonic wrote:Good luck.
so the day will continue?

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
coopasonic wrote:Good luck.
so the day will continue?
game...not day.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm having reese's pieces instead of popcorn.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm hoping that Qantaga will at least get in a game over or not game over post soon.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

yep, I got to go to a family dinner in an hour. Hopefully he'll post before then!

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Though I guess just "game over" or "not game over" probably wouldn't be sufficiently dramatic. Ah well.

He'll probably wait for two weeks to screw with us. :P
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Though I guess just "game over" or "not game over" probably wouldn't be sufficiently dramatic. Ah well.

Well I'm hoping it's a nice game over write since it is taking so long. And Coops "Good Luck" makes me think he's messing with us or he knows the game will continue. SO I feel better about the vote.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Though I guess just "game over" or "not game over" probably wouldn't be sufficiently dramatic. Ah well.

Well I'm hoping it's a nice game over write since it is taking so long. And Coops "Good Luck" makes me think he's messing with us or he knows the game will continue. SO I feel better about the vote.
I am also hoping that it is game over, then no convert. I am really convinced that the count was coop. Being the only two that didn't claim a role, it just makes sense, since I know I am just a villager.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

It had been a long day. Nerves were frayed for the majority of the day. Most of the remaining survivors seemed uncertain and apprehensive.

The sun dipped lower and lower, as it gained momentum toward the distant horizon.

You knew something had to break before night asserted its control over the fading day.

You had some ideas, but no real conviction on the source of the Evil that had been stalking you so relentlessly over the past week.

Finally, you make your way to the village square. Following in your wake, are all of your fellows. Everyone looks around.

After a few long moments of silence, someone produces a whistle. You look at them curiously, wondering what this could mean.

They blow a ululating trill on the whistle. For a moment, nothing happens. Then, you hear a sound coming from the direction of the woods and, to your horror, see:

You've heard of these abominations. This is called a ROUS, a rodent of unusual size. The one you see now certainly lives up to its name.

While you are still gathering your wits after seeing such a terrifying creature, three others blow their own whistles (where in the world did they get them?)

Three more ROUSs appear.

Suddenly, all four whistle-bearers point at coopasonic and the monsters leap. You avert you gaze from their savagery.

coopasonic is dead.

You finally turn back to see that coopasonic is gone and the rodents are licking their muzzles as they retreat back into the woods.

You start to turn around to head back to your cottage when you realize that you still have some unfinished business to attend to, when a sobering thought strikes you. How are you going to find coopasonic's runes when he now rests in the belly of four beasts?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

oh come on!

Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

You are almost distraught. You sit down on the edge of the fountain and wonder what you should do next.

You put your head in your hands to let your mind and body rest for a few precious moments.

When you look up again, you feel slightly refreshed and rise to head home. As you do, a glitter catches your eye. It came from the corner of a bush. You walk over and look closer. It is a ring, still on the finger of a severed hand.

You don't want to touch it, so you kneel down and stare. Almost as if it has been waiting for you, the smudge begins to form. It is followed by one cloudly rune, then another. You can barely catch your breath but, as the third rune forms and the first two start coming into focus, your hopes suddently soar. You wait to be certain, but soon it is evident that this rune is the newer one and not the one that fills you with despair.

The word is Evil.