[WW] The Princess Bride - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: [WW] The Princess Bride - Day 1

Post by Lassr »

Lagom Lite wrote:Scoop was kidding, obviously. (Right? Right??)
kidding or deception. Only scoop knows...and his evil buddies if he is in fact evil.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
coopasonic wrote:This early discussion is very revealing... it reveals that this should be a fun game. I have *no* idea what's going on at this point. :oops: I'm hoping by morning trig will come along and explain everything for me so I don't have to figure it all out. :D
Why? You think the first 5 or so folks he points at this game will be the Seers?
Scoop is the one who outs Seers. For trying to blame that tactic on triggercut (and I have nothing better to go on)

Remus West 

Did you read the last game? triggercut was the one that pushed for Chaosraven to be lynched, Scoop only got him lynched by virtue of triggercut's hard work that way.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
coopasonic wrote:This early discussion is very revealing... it reveals that this should be a fun game. I have *no* idea what's going on at this point. :oops: I'm hoping by morning trig will come along and explain everything for me so I don't have to figure it all out. :D
Why? You think the first 5 or so folks he points at this game will be the Seers?
Scoop is the one who outs Seers. For trying to blame that tactic on triggercut (and I have nothing better to go on)

Remus West 

Did you read the last game? triggercut was the one that pushed for Chaosraven to be lynched, Scoop only got him lynched by virtue of triggercut's hard work that way.
That is only one small sample compared to the vast number of times Scoop has done the "Seer" thing and actually gotten real Seers killed.

Aside: Scoop actually was a Seer for real once over at GT and we killed him for claiming it. ;) Yeah.... we weren't very bright over there.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

El Guapo wrote:

Lassr 

Not sure I follow this. Lassr says Scoop's an unpowered villager, so he must be evil? Or is this just day 1 whimsy?
LL intuition in these games is kinda of freaky. I'm just saying.... I like my vote where it currently resides
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Voting:

1. bb2112 -------------->
2. PLW -----------------> Scoop
3. Lassr ---------------->
4. theohall -------------> Remus West
5. stessier ------------->
6. Mr. Bubbles -------->
7. Chaosraven -------->
8. pr0ner -------------->
10. coopasonic -------->
11. Remus West ------>
12. triggercut --------->
13. tru1cy -------------> Remus West
14. El Guapo ----------> Scoop
15. Scoop --------------> triggercut
16. Unagi -------------->
17. Lagom Lite -------> Lassr
18. Isgrimnur --------->
19. rshetts2 -----------> Scoop
20. RMC --------------->

triggercut (1): Scoop
Scoop (3): PLW, El Guapo, rshetts2
Remus West (2): tru1cy, theohall
Lassr (1): Lagom Lite

*Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Players remaining: 19
Majority is 10

Deadline is Tuesday, August 16 at 9:00 pm EST.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Scoop is the only one who's actually said anything lynch-able.

Remus I could lynch for betraying the empire.

Where the hell's trig? The fact that he hasn't posted anything at all bothers me a bit. He may have been wrong on Day 1 last time, but he was at least trying...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Poking the silent works for me....

withdraw Remus West 

triggercut 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur 

for scanning me early in the last game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

[WW] The Princess Bride - Day 1

Post by Scoop20906 »

I was in fact trying to draw a Night 0 kill. Slim odds but what else can I do?

Thankfully, I am a villager this game and therefore I've got no special info to worry about spilling. So, lynching will not kill one if our specials.

Am I lying? Am I actually Westley? Am I evil? Am I pirate? Everything is possible and I've been known to lie.

That said, I've voted for Trig. His silence thus far is deafening.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'ma follow Scoop for the novelty of it.
 triggercut 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

triggercut 

I definitely want to hear more from him. Or anything for that matter.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I was in fact trying to draw a Night 0 kill. Slim odds but what else can I do?
Did it ever occur to you that you also likely drew every scan we had?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

[WW] The Princess Bride - Day 1

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I was in fact trying to draw a Night 0 kill. Slim odds but what else can I do?
Acceptable risk. I know what I'm doing.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's also possible that Scoop is a pirate who wanted to increase his chances of drawing a DPR scan.
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Care to enlighten the rest of us? What exactly are you doing?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

tru1cy wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Lassr 

Not sure I follow this. Lassr says Scoop's an unpowered villager, so he must be evil? Or is this just day 1 whimsy?
LL intuition in these games is kinda of freaky. I'm just saying.... I like my vote where it currently resides
It was pretty much a simulpost, my vote wasn't in response to Lassr's preceding mine. That said, wolves try for caution, Lassr seems cautios. And it's interesting, this quote might link tru1cy-Lassr. Maybe we should test tru1cy. :P

Regarding Miracle Max though; bb2112 (was it?) brought up something interesting - the Prince Humperdink conversion makes it more difficult to mark players as Trusted just because their roles are outed. But let me ask you then: at which point would it be a good idea for Miracle Max to rez, if not as early as possible? Waiting runs the risk of getting Max converted or killed. And waiting for a Special to get killed is bad for the exact same reasons as you oppose for using it early; said Special could get converted once everyone knows his identity so rezzing that player is equally wasteful.

The benefit of using the rez early is that it nets us a villager, even though we don't get trusted players like in the BSG game.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier wrote:
Meh. I didn't scan him. 8-)
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Mr Bubbles wrote:While it is certain a crap shoot I do find Newcastle to be an interesting choice. I'd definitely have more high priority targets.
"Well, it sure wasn't me! Whoever it was! Not me!"
Mr Bubbles wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
theohall wrote:I think it would be hilarious if Scoop really is Westley.
It wouldn't be the first time it happened.
Wouldn't it? I know Scoop's outed the seer a couple times, but has he been the seer himself?
Well I'm not saying Scoop specifically.
"Scoop's a clown. Uh, btw, that's a joke. Uhh, don't look at me."

withdraw Lassr 

Mr Bubbles 

Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Re: [WW] The Princess Bride - Game Open - Night 0

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:In!
I found this hilarious for some reason. :lol:
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lagom Lite wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Lassr 

It was pretty much a simulpost, my vote wasn't in response to Lassr's preceding mine. That said, wolves try for caution, Lassr seems cautios. And it's interesting, this quote might link tru1cy-Lassr. Maybe we should test tru1cy. :P

Regarding Miracle Max though; bb2112 (was it?) brought up something interesting - the Prince Humperdink conversion makes it more difficult to mark players as Trusted just because their roles are outed. But let me ask you then: at which point would it be a good idea for Miracle Max to rez, if not as early as possible? Waiting runs the risk of getting Max converted or killed. And waiting for a Special to get killed is bad for the exact same reasons as you oppose for using it early; said Special could get converted once everyone knows his identity so rezzing that player is equally wasteful.

The benefit of using the rez early is that it nets us a villager, even though we don't get trusted players like in the BSG game.
That was *my* point!

I am also inclined to lean towards Max using his ability as soon as possible, for the reason you mention: gets us another person, and otherwise it increases the odds that Max could be killed or converted before then. And conversion would be especially bad, as now not only would we not get one villager back, but Team Evil could use him to bring back an Evil person, for a three person swing (get Max + don't get a villager back + get an evil back).

The main argument for saving it is to have it to bring back a special. But generally the special's abilities aren't all that overwhelming (no one-person seer, limited protectors), so I'm not sure that's all that important. Maybe to bring back Fezzik since his protection is more important and since he can't be converted, but I'm not sure how you could be sure that you're bringing back Fezzik.

Of course, this is irrelevant until day 2 anyhow.
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

El Guapo wrote:It's also possible that Scoop is a pirate who wanted to increase his chances of drawing a DPR scan.
Why would any pirate want to have the fleet activated? It's much better to stay villager.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

El Guapo wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Lassr 

That was *my* point!
Oh! Sorry. :oops: :)
Is there anyone in hell?

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lagom Lite wrote:The benefit of using the rez early is that it nets us a villager, even though we don't get trusted players like in the BSG game.
Might be worth waiting until after the pirates activate so you know you aren't rezzing someone to become a pirate.

The conversion prospect is scary.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lagom Lite wrote:
El Guapo wrote:It's also possible that Scoop is a pirate who wanted to increase his chances of drawing a DPR scan.
Why would any pirate want to have the fleet activated? It's much better to stay villager.
You are probably right, but at the same time if I were a pirate I'd want to be activated. Who wants to be a boring old villager, when you can sail the high seas of accountancy?
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

coopasonic wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:The benefit of using the rez early is that it nets us a villager, even though we don't get trusted players like in the BSG game.
Might be worth waiting until after the pirates activate so you know you aren't rezzing someone to become a pirate.

Yes, that didn't even strike me. Good catch. Now we DEFINITELY want Max to rez early.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lagom Lite wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

Yes, that didn't even strike me. Good catch. Now we DEFINITELY want Max to rez early.
Re: waiting until the Pirates are active: it would also require Westley to step forward with that info. Otherwise Max has no way of knowing (right?). I'm not sure I would want Westley to step forward just to mention thar be buccaneers afoot, since he's also the only one who can protect us from them.
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

To be fair, the odds of Team Evil hitting on Max with their conversion is fairly low since they don't have a seer. But that said, it would suck pretty hard if they got lucky on that.

Also Max - don't come out early, and don't make any hints about your role.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm a little mixed on this Scoop thing, but not going to act on it today.

I will first say that I really sincerely think he just shouldn't do this stuff, period, but - hey - it's a game... and - it's Scoop.

My first reaction was that he was just being scoop.

I can see Scoop being tempted by how declaring a Seer just blows these games wide open, though. I'm left being fairly unsettled as to why, on Night 0, a simple villager Scoop thought that was the best move.... but it's equally odd for any of the evil/pirate players to do. (accept perhaps to get a pirate scan, as "Westley" is/was the DPR)

But it's scoop.

One of these days though, Scoop is going to get wise as to what level of stuff we just let him get away with, and I don't know if he's actually taking advantage of that right now or not.

My leaning on Scoop is basically: 35% (evil/pirate) / 60% Villager / 5% Westley.

If killing him today convinced Scoop to stop pulling this kind of move, I'd do it. I actually am pretty certain it wouldn't.

I've got an entirely unrelated question. Did anyone else read this the way that I did? (it's in bb2112's reply)
bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:It is still night?! Can't those evil lunkheads figure out who to kill yet?
IT'S REMUS!! KILL REMUS!!
Now let's get this going! :D
To be fair, the night 0 kill is a tough choice. I mean, do they kill "good guy whose role they don't know" or "good guy whose role they don't know", or possibly kill "good guy whose role they don''t know." It's not an easy choice.
El Guapo, that is what I'm saying. Remus is available to kill, so it is not a hard choice. Talk to the rest of your team of bad guys and get this done please. Thanksomuch.
See it?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lagom Lite wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

:?:

How does Max rezzing early help our conversion problem?

And the pirates activate when 1 is found - meaning there is still one more out there that isn't found. We'll never have a clue if/when both are found.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

And the pirates activate when 1 is found - meaning there is still one more out there that isn't found. We'll never have a clue if/when both are found.
They're talking about the potential problem that I mentioned before - if Max were converted before doing his rez, he could use it to bring back a member of Team Evil, which means that they would get an additional person/lynch as opposed to the villagers. That's the "conversion problem" that they're talking about.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and Max rezzing early helps that problem insofar as he only gets one conversion, so if he is converted afterwards he can't help Team Evil.
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
coopasonic wrote:

Hm. Both good points.

What about the Ancient Booer? Maybe Max should wait until the Booer finds the Prince - then we lynch the Prince, thus forcing him to use up his conversion. After that, Max (and other roles) can step forward and become trusted. Although the Booer is screwed. :) But that doesn't matter as she has used up her power anyway.

It's actually a neat rule, this one-time evil conversion. It prevents early mass outings of players-to-be-trusted.
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But who knows when the Booer will find the Prince?

Incidentally, and off-topic: didn't the Booer expose Buttercup, not Humperdinck? That's leaving aside the whole issue of her only appearing in a dream.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom Lite wrote:It's actually a neat rule, this one-time evil conversion.
Is this your first game with a conversion in it?

Also, I think bb2112 accidentally poked an innocent earlier - but no one is listening to me. Do I actually need to choke people before I'm listened to?
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:
I don't have a scan. So which "we" are you a part of???

Would still like to hear from triggercut, but you just jumped up the list.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:

Also, I think bb2112 accidentally poked an innocent earlier - but no one is listening to me. Do I actually need to choke people before I'm listened to?
Yes.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Unagi wrote:
No, but I've either been a mod or one of the evil converters those times (fellowship of the ring, r.scott). I don't think it's struck me before that conversions prevent mass outings.
Unagi wrote:Also, I think bb2112 accidentally poked an innocent earlier - but no one is listening to me. Do I actually need to choke people before I'm listened to?
I don't see it, sorry.
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:

I'm not sure I'm following you. In his post, he's poking me? Or Remus? And I'm guessing this is suggestive of bb2112 evilitude?
Black Lives Matter.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:I've got an entirely unrelated question. Did anyone else read this the way that I did? (it's in bb2112's reply)
bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:It is still night?! Can't those evil lunkheads figure out who to kill yet?
IT'S REMUS!! KILL REMUS!!
Now let's get this going! :D
To be fair, the night 0 kill is a tough choice. I mean, do they kill "good guy whose role they don't know" or "good guy whose role they don't know", or possibly kill "good guy whose role they don''t know." It's not an easy choice.
El Guapo, that is what I'm saying. Remus is available to kill, so it is not a hard choice. Talk to the rest of your team of bad guys and get this done please. Thanksomuch.
See it?
Looks to me like bb2112 crackin' jokes at Remus expense (trying to get one of the crew offed, because they enjoy seeing one of them die first for some reason) and a wise-ass response from El Guapo - not a "poking the innocent" moment.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

RMC, where art thee?
Is there anyone in hell?