Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: Arkham - Awaiting Confirmation

Post by RMC »

Not that I have a decision, but I concur. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Gloria's instructions are correct.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Confirmed via pm... :pop:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Remus West

Re: Arkham - Confirmed. Update to come tonight

Post by Remus West »

Working on it but it is not going to get posted tonight due to too many interruptions. Will try to finish and post after practice tomorrow.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I am having difficulties with the time dilation aspects of this game. Can someone with a physic degree do the math so I know what "update tomorrow" actually means in real time? Thanks in advance! :twisted:
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:I am having difficulties with the time dilation aspects of this game. Can someone with a physic degree do the math so I know what "update tomorrow" actually means in real time? Thanks in advance! :twisted:
I think it means the 15th. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

rshetts2 wrote:I am having difficulties with the time dilation aspects of this game. Can someone with a physic degree do the math so I know what "update tomorrow" actually means in real time? Thanks in advance! :twisted:
Was that supposed to be a physics degree or a psychic degree?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I think we need a title change to something a little more representative. It should probably read something along the lines of "Arkham Horror - You Losers Will Have to Wait Because I have a Life" or "Arkham Horror - Where Time Moves Slower than the Event Horizon of a Black Hole" or maybe even "Arkham Horror - Where Time Moves so Slow, it Makes Denny's Service Look Good"

Us mundane people without lives might as well have some fun with this. Any other suggestions while we are waiting?

:pop:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Then again, I may be the only loser without a life. :oops:
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Arkham - Runnning slowly to torment bb2112

Post by bb2112 »

Well, at least the title is more accurate. :wink:
redrun

Re: Arkham - Has been updated!!!

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:
Newcastle wrote:So in other words we should expect an update after the next major holiday which you'll have free time.....so that means Feb 15th? :wink:
Its true. I have sucked at getting this updated AND I will have free time the 14th of February.
Sad but true.
:wub: Time for an update? :D
Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Newcastle wrote:So in other words we should expect an update after the next major holiday which you'll have free time.....so that means Feb 15th? :wink:
Its true. I have sucked at getting this updated AND I will have free time the 14th of February.
Sad but true.
I have practice tonight but I hope to find time after to update things. I wouldn't bet on it but I am hopeful.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:
redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Sad but true.
I have practice tonight but I hope to find time after to update things. I wouldn't bet on it but I am hopeful.
No worries. I was looking for an excuse to use wub on V-day.
I know this is the busy season for coaching...

and the way you keep getting crushed in Titan is probably depressing you. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:and the way you keep getting crushed in Titan is probably depressing you. :P
all dice have developed a hatred for me recently. Hopefully it passes soon.
Qantaga

Re: Arkham - Runnning slowly to torment bb2112

Post by Qantaga »

I love the new thread title. :lol:
Qantaga

Re: Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

Post by Qantaga »

My encounter with the Gug is ongoing.

The Arkham dice continue to hate me. Using the dynamite, I got a total of 12 dice rolls (9 + whip + 2 clues) and only got 3 of the 4 needed hits. :(

Mandy, can I use the re-roll for this encounter?

I'm not sure what else is coming up this turn, so I know you may need it for something more important, but I wanted to ask because the Gug will defeat Gloria without the re-roll.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I took out the Formless Spawn on the 2nd round, but burned both my clues and lost 2 SAN and 2 STAM and am down to 1 SAN, so I'll probably be working my way towards the Psych Ward next turn...

the Horror! the Horror!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Qantaga wrote:My encounter with the Gug is ongoing.

The Arkham dice continue to hate me. Using the dynamite, I got a total of 12 dice rolls (9 + whip + 2 clues) and only got 3 of the 4 needed hits. :(

I'm not sure what else is coming up this turn, so I know you may need it for something more important, but I wanted to ask because the Gug will defeat Gloria without the re-roll.
Don't you only get successes on a 5 or a 6 on a d6? If so, you would only expect to get 2 hits on 12 dice rolls, which means you did better than expected.

Still, if no clues are available and if you would die as a result, probably worth using the re-roll.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:Don't you only get successes on a 5 or a 6 on a d6? If so, you would only expect to get 2 hits on 12 dice rolls, which means you did better than expected.
Wouldn't a 5 or 6 mean 4 hits on 12 rolls? 1/3 of the total possibilities would be hits.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Don't you only get successes on a 5 or a 6 on a d6? If so, you would only expect to get 2 hits on 12 dice rolls, which means you did better than expected.
Wouldn't a 5 or 6 mean 4 hits on 12 rolls? 1/3 of the total possibilities would be hits.
Yes.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Shoppping update!!! What should i buy?

Remus West wrote:you have the opportunity to buy one of:

Necronomicon $6
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and lose 2 Sanity. If you fail, nothing happens.

Sword of Glory $8
Magical Weapon - 2 hands
+6 to Combat checks

Cabala of Saboth $5
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Skill and discard Cabala of Saboth. If you fail, nothing happens.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
uh, yes. :oops:
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:Shoppping update!!! What should i buy?

Remus West wrote:you have the opportunity to buy one of:

Necronomicon $6
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and lose 2 Sanity. If you fail, nothing happens.

Sword of Glory $8
Magical Weapon - 2 hands
+6 to Combat checks

Cabala of Saboth $5
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Skill and discard Cabala of Saboth. If you fail, nothing happens.
I guess I'd lean towards the Sword of Glory, since that's a good weapon bonus and since we'll need magic weapons if we wind up fighting the big baddie.

Note that I'll also get the opportunity to draw and buy an item after you shop due to my relationship card, though that's only theoretical I suppose since I now notice that I have no money.
Black Lives Matter.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Qantaga wrote:

Take the reroll. The only thing I would see as more important is a gate closing, and Dexter has an Elder sign.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Sword of Glory, I'd say.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

gonna grab the sword of glory..kind of seems the best choice. The other two are pretty much carbon copies.
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:gonna grab the sword of glory..kind of seems the best choice. The other two are pretty much carbon copies.
:binky: With a little luck, it will be in your possession by St. Patty's Day. :binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Where'd we get stuck, anyhoo?

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Pyperkub wrote:Where'd we get stuck, anyhoo?

I think we're here:
redrun wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Take the reroll. The only thing I would see as more important is a gate closing, and Dexter has an Elder sign.

(Added color, just in case).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

We are actually stuck on me finding time to type up and post the turn. To get around finding a block of time to do the full write up in I am going to attempt to do partial updates and just edit in the next player each time I get a chance. I will start the process Wednesday night (I hope). :ninja:
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

sweet, so were talking right after Memorial Day? :wink:
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Going into the weekend bump for Remus :wub:

stessier

Post by stessier »

He's at Octocon this weekend. Very little chance of an update. We will all pick on him about it for you though. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:He's at Octocon this weekend. Very little chance of an update. We will all pick on him about it for you though. :)
I love it. :twisted:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

HMM OK, let me pick another outlandish date....

ok, so I bet we are still in this game come July 4th!

Who's willing to place a gentleman's wager?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:HMM OK, let me pick another outlandish date....

ok, so I bet we are still in this game come July 4th!

Who's willing to place a gentleman's wager?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

A slap bet between NC and RW? Awesome! :twisted:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is why I quit running games and have an admiration for those that do.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:A slap bet between NC and RW? Awesome! :twisted:
Right show. Wrong episode.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

bb2112 wrote:A slap bet between NC and RW? Awesome! :twisted:
:tjg: with Cthulhu?

:pop: