Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

Post by El Guapo »

Seems like a sound plan.

I'm just wandering around in another dimension, so if you need me for anything just let me know.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Fine. I guess I'm first to act.

1. Adjust sliders to
S/S 3/2 - No change
F/W 1/2 - 1 change
L/L 6/1 - 1 change

2. Take Find Gate Spell from NC. I give Ancient Tome to NC. I don't have enough movement to use all these tomes. I have 4 and you have a decent Lore check. So here you go.

3. Use Zanthu Tablets - Lore 6 - 2 = 4
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 5 Spells, choose 1 to keep, and place the rest on the top or bottom of the spell deck in any order. Then discard the Zanthu Tablets. If you fail, lose 1 Sanity.

I will go to the next part of my move after I find out what the spells are.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Player turn order:
1. bb2112 - doing all kinds of crazy shit
2. redrun - ?
3. Pyperkub - fighting or evading monsters in streets
4. El Guapo - returning from another dimension
5. Newcastle - ?
6. rshetts2 - ?
7. Qantaga - ?
8. RMC - ?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:Player turn order:
You know it! I'm here to save the world. Either get on board, or get out of the way, Jack. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Well holy crap! I was sure I was a deader! Ok, now allow me to go change my shorts and then Ill try to figure out my turn.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
RMC

Post by RMC »

What is the suggestions for me... Anyone?

It looks like some baddies on my spot..But I am a lover not a fighter..
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:Well holy crap! I was sure I was a deader! Ok, now allow me to go change my shorts and then Ill try to figure out my turn.
It is very hard to die in this game. At worst you would have been knocked out or driven insane. As it is you are down to a single Sanity point......
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
redrun

Post by redrun »

Stats are showing me with 11 clues. I know I just got several clues, but I'm wondering if the five clues were removed for the gate closing I did a couple of turns ago. Either way, I'm clued up for a possible gate closing. I've also got a gate box that lets me come back to any open gate. I'm thinking that I run into the black cave this turn. BB2112 still goes forward with his plan, since he'll make it there and back in two turns, where it will take me three - but I go through as backup in case we somehow fail on one of our other gate closings.

If so:

Mandy:

Adjust stats:
S/S from 4/2 to 3/3
F/W stays at 2/3
L/L from 4/0 to 3/1

Move to French Hill Street, Rivertown, Black Cave.
Give $4 to Joe Diamond as I pass him to buy some sanity (or bullets!)

Remus - Is there any rule that requires all folks to be back in town to win the game, or can Mandy be off wandering when we close the 6th gate?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:Stats are showing me with 11 clues. I know I just got several clues, but I'm wondering if the five clues were removed for the gate closing I did a couple of turns ago. Either way, I'm clued up for a possible gate closing. I've also got a gate box that lets me come back to any open gate. I'm thinking that I run into the black cave this turn. BB2112 still goes forward with his plan, since he'll make it there and back in two turns, where it will take me three - but I go through as backup in case we somehow fail on one of our other gate closings.

If so:

Mandy:

Adjust stats:
S/S from 4/2 to 3/3
F/W stays at 2/3
L/L from 4/0 to 3/1

Move to French Hill Street, Rivertown, Black Cave.

Remus - Is there any rule that requires all folks to be back in town to win the game, or can Mandy be off wandering when we close the 6th gate?
You can be anywhere. Remember though that to get through the gate you will have to either Evade or Fight any monsters guarding it. In this case, the Flying Polyp that is probably going to kick the shit out of you or use enough of your clues that you would not be able to seal a gate. Just a heads up.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So we have a couple of flyers in the streets eh? Think it would be a good idea if i step out w/ my sword and whack em a few times? Kind of getting tired shopping...plus might help clear the crap. Or...i can go shopping...again.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Barely hanging on to the egde of sanity, I think Ill take a leisurely stroll to Arkham Asylum. Ill of course take the path of least resistance, avoiding all monsters and use the relationship card for the extra movement point, if needed. It looks like my path should be Miskatonic U. > Merchant Dist. > Downtown > AA
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Player turn order:
2. redrun - ?
5. Newcastle - ?
6. rshetts2 - Headed to the Asylum
7. Qantaga - ?
8. RMC - ?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote: 7. Qantaga - ?

Oops. Sorry.

Thinking...
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Qantaga wrote:
Remus West wrote: 7. Qantaga - ?

Oops. Sorry.

Thinking...
pffft. You have about 6 months before I have any room to talk. :oops:
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I *think* what I'll do is go to the Asylum, pay $2, and bump my Sanity up to 4.

My reasoning is that I'm currently at 3 Sanity and would go insane if I use the Flute. By bumping it back up to 4, I'll be free to use the Flute as needed next turn.

If anyone sees anything more effective for Gloria to be doing this turn, please advise.

Stats will be:

Speed/Sneak: 4/0
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 3/3
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I think I should be like this after the horror:

8. pyperkub - Darrell Simmons
Spoiler:
Sanity: 1/4
Stamina: 6/6
Gate Trophies:
Monster Trophies:
Ghoul : toughness 2
Formless Spawn : toughness 3

Money: $2
Clues: 4
Skills:
Speed: +1 Speed - When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die

Common Items:
Lucky Cigarette Case - $1
Any Phase: Discard Lucky Cigarette Case to re-roll any one skill check.

.38 Revolver - $4
1 Hand
Physical Weapon
+3 to Combat checks

Unique Items:
Holy Water $4
Magical Weapon - 2 hands
+6 to Combat checks (discard after use)

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship Card:

Special:
Retainer:
Upkeep
gain $2 then roll a die. Discard this card on a 1.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 3(+1)/2
Fight/Will: 5/1
Lore/Luck: 1/3
Though I'm still trying to backtrack and figure out where my SAN went. Did I lose 2 to the Horror of the Formless Spawn, and 1 to the Ghoul (I have to find the ghoul page).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Any suggestions for the 'ole Magician. It looks like I have monsters to fight on my spot..But I think I need to sneak away... It does not look like I have much in the way of firepower right now..
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Am thinking of moving to merchant square and wave my sword around.

Also wonder if i could pass off any of my doodads off to anyone.

Oh, when do we adjust our stats?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:Oh, when do we adjust our stats?
During this time period.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well If I can I want to sneak away from the monsters, and go to ye old magic shop.

But move my slider to Speed 2/ Sneak 4.

With only 1 sanity, I can't cast spells without ending up in the asylum. But if I have to, I have my trusty saber to fight in melee..

:)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote:Well If I can I want to sneak away from the monsters, and go to ye old magic shop.

With only 1 sanity, I can't cast spells without ending up in the asylum. But if I have to, I have my trusty saber to fight in melee..

You go last. If someone were feeling helpful they could try and clear the monsters out for you. :ninja:
redrun

Post by redrun »

Mandy:

Adjust stats:
S/S stays at 4/2
F/W stays at 2/3
L/L from 4/0 to 3/1

Move to French Hill Street, Miskatonic University, Library
[/quote]
Sufficient I am to the day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
RMC wrote:Well If I can I want to sneak away from the monsters, and go to ye old magic shop.

You go last. If someone were feeling helpful they could try and clear the monsters out for you. :ninja:
Anyone wanna help a magician out? Hmmm...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

STATS

bump fight to highest

(not sure what they are right now)

Movement - head to merchant district and wave my big, fat sword all around
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:STATS

bump fight to highest

(not sure what they are right now)

Movement - head to merchant district and wave my big, fat sword all around
If you are going to use your sword, can I have your dynamite in case I meet anything scary on the other side?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i'd prefer not, since most likely i'll be giving this sword up after this turn and going back to my shopping ways.

I've kind of thought the dynamite as my get out of jail free card. You do have weapons on you though right? I think i have anoter magic sword on me you can have. You can have anything but fatty (the big magic sword) and my dynO-MITE.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Common Items:
Dynamite - 2 hands - $4
Physical Weapon
+8 to Combat checks (discard after use)
(her get out of jail free card)

Unique Items:
Enchanted Blade - $6
1 hand
Magical Weapon
+4 to Combat checks

Sword of Glory - $8
2 hands
Magical Weapon
+6 to Combat checks

Spells:
Intervene - 2 hands
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost 2
Any Phase: Cast and exhaust before an investigator makes a Combat check to give that investigator +3 to the check

Find Gate
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost: 1
Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.
As I said, I am just doing this to serve as a distraction and hope to get the flyers off the board since everyone else seems a bit busy w/ movements, healing, gate sealing etc.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It actually might make sense to give the dynamite to somebody because using it would only give you two extra combat dice beyond what you get with big fatty sword (since you can't use both). So it might make sense for somebody who gets less dice with their usual weapon to have it. But just a thought.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Actually that is perfect. If you can give me the enchanted sword and the find gate spell, I'm defintitely cool with that. That should be enough to see me through any meddlesome monster that pops out in the netherworld.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bump? I'm wondering if I should simply admit that my long layoff killed the majority of interest in this game and pack it in. Due to the nature of the game being a coop thing if there are any players who would rather I continue and finish this game we can do that easily enough by having the group make the decisions for those who wish to drop.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm going to give this one more day before deciding that I sucked the life out of the game and cleaning it up.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Remus West wrote:Due to the nature of the game being a coop thing if there are any players who would rather I continue and finish this game we can do that easily enough by having the group make the decisions for those who wish to drop.

It looks like there may still be some interested in powering through the end game, just to see our chances. (Well, at least we've had a handful of posts in the past three weeks ;)) I'd like to see some sort of resolution, even if Remus just rolls it out on his own. Or maybe some of our more seasoned vets could take the reins for us (of course, I'd still do my best to manage Gloria).

Although, I'm fine with packing it up and we can boast as if we won. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm here, just waiting to see what happens by my turn, since I go last...Or I am going to just sneak... :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I'm still good to go. I want to see if my crazy plan is going to work. :wink:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm interested, I just have no decisions to make ATM since I'm advancing in another dimension.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm still in, just got sucked away by the steam sale and I'm in a bit of a sticky wicket in arkham...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sounds like players wish to keep going then. :D

Game still on then.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Player turn order:
2. redrun - Give Joe cash and end up at the Library
5. Newcastle - Move into the Merchant District and wave his sword around.
6. rshetts2 - ?
7. Qantaga - Headed to the Asylum to get some head shrinking
8. RMC - Trying to sneak past the monsters and get to the Magic Shoppe

I believe this is where things currently stand. If I am wrong about your intentions please let me know.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I believe I am advancing in Plateau of Leng, not returning from. But I could be wrong.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Are you guys preparing for the birthday party for this game?