Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Pyperkub

Re: Arkham - Processing Movement and Battle

Post by Pyperkub »

bump :wub:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Bump for the end of basketball season

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:Bump for the end of basketball season

Epic 4g/Tapatalk
Bump for the real end...Do I hear Easter on the way? Maybe a good time for thread rebirth?

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Pyperkub wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:Bump for the end of basketball season

Epic 4g/Tapatalk
Bump for the real end...Do I hear Easter on the way? Maybe a good time for thread rebirth?

Epic 4g/Tapatalk
Yeah, its going to be at least a week from Sunday as I have way to much to do this week and I leave town until then early Friday morning. Rest assured that I have not forgotten nor misplaced my notes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Just checking in :pop:

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I believe the next official holiday is Memorial Day so Im looking at the end of May for an update. Of course its possible that our updater is a commie fascist and doesnt believe in celebrating Memorial Day so that would push us out to Labor Day, since clearly July 4th wouldnt be an option either. Therefore, Id expect an update the first week of September.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No true Commie would skip May Day.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Memorial day is now on the horizon ;)

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

You know you don't have to write the pretty stories, right? Just give us the results in quick format.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Alright, I have finished everything else I needed to get done this weekend. Except this. and grading. and cleaning my house. and....alright, fine. I'll be honest. I pretty much did not do shit except brood all day today so nothing got done. Except grocery shopping because I went to make a sandwich and found mold on my bread. Its been a bad day. Anyway, I'm going to get this done this week. No promises on the day but it will get done.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/queue creepy music
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:Anyway, I'm going to get this done this week. No promises on the day but it will get done.
This is my favorite part, because otherwise we would totally be counting on this promise. :)
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:Anyway, I'm going to get this done this week. No promises on the day but it will get done.
This is my favorite part, because otherwise we would totally be counting on this promise. :)
/clinton voice on
Depends what the definition of "this week is"...

/clinton voice off
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Maybe he meant this week next year.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Arkham Update - OMG. Are you serious? Is it really happening

Post by Remus West »

Enlarge Image

Time works differently in the other worlds and the impact can be felt in Arkham. What in reality was mere moments seemed to last for months. Yet time, unlike a mind, can not be broken and the clock of the universe kept ticking away towards the day of the great old one's awakening. Only the intrepid handful of souls that knew the truth worked to slow this day. Well, them and the mod who kept allowing other things to interfere with his duties here.

In the interest of getting this back up and running today (and due to the fact that I usually cut and paste stuff from my PMs to each player, PMs that no longer exist in my sent box) I am going to post a bare bones update of where we are after the last action and then post the next Mythos phase. Please double check the OP for everything regarding your character to be sure you have what you think you should have.

RMC - Dexter Drake - Uses Elder Sign to Seal gate at the Woods. This removes the Dark Young from the board.

bb2112 - Harvey Walters - Uses Healing Stone. Gives Stone and Spells to Gloria. Gets $2 from Gloria. Goes to Curiosity Shoppe. Gives $7 to Jenny. Gets Keys and Tomes from Jenny.

redrun - Mandy Thompson - Moved to French Hill and give Cig case to Darryl. Move to Witch House. Encounter bubbly room which has no real impact.

Pyperkub - Darryl Simmons - gets Cig case. Move to Merchant District. Give Gloria $2. Get Revolver from Gloria. Move to Rivertown to fight Formless Spawn using Holy Water. Fails Horror (-2). Eventually beats up the Spawn and takes it as a trophy.

El Guapo - Ashcan Pete - Advances in the plateau of Leng where nothing much is going on right now.

Newcastle - Jenny Barnes - Gets cash and gives away trinkets then goes shopping. Buys big ass sword.

rshetts2 - Joe Diamond - Go through Merchant District on way to French Hill. Give Gloria Dynamite. Gets Spells from her. Discard Spells to discard Rumor gaining 2 Clue tokens for everyone.

Qantaga - Gloria Goldberg - Give $2 to Harvey. Get Spells and Stone from Harvey. Get Dynamite from Joe and give him the Spells. Dive revolver to Darryl. Move to Uptown Streets and use Dynamite to off the Gug taking him as a trophy.

check your player's stats and possessions please.
Last edited by Remus West on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:shock:
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Newcastle wrote:HMM OK, let me pick another outlandish date....

ok, so I bet we are still in this game come July 4th!

Who's willing to place a gentleman's wager?
Heh.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Heh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was only, only 9 days away...so so so so close...but yet so far...but he still might not update...the above is a summary....there is still hope!
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, the bet appears to be just that "we are still in this game" on July 4th, so that's looking pretty good.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Heh.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was only, only 9 days away...so so so so close...but yet so far...but he still might not update...the above is a summary....there is still hope!

What are you talking about? You already won. You say that we will still be in this game by the 4th of July, not that we would still be on this turn. Unless something really crazy happens, I don't see us finishing in the next week and 2 days.
Remus West

Re: Arkham - next round

Post by Remus West »

Lodge Member Held for Questioning!
Headline
A Silver Lodge ritual lets 2 Monsters loose in the French Hill Streets.
Dark Young
Chthonian
(Mod note: :shock: That is gonna hurt)

Environment (Mystic) - still in effect
Ghouls, Formless Spawns, Shoggoths, and Flying Polyps have their toughness increased by 1.

Gate opens at:
Black Cave

Clue appears at:
Hibb's Road House

Monsters appear:
Black Cave:
Flying Polyp
Shoggoth

Monster Movement:
White: Circle
Blakc: Square, Diamond

Shoggoth moves to Rivertown Streets
Mi-Go moves to Rivertown Streets

Player turn order:
1. bb2112
2. redrun
3. Pyperkub
4. El Guapo
5. Newcastle
6. rshetts2
7. Qantaga
8. RMC

Monsters:
Sky:
Nightgaunt - med
FireVampire - med/low

Graveyard:
Ghost - threat medium/high
Cultist - medium (4 toughness currently)

Woods:
Elder Thing - med
Warlock - high (5 toughness currently)

Black Cave:
Flying Polyp - Holy crap don't mess with me

Rivertown Streets:
Shoggoth - high
Mi-Go - low

Terror Level - 1
Doom Track - 1/12
Gates: 2/5
Black Cave - Another Dimension +0 to close/seal checks - Square
Graveyard - Plateau of Lang - 1 to close/seal checks - diamond - Blood Gate
Seals: 4/6 needed for win.

As the Mythos Phase is the end of the previous turn we must resolve the headline before proceeding. That means Joe Diamond must fight the Dark Young and Chthonian before we move further. Good luck, Joe. You're going to need it. Which monster would you like to face first?

Dark Young:
Physical Resistance
Nightmarish 1
+0 to Horror checks 3 Sanity Damage on failure
-1 to combat checks 3 Stamina Damage on failure
4 toughness (3 +1 due to Old One)

Chthonian:
-2 to Horror checks 2 Sanity Damage on failure
-3 to Combat checks 3 Stamina Damage on failure
4 toughness (3 +1 due to Old One)

PM sent to rshetts2 regarding this unfortunate turn of events.

Enlarge Image
Map may be altered if Joe loses his fight.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

PMs sent to all players to alert them of the update due to it being such an amazingly rare occurrence.
redrun

Post by redrun »

July 4th, huh?

Vague memories and a quick glance at the board lead me to think:

We've got four of six gates closed.
We've got someone coming back this upcoming turn to close one.
We've got BB2112 waiting to run into the newly opened one (and I think he is in range with no monsters in the way).
Next turn BB2112 has something that allows him to jump right on back, close the gate, win the game.

I think we make the the July 4th deadline. Nothing left to stand in our way that I can see. :wink:
Sufficient I am to the day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Gulp..Well at least I go last... :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Why do I get the feeling I've become cthulian enemy #1? Oh yeah:

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I do have a big ass sword on me (+6 or 8 i think).... i can come in and swing that thing around. Who knows i might hit something.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Pyperkub wrote:Why do I get the feeling I've become cthulian enemy #1? Oh yeah:

The mi-go should be easy enough. Then, depending on what you get for killing that (you get a unique item rather than keeping it as a trophy) you may have a shot at the Shoggoth.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Well people I am screwed, glued and tatooed. I guess my best bet is to try to take out the dark young. Hopefully I get him before the Chthonian totally crushes me. Is there any chance I can get some kind of help before I become monster chow? I am so out of the sequence of things due to our time delay I have no idea what my options are.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

rshetts2 wrote:Well people I am screwed, glued and tatooed. I guess my best bet is to try to take out the dark young. Hopefully I get him before the Chthonian totally crushes me. Is there any chance I can get some kind of help before I become monster chow? I am so out of the sequence of things due to our time delay I have no idea what my options are.
You do have a lot of clues and get 2 dice per clue you spend so you have that going for you.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

redrun wrote:July 4th, huh?

Vague memories and a quick glance at the board lead me to think:

We've got four of six gates closed.
We've got someone coming back this upcoming turn to close one.
We've got BB2112 waiting to run into the newly opened one (and I think he is in range with no monsters in the way).
Next turn BB2112 has something that allows him to jump right on back, close the gate, win the game.

I think we make the the July 4th deadline. Nothing left to stand in our way that I can see. :wink:
I can't make it to one of the gates. They are both 4 away and my max move is 3. And I go first. I have a crap ton of tomes. I was thinking about reading this turn and getting some spells.
stessier

Post by stessier »

:binky: 4 months to move the game along and you're going to sit down and read. Bravo! :P :binky:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote::binky: 4 months to move the game along and you're going to sit down and read. Bravo! :P :binky:
Well, I am a professor. It is what I do, you know. :P
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle, you are with me at the Curiosity Shoppe, right?

If so, give me the find gate spell.

Find Gate
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost: 1
Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.

I can use it in conjunction with my Key

Key of Tawil At'Umr - $6
You cannot be delayed
Movement: If you are in Arkham, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to move to the Other World of your choice. If you are in an Other World, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to return to Arkham.

So I can use the key to go out to an other world, then use the find gate spell to immediately come back. And I have 6 clues I can use to close a gate.

Remus, I assume if I use the Key that it uses up all my movement? Then I would have to use the Find Gate next turn, or can I do it all in the same turn? And once I come back, I do have the ability to attempt to close a gate, right? Just want to make sure this is all legal. Do I have to wait until NC gives me the spell, or can I take it from him on my turn? And if so, can I immediately use the key this turn?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:Well people I am screwed, glued and tatooed. I guess my best bet is to try to take out the dark young. Hopefully I get him before the Chthonian totally crushes me. Is there any chance I can get some kind of help before I become monster chow? I am so out of the sequence of things due to our time delay I have no idea what my options are.
You do have a lot of clues and get 2 dice per clue you spend so you have that going for you.
I'm going to go ahead and process this with you fighting the Dark Young first and then facing the Chthonian.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

BB - uhm sure...unless no one else has any other ideas to work with.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Remus, I assume if I use the Key that it uses up all my movement? Then I would have to use the Find Gate next turn, or can I do it all in the same turn? And once I come back, I do have the ability to attempt to close a gate, right? Just want to make sure this is all legal. Do I have to wait until NC gives me the spell, or can I take it from him on my turn? And if so, can I immediately use the key this turn?
Item can be traded freely whenever you are in the same location as another player.

The Key does not use movement points but it does end your movement phase. Thus you would not be able to trigger the key and cast Find Gate in the same turn.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Joe Diamond turns just in time to see two monstrous figures burst from the Silver Twilight lodge and come charging into the street. Quickly he realized he was standing in their way but knew he couldn't just dive out of the way and allow those things to rampage through Arkham. If only his arm would obey and draw his damned .45. Finally his gun clears the holster and he begins firing. Bullets fly through the air a ricochet off the first monster before a lucky shot seems to hit it in some sort of flammable gland an it bursts into ash, disappearing in the cloud of char left behind. Blinking the sparks from his eyes Joe continues to load and fire as rapidly as he can. On his last magazine he hears the sound he had been dreading, the click of the empty chamber. Steeling himself for the blow he stares down at the final beast as it takes one last step his direction then falls dead at his feet. Wiping sweat from his eyes he holsters his guns and wonders where he can get some more ammunition.
Spoiler:
Joe versus the Dark Young:
Nightmarish 1
Physical Resistance
Endless (from Old One)
Horror check: 1 die
2 fail spend clue token 2,2 fail. Use Bravery to reroll: 2,3,5 success -1 Sanity due to Nightmarish ability
Combat: fight 4 + .45 (+4)/2 + Derringer +2/2 - 1 = 6 dice
5,3,3,3,2,2, Clue 3,1 Clue 6,5 Clue 3,5
4/4 needed Dark Young Defeated

versus the Chthonian:
Horror: no dice
Clue 6,6 success
Combat: 4 + 4 + 2 - 3 = 7 dice
5,3,3,4,5,3,4 Clue 3,4 Clue 2,6 Clue 1,3 Clue 4,6
4/4 needed on final possible die roll
Chthonian defeated and taken as trophy
Remus West

Re: Arkham - next round

Post by Remus West »

Lodge Member Held for Questioning!
Headline
A Silver Lodge ritual lets 2 Monsters loose in the French Hill Streets.
Dark Young
Chthonian
(Mod note: :shock: That is gonna hurt)

Environment (Mystic) - still in effect
Ghouls, Formless Spawns, Shoggoths, and Flying Polyps have their toughness increased by 1.

Gate opens at:
Black Cave

Clue appears at:
Hibb's Road House

Monsters appear:
Black Cave:
Flying Polyp
Shoggoth

Monster Movement:
White: Circle
Blakc: Square, Diamond

Shoggoth moves to Rivertown Streets
Mi-Go moves to Rivertown Streets

Player turn order:
1. bb2112
2. redrun
3. Pyperkub
4. El Guapo
5. Newcastle
6. rshetts2
7. Qantaga
8. RMC

Monsters:
Sky:
Nightgaunt - med
FireVampire - med/low

Graveyard:
Ghost - threat medium/high
Cultist - medium (4 toughness currently)

Woods:
Elder Thing - med
Warlock - high (5 toughness currently)

Black Cave:
Flying Polyp - Holy crap don't mess with me

Rivertown Streets:
Shoggoth - high
Mi-Go - low

Terror Level - 1
Doom Track - 1/12
Gates: 2/5
Black Cave - Another Dimension +0 to close/seal checks - Square
Graveyard - Plateau of Lang - 1 to close/seal checks - diamond - Blood Gate
Seals: 4/6 needed for win.

Enlarge Image

Turn is now advancing as the fight is over. Please plan your actions.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Remus, I assume if I use the Key that it uses up all my movement? Then I would have to use the Find Gate next turn, or can I do it all in the same turn? And once I come back, I do have the ability to attempt to close a gate, right? Just want to make sure this is all legal. Do I have to wait until NC gives me the spell, or can I take it from him on my turn? And if so, can I immediately use the key this turn?
Item can be traded freely whenever you are in the same location as another player.

The Key does not use movement points but it does end your movement phase. Thus you would not be able to trigger the key and cast Find Gate in the same turn.
Sweet! Ok, I take the Find Gate spell from NC. On my turn, I can trigger a tomb, then the key, and go all other worldly this turn. Use the Find Gate spell next turn come back and try to seal a gate with my clues.

Does anyone see a flaw with this plan?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Oh, and GO RHETTS2!!!