redrun

Re: Arkham - Has been updated!!!

Post by redrun »

Mandy:

Adjust stats:
S/S from 3/3 to 4/2
F/W stays at 2/3
L/L from 3/1 to 4/0

Move to French Hill Street, hand cig case to Darrell Simmons. (Here sir, I don't smoke.)
Move to The Witch House, pick up clue, have an encounter. A good one please.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

DSim:

Speed/Sneak: 3(+1)/2
Fight/Will: 5/1
Lore/Luck: 1/3

Keep Stats as is.

Accept cig case, as I'm jonesing after my fight with... well whatever it was.
Move to Miskatonic University>Merchant District

Donate $2 to Gloria(?) for handoff to Jenny - "Get me something special to kill these cursed things! There's some-THING in Rivertown - I heard it and am going after it!"

Move from Merchant District to Rivertown to make the Formless Spawn a Spawn-less Form using my Holy Water.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
redrun

Post by redrun »

El Guapo wrote:Well, I'm advancing in the Plateau of Leng, then. I'll also shift my Fight from 4/3 --> 5/2, so my stats are now:

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 3/3
Fight/Will: 5/2
Lore/Luck:2/1
redrun wrote:
Mandy:

Adjust stats:
S/S from 3/3 to 4/2
F/W stays at 2/3
L/L from 3/1 to 4/0

Move to French Hill Street, hand cig case to Darrell Simmons. (Here sir, I don't smoke.)
Move to The Witch House, pick up clue, have an encounter. A good one please.
Pyperkub wrote:DSim:

Keep Stats as is.

Donate $2 to Gloria(?) for handoff to Jenny - "Get me something special to kill these cursed things! There's some-THING in Rivertown - I heard it and am going after it!"

Move from Merchant District to Rivertown to make the Formless Spawn a Spawn-less Form using my Holy Water.
1. RMC - Dexter Drake - returning from R'Lyeh in the Woods
2. bb2112 - Harvey Walters -
3. redrun - Mandy Thompson - Handing cig case to Darryl, going to Witch House
4. Pyperkub - Darryl Simmons - Moving to Merchant District to fight the Formless Spawn.
5. El Guapo - Ashcan Pete - Advancing in Plateau of Leng
6. Newcastle - Jenny Barnes -
7. rshetts2 - Joe Diamond -
8. Qantaga - Gloria Goldberg -

Any other moves that I've missed?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I think I'm pretty close on figuring out what I want/need to do this round. As stated earlier, since my move depends on Q and Newcastle, was waiting to hear from them before confirming.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

tell me what you need me to do guys.

Shopping? Fight monsters? Act as a depot to pass off stuff?

Not too sure what's the most beneficial to the group. I know we have a ton of monsters out right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote:tell me what you need me to do guys.

Shopping? Fight monsters? Act as a depot to pass off stuff?

Not too sure what's the most beneficial to the group. I know we have a ton of monsters out right now.

I'm kinda in the same boat as New. I'm not sure exactly what you all need me to do.

There has been a lot of good discussion.

I am more than happy to act as courier and fight, as needed.

It seems like this is the general idea:
redrun wrote::)
bb2112 wrote:Ok, how about this?
5. I use the key to jump to another world. Can I immediately use the spell to come back on the same turn and close a gate? And if so, which gate should I target?

6. That leaves Q with 4 spells to deal with the rumor.

How does this sound?
I just realized the hole in our plan. There are two gates open. RMC comes back to close one this turn, El'G comes back to close one next turn. Probably not a good time to be jumping to the other world.

A quick look around - RMC has an elder sign (his gate should close), El'G has six clues, Joe Diamond has seven clues, you have six clues... we've got enough folks to close gates lined up. We only need to get one more of you through a gate.

We need to reduce the monster level. I've not thought this completly through but:
You pass stuff to Q, and go get what you need to from NC, so as to be set to jump into other world next turn. You might also want to use your stone and leave it behind for Joe to grab. He's our faster figher (and one of the best), but could use something to help keep sane.
Joe Diamond runs through Q, grabs all the spells, drops off the dynamite with Q, heads to French Hills, dispells rumor.
Q runs over and kills the Gug outside the woods with the dynamite.
RMC comes back to the woods and closes the gate and is stuck with a bunch of monsters (but is safe this turn).
Next turn Q runs into the woods (he'll go before RMC) and either fights all his monsters, or plays his flute to get rid of them.
P'kub gets the cig case from me, and informs the formless spawn to unspawn.
Mandy... Mandy pertends to have something to do beyond supplying a reroll to someone else.

I am glad to go along with this plan.

If redrun and/or others can confirm that this is the final plan (or any tweaks to it), I'll adjust my stats and be ready to roll.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
redrun

Post by redrun »

Qantaga wrote:
Newcastle wrote:tell me what you need me to do guys.
It seems like this is the general idea:
redrun wrote::) A quick look around - RMC has an elder sign (his gate should close), El'G has six clues, Joe Diamond has seven clues, you have six clues... we've got enough folks to close gates lined up. We only need to get one more of you through a gate.

We need to reduce the monster level. I've not thought this completly through but:
You pass stuff to Q, and go get what you need to from NC, so as to be set to jump into other world next turn. You might also want to use your stone and leave it behind for Joe to grab. He's our faster figher (and one of the best), but could use something to help keep sane.
Joe Diamond runs through Q, grabs all the spells, drops off the dynamite with Q, heads to French Hills, dispells rumor.
Q runs over and kills the Gug outside the woods with the dynamite.
RMC comes back to the woods and closes the gate and is stuck with a bunch of monsters (but is safe this turn).
Next turn Q runs into the woods (he'll go before RMC) and either fights all his monsters, or plays his flute to get rid of them.
P'kub gets the cig case from me, and informs the formless spawn to unspawn.
Mandy... Mandy pertends to have something to do beyond supplying a reroll to someone else.

I am glad to go along with this plan.

If redrun and/or others can confirm that this is the final plan (or any tweaks to it), I'll adjust my stats and be ready to roll.
I think this is a workable plan. I think it just leaves something for Newcastle/Jenny to do. We've got two monsters in the street, both are being handled. We've got two gates open - both have someone moving through, one should close this turn, one should close next turn. We expect a gate to open at the end of this turn, but Harvey/bb2112 will be waiting with a jump through a gate item and six clues. If the gate is close enough to him next turn, he moves through normally and comes back the following turn - so, best case, we win on the second turn following this one. We've got Joe Diamond clued up as a backup if we need someone else to go after gates, and hopefully start working on keeping him sane via the passing of the stone from bb2112.

If bb2112 is passing money to Newcastle, I think Newcastle might want to keep on shopping. The two monster fights are the last two folks moving, so we won't clear a street to get after monsters in locations until next turn - but Q will be standing by with a flute that can handled all monsters in one location, and Rshetts2 will be waiting outside the door of the other location. The items Newcastle has gotten via shopping have made a big difference, so perhaps he'll find one that is useful even if we are near endgame.

I'm open to suggestions, but I think that we're mostly on top of things (even with that last monster rush). Anyone see something that others are overlooking?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

cool thanks...just you had gone into early machinations at the start of hte day and i never really caught up and dont want to screw with your planning.

One thing I have to do is pass spells to Qantaga right?
Bayraktar!!!!

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Newcastle wrote:cool thanks...just you had gone into early machinations at the start of hte day and i never really caught up and dont want to screw with your planning.

And pickup cash that I'm dropping off for you with q/Gloria. I need a persistent magic weapon at some point too if you can get another. You'll also need to cap a monster if you can if it looks like the Old One will awaken.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:DSim:

Keep Stats as is.

Donate $2 to Gloria (Q) for handoff to Jenny (Newcastle) - "Get me something special to kill these cursed things! There's some-THING in Rivertown - I heard it and am going after it!"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Pyperkub wrote:
Newcastle wrote:cool thanks...just you had gone into early machinations at the start of hte day and i never really caught up and dont want to screw with your planning.

And pickup cash that I'm dropping off for you with q/Gloria. I need a persistent magic weapon at some point too if you can get another. You'll also need to cap a monster if you can if it looks like the Old One will awaken.
I believe i have a magic sword then right now. Unless someone else is claiming it.

I am going to gamble that we are going to beat the Old one prior to his awakening, and keep on shopping. If it looks as if it will not happen, will hunt down some critters just in case.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

a repost of the doodads i currently have
Newcastle wrote:
Common Items:
Dynamite - 2 hands - $4
Physical Weapon
+8 to Combat checks (discard after use)

Ancient Tome $4
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore(-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 spell and discard Ancient Tome. If you fail, nothing happens.

Unique Items:
Key of Tawil At'Umr - $6
You cannot be delayed
Movement: If you are in Arkham, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to move to the Other World of your choice. If you are in an Other World, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to return to Arkham.

Cultes Des Goules - $3
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore(-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and gain 1 Clue toekn, but lose 2 Sanity and discard Cultes Des Goules. If you fail, nothing happens.

Enchanted Blade - $6
1 hand
Magical Weapon
+4 to Combat checks

Spells:
Intervene - 2 hands
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost 2
Any Phase: Cast and exhaust before an investigator makes a Combat check to give that investigator +3 to the check

Find Gate
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost: 1
Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

My sliders don't ever seem to update, but my Speed / Sneak are 3/2 from 2 turns ago.

1. I use my Healing stone to get back my one stamina loss.

2. I have 2 spells, I pass them both to Q. I also give Q the healing stone.

3. Go to Curiosity Shoppe. I give $5 to NC.

4. I get the key from NC and the spell Find Gate. I will also grab the tombs if everyone is good with that. I don't lose the sanity on using them, and I need to replace the spells I gave away. Especially if I get an encounter in the other world.

5. That leaves me poised and ready to jump to the next open gate with 6 clues.

6. That leaves Q with 4 spells to deal with the rumor.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I go SHOPPING!
Bayraktar!!!!

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Q/Gloria & New/Jenny Any chance Q wants to give me the revolver and pick up the sword? That would get me a persistent weapon, at the cost of the Indiana Jones role playing...

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hey, I just noticed something. Q, want to give me your $2 so I can pass it off to NC for shopping along with my $5? Don't really see a reason for you to keep it, do you?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:2. I have 2 spells, I pass them both to Q. I also give Q the healing stone.
6. That leaves Q with 4 spells to deal with the rumor.[/color]

I'm rushing out the door, but will be back this evening. I'll post my official stats and movement this evening during the Denver/New England game.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Hey, I just noticed something. Q, want to give me your $2 so I can pass it off to NC for shopping along with my $5? Don't really see a reason for you to keep it, do you?

I don't mind passing over the $2. However, if I do use the flute in the turn after this one, it will put me down to 2 San / 1 Stam, so I might need some cash for the hospital and asylum.

I suppose it's best for me to hand over the cash now, then ask for contributions for healing, if the need arises.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Pyperkub wrote:Q/Gloria & New/Jenny Any chance Q wants to give me the revolver and pick up the sword? That would get me a persistent weapon, at the cost of the Indiana Jones role playing...

I don't mind making the trade off. I suppose that, if I use the dynamite this turn and the flute next turn, I'll be avoiding combat for the near future.

If you have more need of the revolver, then you're welcome to it.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:6. That leaves Q with 4 spells to deal with the rumor.

Just for clarification, I thought Joe Diamond (rshetts2) was going to pass through and grab the 4 spells from me to deal with the rumor, while I head to Uptown to blast the Gug?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:
bb2112 wrote:6. That leaves Q with 4 spells to deal with the rumor.

Just for clarification, I thought Joe Diamond (rshetts2) was going to pass through and grab the 4 spells from me to deal with the rumor, while I head to Uptown to blast the Gug?
If that is what you want to do with the spells, I'm cool with that. At least someone has the spells to deal with it. As far as healing, I just gave you a healing stone. That should help.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Im fine with grabbing the spells and dealing with the rumor.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I think this is my plan:

Stats:

Speed/Sneak: 4/0
Fight/Will: 3/2
Lore/Luck: 3/3

- Pass $2 to bb2112 (Harvey Walters)
- Take spells from bb2112
- Get healing stone from bb2112
- Take Dynamite from rsetts2 (Joe Diamond)
- Give spells to rshetts2
- Give revolver to pyperkub (Darrell Simmons)
- Get $2 from pyperkub

(Provisional: If I come in contact with Newcastle/Jenny, pass over my cash and get the sword).

Move to Uptown and use the Dynamite on the Gug.

If some of our planners of this turn (redrum, bb2112, pyperkub, etc.) can take a look and make sure I'm not missing something, I would be grateful.
Last edited by Qantaga on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Take $2 from pyperkub/Darrell. Give revolver to pyperkub/Darrell. Give cash to Jenny/Newcastle, get sword from Jenny/Newcastle.

I think.

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Pyperkub wrote:Take $2 from pyperkub/Darrell. Give revolver to pyperkub/Darrell. Give cash to Jenny/Newcastle, get sword from Jenny/Newcastle.

I'm not sure I'll be in the same area as Jenny/Newcastle. I think bb2112 is going to take my $2 up to Newcastle.

Maybe you can give your $2 directly to bb2112, if you're passing by him at any time during the turn. Otherwise, if he's already gone, I can take it and try to meet Newcastle in a couple turns to get the sword.

I adjusted my orders in my previous post above.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I go before all you guys so I can't grab pypercubs stuff.
Modify my turn to include getting Q's $2 and giving it to NC along with my $5 for shopping.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Redrun or Remus, can either of you post what our turn is so far, or at least what is necessary to get us to finish this one? I think we are close. I would do it, but I'm out of town and my computer time is limited. Thanks!
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Ok I guess Ill keep my stats as is. Ill be moving through the Merchants district to pass off my dynomite to Qan while picking up the spells. I will then move on to French Hill and discard said spells to dispel the rumor.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Look for the summary later this morning (hopefully). I'm intending to post what we have right now (I think all orders are in) and run the update tonight.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

obvioously did not happen. I should be able to find time to get it done this afternoon but doubt I will get to update tonight so I'll try and get orders posted then aim to update Friday.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So in other words we should expect an update after the next major holiday which you'll have free time.....so that means Feb 15th? :wink:
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:So in other words we should expect an update after the next major holiday which you'll have free time.....so that means Feb 15th? :wink:
Its true. I have sucked at getting this updated AND I will have free time the 14th of February.
Sad but true.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hey, you guys skipped right over Groundhogs day!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:Hey, you guys skipped right over Groundhogs day!
He said major. Plus I have a date for Groundhogs day. With your mom. Cost me a full nickle too.
:horse:
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

It's Groundhog Day tomorrow... :pop:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Pyperkub wrote:It's Groundhog Day tomorrow... :pop:
Yeah, and bb2112's mom canceled on me but I still have volleyball. I'll shoot for this weekend as I don't have to work this weekend. And have no dates.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:It's Groundhog Day tomorrow... :pop:
Yeah, and bb2112's mom canceled on me but I still have volleyball. I'll shoot for this weekend as I don't have to work this weekend. And have no dates.
i think i might open up bets that it will be the 15th when things get updated. PM me your wager guys.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I will take the over on that action.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think this is where we are at:

Player turn order:
1. RMC - Dexter Drake - returning from R'Lyeh in the Woods

2. bb2112 - Harvey Walters - Use Healing Stone. Pass Stone and Spells to Gloria (Q). Get $2 from Gloria. Go to Curiositee Shoppe. Give Jenny $7 (NC). Get Key and Tomes from Jenny. I assume you then encounter the space as you will have no cash to shop.

3. redrun - Mandy Thompson - Move to French Hill and give Darryl Cig Case. Move to Witch House

4. Pyperkub - Darryl Simmons - Get Cig case. Move to Merchant District. Give Gloria $2. Get Revolver from Gloria. Move to Rivertown to fight Formless Spawn using Holy water.

5. El Guapo - Ashcan Pete - Advancing in Plateau of Leng

6. Newcastle - Jenny Barnes - Buy stuff

7. rshetts2 - Joe Diamond - Go through Merchant District on way to French Hill. Get Spells from Gloria. Give Dynamite to Gloria. Discard Spells in French Hill to discard Rumor.

8. Qantaga - Gloria Goldberg - Give $2 to Harvey (bb). Get Spells and Stone from Harvey. Get Dynamite from Joe (rshetts). Give Spells to Joe. Give revolver to Darryl. Move to Uptown Streets and fight Gug with Dynamite.

Edit: I PM'd this to everyone that has decisions to make (in other words, everyone not advancing in/from another world). When I receive confirmation this is correct I will process the turn. After Friday I know but I'm ahead of the 15th. thus far.
rshetts2

Re: Arkham - Awaiting Confirmation

Post by rshetts2 »

That works for me.