Stamina: 6/6
Gate Trophies:
Monster Trophies:
Cultist - toughness 2
Zombie - toughness 2

Money: $0
Clues: 8
Skills:
Fight : +1 Fight When you spend a Clue token to add to any Fight check add one extra bonus die.

Common Items:
Cross - 1 hand - $3
Magical Weapon
+0 to Combat checks
(+3 if Opponent is Undead)
+1 to Horror checks - does not need to be used in fight to gain this bonus

Rifle - 2 hands - $6
Physical Weapon
+5 to Combat checks

Unique Items:
Ruby of R'lyeh $8
Movement: you get 3 extra movement points

Staff of the Pharaoh - 2 hands - $5
Magical Weapon
+3 to Combat checks
Any Phase: Exhaust to cast 1 Spell as if both your hands were free.

Spells:

Allies:
Duke : +1 Maximum Sanity - Discard to immediately restore your Sanity to its maximum.

Relationship Card:
Collectors : After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains 1 or more Common or Unique Items (from any game effect other than this card), the other may draw a random card of the same type and purchase it for full list price.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 3/3
Fight/Will: 4/3
Lore/Luck:2/1
2. Newcastle - Jenny Barnes
Spoiler:
Sanity: 4/6
Stamina: 4/4
Gate Trophies:
Monster Trophies:
Money: $4
Clues: 2
Skills:
Marksman : Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Combat check

Common Items:
Dynamite - 2 hands - $4
Physical Weapon
+8 to Combat checks (discard after use)

Unique Items:
Enchanted Blade - $6
1 hand
Magical Weapon
+4 to Combat checks

Sword of Glory - $8
2 hands
Magical Weapon
+6 to Combat checks

Spells:
Intervene - 2 hands
Casting Modifier: -1
Sanity Cost 2
Any Phase: Cast and exhaust before an investigator makes a Combat check to give that investigator +3 to the check

Find Gate
Sanity Cost: 1
Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.

Allies:

Relationship Card:
World Ain't Big Enough For Us
If you or your partner is in an Other World location, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 to that check. If the Ancient One has awakened this card may not be used.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 3/1
Fight/Will: 3/3
Lore/Luck:4/2
3. rshetts2 - Joe Diamond
Spoiler:
Sanity: 1/4
Stamina: 4/6
Gate Trophies:
Plateua of Leng/Dreamland -2

Monster Trophies:
Chthonian toughness 4

Money: $3
Clues: 0
Skills:
Bravery : Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Horror check

Common Items:
.45 Automatic - 1 hand - $5
Physical Weapon
+4 to Combat checks

.18 Derringer - 1 hand - $3
Physical Weapon
+2 to Combat checks
(Derringer can not be lost or stolen unless you choose to allow it)

Unique Items:

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship Card:
Fellow Travelers
Either you or your partner may exhaust this card to gain +1 movement point.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 5/2
Fight/Will: 4/1
Lore/Luck:2/1
4. Qantaga - Gloria Goldberg
Spoiler:
Sanity: 5/6
Stamina: 3/4
Gate Trophies:
Monster Trophies:
Byahkee : toughness 2
Nightgaunt : toughness 3
Gug : toughness 4

Money: $2
Clues: 3
Skills:
Sneak: +1 Sneak When you spend a Clue token to add to any Sneak check, add one extra bonus die.

Common Items:
Bullwhip - 1hand - $2
Physical Weapon
+1 to Combat checks
any phase: Exhaust to re-roll 1 die after making a Combat check.

Unique Items:
Flute of the Outer Gods $8
Any Phase:
Lose 3 Sanity and 3 Stamina and discard the Flute of the Outer Gods before making a Combat check to defeat all monsters in your current area. This does not affect Ancient Ones.

Healing Stone - $8
Upkeep: Exhaust to gain 1 Stamina or 1 Sanity.
Discard this card if the Ancient One awakens

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship Card:
Friendly Rivals
Between you and your partner, the investigator with fewer monster trophies gains a +1 on Combat checks, and the investigator with the fewest Gate trophies gains a +1 on Fight or Lore checks to close Gates. There is no effect in the case of ties.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 4/0
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 3/3
5. RMC - Dexter Drake
Spoiler:
Sanity: 1/5
Stamina: 4/5
Gate Trophies:
The Abyss/R'lyeh -4

Monster Trophies:
Maniac - 2 toughness
Dimension Shambler - 2 toughness

Clues: 3
Skills:
Luck: +1 Luck When you spend a Clue token to add to any Luck check add one extra bonus die

Common Items:
Cavalry Saber - 1 hand - $3
Physical Weapon
+2 to Combat checks

Unique Items:

Spells:
Shrivelling - 1 hand
Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to gain +6 to Combat checks until the end of this combat

Wither - 1 hand
Casting Modifier: +0
Sanity Cost: 0
Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to gain +3 to Combat checks until the end of this combat.

Find Gate
Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.

Allies:

Relationship Card:
Business Associates
After the initial setup, any time you or your partner gains $1 or more (from any game effect other than this card) the other gains $1

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 4/2
Fight/Will: 2/2
Lore/Luck: 3/2
6. bb2112 - Harvey Walters
Spoiler:
Sanity: 7/7
Stamina: 3/3
Gate Trophies:
Split gate Yuggoth/Another Dimension

Monster Trophies:
Clues: 6
Skills:
Expert Occultist: Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Spell check

Common Items:
Ancient Tome $4
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore(-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 spell and discard Ancient Tome. If you fail, nothing happens.

Unique Items:
Key of Tawil At'Umr - $6
You cannot be delayed
Movement: If you are in Arkham, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to move to the Other World of your choice. If you are in an Other World, discard Key of Tawil At'Umr to return to Arkham.

Cultes Des Goules - $3
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore(-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and gain 1 Clue toekn, but lose 2 Sanity and discard Cultes Des Goules. If you fail, nothing happens.

Enchanted Knife - $5
1 Hand
Magical Weapon
+3 to Combat checks

Zanthu Tablets - $7
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 5 Spells, choose 1 to keep, and place the rest on the top or bottom of the spell deck in any order. Then discard the Zanthu Tablets. If you fail, lose 1 Sanity.

Book of Dzyan - $3
Tome
Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass, draw 1 spell, lose 1 Sanity, and put 1 stamina token from the bank on the book of Dzyan. If there are 2 stamina tokens on it, discard the book of Dzyan. If you fail, nothing happens.
Currently: 0 stamina tokens

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship card:
The Best of Friends
If you and your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 1/4
Fight/Will: 2/1
Lore/Luck: 5/2
7. redrun - Mandy Thompson
Spoiler:
Sanity: 5/5
Stamina: 5/5
Gate Trophies:
R'Lyeh

Monster Trophies:
Money: $6
Clues: 11
Skills:
Will: +1 Will When you spend a Clue token to add to any Will check, add one extra bonus die.

Common Items:
Axe - 1 hand - $3
Physical Weapon
+2 to Combat checks
(+3 instead if your other hand is empty)

Unique Items:
Gate Box - $4
Any Phase: When you return to Arkham from an Other World, you can return to any location with an open gate, not just those leading to the Other World you were in.

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship Card:

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 3/3
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 3/3
8. pyperkub - Darrell Simmons
Spoiler:
Sanity: 3/4
Stamina: 6/6
Gate Trophies:
Monster Trophies:
Ghoul : toughness 2
Formless Spawn : toughness 3

Money: $2
Clues: 4
Skills:
Speed: +1 Speed - When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die

Common Items:
Lucky Cigarette Case - $1
Any Phase: Discard Lucky Cigarette Case to re-roll any one skill check.

.38 Revolver - $4
1 Hand
Physical Weapon
+3 to Combat checks

Unique Items:
Holy Water $4
Magical Weapon - 2 hands
+6 to Combat checks (discard after use)

Spells:

Allies:

Relationship Card:

Special:
Retainer:
Upkeep
gain $2 then roll a die. Discard this card on a 1.

Current Stats:
Speed/Sneak: 0/0
Fight/Will: 0/0
Lore/Luck: 0/0
Arkham Horror Rules

Lurker at the Threshold Rules

Investigators

Text in spoiler tags is to keep the length of the post managable. Feel free to read it at will.

Now some copy and paste from Gryndyl's last game:

The original game board can be found here. Requires a boardgamegeek account, which you should probably go ahead and get if you don't have one as they're pretty awesome :D

Board Quick Reference Guide:
Spoiler:
These are the locations that give you a choice between encountering the space or a card:

Administration: Classes: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $8 to draw 2 Skills. Keep one of them and discard the other.

Arkham Asylum: Psychiatric Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover Sanity by receiving psychiatric care. You may either regain 1 Sanity for free, or pay $2 to restore your Sanity to its maximum value.

Bank of Arkham: Receive a loan of $10. Upkeep: Roll a die. On a 1-3, pay $1 or discard all of your items along with this card. You cannot get another Bank Loan this game.
Any Phase: Pay $10 to pay off your Bank Loan and discard this card. You may choose to take out a new Bank Loan later on during this game.

Curiositie Shoppe: Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Unique Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

General Store: Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Common Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

Ma's Boarding House: Recruit: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to take 1 Ally of your choice from the Ally deck.

River Docks: Shady Character: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain $5.

Police Station: Deputized: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to become the Deputy of Arkham. Take the Deputy of Arkham card (comes with free gun and police car!).

Science Building: Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 Clue tokens.

South Church: Blessing: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to have any investigator you choose be Blessed.

St. Mary's Hospital: Medical Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover Stamina by receiving medical care. You may either regain 1 Stamina for free, or pay $2 to restore your Stamina to its maximum value.

Ye Olde Magick Shoppe: Magic Lessons: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $5 to draw 2 Spells. Keep one of them and discard the other.
Rules Specific to an 8 player game:
Spoiler:
-There can be a maximum of 5 gates open at a time. If there are 5 gates open and another one tries to open then the Old One will awaken.
-The monster limit is 11. Any monsters in excess of 11 go to the Outskirts and go towards raising the terror level. However, the Outskirts limit is zero. In other words, each monster over the limit of 11 causes the terror level to go up a point. If the number of monsters on the board manages to hit 22 then the Old One awakens
-Whenever a new gate opens on an unstable, unsealed location it spawns two monsters instead of one.
-Considering that the maximum number of allowable gates is less than the number of players, monster surges will spawn 8 monsters (equal to number of players). This is definitely something to keep in mind as if there are already 3 or more monsters on the board this is going to cause the terror level to increase, possibly quite significantly
Feel free to begin selecting Investigators. As the Lurker expansion does not provide any new investigators please keep an eye on the chart to be sure you are selecting one from the base game. Calvin Wright is not an option either - I have no idea what the NA means for him but I assume he was a promo.

Now for the fun question: Do you guys want to use the Herald? :twisted:
Rules for the Herald

Now appearing as your very own Ancient One..........Shub-Niggurath.

I am not going to use the Herald as I had forgotten I used both my card tables to do this last time and I loaned one out for an undetermined amount of time and thus only have one. No Herald means slightly less set up area needed which is key right now.

Relationship Cards - for the purposes of this game your partner will be the player that follows you in turn order. Thus player 2 is player 1's partner and so on. You gain the benefit of your own card and the card of the player behind you in turn order (thus player 2 benefits from his own and from player 1's while player 1 benefits from his own and from player 8's.).

turn 1 start
turn 2 start
turn 3 start

Basic Map
Enlarge Image
Last edited by Remus West on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 41 times in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Re: Arkham - next round

Post by El Guapo »

I'm interested. I don't know any of the expansions (other than the Goat of the Woods, or whatever that was called from the last game), so I'm fine with whichever expansions. Ideally I'd like it to be possible to win. :)
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

in...not as if i am playing anything else atm...since well i was the night 1 snack.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm interested and the Lurker is pretty good.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Count me in!

My only Arkham experience is here at OO, so I don't know the expansions, but I'm very happy to play any iteration.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am in. I love this game, but my gaming group hates it. So I have the pretty boxes that collect dust.

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

If you need a player, I will play, but consider me last. I am quite the novice, I have only played once or twice (the basic game) and that was over a year ago.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

We promise not to Lynch you on day 1 bb. :) Honest...
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
redrun

Post by redrun »

It's been a while, but I think it will all come back easily - I'm interested. I did a quick glance at the last game (I should read it through, as there are lots of rule clarifications in it), and the time commitment looks fine.

bb2112 - we won't lynch you turn one. Promise!

You'll probably die or go insane from the monsters.
Sufficient I am to the day.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

No worries. :D

My biggest reason for tentatively playing was trying to remember the rules. Then I got smart and downloaded them. Since I don't have any other OO game going at the moment, I have time to read them before the game begins.

I can officially be singed up now.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote: I can officially be singed up now.
I meant signed up! That is not an invitation!

Is there such a thing as Freudian slip while typing?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:
bb2112 wrote: I can officially be singed up now.
I meant signed up! That is not an invitation!

Is there such a thing as Freudian slip while typing?

Oh, man, and here I thought we might be playing the Karaoke expansion (translating optimistically as "sing-ed," not singed (burned)). :)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:

someone is looking to be courted
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:No worries. :D

My biggest reason for tentatively playing was trying to remember the rules. Then I got smart and downloaded them. Since I don't have any other OO game going at the moment, I have time to read them before the game begins.

You're welcome. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Interested, but I'm fairly n00bish. I only have the basic pack, and have played 2-3 solo missions (running 3 detectives).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:You're welcome. :twisted:
Grrrrrr :binky: :binky: :binky: :binky: :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

updated players in op. We have one vote for Lurker expansion and no other mentions. Anyone have an expansion they would like to try? I don't have the maps for Innsmouth or Dunwich but the mini expansions are all good to go.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga wrote:
Oh, man, and here I thought we might be playing the Karaoke expansion (translating optimistically as "sing-ed," not singed (burned)). :)
Oh, and if you guys heard me sing, you would kill me faster than a day one lynch in a princess bride WW game.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:updated players in op. We have one vote for Lurker expansion and no other mentions. Anyone have an expansion they would like to try? I don't have the maps for Innsmouth or Dunwich but the mini expansions are all good to go.
I am fine with whatever. All the expansions are okay with me.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Looks like youve filled up, but if there is room or a spot open, count me in.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:updated players in op. We have one vote for Lurker expansion and no other mentions. Anyone have an expansion they would like to try? I don't have the maps for Innsmouth or Dunwich but the mini expansions are all good to go.
i would prefer an expansion where we arent made the old sleeping ones bitch in the first few turns....like the last one you ran.
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Newcastle wrote:
i would prefer an expansion where we arent made the old sleeping ones bitch in the first few turns....like the last one you ran.
Oh yeah..that sucked. But we almost won that one! If it wasn't for those pesky old ones!
redrun

Post by redrun »

No real preferences. With such a wide, smart, and steller group of players (as compared to two or three folks trying to figure everything out) we should go for the most difficult expansion, since we're sure to beat it, right? Bring on the old one, we'll send him back to his eternal grave.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Redrun 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

rshetts2 wrote:Looks like youve filled up, but if there is room or a spot open, count me in.
Take my slot. I've been in at least two of these, as well as several IRL games. I'd much rather someone get a shot at getting into the experience than being left out and having to wait for the next one.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:Looks like youve filled up, but if there is room or a spot open, count me in.
Take my slot. I've been in at least two of these, as well as several IRL games. I'd much rather someone get a shot at getting into the experience than being left out and having to wait for the next one.
Thanks Isgrimnur, thats very generous of you. Ive only played once ( the last one on OO ) but I had a lot of fun even with the Old One slapping the I Win! button at the end ( and we still almost pulled it off ). I certainly dont want to bump anyone though, so if you really wanted to play, go for it. Otherwise, I would be happy to fill in.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bump due to OP edit. Start choosing. Also, answer the question at the bottom of the OP or I will assume everyone said "yes". :twisted:
RMC

Post by RMC »

I would like Dexter Drake if everyone else is fine with that.

Also - the herald expansion is <gulp> fine with me if everyone else wants it. :)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm fine with the Herald, although I've never played it, so I'll defer to the more experienced players' opinions, in that regard.

I have a busy day at work ahead of me, but I should be able to select my investigator at lunch or, worst case, by late afternoon today.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

The herald thing is going to be interesting but Im not real enamored with the -1 to gate closing rolls rule. Oh what the hell, the chance for more monster surges just means more trophies.

Ill give Joe Diamond a try.
Last edited by rshetts2 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I will play Harvey Walters.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'll be ol' "Ashcan" Pete, just ridin' the rails and lookin' for a place to call home.

Also per his scrounging ability, when I'm drawing from the decks I can draw from either the top or the bottom, and I can always look at the bottom of the deck. As far as I can tell I can use this when I'm drawing my initial item and skill cards, right?

As for the Herald, I'm torn. I'd like to have a realistic shot at winning, but the Dark Pact cards look kind of fun. So I'll go with whatever the majority thinks on that (which sounds like pro-herald largely).
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:Bump due to OP edit. Start choosing. Also, answer the question at the bottom of the OP or I will assume everyone said "yes". :twisted:

your one sadistic mofo aintcha.....NO...i want an easy stroll in the partk version of AA....not some remus is hell bent on trying to torture, kill and eat our lunches type of AA.

/rant off

how bad does it impact things?

from my brief read through...it seems to only add negative things....

I REALLY REALLY dont like....
They Shall Break Through Again

Investigators receive –1 to all Fight and Lore checks to close or seal Gates.

so unless someone sells me on the upside...i say NO, NO, NO
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I will play Harvey Walters.
Be aware that his Sanity Loss reduction does not alter Sanity spent (ie casting spells).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

oh i shall play monterrey Jack....

unless, we need someone else...i was also thinking of maybe being the Doc or Sister Mary ...why those two...meh dont know....

the author gloria looked interesting, but her abilities seemed underwhelming.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: the author gloria looked interesting, but her abilities seemed underwhelming.
I'm a n00b, but her special ability looks pretty good to me. The Other World encounters can be pretty awful (but can also give some nice benefits), and you need to go through them to close/seal gates. Being able to cherry pick Other World encounters therefore seems like a pretty good ability therefore.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I will play Harvey Walters.
Be aware that his Sanity Loss reduction does not alter Sanity spent (ie casting spells).
Yep I read that. But don't stop keeping the advice coming. I'm new at this too.

I was torn between taking this guy and the doc. With all the monsters we are going to have quickly overrunning the board, I was thinking the doc would be a good character to have around. So I'm hoping someone picks him up.
redrun

Post by redrun »

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote: the author gloria looked interesting, but her abilities seemed underwhelming.
I'm a n00b, but her special ability looks pretty good to me. The Other World encounters can be pretty awful (but can also give some nice benefits), and you need to go through them to close/seal gates. Being able to cherry pick Other World encounters therefore seems like a pretty good ability therefore.
The normal divide of labor that I'm used to in Arkham:

Someone has to kill monsters - if we ever fail to keep on top of this, we'll lose quickly.
Someone has to gather clues, close/seal gates. Gloria's abilities make her excellent for this.

Looking at previously picked characters (Dexter Drake, Joe Diamond, Harvey Waters, Ashcan Pete, Monterrey Jack) We've got a fairly strong team of fighters (with the Gangster being the one other fighter that it would be nice to see), but we're short on gate closers.

That said, please welcome Mandy Thompson to the group.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'd be willing to switch to Gloria if people want. From her name she also seems likely to be a member of my people, which is a nice bonus.
Black Lives Matter.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:Now for the fun question: Do you guys want to use the Herald? :twisted:
Rules for the Herald
What an interesting little fellow! Loves to make deals with players that give the players good stuff...

with just a few minor catches:
Any time a gate opens (may get bad or good, slanted towards bad),
If we face the old one at the end of the game, it's likely to be harder to kill (due to allies).

I say, throw him in! What's the Worse that could happen?