OOWL Game 1 OVER

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:You are wrong. I waited, and was not around to place the final vote... Small game, not a ton of time to place the vote.
Why did you not place the N-2 vote when you had ample opportunity based on your own two posts???
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:You are wrong. I waited, and was not around to place the final vote... Small game, not a ton of time to place the vote.
Why did you not place the N-2 vote when you had ample opportunity based on your own two posts???
I was waiting for anyone to counter the seer decree. <sigh> You have it in for me so, not sure why I am even trying to let you know I am not a wolf. Why are you trying to put me as the wolf so bad? Because I asked a question that I still don't think was dumb, and I would do it again. I think it was silly to have Grund with his experience allow himself to get killed without offering his opinion on more than just one player. <shrug> Maybe I am wrong, but that is my reasoning.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by theohall »

I have to correct my prior statement. You could have placed the N-1 vote, but you didn't even though you claim you thought pr0ner was a wolf, multiple times. The flaw is in your failure to vote in combination with this current lame defense.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:I have to correct my prior statement. You could have placed the N-1 vote, but you didn't even though you claim you thought pr0ner was a wolf, multiple times. The flaw is in your failure to vote in combination with this current lame defense.
Yeah whatever... If everyone lynch's me, please take out Theo next. It is not a lame defense it is the truth, but you might not understand what that is.

Theohall 

Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:I have to correct my prior statement. You could have placed the N-1 vote, but you didn't even though you claim you thought pr0ner was a wolf, multiple times. The flaw is in your failure to vote in combination with this current lame defense.
Yeah whatever... If everyone lynch's me, please take out Theo next. It is not a lame defense it is the truth, but you might not understand what that is.

Theohall 

That's all??? No reason for not voting when you could??? Wolf.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Theohall 

Are you stupid? I already told you why I didn't vote. WTF, are you reading my posts, or just calling me wolf to cover for yourself?

Here let me quote so you don't have to hurt yourself looking over the posts, the mouse might be too difficult for you to figure out:
RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
I was waiting for anyone to counter the seer decree. <sigh> You have it in for me so, not sure why I am even trying to let you know I am not a wolf. Why are you trying to put me as the wolf so bad? Because I asked a question that I still don't think was dumb, and I would do it again. I think it was silly to have Grund with his experience allow himself to get killed without offering his opinion on more than just one player. <shrug> Maybe I am wrong, but that is my reasoning.
So did you just miss this, or do you want to try to make something out of what I already answered. You can choose not to believe me, but really I answered your question.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Have to add, if I am wrong, lynch me or Qantaga next.
theohall

Re: Re: Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Theohall 

Are you stupid? I already told you why I didn't vote. WTF, are you reading my posts, or just calling me wolf to cover for yourself?

Here let me quote so you don't have to hurt yourself looking over the posts, the mouse might be too difficult for you to figure out:
RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
So did you just miss this, or do you want to try to make something out of what I already answered. You can choose not to believe me, but really I answered your question.
I didn't miss it. What I missed us you voting for a wolf whom you claimed was a wolf, with multiple opportunities.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:Have to add, if I am wrong, lynch me or Qantaga next.
Get ready to get lynched. Or if we are both Villagers, let's lynch someone else. You seem way to focused on me, and it has made me look only at you.

Let's both take a step back and look everything over, unless you really think I am just that much a wolf.
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
Get ready to get lynched. Or if we are both Villagers, let's lynch someone else. You seem way to focused on me, and it has made me look only at you.

Let's both take a step back and look everything over, unless you really think I am just that much a wolf.
Why are you so concerned about me being focused on you? What to you have to hide?? This is the crux of the issue. Your posts don't match that of a villager.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

theohall wrote:I am not the Seer

I was hoping you were the Seer and that Grund had bought us another scan.

It looks like Isgrimnur is the only one who hasn't checked in yet.

I have some ideas on the final wolf, but I'm going to do another readthrough in the morning.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've been following along, however. I've got no deep insights at the moment.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Why are you so concerned about me being focused on you? What to you have to hide?? This is the crux of the issue. Your posts don't match that of a villager.
hehehe...I am only concerned because I am a villager, not a wolf and Lynching me is one step closer to losing. But I have said my piece I am sure if you are not the wolf he is laughing his ass off.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I am not voting for Theo today. He was too instramental in nailing Pr0ner. If he is a wolf, then well played. And if we miss today, I may change my mind, but right now he has built up some credibility.

Theo, I agree RMC bears scrutiny. His not jumping on the Pr0ner vote is a little suspicious, but I would also think after Grund's declaration, a smart wolf would have been on the lynch train instead of trying to avoid it.

However, I think we need to nail a silent today. Q or Issy. The funny thing is, Q also avoided the train. That puts Issy as my number one, but my batting average this round has been aweful.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Being silent does not equal being a wolf. Isgrimnur and Q are both following their normal posting and voting patterns. Qantaga peaks my interest for the reasons mentioned before and isn't that silent. But RMC is considerably outside the way I've seen him normally act. Isgrimnur is likely a villager. If either you, bb2112, or Isgrimnur are the remaining wolf, well played.

We have two lynches left. Why not nab the most likely target now, instead of playing the "lynch the silents" card?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, quite honestly RMC is as good a choice as any. My only concern is if we miss and take a silent into the final days, it is going to make things really tough. But in reality, we only have to be right one more time.

RMC 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:Being silent does not equal being a wolf. Isgrimnur and Q are both following their normal posting and voting patterns. Qantaga peaks my interest for the reasons mentioned before and isn't that silent. But RMC is considerably outside the way I've seen him normally act. Isgrimnur is likely a villager. If either you, bb2112, or Isgrimnur are the remaining wolf, well played.

We have two lynches left. Why not nab the most likely target now, instead of playing the "lynch the silents" card?
Oh now you are an expert on me??? Well I am a villager. I suggest you look at what Theo is doing here, and ensure that you Lynch him next day as he really has not been cleared, but everyone seems to take his word that I look the most wolfish.

And BB, I am not a good a choice as anyone. Since when do we give silents a pass?? Hell it is easier to hide as a silent then as someone outspoken. As can be seen by the fact if I had not posted at all, would Theo even have chosen me to go after?

Flimsy I know, but at least it makes the point, on why would you ever suggest that it is okay to be silent.

Also- Theo consider some of my earlier posts that BB displayed some patterns that were wolfish. But since you are so focused on me you will nto consider anyone else, even though you are so very very wrong.
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:Being silent does not equal being a wolf. Isgrimnur and Q are both following their normal posting and voting patterns. Qantaga peaks my interest for the reasons mentioned before and isn't that silent. But RMC is considerably outside the way I've seen him normally act. Isgrimnur is likely a villager. If either you, bb2112, or Isgrimnur are the remaining wolf, well played.

Oh now you are an expert on me??? Well I am a villager. I suggest you look at what Theo is doing here, and ensure that you Lynch him next day as he really has not been cleared, but everyone seems to take his word that I look the most wolfish.

And BB, I am not a good a choice as anyone. Since when do we give silents a pass?? Hell it is easier to hide as a silent then as someone outspoken. As can be seen by the fact if I had not posted at all, would Theo even have chosen me to go after?

Flimsy I know, but at least it makes the point, on why would you ever suggest that it is okay to be silent.

Also- Theo consider some of my earlier posts that BB displayed some patterns that were wolfish. But since you are so focused on me you will nto consider anyone else, even though you are so very very wrong.
Why are you trying so hard to convince me otherwise? The innocent villager usually doesn't get lynched when they just say "I am an innocent villager." These long drawn out defenses usually indicate wolfitude, which is another reason you are first. You started being rather defensive the first time I mentioned something about you being a wolf.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:However, I think we need to nail a silent today. Q or Issy. The funny thing is, Q also avoided the train. That puts Issy as my number one, but my batting average this round has been aweful.
Your batting average would only get worse by taking a swing at me.

My normal is not quite tru1cy levels of posting, as I've had the leadership role beaten out of me. Every time I've taken an active role, I tend to get offed by my own team. So I have learned to keep a low profile and look to work from the shadows. Sometimes that works to our benefit when I can nudge the course of actions, but I do not drive. On occasions, this allows me to play a powered role and survive long enough to gain information, and yes, on occasion, it has allowed me to play a bad guy role to success. This is not one of those times in either case.

At this point, I'm tempted to vote RMC and then theo if he's wrong. Which I think has the ptential to hand the game to Qantaga, but them's the risks you take.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112 wrote:However, I think we need to nail a silent today. Q or Issy. The funny thing is, Q also avoided the train. That puts Issy as my number one, but my batting average this round has been aweful.
Your batting average would only get worse by taking a swing at me.

My normal is not quite tru1cy levels of posting, as I've had the leadership role beaten out of me. Every time I've taken an active role, I tend to get offed by my own team. So I have learned to keep a low profile and look to work from the shadows. Sometimes that works to our benefit when I can nudge the course of actions, but I do not drive. On occasions, this allows me to play a powered role and survive long enough to gain information, and yes, on occasion, it has allowed me to play a bad guy role to success. This is not one of those times in either case.

At this point, I'm tempted to vote RMC and then theo if he's wrong. Which I think has the ptential to hand the game to Qantaga, but them's the risks you take.
You know I am convinced Theo is not a wolf..But with me in his sights, I would prefer that after you lynch me, please go after Q first.

I think it could backfire too much on a wolf to go at me the way he is, knowing I am a villager. It takes a villager to go at me the way he is...

So  Withdraw Theohall 

Qantaga 

It's a meaningless vote, as someone will put the final nail in my lynch, but think why the hesitation from the other non voters, Theo and BB?

<shrug>
Remus West

Re: OOWL Game 1 Night 2 begun

Post by Remus West »

2. Qantaga -
3. Isgrimnur -
5. RMC - Qantaga
6. theohall - RMC
7. bb2112 - RMC

Majority is 3.

Votes:
RMC - 2 - theohall, bb2112
Qantaga - 1 - RMC
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If I place for Q, that leaves him as the only non-voter, which would likely push him to lynch RMC in self defense, regardless of persuasion.

Yeah, Q's a quiet one, but there's been ezmate reasons for his silence, iirc.

At this point, I'm getting buck fever, and just wanting stuff to move toward the end. Which doesn't bode well for someone on the cusp. I'll likely finalize a decision in the next three hours if nothing changes.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I could vote for Qantaga, but if he turns up villager, RMC is next.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:I could vote for Qantaga, but if he turns up villager, RMC is next.
hehe.. I really do think you are a villager Theo. I am not 100% sure on Q, but I know I am a villager, so it is a 25% chance, and 33% chance if I rule you out as well Theo.

So pretty good odds in my book.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Isgrimnur, I'll save you the trouble of having to decide.

I was trying to think things through (and yes, I have had a hectic week, though I have tried not to ezmate in this game, nor should my hectic week make any difference in anyone's decision about my playing a "quiet" game or not) and look at everyone's history in the game, especially given that we now know pr0ner's alignment.

However, RMC's behavior today has baffled me. So, I have reached a decision. It's going to look like a triggercut (and I'm sure it is to some extent) because he has voted for me. However, I am certain that I would come to the same conclusion, if he had pulled his vote from theo and put it on Isgrimnur, instead of on me.

I'll try to spell it out.

RMC, you are "convinced" that theohall is not a wolf (suddenly, after you mounted such a righteous attack on him so recently)? How can you be convinced of such a thing? An honest villager cannot truly know who is good and who is evil right now. We're all making the best guesses that we can. Unless you are suddenly claiming to be the Seer (which can't possibly be true because if you were, you would never have accused him in the first place), you shouldn't be "convinced" of anything right now.

I know you were in the Walk in Wolf Woods game. Are you willingly forgetting theohall's relentless attack on rshetts2 when theo was evil and rshetts2 was good?

Knowing that theo is relentless whether good or evil, how can you be "convinced" that he is not a wolf, just because he thinks you are a wolf and actively pursues that belief?

I had not seen you as particularly evil this entire game. However, your recent behavior has convinced me otherwise.

First, you try to pry night knowledge from Grund, when he had very deliberately spread out iocane powder and specifically asked that we all avoid tipping our hands. Then, you came in very defensively today against theo, after he accused you.

Now, when it looks like that strategy isn't working, you suddenly clear theo and, seemingly clear bb2112, too (which only a wolf would be able to do) and accuse Isgrimnur and I of being hesitant. How about commend us for being careful and not making any rash decisions. So, now you remove your previous "certainty" on theo and suddenly cast that "certainty" on me. It looks much more like you are a wolf trying to save your own neck (after a failed counter-attack strategy), than a villager truly trying to find the last wolf.

The one thing that I know for certain right now is that you are not helping secure a good victory. You are casting so much confusion, while backtracking and flailing around, that even if you are not a wolf, I would not want to entrust the good of the village to your decisions.

Your behavior today has given me enough confidence that you are a wolf, so much so, that I think we have just secured a good victory with your death.

So, since you don't want me to hesitate, I won't.

RMC 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I hope we're right on this.
RMC

Post by RMC »

He's not right, I am a villager... And who stalled... I am not convinced Theo is not evil, it jsut seems like it could backfire..

1 less villager for you all to buffer against.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

2. Qantaga - RMC
3. Isgrimnur -
5. RMC - Qantaga
6. theohall - RMC
7. bb2112 - RMC

Majority is 3.

Votes:
RMC - 2 - theohall, bb2112, Qantaga
Qantaga - 1 - RMC

Voting is closed
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

With fewer voices shouting to be heard this day went quickly and soon there was a sharpened stake rammed through RMC's heart. His last words were "dumb asses, that's for vampire's not werewolves." His final breath stretching the last s into what felt an eternity. Minutes passed. Then hours. Nobody moved. Nobody looked away from RMC's corpse. They each tried to avoid rubbing their eyes, afraid they would miss the moment RMC turned to wolf. They need not have worried. He would not change. RMC was human.

It is night.

Wolves, who will you kill
Seer, who will you scan?
theohall

Re: OOWL Game 1 Night 3 begun

Post by theohall »

Crap! :(
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Yeah, that sucks. I should have stuck to my guns on the silents. Doh!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Another long night...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The night had been long and the mod had a ton of things to do to get ready for the school day that he couldn't do because of computer and copier issues (stupid copier being my printer as well...grrrrrr). The village awoke to a dead theohall and a new note scrawled in blood. "Good thing there are so few of you left. I'm not certain I can eat another bite." It is day.

2. Qantaga -
3. Isgrimnur -
7. bb2112 -

Majority is 2.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 4 begun

Post by bb2112 »

Qantaga 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

As I'm not jumping on this vote to finish the game, I am obviously not the final wolf.

Now I just need to figure out if you're pushing to finish it as the wolf or trying to make sure that the wolf doesn't get a jump on you.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Interesting.

At least, I have the satisfaction of knowing that bb2112 is the second wolf, even before the final reveal.

I'm glad to see that you are now proven Isgrimnur.

I actually thought theohall was going to turn out to be the last wolf.

Isgrimnur, I don't envy you your choice. I would like to point out just a few things, though, since the game is on the line:

- Look back at Day 1 when trig thought bb2112 was evil. Trig was spot on with his intuition about bb. Now I realize that was the reason bb killed trig that first night, knowing trig can be relentless when he picks a target (see trig's campaign against Chaosraven in bb's Star Wars game).
- Look at how bb stayed off the Newcastle vote. pr0ner was already on, so it would be wise for one wolf to be on that vote and one to be off.
- Look at all the drama he stirred up about wanting to lynch triggercut (both before and after trig was killed). It made a very convenient setup for him to be able to hide behind a (false) theory that "trig's death cleared him because there's no way a wolf would kill the one they were going after so strongly in the thread."
- Look at how he killed pr0ner. The second wolf would want to make sure to be on the pr0ner kill.
- Look at how he put the second vote on RMC yesterday (game day) to get on early, just like he's doing with me today.

- Most of all, though, look at how he voted so quickly today, with no discussion at all. Only a wolf could be certain that he wasn't going to lose the game by placing a vote right as the day dawned. A villager would, by necessity, have some doubt about who the last wolf was, and, with the game on the line, I would hope a villager would be a little more cautious.

bb2112 is the last wolf.

bb2112 

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Qantaga wrote:Interesting
Agreed.

bb2112? Rebuttal?

:pop:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Oh, and I'll likely defer a decision to this evening after I've had time to go back and review the thread. So don't expect any resolution to the vote prior to 7 pm CDT.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

2. Qantaga - bb2112
3. Isgrimnur -
7. bb2112 - Qantaga

Majority is 2.

Qantaga - 1 - bb2112
bb2112 - 1 - Qantaga
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ah ha! I was right! Win or lose, I have that in my pocket.

Isgrimnur, I was after you all game. If you were the wolf, you would have killed me last night and not Theo. The fact that Theo is dead proves it is Q. At least that is my logic. Also, since we are listing points...

1. I have been out front all game, something a wolf wouldn't be. Look at my post count and how often I've made myself a target by stirring things up. Q has sat back. Which is the more wolfy behavior?

2. Q was not on the Pr0ner vote.

3. How many people said that Q was giving analysis and not saying anything? Others analysis, not mine. Up until recently, I didn't have Q high on my radar.

4. And finally, if I was the wolf, wouldn't I be better off sitting back and waiting to see if one of you would throw your vote somewhere and then quickly jumping on it?

And to answer Q about Trig, all I can say is that he and I were both misguided villagers when we went at it. We were both wrong, but it was early in the game. We didn't have any info back then and we were both stirring the pot. I was utterly confused on why the wolves chose to kill Trig, but now it makes sense as an end game argument.

I agree with Q in the fact that you have to make a tough choice that will decide whether we, as villagers, win or lose. Ultimately you can't prove anything by anything we post. I could be saying all of this to throw you off my trail, but let me assure you, I am a villager. Ignore our last couple of posts and look at our actions throughout the game. Then ask yourself, who is playing with caution, and who is playing to stir things up to get info?

Good luck!