OOWL Game 1 OVER

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

pr0ner

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 2 begun

Post by pr0ner »

Regardless of what the lynch turns up, the fact that you all bought Grund and Theo's pack of lies is absolutely pathetic.
Hodor.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

pr0ner wrote:Regardless of what the lynch turns up, the fact that you all bought Grund and Theo's pack of lies is absolutely pathetic.
If you turn up wolf, then it wasn't pathetic at all. If you turn up villager, then we were severly duped. I guess since you are not claiming villager, this may be a good turn out after all.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Still at work. Will try to get to this tonight. It does not take nearly as long as Arkham to update so should be done later without much problem.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 1 begun

Post by Remus West »

1. pr0ner - theohall
2. Qantaga -
3. Isgrimnur - pr0ner
5. RMC -
6. theohall - pr0ner
7. bb2112 - pr0ner
8. Grundbegriff - pr0ner

Majority is 4.

Votes:
pr0ner - 4 - theohall, Grundbegriff, Isgrimnur, bb2112
theohall - 1 - pr0ner

Voting is closed.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The villagers gathered across the green from the bloody message and began to discuss their options. theohall mentioned lynching pr0ner. Whoa, said Grundbegriff, let's take our time. Then suddenly, "Hey!" said Grundbegriff, "I'm down with lynching pr0ner." pr0ner looked at them through crossed eyes. "Are you really trying to lie my way into a noose?" "Nope, let's lynch you." "Nope." "Yep." "Nope." "Yep." "Nope." "Yep." "Nope." "Yep." "Nope." "Yep." "Nope." "Yep."
"Oh for crying out loud, I know he is a wolf, I'm the Seer." mumbled Grundbegriff. "Lies" "Nope" "Yep" "Nope" "Yep"
Finally Isgrimnur and bb2112 snuck up behind pr0ner and slipped a noose around his neck. Tossing the rope over a sturdy branch they quickly hoisted him into the air. While the echo of his snapping neck echoed around the village green they lowered his body to the ground. "Hmmm, I this should prove fun." mutter Grundbegriff. Isgrimnur just stared at him then at the rope burns on his hand. Then at pr0ner's unmoving corpse. Then his hands. Then Grund. Then the still unmoving corpse. He stormed over to Grund and shoved him hard. "You made us kill one of our own!" He shoved him again. And again. The third time Grundbegriff tripped over the wolf corpse lying beneath the sturdy tree branch and lay sprawling in the dust. The entire village stared at the corpse, rope still drawn tightly around its neck. pr0ner was dead.

2. Qantaga -
3. Isgrimnur -
5. RMC -
6. theohall -
7. bb2112 -
8. Grundbegriff -

It is night.
Wolves, who will you kill?
Seer, who will you scan?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

So then... this is very important:

Dear Remaining Wolf,

I am the Seer, so you no longer have freedom of choice. You must destroy me, because of the threat that I pose to your existence and the survival of your nefarious kind.

Killing elsewhere would be a blunder of the first order-- a colossal error.

You must slay me.

Happy hunting!
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: OOWL Game 1 Night 2 begun

Post by bb2112 »

Grund, if you are the seer, you killed the village.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:Grund, if you are the seer, you killed the village.
What do you mean?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Why did you say remaining wolf? We didn't get one, so there are 2 left.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:He stormed over to Grund and shoved him hard. "You made us kill one of our own!" He shoved him again. And again. The third time Grundbegriff tripped over the wolf corpse
Did I misread something, bb?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:He stormed over to Grund and shoved him hard. "You made us kill one of our own!" He shoved him again. And again. The third time Grundbegriff tripped over the wolf corpse
Did I misread something, bb?
Nope, I did. Doh, that will teach me to read a very important note while organized chaos is going around me. I couldn't wait until the kids were in bed to find out what happened, and I missed the very important and operative word "wolf."

My apologies, and well played. :D
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

bb2112 wrote:My apologies, and well played. :D
No problem. I don't really deserve the thanks. If things hadn't played out as they did at the start of the day, I might not have pursued such a gambit.

(btw, if you're a wolf faking uncertainty about lupine deaths, then a kudos to you, too.)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grund who is you likely guess as to the remaining wolf, as you will most likely not make it through the night?

Just to give us someone else to consider from you?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:Grund who is you likely guess as to the remaining wolf, as you will most likely not make it through the night?
It doesn't matter whether I make it through the night. ;)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:

After a long, wet day (thanks to Tropical Storm Lee) in the real world, this is excellent news to come home to in our little virtual village!
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

It is good to be right for once.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Shhhh. Wolf on the prowl.
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:Grund who is you likely guess as to the remaining wolf, as you will most likely not make it through the night?

Why is this lone wolf asking questions in the night? Trying to find a target?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

People should be keeping a low profile.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:

Really... yeah, your logic sucks.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:

And yet he just nabbed us a furball....
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:

Interesting that this furball is trying to use the same reasoning for me being wrong as the dead furball.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:

Interesting that this furball is trying to use the same reasoning for me being wrong as the dead furball.
Oh whatever, I am not a wolf I am a villager. Lynch me after the wolves kill whomever and see for yourself.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:Oh whatever, I am not a wolf I am a villager. Lynch me after the wolves kill whomever and see for yourself.
So you're pretty sure the wolf isn't going to kill you?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Grundbegriff wrote:
RMC wrote:Oh whatever, I am not a wolf I am a villager. Lynch me after the wolves kill whomever and see for yourself.
So you're pretty sure the wolf isn't going to kill you?
Why would he kill me? You guys are accusing me of being him. So if he kills me, he helps me prove my case and wastes a night kill. If he does not kill me, then you two are going to push for my lynch.

But maybe the wolf is dumb and he will kill me, which would prove my case I guess...
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

RMC wrote:But maybe the wolf is dumb and he will kill me, which would prove my case I guess...
Well, we're about to see how sharp the wolf is.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
RMC wrote:But maybe the wolf is dumb and he will kill me, which would prove my case I guess...
No kidding since a wolf would be really dumb to not kill an uncontested Seer. :roll:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
No kidding since a wolf would be really dumb to not kill an uncontested Seer. :roll:
Indeed.
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Which is what I pointed out and then suddenly I was pointed out as being the wolf.. <sigh>
theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Which is what I pointed out and then suddenly I was pointed out as being the wolf.. <sigh>
Why should the Seer answer questions at night for the potential remaining wolf? Seems liked bad play to me and a weak ploy by the remaining wolf to pick a target - the slow poke.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Shhhhh
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Let's not overplay the hand.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:coffee:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The night passed slowly and the natives were restless. Eventually bb2112 rolled over in his sleep and his hand landed in something warm. Waking as the warmth spread for an entirely new reason (fear of the FF squad the Mod shall draft against him tonight perhaps?) he looked at what he had set his hand into. The rest of the village came awake to his girly scream of terror. They all stared as bb2112 jumped up and down shaking his hand to try and get Grundbegriff's blood off of his fingers. Smeared into the dust was another bloody message "You will regret hurting my friend," it read. "I shall consume you all." "'Urp"
"Grund is dead?!" screamed Isgrimnur "What do we do?" screamed RMC "Why would they write the burp?" muttered Qantaga "I am a werewolf finding machine. I'll save us" stated theohall calmly stated. bb2112 just kept jumping up and down screaming and shaking his hand while completely ignoring the darkened area on the crotch of his pants. Grundbegriff simply lay there is small chunks on the ground. He was most certainly dead.
It is day.

2. Qantaga -
3. Isgrimnur -
5. RMC -
6. theohall -
7. bb2112 -

Majority is 3.

deadline is Tuesday 9/13 at 5:00 (because that is when I'm most likely to be able to check that day)
bb2112
End of Days

Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by bb2112 »

Nice.

Ok, I go to the bathroom to cry a while and collect myself. After taking a breather, and powdering my nose, I feel much better.

Remus, you dick, I'm so going to crush you in FF

Ok, Theo, Grund did his best to create doubt between you and him as the seer. If Grund wasn't the seer, and you are, Grund is my new hero. Either way, it was a pretty savvy play. That being said, are you the seer? And if so, did you scan someone last night?

Btw, nice job on Pr0ner. :D
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Nice.

Ok, Theo, Grund did his best to create doubt between you and him as the seer. If Grund wasn't the seer, and you are, Grund is my new hero. Either way, it was a pretty savvy play. That being said, are you the seer? And if so, did you scan someone last night?

Agreed.

<fingers crossed for a gift-wrapped Wolf #2 today>
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Re: Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by theohall »

Qantaga wrote:

Agreed.

I am not the Seer, but Qantaga or RMC are the best candidates. Will have to explain later when I have more time.
RMC

Re: Re: OOWL Game 1 Day 3 begun

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
Qantaga wrote:

Agreed.

I am not the Seer, but Qantaga or RMC are the best candidates. Will have to explain later when I have more time.
Why am I one of the best candidates? All I did was ask for Grunds list of suspects, not who he was going to scan. I still don't think that is a bad thing to ask of someone we all pretty much thought was going to get killed and surprise he did.

But whatever, I am not a wolf.
theohall

Post by theohall »

1) Neither RMC nor Qantaga voted for pr0ner.

Why didn't RMC vote for pr0ner after either of these posts?
RMC wrote:Yeah, I understand what you are looking towards, but what is Pr0ner's play in this? He keeps looking more and more wolf like to me, and he has not been on my radar at all...

<shrug>
This makes it look like he is trying to find a reason for pr0ner's play. Why does he need a reason if he suspects he is truly a wolf and why, then, did he not vote for pr0ner?
RMC wrote:Umm.. Does anyone dispute Grunds claim?

If not we should vote for Pr0ner.
No one had disputed the claim, yet there is still no vote from RMC. Why such hesitation?

Then during the night, RMC actually asks our "Seer" whom he suspects? This is a bad idea for the good guys, since it gives wolves the Seer's target if they choose not to kill the Seer in his place. This is questioned during the night and Grundbegriff ends up dead. Which makes it look like something Qantaga would do, because he is one shifty dude when playing evil.

2) I suspect Qantaga because he seemed to think pr0ner and I were working together to fool everyone. Yes, I have done this in past games by killing off partners to look good. However, that is not the case this time. Qantaga has been posting threat matrices essentially throughout this game. He never really said much about pr0ner, but it is interesting to note triggercut suspected something about Qantaga before he was killed:
Qantaga wrote:trig's death can be laid at quite a few feet:

1. bb2112: Near the end, trig seemed fairly well obsessed with bb.

2. Me: trig thought me suspicious because I was relatively quiet Day 1 and because he perceived me as jumping on "his" Newcastle vote.
Q pointing this out looks like an effort to say "See. I am not hiding anything."

So that will be where my votes go. Currently leaning more towards RMC due to his lack of action although twice suspecting pr0ner of being a wolf. Vote for the guy you suspect and remove the doubt. IMO, RMC's doubt as a relative newbie is what led to his reticence to vote and the night time questioning occurred because his partner is dead. Note - it is the combination of RMC's posts that lead to this accusation, not just the thing he references above.

RMC 

I could be wrong, and if so, Qantaga should go next - unless something crazy happens.
RMC

Post by RMC »

You are wrong. I waited, and was not around to place the final vote... Small game, not a ton of time to place the vote.

<shrug> I know it is a waste of my breath, but why are you free from doubt? We only had a single scan and that went towards pr0ner, so we have no idea who else here is a wolf or not.

I am not a wolf. I gave you my reasons for asking Grund, he is an experienced player, who knew he would most likely be killed once he reveled as the seer. So why not post who he thought was the second wolf?

We don't lose if you lynch me today, so lynch away, but when I come up villager if you lynch me, do not let Theo off the hook. He could be a wolf.

Don't wait for me at N-1, which is only one vote away as I have nothing else to add. I am not a wolf.