OOWL Game 2, Wolf Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: OOWL Game 2, Day 4

Post by Lassr »

idiots. well at least one of you...
i am at rhe hospital trying to type on this damn kindle.
not a wolf.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

isgrimnur 

why not. game over anyhow
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I hope it's nothing serious, Lassr. Good luck.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Game over, man, game over!
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The last day was a quick one. Lassr was hung from the neck til dead.

Night came. And, once again, the transformation didn't.

Lassr was villager.

And, with nothing to fear, the wolf Isgrimnur turned to Theo, grinned, and slaughtered him where he stood.

Wolves win.
Hodor.
theohall

Post by theohall »

:doh:
Last edited by theohall on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

You don't have to share my guess pr0ner. :oops:

I must say - Isgrimnur is screwed from a participation standpoint in the next few games. If he's active, he'll be lynched as a wolf. If he's quiet, he'll be lynched for not helping. :doh:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

bb2112 was the seer. His scans were lassr and RMC.

From the mod's POV, I still can't figure out why you all let Isgrimnur live. The signs were there, especially that post about not wanting to miss the game's conclusion.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote:You don't have to share my guess pr0ner. :oops:

I must say - Isgrimnur is screwed from a participation standpoint in the next few games. If he's active, he'll be lynched as a wolf. If he's quiet, he'll be lynched for not helping. :doh:
Yup, pretty much. I'll be out for game 3 if it starts in the next week anyway.
pr0ner wrote:From the mod's POV, I still can't figure out why you all let Isgrimnur live. The signs were there, especially that post about not wanting to miss the game's conclusion.
Which post was that? :?
Isgrimnur

Re: OOWL Game 2, Wolf Victory

Post by Isgrimnur »

Night 1

I can't not eat Grundbegriff.

Night 2

Since the consensus is that bb2112 is likely human, I believe I'll eat him.

Night 3

I'm going to eat Remus and hope that I can play theo off of lassr. I think I'm as good as dead come morning, but Remus already thinks the other two are innocent and his encouraging my play is going to back fire.

I think lassr will keep his laser-like focus on me, which I can attempt to play as the persecuted innocent.
Grund is just way too mouthy and prone to getting me killed, deserved or no. Even when he's all over the place, I tend to end up dead. :)

Everyone seemed to post something about how human bb2112 was, making him an easy choice to fly under the radar. Good thing I got him then, as he could have cleared lassr at least, and made my job even harder.

And Remus posted his thoughts before RMC's lynch and his beliefs that both lassr and theo were human, leading me to believe that I would have run out of good will for participation on the final day and ended up swinging.

And there was never any coordination between myself and trig. I had to run this one solo. Sorry, buddy.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I figured there was no way you would let theohall live because I thought it so obvious that he was innocent. When I was the night kill he jumped to the top of my wolf list because I couldn't picture a wolf not wanting him out of the way. Little did I know he was going to pave your way...... :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Re: OOWL Game 2, Day 3

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote: 8. theohall - Remus West RMC Isgrimnur RMC
I figured he was grasping at straws and, despite having voted for me yesterday, there was a chance he would go after lassr. I pondered dropping lassr and going with the whole "I'm being framed" aspect, but that didn't work too well for me last time I tried it.

A dead innocent only helps when it's covering my tracks for lack of evidence. A living innocent that's floundering or pointing in the wrong direction is helpful, but it's a risk that they flounder in your direction.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Well played Issy. I was thinking I had one more night and that you were going to go after Remus instead of me. At least that was what I was hoping. If you had, you would have been toast. I would have cleared Lassr and RMC, and would have went after you big time. I was 90% sure you were the wolf after I got back the all clear on RMC. The only reason why I didn't scan you earlier was because I thought you would be an easy sell to lynch, and that RMC, Lassr, and Theo were playing their more classical roles.

And why the hell do you guys want to lynch me every game? I'm out there in front every game and you guys let the silents go.

One last thought...
Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:And I've been anything but silent so far. :P
True. and new.
 Isgrimnur 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Isgrimnur wrote:Then he's going to love this.

I'm going in for surgery Friday morning at 6 a.m., and will likely have limited to no forum access during the weekend as I recover.

We have the deadline tonight at 9 (Eastern again, I assume). Depending on nighttime action, the denouement might run up against my absence, which I would like to avoid.
This is the post that set off alarm bells for me.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

pr0ner wrote:

I'm going in for surgery Friday morning at 6 a.m., and will likely have limited to no forum access during the weekend as I recover.

We have the deadline tonight at 9 (Eastern again, I assume). Depending on nighttime action, the denouement might run up against my absence, which I would like to avoid.
I think that's because you knew what he was. I just read that to say, if he was alive the next day, the end of the game might run up against when he was going to be gone.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, looking back, Remus was in and out on me.

I really didn't want to leave Remus around, as I figured he and Lassr would gang up on me if I dropped theo.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lassr didn't help with the way he kept pinging on you from the beginning.

Postscript - I thought a post Lassr made that likely indicated his innocence. The one where he say he thinks Isgrimnur was not the wolf. Well, if that were the case, knowing I am human, he would be pointing to himself as the wolf. :?: Unfortunately, this did not occur to me until well after the two votes were in. Doubly unfortunate, that actual post was Isgrimnur saying Lassr was not the wolf.
Isgrimnur wrote:I don't think Lassr is a wolf, just misguided in his earlier pursuit of me. I hate that any semblance of defensiveness in these games raises people's suspicions.
I probably should have gone back and read that again. Because if he didn't think Lassr was the wolf and I knew I was not the wolf, he told me he was the wolf with that post. Double :doh:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote:I hope it's nothing serious, Lassr. Good luck.

Wife had a colonoscopy. She's had colon problems for a few months and they found a cyst on her kidney during the cat scan. I've been a nervous wreck for a while waiting for some results (with exodor's recent tragedy in the back of my mind). Colonscopy turned out normal (she may have colitis). Now to have the cyst examined next week. So that's why my participation has been sporadic.

but I digress...

Nice to see I was right about Isgrimnur. That's 2 games in a row where my gut has turned out correct. Problem is convincing others over a gut instinct, that's a little more difficult.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stessier wrote:
pr0ner wrote:

I think that's because you knew what he was. I just read that to say, if he was alive the next day, the end of the game might run up against when he was going to be gone.
Oh, I'm aware that I had insider information. I did say "from the mod's POV" up above. ;)
Hodor.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Nice work, Isgrimnur. Congratulupinations!
theohall

Post by theohall »

This particular game was an excellent learning experience for me - especially the stuff between Lassr and Isgrimnur and the point about being certain who said what when it comes to the end. Haven't been in that position before.

Grundbegriff''s post about triggercut's differing actions from prior games really set off alarm bells and I am fortunate the rest of the crowd followed, instead of lynching me at the time. Which covers those two.

RMC - don't know what to say. Stuff just seemed off.

Lassr - thought the way he went after Isgrimnur was over the top in a way meant to deflect attention. Got that wrong.

Remus West - part of what I was doing was to see if the wolf would slip and follow with an early vote. Too bad it was the very experienced Isgrimnur, so my Day Three stuff was just stupid - even though it would have been right to stay on Isgrimnur. :oops: Having the argument along with the accusations, since I couldn't do anything privately, would continue the "bulldog" theme I have in these games, while I could attempt to gauge others reactions. Yes, the end of Day Three posts don't fit that profile, which wasn't my intent. Part of that was Monday Night drinking with a Tuesday hangover. (still haven't learned that lesson)

Scoop - should have withdrawn the votes when it was clear Scoop wasn't really paying attention. He always pays attention when he has any role of importance, whether good or bad.

bb2112 - too bad you died that night. If we hadn't all made you seem so Human, maybe we could have pulled this one out. The only problem, certain folks seemed convinced you were evil - other villagers who are good at making cases for these kinds of things.

Isgrimnur - well played, although the early reaction to Lassr could have gotten you killed had triggercut not been acting out of character from his normal engaged self. That was the only thing happening other than me getting run up to N-1, and that's where my accusation would have gone in a vain effort to stave off the lynch mob.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur's shields held up to the Lassr attack.

Hey I went hard after Unagi in the other game also, although I was evil in the end I wasn't at the time of the attack.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thanks, guys. It was fun, especially when no one really wanted to follow in lassr's frothy, drool-filled footsteps. :D

Happy thoughts to you and your wife, Lassr.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Isgrimnur wrote: Happy thoughts to you and your wife, Lassr.
++
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

+1
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I sent a post to pr0ner a few days ago saying I think it comes down between theohall & isgrimnur. Remus looked good and RMC was just quiet and unreadable.

theohall looked evil by his posts which in turn made me think he was NOT evil...if that makes any sense. I could not imagine him playing an evil role posting like he did. If he was it was either very ballsy or he was oblivious to how he looked.

It came back to Isgrimnur's reaction to my 1 vote on him and later when he said he didn't think I was a wolf (I felt an attempt at sucking up). But as I said the biggest thing that pointed at Issy was I could NOT imagine theohall playing evil the way he was playing. If theohall died last night I would have had to think about Remus since he's fooled me before. But if I lived & theohall lived then I was voting for Issy today. Alas I never got the opportunity until it was too late.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Huge job by Isgrimnur.

I'm off to dinner right now, but I'll calculate points from the first two games and post.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
theohall

Post by theohall »

triggercut wrote:Huge job by Isgrimnur.

I'm off to dinner right now, but I'll calculate points from the first two games and post.
Please... save that for Monday. ;)
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Scores are posted.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

BTW, I'm quite pleased that the fact that it took an hour and 9 minutes for me to go from 0 votes to 5 on day one resulted in a village loss. Gave Isgrimnur a ready-made target list. I'm equally happy that theohall on the final day neglected to notice the day 1 lynch train on me, and voted to lynch someone who'd voted to hang a wolf instead of voting for the only remaining player who'd stayed off that train. Thanks!

(I never saw theohall at N-1, btw, because I was in the middle of a business dinner. Got home and saw that HEY! I got killed in an hour! Awesomes!)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

So.......who is running game 3?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:So.......who is running game 3?
I can do it

Black Lives Matter